|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first participant in the Oracle of Thoth?
2. Why does Toby want to finish the hieroglyph alphabet?
3. Who performs the Ceremony of Returning to the Oracle for the Answer?
4. What do April and Melanie think will happen with the boys' involvement in the Egypt Game?
5. What do the Egyptians do after Marshall's question is answered?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In The Egypt Game, how is prejudice shown against those who are different? How are these situations eventually resolved? Use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the tension between the innocence of the children playing their game and the real-world events that occur in the story. Use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the ways innocence is defined, discussed, and violated in The Egypt Game. How does each character's development relate to whether, and how, they might be innocent or have lost innocence? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)