|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Melanie visit April the night before school begins?
2. What do the Egyptians decide to do while they are on hiatus from the Egypt Game?
3. What is the location for playing the Egypt Game?
4. What do the Egyptians do when they return to Egypt at night?
5. Where do the four Egyptians join a larger trick-or-treating group on Halloween night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What brings April and Melanie together as friends?
2. How did the crocodile stone come to be?
3. Why are the children afraid of the Professor?
4. What arrangements does Caroline make when April first comes to town?
5. What do April, Melanie and Marshall find inside the lean-to at the outset of the Egypt game?
6. What happens when April first meets the Professor?
7. Who is the Professor?
8. Why does Melanie visit April the night before school starts?
9. Who moves into Casa Rosada after school begins?
10. What does April tell Melanie her name is?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the friendship between April and Melanie. Consider its limitations as well as its history and future possibilities. Include examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the ways innocence is defined, discussed, and violated in The Egypt Game. How does each character's development relate to whether, and how, they might be innocent or have lost innocence? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Why was a sense of belonging significant to the characters in The Egypt Game? Would these characters have a sense of belonging if it were not for the Egypt Game?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)