|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does April do while the others are waiting outside of Egypt on their night-time visit?
2. What event happens in the neighborhood that places a temporary halt to the Egypt Game?
3. Who is concerned about the plan for Halloween night?
4. What does the lean-to rest on?
5. Where did April get the name with which she introduces herself to Melanie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Professor give the Egyptians for Christmas?
2. What does Melanie do to April before school begins?
3. Why are the Egyptians unable to return to their game during Christmas break?
4. Who are the intruders in Egypt on Halloween night?
5. What is the Oracle of Thoth?
6. What is the sign to break away from the trick-or-treating group in order to sneak off to Egypt at night?
7. What do the Egyptians decide they should do in order to appease the gods after their long absence?
8. What news does April receive in a letter from her mother after Halloween?
9. How does April fare at Wilson School?
10. Why does Toby want to finish the hieroglyphic alphabet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the chapter, Prisoners of Fear, it states "Elizabeth turned out to be just what the Egypt Game needed to make it perfect." Please explain this comment using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the connection between the children's love for Egyptian artifacts and the Professor's fascination for artifacts? How does this interest in ancient artifacts create a common bond between them? Use specific references from the book.
Essay Topic 3
How can children from such different backgrounds become such good friends? What do the Egyptians learn from each other? How do their relationships change the way they see themselves? Use examples from the book in your answer.
This section contains 1,281 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)