|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 11 June 1905 through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the young man choose to return to his proper place in time rather than staying a few minutes in the future in the "15 June 1905" dream?
(a) The future contains a death he is not ready for.
(b) The future is too warm.
(c) The future brings bad news regarding his doctorate.
(d) The future is cold and uncertain.
2. What does Einstein ask Besso for during the third Interlude?
(a) A sandwich.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A cracker.
(d) A coat.
3. According to Besso, what does Einstein live without?
4. According to the narrator in the "3 May 1905" dream, a world of sincerity is also a world of what?
5. Why is the woman in the linen shop on Amthausgasse?
(a) To purchase linens for her daughter's wedding.
(b) To talk to her friend about a project that is coming due.
(c) To purchase linens for a funeral.
(d) To talk to her friend about losing her job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Besso and Einstein sitting in the second Interlude?
2. Who is responsible for discovering the "speed effect?"
3. In the "17 June 1905" dream, why is the baker yelling at a woman?
4. For people in the world described in the "20 May 1905" dream, what does each one carry?
5. What actions of Einstein's surprised Besso when he looked like Einstein does now?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)