|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 8 May, 1905 through 15 May, 1905.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why will schools close a year before the end of the world?
(a) Because schools were to be used as relief centers.
(b) Because families want time to spend together.
(c) Because "end of the world" vacations needed to be taken.
(d) Because there will be no need to learn with the end so close.
2. What song is the young man humming as he waits for the typist to come into the office?
(a) Beethoven's "Fur Elise."
(b) Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata."
(c) Beethoven's "The Creatures of Prometheus."
(d) Beethoven's "Fantasy in G."
3. On the last day of the world, who are the people with the unnatural smiles?
(a) Those who do not think the world is going to end.
(b) Those who are stealing.
(c) Those who are attempting to correct misdeeds.
(d) Those who have not yet atoned for their sins.
4. Where do the Swiss and English couples meet yearly?
(a) St. Moritz.
5. In the world described in the "11 May 1905" dream, what does the passage of time bring?
(a) Decreasing anxiety.
(b) Increasing order.
(c) Increasing anxiety.
(d) Decreasing order.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, what is the room full of?
2. What did Einstein's theory of time begin as?
3. What is wondrous about the world described in the "11 May 1905" dream?
4. What does the narrator say about a world with no time?
5. How does a traveler from the future talk?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)