|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Egyptians do after the first intruder lands in the storage yard?
2. What is Petey's Egyptian name?
3. What is Toby's reaction to being in Egypt after the children are permitted outside again?
4. Why do Marshall and April go to Egypt at night?
5. Who presides over the Oracle of Thoth ceremony?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how irony is used by the author. How effective is the use of irony in The Egypt Game? Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the relationship between the Professor and the children. How does this relationship change throughout the book? What are the causes of the developments in this relationship? Cite examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the friendship between April and Melanie. Consider its limitations as well as its history and future possibilities. Include examples from the book.
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)