|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue through 24 April, 1905.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is time compared to in the "16 April 1905" dream?
(a) A dream.
(b) A flow of water.
(c) A cocoon.
(d) A tree with leaves turning due to fall.
2. According to the narrator, what is the room full of?
(a) Fluttering beliefs of accomplishment.
(b) Practical ideas.
(c) Dreams and desires.
(d) Too many hopes to account for.
3. What month is it in the "19 April 1905" dream?
4. According to the narrator, why do "cursed citizens wrestle with their bedsheets"?
(a) Because their lives are in shambles.
(b) Because their mistakes will be repeated.
(c) Because they feel torn by time.
(d) Because they have sinned.
5. In the Prologue, how many times does the clock tower chime?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, what did "just as things will be repeated in the future, all things now happening" do?
2. What do travelers from the future envy?
3. Why is the woman, hiding at no. 22 Kamgasse, crouching in the shadows?
4. According to the narrator, without commitment there is what?
5. What is the man on the fourth floor balcony looking down at?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)