|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when April and Marshall leave Egypt after visiting at night?
2. What do April and Melanie think will happen with the boys' involvement in the Egypt Game?
3. What is Toby's reaction to the Egypt Game?
4. What do the Egyptians do after the Oracle of Thoth is performed?
5. What happens when neighbors open their windows while April and Marshall are leaving Egypt at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Egyptians have to leave Egypt immediately when it is April's turn to pose a question?
2. Describe the Ceremony of the Dead.
3. What is the story the Egyptians develop for the demise of Elizabeth's parakeet, Petey?
4. What is the inspiration for the Oracle ceremony?
5. Who are the intruders in Egypt on Halloween night?
6. What do the Egyptians find when they return to Egypt to learn whether the Oracle has spoken?
7. What is the Oracle of Thoth?
8. How did Security become lost?
9. What happens to Elizabeth's parakeet, Petey?
10. Why does Toby want to finish the hieroglyphic alphabet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does the theme of violence have and how does this theme contribute to the meaning of the novel? Use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of April and Melanie. How are they different on the outside but the same on the inside? Use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
How does the Egypt Game provide a sense of community? What is the thread that ties this community together? Cite specific examples from the book.
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)