|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 26 April, 1905 through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator want readers to consider in the "3 May 1905" dream?
(a) A world in which cause and effect balance.
(b) A world in which life and death do not balance.
(c) A world in which cause and effect are erratic.
(d) A world in which life and death balance.
2. According to the dream on "24 April 1905," what happens when the two "times" meet?
3. What does the narrator say people transported to the past fear?
(a) Making the same mistakes they made in the "future."
(b) Nothing. They are not aware of the time transfer.
(c) A change they make in the past could affect the future.
(d) They fear not knowing how to act.
4. According to the narrator, what did scientists discover in the past?
(a) That time has "blips" that stop all things living.
(b) That time never forgets its past.
(c) That time moves slower the farther one is from the center of the earth.
(d) That time moves faster the farther one is from the center of the earth.
5. What month is it in the "19 April 1905" dream?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator in the "28 April 1905" dream, what is visible in all places?
2. What is time compared to in the "16 April 1905" dream?
3. What song is the young man humming as he waits for the typist to come into the office?
4. At what time do the people of Berne convene at Kramgasse?
5. How many pages is the young man's theory of time?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)