|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event saves Halloween?
2. Where did April get the name with which she introduces herself to Melanie?
3. What is Marshall's name in the Egypt Game?
4. What item in Egypt is used to help the Egyptians decide what to do after their long absence?
5. What do the children call the lean-to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Egyptians do while they are on a hiatus from the Egypt Game as a result of a neighborhood event?
2. Why does Melanie visit April the night before school starts?
3. Who moves into Casa Rosada after school begins?
4. What is the first story April, Melanie and Marshall make up in the Egypt Game?
5. What does April explore when she first moves to town?
6. What extra supplies do the Egyptians add to the temple?
7. What do the Egyptians plan on doing Halloween night?
8. What saves Halloween from being canceled?
9. What event happens in the neighborhood that puts a temporary halt to the Egypt Game?
10. How did the crocodile stone come to be?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how irony is used by the author. How effective is the use of irony in The Egypt Game? Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the ways innocence is defined, discussed, and violated in The Egypt Game. How does each character's development relate to whether, and how, they might be innocent or have lost innocence? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
In The Egypt Game, how is prejudice shown against those who are different? How are these situations eventually resolved? Use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)