|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 8 May, 1905 through 15 May, 1905.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Einstein in the novel?
2. What did Einstein's theory of time begin as?
(a) An investigation of Socrates' theories.
(b) An investigation of Plato's theories.
(c) An investigation of electricity and magnetism.
(d) An investigation of survival of the fittest.
3. According to the narrator, what is the physical body?
(a) A thing to be obeyed, not ordered.
(b) A thing to be ordered, not obeyed.
(c) A mass of organisms that pull in only one direction.
(d) A mass of organisms that pull in different directions at all times.
4. Why does Einstein sneak away from his wife in the middle of the night?
(a) To drink with Besso.
(b) To meet a mistress.
(c) To work on equations.
(d) To walk in solitude.
5. What are the two times explained in the "24 April 1905" dream?
(a) Happy and sad time.
(b) Natural and imagined time.
(c) Good and bad time.
(d) Mechanical and body time.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the "4 May 1905" dream, "If time and the passage of events are the same" what happens to time?
2. What does the narrator want readers to consider in the "3 May 1905" dream?
3. In what month is the Prologue set?
4. According to the narrator, why do people wear watches?
5. What is the name of Basso's wife?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)