|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What suggestion is given to April and Melanie after the new family moves in?
2. What do April and Melanie decide to make to accompany the bust of Nefertiti?
3. What are the names of the girls who play the Egypt Game?
4. What does April look at when she first visits the Professor's curio shop?
5. What is Marshall's name in the Egypt Game?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Toby want to finish the hieroglyphic alphabet?
2. From where does the Professor watch the children play the Egypt Game?
3. Whom do April and Melanie think Elizabeth looks like?
4. What does Melanie find that begins the Egypt Game?
5. How do April and Melanie spend their days together before school begins?
6. What do April and Melanie think about the parents' suggestion about the new family?
7. What do the Egyptians do while they are on a hiatus from the Egypt Game as a result of a neighborhood event?
8. What do the children do in preparation to play the Egypt Game?
9. Where is Security found?
10. What brings April and Melanie together as friends?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the relationship between the Professor and the children. How does this relationship change throughout the book? What are the causes of the developments in this relationship? Cite examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how irony is used by the author. How effective is the use of irony in The Egypt Game? Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Why was a sense of belonging significant to the characters in The Egypt Game? Would these characters have a sense of belonging if it were not for the Egypt Game?
This section contains 1,245 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)