|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the remains of Petey's body?
2. What do Ken and Toby bring to Egypt after the children are permitted outside again?
3. What do April and Melanie think will happen with the boys' involvement in the Egypt Game?
4. What does Toby confide to April and Melanie?
5. Why does Toby get in trouble on Halloween night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Ceremony of the Dead.
2. Why do the older Egyptians want to stop playing the Egypt Game?
3. What is the Oracle of Thoth?
4. What does April learn about the Professor from Marshall?
5. Why does Toby want to finish the hieroglyphic alphabet?
6. Who are the intruders in Egypt on Halloween night?
7. What happens to Elizabeth's parakeet, Petey?
8. Where is Security found?
9. What is the inspiration for the Oracle ceremony?
10. Why are the Egyptians unable to return to their game during Christmas break?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the friendship between April and Melanie. Consider its limitations as well as its history and future possibilities. Include examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the author's treatment of the Professor. How is he presented, and what is his role in the novel? Cite examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of abandonment through the situations and experiences of each of the following:
b. The Professor
Use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)