|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ken's reaction to the Egypt Game?
2. Why is April babysitting Marshall?
3. What is Petey's Egyptian name?
4. What question remains after Marshall finds Security?
5. What news does April receive in a letter from her mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do April and Marshall go to Egypt at night?
2. What happens to Elizabeth's parakeet, Petey?
3. What are April and Melanie's thoughts about Ken and Toby's interest in the Egypt Game?
4. Describe the Ceremony of the Dead.
5. Why did the Egyptians have to leave Egypt immediately when it is April's turn to pose a question?
6. What happens when April and Marshall leave Egypt after visiting there at night?
7. Why do the older Egyptians want to stop playing the Egypt Game?
8. How does April respond to her mother's invitation to join her in Palm Springs during Christmas break?
9. How does Marshal describe the man who hurt April?
10. What is the Oracle of Thoth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters of April and Melanie. How are they different on the outside but the same on the inside? Use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
How has April changed from the beginning of the book to the end of the book? What events or experiences brought about those changes? Cite examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the connection between the children's love for Egyptian artifacts and the Professor's fascination for artifacts? How does this interest in ancient artifacts create a common bond between them? Use specific references from the book.
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)