|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Egyptians think they should do because strange things are occurring in Egypt?
2. What is April's reaction to the intruders on Halloween night?
3. Who is the second Egyptian to pose a question to Thoth?
4. Who insists that there should be no changes in the Egypt Game?
5. Why does Toby get in trouble on Halloween night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Elizabeth's parakeet, Petey?
2. How does April respond to her mother's invitation to join her in Palm Springs during Christmas break?
3. Why are the Egyptians unable to return to their game during Christmas break?
4. What are April and Melanie's thoughts about Ken and Toby's interest in the Egypt Game?
5. Why does Toby want to finish the hieroglyphic alphabet?
6. What news does April receive in a letter from her mother after Halloween?
7. What do the Egyptians find when they return to Egypt to learn whether the Oracle has spoken?
8. What secret does Toby reveal to April and Melanie?
9. What is April's solution to the intruder situation in Egypt?
10. What is the Oracle of Thoth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why was a sense of belonging significant to the characters in The Egypt Game? Would these characters have a sense of belonging if it were not for the Egypt Game?
Essay Topic 2
What role does the theme of violence have and how does this theme contribute to the meaning of the novel? Use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the ways innocence is defined, discussed, and violated in The Egypt Game. How does each character's development relate to whether, and how, they might be innocent or have lost innocence? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)