|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the "artifact" placed in the area where the Egypt Game is played?
2. What is NOT an activity in Egypt?
3. What does April find in Melanie's room during their first encounter?
4. From where does the Professor watch the children play the Egypt Game?
5. What do the children do before leaving Egypt on the first day of the game?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does April tell Melanie her name is?
2. What do April and Melanie make to accompany the bust of Nefertiti?
3. What do the children see after they perform their ceremony after their long absence?
4. How did the crocodile stone come to be?
5. How do April and Melanie spend their days together before school begins?
6. What event happens in the neighborhood that puts a temporary halt to the Egypt Game?
7. What do the Egyptians plan on doing Halloween night?
8. How does April dress for her first meeting with Melanie?
9. What does April explore when she first moves to town?
10. What happens when April first meets the Professor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does the theme of violence have and how does this theme contribute to the meaning of the novel? Use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
How can children from such different backgrounds become such good friends? What do the Egyptians learn from each other? How do their relationships change the way they see themselves? Use examples from the book in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Why is the Egypt Game so appealing to the children in the story? Would the Egypt Game be of interest to most children? Why? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)