|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 11 June 1905 through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the "22 May 1905" dream, how does time flow in the world described?
(a) In accelerating spurts.
(b) Unevenly and fitfully.
(c) Smoothly and consistently.
(d) In alternating phases of fast and slow.
2. In the "15 June 1905" dream, what is the young woman staring at?
(a) A photograph of a swing in her yard.
(b) A photograph of her boyfriend.
(c) A photograph of her as a child.
(d) A photograph of her dog.
3. In the third Interlude, what does Besso say that he sees in the clouds?
(a) A goat chasing a man.
(b) A man on a horse.
(c) A dog chasing a child.
(d) A dog chasing a rabbit.
4. For people in the world described in the "20 May 1905" dream, what does each one carry?
(a) Their own record of sins.
(b) Personal cameras to record their visits.
(c) Their own personal Book of Life.
(d) A cross to ward off evil.
5. How do the clouds appear, in the "17 June 1905" dream, after a gap in time?
(a) Exactly the same.
(b) Moved, but not really enough to notice.
(c) Gone completely.
(d) Moved and, therefore, confusing for inhabitants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What invention preceded the notice of the "speed effect"?
2. In the "17 June 1905" dream, why is the baker yelling at a woman?
3. What kind of person does Besso think Einstein is?
4. According to Besso, what does Einstein live without?
5. According to the narrator, in the world described in the "22 May 1905" dream, what happens to people who have had "their vision"?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)