|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Melanie bring to April's house the night before school begins?
2. What is April and Melanie's friendship based on?
3. What becomes April and Melanie's shared passion?
4. What is the situation with the male head of household in the new family in Casa Rosada?
5. What does the boy who plays the Egypt Game carry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were April's living arrangements before she moved to town?
2. What do the Egyptians plan on doing Halloween night?
3. Why does Melanie visit April the night before school starts?
4. What does Melanie do to April before school begins?
5. Who moves into Casa Rosada after school begins?
6. What do the Egyptians decide they should do in order to appease the gods after their long absence?
7. What does Melanie find that begins the Egypt Game?
8. How did the crocodile stone come to be?
9. Whom do April and Melanie think Elizabeth looks like?
10. What is Melanie's initial impression of April?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of abandonment through the situations and experiences of each of the following:
b. The Professor
Use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
In the chapter, Prisoners of Fear, it states "Elizabeth turned out to be just what the Egypt Game needed to make it perfect." Please explain this comment using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Melanie, Marshall, and Ken are the only characters in the novel who live in a traditional family. In what ways do the characters playing the Egypt Game become an extended family for the children? Discuss the concept of family and Snyder's presentation of the American family. What does it consist of? Use examples from the book.
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)