|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who insists that there should be no changes in the Egypt Game?
2. Who is selected to be the Oracle?
3. Why does Toby want to finish the hieroglyph alphabet?
4. What do the intruders think about their intrusion?
5. What does April find when she takes the piece of paper from Thoth's beak?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do April and Marshall go to Egypt at night?
2. How does Marshal describe the man who hurt April?
3. Why do the older Egyptians want to stop playing the Egypt Game?
4. How did Security become lost?
5. What does April learn about the Professor from Marshall?
6. What is the Oracle of Thoth?
7. What secret does Toby reveal to April and Melanie?
8. Who are the intruders in Egypt on Halloween night?
9. What happens to Elizabeth's parakeet, Petey?
10. How does April respond to her mother's invitation to join her in Palm Springs during Christmas break?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How can children from such different backgrounds become such good friends? What do the Egyptians learn from each other? How do their relationships change the way they see themselves? Use examples from the book in your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the friendship between April and Melanie. Consider its limitations as well as its history and future possibilities. Include examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of April and Melanie. How are they different on the outside but the same on the inside? Use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)