|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the most interested in visiting Egypt on Halloween night?
2. From where does the Professor watch the children play the Egypt Game?
3. What do Melanie and Elizabeth do that is counter to their initial decision regarding the new family?
4. What event happens in the neighborhood that places a temporary halt to the Egypt Game?
5. What does Melanie bring to April's house the night before school begins?
Short Essay Questions
1. What saves Halloween from being canceled?
2. How does April fare at Wilson School?
3. Who are the intruders in Egypt on Halloween night?
4. From where does the Professor watch the children play the Egypt Game?
5. What were April's living arrangements before she moved to town?
6. What is Melanie's concern about April before school begins?
7. What does April explore when she first moves to town?
8. What admission does the Professor make to the Egyptians?
9. What does Melanie do to April before school begins?
10. What do the children see after they perform their ceremony after their long absence?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how irony is used by the author. How effective is the use of irony in The Egypt Game? Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the tension between the innocence of the children playing their game and the real-world events that occur in the story. Use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
In The Egypt Game, how is prejudice shown against those who are different? How are these situations eventually resolved? Use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 1,223 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)