|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the location for playing the Egypt Game?
2. Why does Melanie go home when visiting April the night before school begins?
3. What is April and Melanie's friendship based on?
4. What do the children use for altars?
5. What is one of the first things April does after she arrives in the new neighborhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does April fare at Wilson School?
2. What do the Egyptians do while they are on a hiatus from the Egypt Game as a result of a neighborhood event?
3. What does April explore when she first moves to town?
4. What brings April and Melanie together as friends?
5. What does April do while everyone is waiting outside of Egypt on Halloween night?
6. What is Melanie's concern about April before school begins?
7. How do April and Melanie spend their days together before school begins?
8. What is Melanie's initial impression of April?
9. What arrangements does Caroline make when April first comes to town?
10. What does Melanie do to April before school begins?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the chapter, Prisoners of Fear, it states "Elizabeth turned out to be just what the Egypt Game needed to make it perfect." Please explain this comment using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how irony is used by the author. How effective is the use of irony in The Egypt Game? Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
How does the Egypt Game provide a sense of community? What is the thread that ties this community together? Cite specific examples from the book.
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)