|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the children use for altars?
2. What helps April and Melanie change their mind regarding their decision about the new family?
3. What is NOT an activity in Egypt?
4. What do the children do before leaving Egypt on the first day of the game?
5. Whom does April come to live with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What event happens in the neighborhood that puts a temporary halt to the Egypt Game?
2. What do the parents suggest to April and Melanie after the new family moves in?
3. What is Melanie's concern about April before school begins?
4. How do April and Melanie spend their days together before school begins?
5. What do April and Melanie think about the parents' suggestion about the new family?
6. What do April, Melanie and Marshall find inside the lean-to at the outset of the Egypt game?
7. What do April and Melanie make to accompany the bust of Nefertiti?
8. What is Melanie's initial impression of April?
9. What does April explore when she first moves to town?
10. What does Melanie find that begins the Egypt Game?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the author's treatment of the Professor. How is he presented, and what is his role in the novel? Cite examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the friendship between April and Melanie. Consider its limitations as well as its history and future possibilities. Include examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the ways innocence is defined, discussed, and violated in The Egypt Game. How does each character's development relate to whether, and how, they might be innocent or have lost innocence? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)