One Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 11 June 1905 through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the second Interlude, what is the first dialogue between Besso and Einstein that the reader comes across?
(a) Besso asking Einstein how his theory is going.
(b) Besso asking Einstein if he is ill.
(c) Besso telling Einstein he does not look well.
(d) Besso telling Einstein that he needs to see a doctor.
2. What actions of Einstein's surprised Besso when he looked like Einstein does now?
(a) When Einstein took a leave from work to travel with Besso on a personal health vacation.
(b) When Einstein quit his own job to care for Besso.
(c) When Einstein came to Besso's home to care for him.
(d) Einstein took Besso into his home and cared for him for a month.
3. What invention preceded the notice of the "speed effect"?
(a) The invention of the internal combustion engine.
(b) Da Vinci's invention of the parachute.
(c) Newton's invention of the laws of universal gravitation and motion.
(d) The Wright Brothers' invention of the first engine plane.
4. How is time described in the "17 June 1905" dream?
(a) As continuous.
(b) As flashes.
(c) As explosive.
(d) As discontinuous.
5. Why does the terrace of the Bundesterrasse have a striking view?
(a) Because of the view of the Bundes Falls.
(b) Because of the view of the square.
(c) Because of the Aare river and the Bernese Alps.
(d) Because of the view of the cathedral.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Einstein in the novel?
2. What is the paper on that Einstein set on Besso's desk (as told in the second Interlude)?
3. According to the "4 May 1905" dream, "If time and the passage of events are the same" what happens to time?
4. According to the narrator, the world described in the "11 June 1905" dream, is a world without what?
5. What is wrong with the people who live in the world described in the "20 May 1905" dream?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)