|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 11 June 1905 through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, what do people who have been transported back in time wear?
(a) Tatters of clothes.
(b) Bright, illuminating clothing.
(c) Nothing; their clothing does not transfer to other time periods.
(d) Dark, indistinct clothing.
2. According to the "14 May 1905" dream, why do children who have left the city curse their parents?
(a) For trying to hold them forever.
(b) For bearing them in the first place.
(c) For loving them too much.
(d) For extending their life.
3. In the world described in the "11 May 1905" dream, what does the passage of time bring?
(a) Increasing anxiety.
(b) Decreasing order.
(c) Decreasing anxiety.
(d) Increasing order.
4. What do all of the people who have gathered together one minute before the end of the world do?
(a) Form a circle and hold hands.
(b) Kneel and pray.
(c) Look to the sky and sing.
(d) Lay down in family groups and hold each other.
5. One day before the end of the world, how are the streets described?
(a) Swirling in laughter.
(c) Full of animals who have taken over.
(d) In the process of being cleaned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Basso's wife?
2. What does the European Union of 1979 depend upon?
3. What does the narrator want readers to "suppose" in the "9 June 1905" dream?
4. In the "15 June 1905" dream, what is the young woman staring at?
5. In the "17 June 1905" dream, why does the young man tell his lover that he cannot see her again?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)