|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 20 May, 1905 through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One day before the end of the world, how are the streets described?
(a) Swirling in laughter.
(b) In the process of being cleaned.
(d) Full of animals who have taken over.
2. What does the narrator say people transported to the past fear?
(a) They fear not knowing how to act.
(b) Making the same mistakes they made in the "future."
(c) Nothing. They are not aware of the time transfer.
(d) A change they make in the past could affect the future.
3. What happens one month before the end of the world?
(a) Governments will shut down and martial law will take over.
(b) Businesses will close.
(c) Families will gather to spend the last month together.
(d) Cities will be shut down and people will move to the country.
4. Where is the young man's theory of time to be mailed?
(a) The European journal of physics.
(b) The American journal of physics.
(c) The German journal of physics.
(d) The Swiss journal of physics.
5. What is wondrous about the world described in the "11 May 1905" dream?
(a) All inhabitants live in dream-like states.
(b) Nothing is out of place.
(c) Money is not needed.
(d) No one needs sleep to re-energize.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Besso's visitor from?
2. According to the narrator, what did "just as things will be repeated in the future, all things now happening" do?
3. What is the tragedy of the world described in the "10 May 1905" dream?
4. What does the narrator want readers to consider in the "3 May 1905" dream?
5. According to the narrator in the "3 May 1905" dream, a world of sincerity is also a world of what?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)