|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what temple will the Ceremony of the Dead be held?
2. What happens to Elizabeth's pet parakeet, Petey?
3. Who is the second Egyptian to pose a question to Thoth?
4. What happens that allows Melanie and April to return to Egypt?
5. How does the Oracle of Thoth work?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marshal describe the man who hurt April?
2. How does April respond to her mother's invitation to join her in Palm Springs during Christmas break?
3. Who are the intruders in Egypt on Halloween night?
4. What do the Egyptians find when they return to Egypt to learn whether the Oracle has spoken?
5. What is the inspiration for the Oracle ceremony?
6. What happens to Elizabeth's parakeet, Petey?
7. Why do April and Marshall go to Egypt at night?
8. What secret does Toby reveal to April and Melanie?
9. How did Security become lost?
10. Where is Security found?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the chapter, Prisoners of Fear, it states "Elizabeth turned out to be just what the Egypt Game needed to make it perfect." Please explain this comment using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
How can children from such different backgrounds become such good friends? What do the Egyptians learn from each other? How do their relationships change the way they see themselves? Use examples from the book in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how irony is used by the author. How effective is the use of irony in The Egypt Game? Use examples from the book.
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)