|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 11 June 1905 through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the young man choose to return to his proper place in time rather than staying a few minutes in the future in the "15 June 1905" dream?
(a) The future is cold and uncertain.
(b) The future contains a death he is not ready for.
(c) The future brings bad news regarding his doctorate.
(d) The future is too warm.
2. One day before the end of the world, how are the streets described?
(a) Full of animals who have taken over.
(b) In the process of being cleaned.
(d) Swirling in laughter.
3. What does the narrator say people transported to the past fear?
(a) Nothing. They are not aware of the time transfer.
(b) Making the same mistakes they made in the "future."
(c) They fear not knowing how to act.
(d) A change they make in the past could affect the future.
4. What is wrong with the people who live in the world described in the "20 May 1905" dream?
(a) They have no hope.
(b) They have no memories.
(c) They have no future.
(d) They have no dreams.
5. What kind of person does Besso think Einstein is?
(a) A man exalted too early in life.
(b) A man torn by innovations.
(c) A recluse and introvert.
(d) A socialite and extrovert.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, what are people in a world of only one day?
2. How does the narrator describe births, marriages, and deaths in the 15 June 1905 dream?
3. According to the "4 May 1905" dream, "If time and the passage of events are the same" what happens to time?
4. Who is carried into the woman's home (in the "2 June 1905" dream)?
5. What animal are people who heed time compared to in the 3 June 1905 dream?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)