|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 8 May, 1905 through 15 May, 1905.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the world described in the "11 May 1905" dream, what happens in the springtime?
(a) The people gather at a central point and sing praise to Mother Nature.
(b) The season reverses and goes back towards winter.
(c) The people try to make the world disorderly.
(d) The people leave so that the town can realign on its own.
2. What did Einstein's theory of time begin as?
(a) An investigation of Plato's theories.
(b) An investigation of Socrates' theories.
(c) An investigation of survival of the fittest.
(d) An investigation of electricity and magnetism.
3. According to the narrator, people in their correct time period do not make contact with those from the future. How are those from the future looked at?
(a) They are honored.
(b) They are pitied.
(c) They are feared.
(d) They are immortalized.
4. According to the "14 May 1905" dream, why do children who have left the city curse their parents?
(a) For extending their life.
(b) For bearing them in the first place.
(c) For loving them too much.
(d) For trying to hold them forever.
5. In the world described in the "11 May 1905" dream, what does the passage of time bring?
(a) Increasing order.
(b) Decreasing order.
(c) Decreasing anxiety.
(d) Increasing anxiety.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rushes forward to envelope the people in the last seconds before the world ends?
2. According to the narrator, what do parents treasure given they think they may not witness it again?
3. What month does the Swiss and English couple meet to vacation together?
4. Why will schools close a year before the end of the world?
5. Who is the woman saying goodbye to in the hospital on Gerberngasse?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)