|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ken and Toby ask April and Melanie after they learn about the Egypt Game?
2. What do the intruders think about their intrusion?
3. What is Toby's reaction to being in Egypt after the children are permitted outside again?
4. Why does Toby get in trouble on Halloween night?
5. Who works at the Professor's store around the time of Christmas break?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the friendship between April and Melanie. Consider its limitations as well as its history and future possibilities. Include examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
How can children from such different backgrounds become such good friends? What do the Egyptians learn from each other? How do their relationships change the way they see themselves? Use examples from the book in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
If April's father were still alive, how might the following people be different?
Use specific answer from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)