|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Melanie go home when visiting April the night before school begins?
2. How many children are there in the new family in Casa Rosada?
3. What do the Egyptians decide to do while they are on hiatus from the Egypt Game?
4. What is one of the first things April does after she arrives in the new neighborhood?
5. Whom does April and Melanie think Elizabeth looks like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when April first meets the Professor?
2. What does Melanie find that begins the Egypt Game?
3. How does April fare at Wilson School?
4. How did the crocodile stone come to be?
5. What is Melanie's initial impression of April?
6. What do the children do in preparation to play the Egypt Game?
7. Who moves into Casa Rosada after school begins?
8. What arrangements does Caroline make when April first comes to town?
9. What does April do while everyone is waiting outside of Egypt on Halloween night?
10. What does Melanie do to April before school begins?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How has April changed from the beginning of the book to the end of the book? What events or experiences brought about those changes? Cite examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
How does the Egypt Game provide a sense of community? What is the thread that ties this community together? Cite specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the author's treatment of the Professor. How is he presented, and what is his role in the novel? Cite examples from the book.
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)