|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 20 May, 1905 through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why will schools close a year before the end of the world?
(a) Because families want time to spend together.
(b) Because schools were to be used as relief centers.
(c) Because "end of the world" vacations needed to be taken.
(d) Because there will be no need to learn with the end so close.
2. On the last day of the world, who are the people with the unnatural smiles?
(a) Those who are stealing.
(b) Those who are attempting to correct misdeeds.
(c) Those who have not yet atoned for their sins.
(d) Those who do not think the world is going to end.
3. Who has Besso received a letter from announcing a visit?
(a) His brother.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His father.
(d) His sister.
4. How can Besso tell that Einstein is making progress on his theory?
(a) The fact that Einstein has not changed clothes in three days.
(b) The dark circles under Einstein's eyes.
(c) The erratic way Einstein's hair is jutting out in all directions.
(d) The way that Einstein's eye look glassed over.
5. What does the narrator say people transported to the past fear?
(a) Nothing. They are not aware of the time transfer.
(b) They fear not knowing how to act.
(c) A change they make in the past could affect the future.
(d) Making the same mistakes they made in the "future."
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times do the St. Vincent's Cathedral bells chime at the end of the 24 April 1905 dream?
2. What is curious about the town in the "10 May 1905" dream?
3. What is the man on the fourth floor balcony looking down at?
4. How does time move in the "14 May 1905" dream?
5. Where do the Swiss and English couples meet yearly?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)