|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 8 May, 1905 through 15 May, 1905.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the man on the fourth floor balcony looking down at?
(a) A dog looking for food.
(b) A child playing in the street.
(c) A blue coat.
(d) A red hat.
2. How does the world in the "15 May 1905" exist?
(a) As a black hole, digesting everything in its reach.
(b) As a blank slate.
(c) In black and white only, with no shadow or brightness.
(d) Without time and with images.
3. What is time compared to in the "16 April 1905" dream?
(a) A flow of water.
(b) A tree with leaves turning due to fall.
(c) A cocoon.
(d) A dream.
4. What does the narrator want readers to suppose time is?
(a) A circle.
(b) An arc.
(c) An ellipse.
(d) A sphere.
5. According to the narrator, what do parents treasure given they think they may not witness it again?
(a) Their child's first cry.
(b) Their child's first smile.
(c) Their child's first words.
(d) Their child's first laugh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of person does Besso think Einstein is?
2. What song is the young man humming as he waits for the typist to come into the office?
3. How many times do the St. Vincent's Cathedral bells chime at the end of the 24 April 1905 dream?
4. Why does Einstein want to understand time?
5. What happens to time in the "14 May 1905" dream?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)