|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 8 May, 1905 through 15 May, 1905.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say people transported to the past fear?
(a) They fear not knowing how to act.
(b) A change they make in the past could affect the future.
(c) Making the same mistakes they made in the "future."
(d) Nothing. They are not aware of the time transfer.
2. How many dimensions does the man in the leather coat live in simultaneously?
3. According to the narrator, people in their correct time period do not make contact with those from the future. How are those from the future looked at?
(a) They are immortalized.
(b) They are honored.
(c) They are feared.
(d) They are pitied.
4. What is the name of Basso's wife?
5. What is the last image readers are left with at the end of the "15 May 1905" dream?
(a) A broken watch.
(b) A yellow brush.
(c) A clock with pendulum stuck mid-swing.
(d) A book lying on a table.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, what are people in a world of only one day?
2. According to the narrator in the "28 April 1905" dream, what is visible in all places?
3. What rushes forward to envelope the people in the last seconds before the world ends?
4. How old is Einstein in the novel?
5. In the world described in the "11 May 1905" dream, what does the passage of time bring?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)