|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Egyptians have to leave Egypt immediately after the second Ceremony of Presenting the Question to the Oracle?
2. What happens to Marshall following the attack on April?
3. How is Toby able to come and go easily from home?
4. What do the Egyptians decide that the procession should have?
5. In what temple will the Ceremony of the Dead be held?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the Egyptians unable to return to their game during Christmas break?
2. What is the inspiration for the Oracle ceremony?
3. What does April learn about the Professor from Marshall?
4. Who are the intruders in Egypt on Halloween night?
5. How does April respond to her mother's invitation to join her in Palm Springs during Christmas break?
6. What happens to Elizabeth's parakeet, Petey?
7. Why did the Egyptians have to leave Egypt immediately when it is April's turn to pose a question?
8. How does Marshal describe the man who hurt April?
9. Describe the Ceremony of the Dead.
10. Why do the older Egyptians want to stop playing the Egypt Game?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is the Egypt Game so appealing to the children in the story? Would the Egypt Game be of interest to most children? Why? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
In the chapter, Prisoners of Fear, it states "Elizabeth turned out to be just what the Egypt Game needed to make it perfect." Please explain this comment using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the author's treatment of the Professor. How is he presented, and what is his role in the novel? Cite examples from the book.
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)