|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Egyptians give reverence to after their long absence from Egypt?
2. Whom does April and Melanie think Elizabeth looks like?
3. What is the Professor's response to what April tells him on her first visit to his shop?
4. What does the boy who plays the Egypt Game carry?
5. What is another issue for April and Melanie about the new family in Casa Rosada?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Melanie's concern about April before school begins?
2. What leads the children to believe the Professor is not watching them play the Egypt Game?
3. What do April and Melanie think about the parents' suggestion about the new family?
4. How does April dress for her first meeting with Melanie?
5. Who moves into Casa Rosada after school begins?
6. How did the crocodile stone come to be?
7. Why does Melanie visit April the night before school starts?
8. What does Melanie find that begins the Egypt Game?
9. What does April do while everyone is waiting outside of Egypt on Halloween night?
10. What do the children do in preparation to play the Egypt Game?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is the Egypt Game so appealing to the children in the story? Would the Egypt Game be of interest to most children? Why? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How does the Egypt Game provide a sense of community? What is the thread that ties this community together? Cite specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the ways innocence is defined, discussed, and violated in The Egypt Game. How does each character's development relate to whether, and how, they might be innocent or have lost innocence? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)