|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 26 April, 1905 through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, what do parents treasure given they think they may not witness it again?
(a) Their child's first smile.
(b) Their child's first cry.
(c) Their child's first words.
(d) Their child's first laugh.
2. How does a traveler from the future talk?
(a) They whisper tortured sounds.
(b) They speak in languages not understood by those around them.
(c) They scream animalistic sounds.
(d) They cannot talk because they are mute.
3. What is the man on the fourth floor balcony looking down at?
(a) A blue coat.
(b) A red hat.
(c) A dog looking for food.
(d) A child playing in the street.
4. Why is the woman in the linen shop on Amthausgasse?
(a) To talk to her friend about losing her job.
(b) To purchase linens for her daughter's wedding.
(c) To talk to her friend about a project that is coming due.
(d) To purchase linens for a funeral.
5. According to the "4 May 1905" dream, "If time and the passage of events are the same" what happens to time?
(a) Time barely moves at all.
(b) People barely move at all.
(c) Time moves very fast.
(d) People move very fast.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times do the St. Vincent's Cathedral bells chime at the end of the 24 April 1905 dream?
2. What does the narrator want readers to consider in the "3 May 1905" dream?
3. According to the narrator, what is the physical body?
4. What is time compared to in the "16 April 1905" dream?
5. For the town described in the "4 May 1905" dream, times passes, but what happens?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)