|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another issue for April and Melanie about the new family in Casa Rosada?
2. What does April discuss with the Professor on her first visit to his shop?
3. What does Melanie find in the location where the Egypt Game will be played?
4. Who are the first children that April meets?
5. What does April do while the others are waiting outside of Egypt on their night-time visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What extra supplies do the Egyptians add to the temple?
2. Why does Melanie visit April the night before school starts?
3. What does Melanie find that begins the Egypt Game?
4. What does April tell Melanie her name is?
5. What do the children do in preparation to play the Egypt Game?
6. Who is the Professor?
7. What does April do while everyone is waiting outside of Egypt on Halloween night?
8. What do the Egyptians decide they should do in order to appease the gods after their long absence?
9. What does Melanie do to April before school begins?
10. What is Melanie's concern about April before school begins?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In The Egypt Game, how is prejudice shown against those who are different? How are these situations eventually resolved? Use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Why is the Egypt Game so appealing to the children in the story? Would the Egypt Game be of interest to most children? Why? Use specific examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What role does the theme of violence have and how does this theme contribute to the meaning of the novel? Use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)