|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue through 24 April, 1905.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month is the Prologue set?
2. What do travelers from the future envy?
(d) People who live in their own time.
3. Why is the woman, hiding at no. 22 Kamgasse, crouching in the shadows?
(a) She is afraid of kicking up dust.
(b) She is not sure where she is.
(c) She is afraid of being attacked.
(d) She has been assaulted and does not know whom to trust.
4. According to the narrator, what do parents treasure given they think they may not witness it again?
(a) Their child's first smile.
(b) Their child's first words.
(c) Their child's first laugh.
(d) Their child's first cry.
5. What is time compared to in the "16 April 1905" dream?
(a) A cocoon.
(b) A dream.
(c) A flow of water.
(d) A tree with leaves turning due to fall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month is it in the "19 April 1905" dream?
2. According to the narrator, what did "just as things will be repeated in the future, all things now happening" do?
3. What song is the young man humming as he waits for the typist to come into the office?
4. Where is the young man's theory of time to be mailed?
5. According to the narrator, what do people who have been transported back in time wear?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)