|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did April get the name with which she introduces herself to Melanie?
2. What do the Egyptians decide to do while they are on hiatus from the Egypt Game?
3. What does April discuss with the Professor on her first visit to his shop?
4. What is Marshall's name in the Egypt Game?
5. What idea is finally agreed upon by the Egyptians to set things right after their long absence?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does April explore when she first moves to town?
2. Whom do April and Melanie think Elizabeth looks like?
3. What extra supplies do the Egyptians add to the temple?
4. What do the Egyptians plan on doing Halloween night?
5. What leads the children to believe the Professor is not watching them play the Egypt Game?
6. What were April's living arrangements before she moved to town?
7. Why are the children afraid of the Professor?
8. What does April tell Melanie her name is?
9. What do the children do in preparation to play the Egypt Game?
10. What brings April and Melanie together as friends?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is the Egypt Game so appealing to the children in the story? Would the Egypt Game be of interest to most children? Why? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the relationship between the Professor and the children. How does this relationship change throughout the book? What are the causes of the developments in this relationship? Cite examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the ways innocence is defined, discussed, and violated in The Egypt Game. How does each character's development relate to whether, and how, they might be innocent or have lost innocence? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)