|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Egyptians do after Marshall's question is answered?
(a) They try to unravel the mystery.
(b) They ask another question to see what happens.
(c) They accuse each other of writing the answer.
(d) They stop conducting ceremonies.
2. What happens to the man who hurts April?
(a) He is held in jail awaiting trial.
(b) He is released.
(c) He is sentenced to a facility for the criminally insane.
(d) He claims he is innocent ,and the judge assigns him community service.
3. How is Toby able to come and go easily from home?
(a) He always tells his parents he is at Ken's house.
(b) He sneaks out of the house while his parents are asleep.
(c) His parents are frequently gone in the evenings.
(d) He tells his parents he is checking in on his grandmother.
4. What news does April receive in a letter from her mother?
(a) She thinks April should be able to return to Hollywood soon.
(b) She is married, so April cannot come home.
(c) She is singing more now, in hopes of getting a recording career.
(d) She lands a part in a Hollywood movie.
5. What do Ken and Toby bring to Egypt after the children are permitted outside again?
(a) They bring scrolls they have been working on.
(b) They bring snacks for everyone.
(c) They bring a drawing of Ra for the altar.
(d) They bring supplies for Set's altar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does April think is responsible for the answer, when she takes the paper from Thoth's beak?
2. Who presides over the Oracle of Thoth ceremony?
3. What is the story the Egyptians create regarding the demise of Petey?
4. Where is Security found?
5. Who is the first participant in the Oracle of Thoth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the older Egyptians want to stop playing the Egypt Game?
2. How did Security become lost?
3. Why do April and Marshall go to Egypt at night?
4. What secret does Toby reveal to April and Melanie?
5. Describe the Ceremony of the Dead.
6. What happens to Elizabeth's parakeet, Petey?
7. What is the story the Egyptians develop for the demise of Elizabeth's parakeet, Petey?
8. Who are the intruders in Egypt on Halloween night?
9. What do the Egyptians find when they return to Egypt to learn whether the Oracle has spoken?
10. Why did the Egyptians have to leave Egypt immediately when it is April's turn to pose a question?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)