|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 20 May, 1905 through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Einstein looking as the second Interlude comes to a close?
(a) Towards Aare.
(b) Towards the town clock.
(c) Towards the Bernese Alps.
(d) Into space.
2. For people in the world described in the "20 May 1905" dream, what does each one carry?
(a) Their own record of sins.
(b) A cross to ward off evil.
(c) Their own personal Book of Life.
(d) Personal cameras to record their visits.
3. What invention preceded the notice of the "speed effect"?
(a) Da Vinci's invention of the parachute.
(b) The invention of the internal combustion engine.
(c) The Wright Brothers' invention of the first engine plane.
(d) Newton's invention of the laws of universal gravitation and motion.
4. According to the "29 May 1905" dream, why does this world exist as it does?
(a) Time passes more slowly for those who keep order.
(b) Time passes more slowly for those in distress.
(c) Time passes in slow motion.
(d) Time passes more slowly for those in motion.
5. What did Einstein's theory of time begin as?
(a) An investigation of Plato's theories.
(b) An investigation of electricity and magnetism.
(c) An investigation of survival of the fittest.
(d) An investigation of Socrates' theories.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, people in their correct time period do not make contact with those from the future. How are those from the future looked at?
2. In the second Interlude, what is the first dialogue between Besso and Einstein that the reader comes across?
3. What do travelers from the future envy?
4. What is the tragedy of the world described in the "10 May 1905" dream?
5. According to the narrator, why do "cursed citizens wrestle with their bedsheets"?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)