|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question remains after Marshall finds Security?
2. What is Elizabeth's solution regarding what to do with the intruders?
3. What happens to Marshall following the attack on April?
4. Who is not worried whether Security will be found?
5. How is Toby able to come and go easily from home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is April's solution to the intruder situation in Egypt?
2. What is the Oracle of Thoth?
3. What is the inspiration for the Oracle ceremony?
4. What do the Egyptians find when they return to Egypt to learn whether the Oracle has spoken?
5. How does April respond to her mother's invitation to join her in Palm Springs during Christmas break?
6. What secret does Toby reveal to April and Melanie?
7. How did Security become lost?
8. What news does April receive in a letter from her mother after Halloween?
9. Why do the older Egyptians want to stop playing the Egypt Game?
10. Where is Security found?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
a. In what ways does The Egypt Game reflect the kinds of social and family structure changes that took place in the United States during the 1960s?
b. Compare and contrast the sixth graders in The Egypt Game to sixth graders today. Has anything changed in the past forty years?
Cite examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
In The Egypt Game, how is prejudice shown against those who are different? How are these situations eventually resolved? Use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
If April's father were still alive, how might the following people be different?
Use specific answer from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)