|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Elizabeth's pet parakeet, Petey?
2. Who works at the Professor's store around the time of Christmas break?
3. What does Marshall tell the police that the Professor did that night when he and April left Egypt?
4. What do Ken and Toby bring to Egypt after the children are permitted outside again?
5. What does April do when she visits the Professor at his store during Christmas break?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are April and Melanie's thoughts about Ken and Toby's interest in the Egypt Game?
2. What news does April receive in a letter from her mother after Halloween?
3. Why did the Egyptians have to leave Egypt immediately when it is April's turn to pose a question?
4. Who are the intruders in Egypt on Halloween night?
5. What happens when April and Marshall leave Egypt after visiting there at night?
6. What secret does Toby reveal to April and Melanie?
7. How did Security become lost?
8. What is the Oracle of Thoth?
9. Where is Security found?
10. Why are the Egyptians unable to return to their game during Christmas break?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters of April and Melanie. How are they different on the outside but the same on the inside? Use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of abandonment through the situations and experiences of each of the following:
b. The Professor
Use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Why is the Egypt Game so appealing to the children in the story? Would the Egypt Game be of interest to most children? Why? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)