|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 8 May, 1905 through 15 May, 1905.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the last day of the world, who are the people with the unnatural smiles?
(a) Those who do not think the world is going to end.
(b) Those who have not yet atoned for their sins.
(c) Those who are stealing.
(d) Those who are attempting to correct misdeeds.
2. In the world described in the "11 May 1905" dream, what happens in the springtime?
(a) The people gather at a central point and sing praise to Mother Nature.
(b) The season reverses and goes back towards winter.
(c) The people leave so that the town can realign on its own.
(d) The people try to make the world disorderly.
3. How many pages is the young man's theory of time?
4. According to the "14 May 1905" dream, why do children who have left the city curse their parents?
(a) For loving them too much.
(b) For bearing them in the first place.
(c) For trying to hold them forever.
(d) For extending their life.
5. What do those of religious faith see time as evidence of?
(a) The Apocalypse.
(c) The Second Coming.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, what did scientists discover in the past?
2. Finish the following line: "A world in which time is absolute is a world of ____________."
3. In the "10 May 1905" dream, why is one man sitting at a table weeping uncontrollably?
4. According to the narrator in the "3 May 1905" dream, a world of sincerity is also a world of what?
5. To take advantage of what scientists have discovered in the past, what have some people done to their homes?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)