Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue through 24 April, 1905.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the woman in the shadows waiting for?
(a) To be arrested so she can keep her timeline of life intact.
(b) To hear a cardinal sing.
(c) To hear the church bells chime three times.
(d) To be carried back to her own time.
2. How does a traveler from the future talk?
(a) They speak in languages not understood by those around them.
(b) They cannot talk because they are mute.
(c) They scream animalistic sounds.
(d) They whisper tortured sounds.
3. What does the narrator say people transported to the past fear?
(a) A change they make in the past could affect the future.
(b) Making the same mistakes they made in the "future."
(c) They fear not knowing how to act.
(d) Nothing. They are not aware of the time transfer.
4. Where does the man in the leather jacket work at in Berne?
(a) A pharmaceutical.
(b) A bank.
(c) A tavern.
(d) A brasserie.
5. Where is the young man's theory of time to be mailed?
(a) The Swiss journal of physics.
(b) The German journal of physics.
(c) The American journal of physics.
(d) The European journal of physics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, what do parents treasure given they think they may not witness it again?
2. What do travelers from the future envy?
3. What song is the young man humming as he waits for the typist to come into the office?
4. According to the narrator, what is the physical body?
5. According to the narrator, what did "just as things will be repeated in the future, all things now happening" do?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)