|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does April hear while they are leaving Egypt at night?
2. What do the Egyptians do after the first intruder lands in the storage yard?
3. What happens that allows Melanie and April to return to Egypt?
4. What does April find when she takes the piece of paper from Thoth's beak?
5. What does Marshall do when the police officers ask him questions about the attack on April?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does April respond to her mother's invitation to join her in Palm Springs during Christmas break?
2. Why do April and Marshall go to Egypt at night?
3. Why do the older Egyptians want to stop playing the Egypt Game?
4. Why does Toby want to finish the hieroglyphic alphabet?
5. Describe the Ceremony of the Dead.
6. What happens when April and Marshall leave Egypt after visiting there at night?
7. What does April learn about the Professor from Marshall?
8. What do the Egyptians find when they return to Egypt to learn whether the Oracle has spoken?
9. Why are the Egyptians unable to return to their game during Christmas break?
10. What happens to Elizabeth's parakeet, Petey?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the author's treatment of the Professor. How is he presented, and what is his role in the novel? Cite examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the ways innocence is defined, discussed, and violated in The Egypt Game. How does each character's development relate to whether, and how, they might be innocent or have lost innocence? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How does the Egypt Game provide a sense of community? What is the thread that ties this community together? Cite specific examples from the book.
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)