|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does April do when she visits the Professor at his store during Christmas break?
2. Why does everyone think something strange is going on in Egypt?
3. Why is Security missing?
4. Why does Toby want to finish the hieroglyph alphabet?
5. What does Marshall tell the police that the Professor did that night when he and April left Egypt?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the older Egyptians want to stop playing the Egypt Game?
2. How does Marshal describe the man who hurt April?
3. What news does April receive in a letter from her mother after Halloween?
4. Where is Security found?
5. Why are the Egyptians unable to return to their game during Christmas break?
6. How did Security become lost?
7. What happens when April and Marshall leave Egypt after visiting there at night?
8. Describe the Ceremony of the Dead.
9. What are April and Melanie's thoughts about Ken and Toby's interest in the Egypt Game?
10. What does April learn about the Professor from Marshall?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is the Egypt Game so appealing to the children in the story? Would the Egypt Game be of interest to most children? Why? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
In The Egypt Game, how is prejudice shown against those who are different? How are these situations eventually resolved? Use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the relationship between the Professor and the children. How does this relationship change throughout the book? What are the causes of the developments in this relationship? Cite examples from the book.
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)