|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Petey's Egyptian name?
2. Why does Toby want to finish the hieroglyph alphabet?
3. What does Melanie suggest to Marshall about Security?
4. What is the inspiration for the Oracle ceremony?
5. Why do Marshall and April go to Egypt at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the inspiration for the Oracle ceremony?
2. Why do April and Marshall go to Egypt at night?
3. How does Marshal describe the man who hurt April?
4. What is April's solution to the intruder situation in Egypt?
5. What are April and Melanie's thoughts about Ken and Toby's interest in the Egypt Game?
6. What happens to Elizabeth's parakeet, Petey?
7. How does April respond to her mother's invitation to join her in Palm Springs during Christmas break?
8. What do the Egyptians find when they return to Egypt to learn whether the Oracle has spoken?
9. What is the story the Egyptians develop for the demise of Elizabeth's parakeet, Petey?
10. Describe the Ceremony of the Dead.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How has April changed from the beginning of the book to the end of the book? What events or experiences brought about those changes? Cite examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Why was a sense of belonging significant to the characters in The Egypt Game? Would these characters have a sense of belonging if it were not for the Egypt Game?
Essay Topic 3
How can children from such different backgrounds become such good friends? What do the Egyptians learn from each other? How do their relationships change the way they see themselves? Use examples from the book in your answer.
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)