|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue through 24 April, 1905.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, why do people wear watches?
(a) As time keepers.
(b) As weight for balance.
(c) As ornaments.
(d) As reminders.
2. How does a traveler from the future talk?
(a) They cannot talk because they are mute.
(b) They speak in languages not understood by those around them.
(c) They scream animalistic sounds.
(d) They whisper tortured sounds.
3. How many pages is the young man's theory of time?
4. Why is the woman, hiding at no. 22 Kamgasse, crouching in the shadows?
(a) She is afraid of kicking up dust.
(b) She has been assaulted and does not know whom to trust.
(c) She is not sure where she is.
(d) She is afraid of being attacked.
5. What is time compared to in the "16 April 1905" dream?
(a) A tree with leaves turning due to fall.
(b) A dream.
(c) A cocoon.
(d) A flow of water.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, why do "cursed citizens wrestle with their bedsheets"?
2. What does the narrator want readers to suppose time is?
3. How many times do the St. Vincent's Cathedral bells chime at the end of the 24 April 1905 dream?
4. What is the woman in the shadows waiting for?
5. According to the narrator, what do parents treasure given they think they may not witness it again?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)