|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 8 May, 1905 through 15 May, 1905.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One day before the end of the world, how are the streets described?
(a) Swirling in laughter.
(b) Full of animals who have taken over.
(c) In the process of being cleaned.
2. What is the name of Einstein's wife?
3. According to the narrator, people in their correct time period do not make contact with those from the future. How are those from the future looked at?
(a) They are immortalized.
(b) They are honored.
(c) They are feared.
(d) They are pitied.
4. How old is Einstein in the novel?
5. Why is the woman in the linen shop on Amthausgasse?
(a) To talk to her friend about a project that is coming due.
(b) To talk to her friend about losing her job.
(c) To purchase linens for her daughter's wedding.
(d) To purchase linens for a funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. If a person holds no ambitions in the world described in the "4 May 1905" dream, what happens to him?
2. Where do the Swiss and English couples meet yearly?
3. How does a traveler from the future talk?
4. According to the narrator, what did scientists discover in the past?
5. According to the narrator, why do "cursed citizens wrestle with their bedsheets"?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)