|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ken's reaction to the Egypt Game?
2. How does the Oracle of Thoth work?
3. What is the story the Egyptians create regarding the demise of Petey?
4. What do April and Melanie think will happen with the boys' involvement in the Egypt Game?
5. Why does Marshall apologize to April?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are April and Melanie's thoughts about Ken and Toby's interest in the Egypt Game?
2. Where is Security found?
3. What happens to Elizabeth's parakeet, Petey?
4. What do the Egyptians find when they return to Egypt to learn whether the Oracle has spoken?
5. What is the story the Egyptians develop for the demise of Elizabeth's parakeet, Petey?
6. Why are the Egyptians unable to return to their game during Christmas break?
7. Why do the older Egyptians want to stop playing the Egypt Game?
8. What secret does Toby reveal to April and Melanie?
9. Why did the Egyptians have to leave Egypt immediately when it is April's turn to pose a question?
10. Why does Toby want to finish the hieroglyphic alphabet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the friendship between April and Melanie. Consider its limitations as well as its history and future possibilities. Include examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
How has April changed from the beginning of the book to the end of the book? What events or experiences brought about those changes? Cite examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
How does the Egypt Game provide a sense of community? What is the thread that ties this community together? Cite specific examples from the book.
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)