|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question remains after Marshall finds Security?
2. Why does everyone think something strange is going on in Egypt?
3. What is Toby's reaction to the Egypt Game?
4. What do April and Melanie think will happen with the boys' involvement in the Egypt Game?
5. How do the Egyptians prepare for the Ceremony of Returning to the Oracle for the Answer?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the ways innocence is defined, discussed, and violated in The Egypt Game. How does each character's development relate to whether, and how, they might be innocent or have lost innocence? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the connection between the children's love for Egyptian artifacts and the Professor's fascination for artifacts? How does this interest in ancient artifacts create a common bond between them? Use specific references from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the author's treatment of the Professor. How is he presented, and what is his role in the novel? Cite examples from the book.
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)