|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 20 May, 1905 through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, why do people wear watches?
(a) As time keepers.
(b) As reminders.
(c) As ornaments.
(d) As weight for balance.
2. Who is the woman saying goodbye to in the hospital on Gerberngasse?
(a) Her child.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
3. What happens one month before the end of the world?
(a) Families will gather to spend the last month together.
(b) Businesses will close.
(c) Cities will be shut down and people will move to the country.
(d) Governments will shut down and martial law will take over.
4. What happens to time in the "14 May 1905" dream?
(a) Time stands still.
(b) Time is sped up.
(c) Time is set in a constant loop.
(d) Time moves slowly.
5. According to the "14 May 1905" dream, who makes pilgrimages to the center of time?
(a) Those close to death.
(b) Everyone at least once in his or her life.
(c) Parents with their children and lovers.
(d) Only newlyweds.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the "29 May 1905" dream, why does this world exist as it does?
2. How old is Einstein in the novel?
3. According to the "14 May 1905" dream, why do children who have left the city curse their parents?
4. To take advantage of what scientists have discovered in the past, what have some people done to their homes?
5. What does the narrator want readers to suppose time is?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)