|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question remains after Marshall finds Security?
2. Why does everyone think something strange is going on in Egypt?
3. What is Toby's reaction to the Egypt Game?
4. What do April and Melanie think will happen with the boys' involvement in the Egypt Game?
5. How do the Egyptians prepare for the Ceremony of Returning to the Oracle for the Answer?
Essay Topic 1
What role does the theme of violence have and how does this theme contribute to the meaning of the novel? Use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Why is the Egypt Game so appealing to the children in the story? Would the Egypt Game be of interest to most children? Why? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the friendship between April and Melanie. Consider its limitations as well as its history and future possibilities. Include examples from the book.
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)