|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue through 24 April, 1905.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does a traveler from the future talk?
(a) They speak in languages not understood by those around them.
(b) They cannot talk because they are mute.
(c) They whisper tortured sounds.
(d) They scream animalistic sounds.
2. What song is the young man humming as he waits for the typist to come into the office?
(a) Beethoven's "Fantasy in G."
(b) Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata."
(c) Beethoven's "The Creatures of Prometheus."
(d) Beethoven's "Fur Elise."
3. What is the woman in the shadows waiting for?
(a) To be carried back to her own time.
(b) To be arrested so she can keep her timeline of life intact.
(c) To hear a cardinal sing.
(d) To hear the church bells chime three times.
4. According to the dream on "24 April 1905," what happens when the two "times" meet?
5. According to the narrator, what is the room full of?
(a) Fluttering beliefs of accomplishment.
(b) Too many hopes to account for.
(c) Dreams and desires.
(d) Practical ideas.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times do the St. Vincent's Cathedral bells chime at the end of the 24 April 1905 dream?
2. Where is the young man's theory of time to be mailed?
3. What is the man on the fourth floor balcony looking down at?
4. What are the two times explained in the "24 April 1905" dream?
5. According to the narrator, why do "cursed citizens wrestle with their bedsheets"?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)