|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 11 June 1905 through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the "29 May 1905" dream, why does this world exist as it does?
(a) Time passes in slow motion.
(b) Time passes more slowly for those in motion.
(c) Time passes more slowly for those who keep order.
(d) Time passes more slowly for those in distress.
2. How old is the young woman, in the "15 June 190" dream, when she finally stops her travel into the future?
3. Why is the woman in the linen shop on Amthausgasse?
(a) To purchase linens for her daughter's wedding.
(b) To purchase linens for a funeral.
(c) To talk to her friend about losing her job.
(d) To talk to her friend about a project that is coming due.
4. How is time described in the "17 June 1905" dream?
(a) As flashes.
(b) As discontinuous.
(c) As continuous.
(d) As explosive.
5. In the third Interlude, what does Besso say that he sees in the clouds?
(a) A dog chasing a rabbit.
(b) A man on a horse.
(c) A dog chasing a child.
(d) A goat chasing a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Einstein want to understand time?
2. What month does the Swiss and English couple meet to vacation together?
3. According to the narrator in the "3 May 1905" dream, a world of sincerity is also a world of what?
4. What kind of person does Besso think Einstein is?
5. According to the narrator, the world described in the "11 June 1905" dream, is a world without what?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)