|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Egyptians prepare for the Ceremony of Returning to the Oracle for the Answer?
2. Why do the Egyptians have to leave Egypt immediately after the second Ceremony of Presenting the Question to the Oracle?
3. What do the Egyptians decide that the procession should have?
4. In what temple will the Ceremony of the Dead be held?
5. Who insists that there should be no changes in the Egypt Game?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marshal describe the man who hurt April?
2. What news does April receive in a letter from her mother after Halloween?
3. What is April's solution to the intruder situation in Egypt?
4. What happens when April and Marshall leave Egypt after visiting there at night?
5. How does April respond to her mother's invitation to join her in Palm Springs during Christmas break?
6. Who are the intruders in Egypt on Halloween night?
7. Where is Security found?
8. What does April learn about the Professor from Marshall?
9. What secret does Toby reveal to April and Melanie?
10. Why did the Egyptians have to leave Egypt immediately when it is April's turn to pose a question?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how irony is used by the author. How effective is the use of irony in The Egypt Game? Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Why is the Egypt Game so appealing to the children in the story? Would the Egypt Game be of interest to most children? Why? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
In the chapter, Prisoners of Fear, it states "Elizabeth turned out to be just what the Egypt Game needed to make it perfect." Please explain this comment using examples from the book.
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)