|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first participant in the Oracle of Thoth?
2. How do the Egyptians prepare for the Ceremony of Returning to the Oracle for the Answer?
3. What question remains after Marshall finds Security?
4. Why are the Egyptians unable to return to their game during Christmas break?
5. Why is April babysitting Marshall?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the inspiration for the Oracle ceremony?
2. What is the Oracle of Thoth?
3. Why are the Egyptians unable to return to their game during Christmas break?
4. Who are the intruders in Egypt on Halloween night?
5. Where is Security found?
6. What are April and Melanie's thoughts about Ken and Toby's interest in the Egypt Game?
7. What is the story the Egyptians develop for the demise of Elizabeth's parakeet, Petey?
8. What happens to Elizabeth's parakeet, Petey?
9. What is April's solution to the intruder situation in Egypt?
10. What does April learn about the Professor from Marshall?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the Egypt Game provide a sense of community? What is the thread that ties this community together? Cite specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
In the chapter, Prisoners of Fear, it states "Elizabeth turned out to be just what the Egypt Game needed to make it perfect." Please explain this comment using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of April and Melanie. How are they different on the outside but the same on the inside? Use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)