|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 20 May, 1905 through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song is the young man humming as he waits for the typist to come into the office?
(a) Beethoven's "The Creatures of Prometheus."
(b) Beethoven's "Fur Elise."
(c) Beethoven's "Fantasy in G."
(d) Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata."
2. To what does the Zytgloggeturm pay tribute?
(b) The past.
(c) The future.
(d) The infinite.
3. Finish the following line: "A world in which time is absolute is a world of ____________."
4. According to the "8 May 1905" dream, what is the date the world will end?
(a) 12 December 2012.
(b) 26 September 1907.
(c) 9 May 1906.
(d) 9 June 1905.
5. What does the narrator say about a world with no time?
(a) The world forgets how to function.
(b) Without time the world fails to progress at a natural pace.
(c) People take too much for granted.
(d) There is no life without time.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the "14 May 1905" dream, who makes pilgrimages to the center of time?
2. Who has Besso received a letter from announcing a visit?
3. According to the "4 May 1905" dream, "If time and the passage of events are the same" what happens to time?
4. According to the narrator, why do people wear watches?
5. How does a traveler from the future talk?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)