|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marshall do when the police officers ask him questions about the attack on April?
(a) He starts to cry.
(b) The session exceeds his attention span and he gets fidgety.
(c) He answers the questions.
(d) He asks questions but does not answer theirs.
2. Who is the second Egyptian to pose a question to Thoth?
3. Why do the Egyptians have to leave Egypt immediately after the second Ceremony of Presenting the Question to the Oracle?
(a) They see a shadow lurking in the distance.
(b) They hear a strange noise.
(c) There is a thunderstorm.
(d) They hear Mrs. Ross calling.
4. What does April receive from her mother around Christmas time?
(a) A card inviting April to spend part of her vacation with her in Palm Springs.
(b) A letter inviting April to return to live with her.
(c) A post card telling April she is having a wonderful vacation in Mexico.
(d) A letter explaining that April will never be able to live with her again.
5. Who is not worried whether Security will be found?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Elizabeth's pet parakeet, Petey?
2. How does the Oracle of Thoth work?
3. What is the inspiration for the Oracle ceremony?
4. What do Ken and Toby bring to Egypt after the children are permitted outside again?
5. What do the Egyptians give themselves for the purpose of writing notes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Oracle of Thoth?
2. What are April and Melanie's thoughts about Ken and Toby's interest in the Egypt Game?
3. How does Marshal describe the man who hurt April?
4. What is the inspiration for the Oracle ceremony?
5. Who are the intruders in Egypt on Halloween night?
6. Why do the older Egyptians want to stop playing the Egypt Game?
7. How did Security become lost?
8. Describe the Ceremony of the Dead.
9. Why did the Egyptians have to leave Egypt immediately when it is April's turn to pose a question?
10. What do the Egyptians find when they return to Egypt to learn whether the Oracle has spoken?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)