|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes April and Melanie's shared passion?
2. What do the children use for altars?
3. What other interest do April and Melanie share?
4. What suggestion is given to April and Melanie after the new family moves in?
5. What is Marshall's name in the Egypt Game?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads the children to believe the Professor is not watching them play the Egypt Game?
2. Who moves into Casa Rosada after school begins?
3. What does April do while everyone is waiting outside of Egypt on Halloween night?
4. What arrangements does Caroline make when April first comes to town?
5. What saves Halloween from being canceled?
6. What event happens in the neighborhood that puts a temporary halt to the Egypt Game?
7. How does April fare at Wilson School?
8. What do the Egyptians plan on doing Halloween night?
9. What do April and Melanie think about the parents' suggestion about the new family?
10. What do the Egyptians decide they should do in order to appease the gods after their long absence?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the relationship between the Professor and the children. How does this relationship change throughout the book? What are the causes of the developments in this relationship? Cite examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Melanie, Marshall, and Ken are the only characters in the novel who live in a traditional family. In what ways do the characters playing the Egypt Game become an extended family for the children? Discuss the concept of family and Snyder's presentation of the American family. What does it consist of? Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
If April's father were still alive, how might the following people be different?
Use specific answer from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)