|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marshall do when the police officers ask him questions about the attack on April?
2. Why does Toby get in trouble on Halloween night?
3. What happens to the man who hurts April?
4. What do Ken and Toby tell their basketball friends about why they have been absent from the game?
5. What happens to Elizabeth's pet parakeet, Petey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does April learn about the Professor from Marshall?
2. What is the inspiration for the Oracle ceremony?
3. How does Marshal describe the man who hurt April?
4. What do the Egyptians find when they return to Egypt to learn whether the Oracle has spoken?
5. How does April respond to her mother's invitation to join her in Palm Springs during Christmas break?
6. What are April and Melanie's thoughts about Ken and Toby's interest in the Egypt Game?
7. Who are the intruders in Egypt on Halloween night?
8. What happens when April and Marshall leave Egypt after visiting there at night?
9. Why are the Egyptians unable to return to their game during Christmas break?
10. What is April's solution to the intruder situation in Egypt?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how irony is used by the author. How effective is the use of irony in The Egypt Game? Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
How does the Egypt Game provide a sense of community? What is the thread that ties this community together? Cite specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of April and Melanie. How are they different on the outside but the same on the inside? Use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)