|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue through 24 April, 1905.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, what is the physical body?
(a) A thing to be ordered, not obeyed.
(b) A mass of organisms that pull in only one direction.
(c) A thing to be obeyed, not ordered.
(d) A mass of organisms that pull in different directions at all times.
2. What is the woman in the shadows waiting for?
(a) To be arrested so she can keep her timeline of life intact.
(b) To be carried back to her own time.
(c) To hear the church bells chime three times.
(d) To hear a cardinal sing.
3. What does the European Union of 1979 depend upon?
(a) The death of Sanze Kinterton.
(b) The meeting of Fredderik Strauss and Ivan Tauchnik.
(c) Hans Klausen's birth.
(d) The marriage of Franz Kipperten and Penelope Marden.
4. According to the narrator, why do "cursed citizens wrestle with their bedsheets"?
(a) Because their lives are in shambles.
(b) Because they have sinned.
(c) Because they feel torn by time.
(d) Because their mistakes will be repeated.
5. Who is the woman saying goodbye to in the hospital on Gerberngasse?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her child.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, what do parents treasure given they think they may not witness it again?
2. What is the man on the fourth floor balcony looking down at?
3. Where does the man in the leather jacket work at in Berne?
4. What do travelers from the future envy?
5. What does the narrator say people transported to the past fear?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)