|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does April find when she takes the piece of paper from Thoth's beak?
2. How do the Egyptians prepare for the Ceremony of Returning to the Oracle for the Answer?
3. Why does everyone think something strange is going on in Egypt?
4. Who is the second Egyptian to pose a question to Thoth?
5. What do the Egyptians name the owl's head now perched on Set's altar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does April learn about the Professor from Marshall?
2. What is the inspiration for the Oracle ceremony?
3. Where is Security found?
4. Why are the Egyptians unable to return to their game during Christmas break?
5. Why do April and Marshall go to Egypt at night?
6. How does Marshal describe the man who hurt April?
7. What is April's solution to the intruder situation in Egypt?
8. What do the Egyptians find when they return to Egypt to learn whether the Oracle has spoken?
9. What secret does Toby reveal to April and Melanie?
10. Why does Toby want to finish the hieroglyphic alphabet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how irony is used by the author. How effective is the use of irony in The Egypt Game? Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Why is the Egypt Game so appealing to the children in the story? Would the Egypt Game be of interest to most children? Why? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
If April's father were still alive, how might the following people be different?
Use specific answer from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)