|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 26 April, 1905 through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, what did scientists discover in the past?
(a) That time moves slower the farther one is from the center of the earth.
(b) That time never forgets its past.
(c) That time has "blips" that stop all things living.
(d) That time moves faster the farther one is from the center of the earth.
2. Where do the Swiss and English couples meet yearly?
(c) St. Moritz.
3. To take advantage of what scientists have discovered in the past, what have some people done to their homes?
(a) Placed them on stilts in the mountains.
(b) Built them with no contract on time.
(c) Built them in caves.
(d) Built them on boats over the Equator.
4. In the Prologue, how many times does the clock tower chime?
5. What song is the young man humming as he waits for the typist to come into the office?
(a) Beethoven's "The Creatures of Prometheus."
(b) Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata."
(c) Beethoven's "Fur Elise."
(d) Beethoven's "Fantasy in G."
Short Answer Questions
1. How many dimensions does the man in the leather coat live in simultaneously?
2. What do those of religious faith see time as evidence of?
3. According to the narrator, why do "cursed citizens wrestle with their bedsheets"?
4. According to the narrator, what did "just as things will be repeated in the future, all things now happening" do?
5. What is the woman in the shadows waiting for?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)