|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Professor give April when she visits him at his store during Christmas break?
2. Why does Toby want to finish the hieroglyph alphabet?
3. Who is not worried whether Security will be found?
4. Why do the Egyptians have to leave Egypt immediately after the second Ceremony of Presenting the Question to the Oracle?
5. What do the Egyptians decide that the procession should have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Security found?
2. What does April learn about the Professor from Marshall?
3. Why do the older Egyptians want to stop playing the Egypt Game?
4. Why are the Egyptians unable to return to their game during Christmas break?
5. What happens to Elizabeth's parakeet, Petey?
6. What is April's solution to the intruder situation in Egypt?
7. What is the inspiration for the Oracle ceremony?
8. What happens when April and Marshall leave Egypt after visiting there at night?
9. What are April and Melanie's thoughts about Ken and Toby's interest in the Egypt Game?
10. How did Security become lost?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Melanie, Marshall, and Ken are the only characters in the novel who live in a traditional family. In what ways do the characters playing the Egypt Game become an extended family for the children? Discuss the concept of family and Snyder's presentation of the American family. What does it consist of? Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the friendship between April and Melanie. Consider its limitations as well as its history and future possibilities. Include examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
a. In what ways does The Egypt Game reflect the kinds of social and family structure changes that took place in the United States during the 1960s?
b. Compare and contrast the sixth graders in The Egypt Game to sixth graders today. Has anything changed in the past forty years?
Cite examples from the book.
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)