|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 20 May, 1905 through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Basso and Einstein meet?
2. According to the "14 May 1905" dream, why do children who have left the city curse their parents?
(a) For loving them too much.
(b) For extending their life.
(c) For bearing them in the first place.
(d) For trying to hold them forever.
3. If a person holds no ambitions in the world described in the "4 May 1905" dream, what happens to him?
(a) He suffers unknowingly.
(b) He suffers knowingly.
(c) He lives life in poverty.
(d) He lives life in wealth.
4. What rushes forward to envelope the people in the last seconds before the world ends?
(c) Flood waters.
5. What does the narrator want readers to consider in the "3 May 1905" dream?
(a) A world in which life and death balance.
(b) A world in which life and death do not balance.
(c) A world in which cause and effect are erratic.
(d) A world in which cause and effect balance.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pages is the young man's theory of time?
2. What do those of religious faith see time as evidence of?
3. According to the narrator in the "3 May 1905" dream, a world of sincerity is also a world of what?
4. According to the narrator in the "22 May 1905" dream, a world that gives brief scenes from the future, what kinds of risks do people take?
5. What happens one month before the end of the world?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)