|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does April meet Melanie and Marshall?
2. What does Melanie reveal about herself during April's first visit?
3. What happens during the ceremony the Egyptians perform after their long absence?
4. What is NOT found in the structure where the children play the Egypt Game?
5. Where do the children play the Egypt Game?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when April first meets the Professor?
2. What is the sign to break away from the trick-or-treating group in order to sneak off to Egypt at night?
3. From where does the Professor watch the children play the Egypt Game?
4. Why does Melanie visit April the night before school starts?
5. What do April and Melanie make to accompany the bust of Nefertiti?
6. What saves Halloween from being canceled?
7. What do the Egyptians decide they should do in order to appease the gods after their long absence?
8. What does Melanie find that begins the Egypt Game?
9. What do the children see after they perform their ceremony after their long absence?
10. What do the Egyptians do while they are on a hiatus from the Egypt Game as a result of a neighborhood event?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how irony is used by the author. How effective is the use of irony in The Egypt Game? Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
In the chapter, Prisoners of Fear, it states "Elizabeth turned out to be just what the Egypt Game needed to make it perfect." Please explain this comment using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the tension between the innocence of the children playing their game and the real-world events that occur in the story. Use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)