|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 20 May, 1905 through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the "20 May 1905 dream, what must people do at the end of the day?
(a) Follow a path created by string to find their way home.
(b) Consult an address book to learn where they live.
(d) Call their loved ones to come get them.
2. Finish the following line: "A world in which time is absolute is a world of ____________."
3. Why is the woman in the linen shop on Amthausgasse?
(a) To purchase linens for her daughter's wedding.
(b) To purchase linens for a funeral.
(c) To talk to her friend about a project that is coming due.
(d) To talk to her friend about losing her job.
4. What invention preceded the notice of the "speed effect"?
(a) The invention of the internal combustion engine.
(b) Newton's invention of the laws of universal gravitation and motion.
(c) The Wright Brothers' invention of the first engine plane.
(d) Da Vinci's invention of the parachute.
5. Where are Besso and Einstein sitting in the second Interlude?
(a) A brasserie.
(b) A bookstore.
(c) Besso's home.
(d) A cafe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Besso's visitor from?
2. What is Einstein eating in the second Interlude?
3. Where does the man in the leather jacket work at in Berne?
4. According to the narrator, in the world described in the "22 May 1905" dream, what happens to people who have not had "their vision"?
5. What song is the young man humming as he waits for the typist to come into the office?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)