Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What suggestion is given to April and Melanie after the new family moves in?
2. What do April and Melanie decide to make to accompany the bust of Nefertiti?
3. What are the names of the girls who play the Egypt Game?
4. What does April look at when she first visits the Professor's curio shop?
5. What is Marshall's name in the Egypt Game?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Toby want to finish the hieroglyphic alphabet?
2. From where does the Professor watch the children play the Egypt Game?
3. Whom do April and Melanie think Elizabeth looks like?
4. What does Melanie find that begins the Egypt Game?
5. How do April and Melanie spend their days together before school begins?
6. What do April and Melanie think about the parents' suggestion about the new family?
7. What do the Egyptians do while they are on a hiatus from the Egypt Game as a result of a neighborhood event?
8. What do the children do in preparation to play the Egypt Game?
9. Where is Security found?
10. What brings April and Melanie together as friends?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of abandonment through the situations and experiences of each of the following:
b. The Professor
Use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
How has April changed from the beginning of the book to the end of the book? What events or experiences brought about those changes? Cite examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
How does the Egypt Game provide a sense of community? What is the thread that ties this community together? Cite specific examples from the book.
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)