|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Oracle of Thoth work?
2. Why are the Egyptians unable to return to their game during Christmas break?
3. Why does everyone think something strange is going on in Egypt?
4. What is Toby's reaction to being in Egypt after the children are permitted outside again?
5. What does Marshall notice while the others are performing the Ceremony of the Dead?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marshal describe the man who hurt April?
2. Why do the older Egyptians want to stop playing the Egypt Game?
3. What is the story the Egyptians develop for the demise of Elizabeth's parakeet, Petey?
4. Why did the Egyptians have to leave Egypt immediately when it is April's turn to pose a question?
5. Who are the intruders in Egypt on Halloween night?
6. What secret does Toby reveal to April and Melanie?
7. Why are the Egyptians unable to return to their game during Christmas break?
8. Why do April and Marshall go to Egypt at night?
9. What does April learn about the Professor from Marshall?
10. What is the inspiration for the Oracle ceremony?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the connection between the children's love for Egyptian artifacts and the Professor's fascination for artifacts? How does this interest in ancient artifacts create a common bond between them? Use specific references from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of April and Melanie. How are they different on the outside but the same on the inside? Use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
How can children from such different backgrounds become such good friends? What do the Egyptians learn from each other? How do their relationships change the way they see themselves? Use examples from the book in your answer.
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)