|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the inspiration for the Oracle ceremony?
2. In what temple will the Ceremony of the Dead be held?
3. Why are the Egyptians unable to return to their game during Christmas break?
4. What is Ken's reaction to the Egypt Game?
5. What does Melanie suggest to Marshall about Security?
Essay Topic 1
In the chapter, Prisoners of Fear, it states "Elizabeth turned out to be just what the Egypt Game needed to make it perfect." Please explain this comment using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Why is the Egypt Game so appealing to the children in the story? Would the Egypt Game be of interest to most children? Why? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
a. In what ways does The Egypt Game reflect the kinds of social and family structure changes that took place in the United States during the 1960s?
b. Compare and contrast the sixth graders in The Egypt Game to sixth graders today. Has anything changed in the past forty years?
Cite examples from the book.
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)