|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is April and Melanie's friendship based on?
2. Where did April get the name with which she introduces herself to Melanie?
3. What is a sign that April is adjusting at Wilson School?
4. What do the children use for altars?
5. What is an old mixing bowl used for in the Egypt Game?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Professor give the Egyptians for Christmas?
2. How does April respond to her mother's invitation to join her in Palm Springs during Christmas break?
3. Why are the children afraid of the Professor?
4. What happens to Elizabeth's parakeet, Petey?
5. How does April dress for her first meeting with Melanie?
6. Why does Toby want to finish the hieroglyphic alphabet?
7. What is the sign to break away from the trick-or-treating group in order to sneak off to Egypt at night?
8. Why are the Egyptians unable to return to their game during Christmas break?
9. What is Melanie's concern about April before school begins?
10. Whom do April and Melanie think Elizabeth looks like?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the relationship between the Professor and the children. How does this relationship change throughout the book? What are the causes of the developments in this relationship? Cite examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the connection between the children's love for Egyptian artifacts and the Professor's fascination for artifacts? How does this interest in ancient artifacts create a common bond between them? Use specific references from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the ways innocence is defined, discussed, and violated in The Egypt Game. How does each character's development relate to whether, and how, they might be innocent or have lost innocence? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 1,277 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)