|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 26 April, 1905 through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do those of religious faith see time as evidence of?
(a) The Second Coming.
(d) The Apocalypse.
2. Why is the woman in the linen shop on Amthausgasse?
(a) To talk to her friend about a project that is coming due.
(b) To purchase linens for a funeral.
(c) To purchase linens for her daughter's wedding.
(d) To talk to her friend about losing her job.
3. According to the narrator, why do "cursed citizens wrestle with their bedsheets"?
(a) Because they feel torn by time.
(b) Because their mistakes will be repeated.
(c) Because they have sinned.
(d) Because their lives are in shambles.
4. Why does Einstein sneak away from his wife in the middle of the night?
(a) To walk in solitude.
(b) To work on equations.
(c) To drink with Besso.
(d) To meet a mistress.
5. Who is the woman saying goodbye to in the hospital on Gerberngasse?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her child.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, people in their correct time period do not make contact with those from the future. How are those from the future looked at?
2. Finish the following line: "A world in which time is absolute is a world of ____________."
3. According to the narrator, why do people wear watches?
4. What is the woman in the shadows waiting for?
5. What do travelers from the future envy?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)