|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Professor's response to what April tells him on her first visit to his shop?
2. What do April and Melanie eventually devise to record their rites and ceremonies?
3. What does April tell Melanie her name is when she meets her?
4. How do the Egyptians know when to act on their plan?
5. What does Melanie find in the location where the Egypt Game will be played?
Short Essay Questions
1. What saves Halloween from being canceled?
2. What do the parents suggest to April and Melanie after the new family moves in?
3. What do the Egyptians decide they should do in order to appease the gods after their long absence?
4. What does April do while everyone is waiting outside of Egypt on Halloween night?
5. Whom do April and Melanie think Elizabeth looks like?
6. What is Melanie's concern about April before school begins?
7. What is the first story April, Melanie and Marshall make up in the Egypt Game?
8. What do the children see after they perform their ceremony after their long absence?
9. What do April, Melanie and Marshall find inside the lean-to at the outset of the Egypt game?
10. Who moves into Casa Rosada after school begins?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why was a sense of belonging significant to the characters in The Egypt Game? Would these characters have a sense of belonging if it were not for the Egypt Game?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the friendship between April and Melanie. Consider its limitations as well as its history and future possibilities. Include examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
How does the Egypt Game provide a sense of community? What is the thread that ties this community together? Cite specific examples from the book.
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)