|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 8 May, 1905 through 15 May, 1905.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the last day of the world, who are the people with the unnatural smiles?
(a) Those who are stealing.
(b) Those who have not yet atoned for their sins.
(c) Those who do not think the world is going to end.
(d) Those who are attempting to correct misdeeds.
2. What happens one month before the end of the world?
(a) Governments will shut down and martial law will take over.
(b) Cities will be shut down and people will move to the country.
(c) Families will gather to spend the last month together.
(d) Businesses will close.
3. Why is the woman, hiding at no. 22 Kamgasse, crouching in the shadows?
(a) She is afraid of being attacked.
(b) She is not sure where she is.
(c) She is afraid of kicking up dust.
(d) She has been assaulted and does not know whom to trust.
4. How many pages is the young man's theory of time?
5. According to the dream on "24 April 1905," what happens when the two "times" meet?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the "14 May 1905" dream, why do children who have left the city curse their parents?
2. How many times do the St. Vincent's Cathedral bells chime at the end of the 24 April 1905 dream?
3. According to the narrator, why do "cursed citizens wrestle with their bedsheets"?
4. One day before the end of the world, how are the streets described?
5. How old is Einstein in the novel?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)