|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does April and Melanie think Elizabeth looks like?
2. What part of Casa Rosada does the new family inhabit?
3. From where does the Professor watch the children play the Egypt Game?
4. What do April and Melanie decide regarding the new family?
5. What idea is finally agreed upon by the Egyptians to set things right after their long absence?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do April and Melanie spend their days together before school begins?
2. How did Security become lost?
3. What is the inspiration for the Oracle ceremony?
4. Why does Melanie visit April the night before school starts?
5. What does Melanie find that begins the Egypt Game?
6. Why are the children afraid of the Professor?
7. How does April fare at Wilson School?
8. What is Melanie's concern about April before school begins?
9. What happens when April first meets the Professor?
10. What do April and Melanie think about the parents' suggestion about the new family?
Essay Topic 1
How has April changed from the beginning of the book to the end of the book? What events or experiences brought about those changes? Cite examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of abandonment through the situations and experiences of each of the following:
b. The Professor
Use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Melanie, Marshall, and Ken are the only characters in the novel who live in a traditional family. In what ways do the characters playing the Egypt Game become an extended family for the children? Discuss the concept of family and Snyder's presentation of the American family. What does it consist of? Use examples from the book.
This section contains 1,251 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)