|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue through 24 April, 1905.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the European Union of 1979 depend upon?
(a) Hans Klausen's birth.
(b) The meeting of Fredderik Strauss and Ivan Tauchnik.
(c) The death of Sanze Kinterton.
(d) The marriage of Franz Kipperten and Penelope Marden.
2. Where does the man in the leather jacket work at in Berne?
(a) A tavern.
(b) A pharmaceutical.
(c) A bank.
(d) A brasserie.
3. What song is the young man humming as he waits for the typist to come into the office?
(a) Beethoven's "Fur Elise."
(b) Beethoven's "The Creatures of Prometheus."
(c) Beethoven's "Fantasy in G."
(d) Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata."
4. What is the woman in the shadows waiting for?
(a) To hear a cardinal sing.
(b) To be carried back to her own time.
(c) To be arrested so she can keep her timeline of life intact.
(d) To hear the church bells chime three times.
5. In what month is the Prologue set?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, why do people wear watches?
2. Who is the woman saying goodbye to in the hospital on Gerberngasse?
3. In the Prologue, how many times does the clock tower chime?
4. According to the narrator, what is the room full of?
5. What does the narrator want readers to suppose time is?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)