|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who insists that there should be no changes in the Egypt Game?
2. How do the Egyptians prepare for the Ceremony of Returning to the Oracle for the Answer?
3. What do the Egyptians do after the Oracle of Thoth is performed?
4. Why does Toby get in trouble on Halloween night?
5. Who works at the Professor's store around the time of Christmas break?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Elizabeth's parakeet, Petey?
2. Where is Security found?
3. What is April's solution to the intruder situation in Egypt?
4. What happens when April and Marshall leave Egypt after visiting there at night?
5. How did Security become lost?
6. What does April learn about the Professor from Marshall?
7. Who are the intruders in Egypt on Halloween night?
8. How does Marshal describe the man who hurt April?
9. Why do the older Egyptians want to stop playing the Egypt Game?
10. What is the Oracle of Thoth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Melanie, Marshall, and Ken are the only characters in the novel who live in a traditional family. In what ways do the characters playing the Egypt Game become an extended family for the children? Discuss the concept of family and Snyder's presentation of the American family. What does it consist of? Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the friendship between April and Melanie. Consider its limitations as well as its history and future possibilities. Include examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
How does the Egypt Game provide a sense of community? What is the thread that ties this community together? Cite specific examples from the book.
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)