|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is April dressed when she meets Melanie?
2. What item in Egypt is used to help the Egyptians decide what to do after their long absence?
3. What do April and Melanie find on their way to school?
4. What is the situation with the male head of household in the new family in Casa Rosada?
5. How do the Egyptians begin recording their rites and ceremonies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What arrangements does Caroline make when April first comes to town?
2. What saves Halloween from being canceled?
3. What do the children do in preparation to play the Egypt Game?
4. What do April and Melanie make to accompany the bust of Nefertiti?
5. Whom do April and Melanie think Elizabeth looks like?
6. What extra supplies do the Egyptians add to the temple?
7. What leads the children to believe the Professor is not watching them play the Egypt Game?
8. What does Melanie do to April before school begins?
9. What is the sign to break away from the trick-or-treating group in order to sneak off to Egypt at night?
10. What event happens in the neighborhood that puts a temporary halt to the Egypt Game?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the chapter, Prisoners of Fear, it states "Elizabeth turned out to be just what the Egypt Game needed to make it perfect." Please explain this comment using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
How does the Egypt Game provide a sense of community? What is the thread that ties this community together? Cite specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the ways innocence is defined, discussed, and violated in The Egypt Game. How does each character's development relate to whether, and how, they might be innocent or have lost innocence? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)