|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the first things April does after she arrives in the new neighborhood?
2. Where is the Professor's shop in relation to where April is staying?
3. What do the children do in preparation to play the Egypt Game?
4. What do the Egyptians give reverence to after their long absence from Egypt?
5. What do the children call the lean-to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What extra supplies do the Egyptians add to the temple?
2. How does April dress for her first meeting with Melanie?
3. What is the sign to break away from the trick-or-treating group in order to sneak off to Egypt at night?
4. What does April do while everyone is waiting outside of Egypt on Halloween night?
5. What do the parents suggest to April and Melanie after the new family moves in?
6. What brings April and Melanie together as friends?
7. What were April's living arrangements before she moved to town?
8. What do April, Melanie and Marshall find inside the lean-to at the outset of the Egypt game?
9. Why does Melanie visit April the night before school starts?
10. What does Melanie find that begins the Egypt Game?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the friendship between April and Melanie. Consider its limitations as well as its history and future possibilities. Include examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the tension between the innocence of the children playing their game and the real-world events that occur in the story. Use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
In The Egypt Game, how is prejudice shown against those who are different? How are these situations eventually resolved? Use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)