|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What material do April and Melanie use to make their accompaniment to the Nefertiti bust?
2. What other interest do April and Melanie share?
3. What does the chapter, Enter Melanie--And Marshall, reveal to readers?
4. What does the Professor do while April is in his shop?
5. What does Melanie reveal about herself during April's first visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What arrangements does Caroline make when April first comes to town?
2. What is Melanie's concern about April before school begins?
3. What do April, Melanie and Marshall find inside the lean-to at the outset of the Egypt game?
4. What does Melanie do to April before school begins?
5. How did the crocodile stone come to be?
6. What do the Egyptians do while they are on a hiatus from the Egypt Game as a result of a neighborhood event?
7. What leads the children to believe the Professor is not watching them play the Egypt Game?
8. What do April and Melanie make to accompany the bust of Nefertiti?
9. What is the first story April, Melanie and Marshall make up in the Egypt Game?
10. What does Melanie find that begins the Egypt Game?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How can children from such different backgrounds become such good friends? What do the Egyptians learn from each other? How do their relationships change the way they see themselves? Use examples from the book in your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the author's treatment of the Professor. How is he presented, and what is his role in the novel? Cite examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
If April's father were still alive, how might the following people be different?
Use specific answer from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)