|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ken and Toby ask April and Melanie after they learn about the Egypt Game?
(a) They ask if they can create a new game together.
(b) They ask when the game will begin again.
(c) They ask if they can make objects for the temple.
(d) They ask if they can invite other kids to play.
2. In what temple will the Ceremony of the Dead be held?
(a) The temple of Akhet-Aten.
(b) The hypostyle hall.
(c) The Ka temple.
(d) The temple of Anubis.
3. What happens to the remains of Petey's body?
(a) It is placed on a homemade raft and set afloat in a creek.
(b) It is mummified.
(c) It is cremated.
(d) It is buried in a shoebox.
4. What happens to Elizabeth's pet parakeet, Petey?
(a) It gets sick and dies.
(b) It flies away.
(c) It is killed by a cat.
(d) It is sold to an old woman in the neighborhood.
5. What does Toby confide to April and Melanie?
(a) He has been writing the answers to the questions posed to the Oracle.
(b) He has been writing in the scrolls.
(c) He does not want to stop playing the Egypt Game because it is a refuge from his homelife.
(d) He goes to Egypt to perform ceremonies alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Professor give April when she visits him at his store during Christmas break?
2. How do the Egyptians prepare for the Ceremony of Returning to the Oracle for the Answer?
3. Who is the second Egyptian to pose a question to Thoth?
4. What does April receive from her mother around Christmas time?
5. What does Melanie suggest to Marshall about Security?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do April and Marshall go to Egypt at night?
2. Where is Security found?
3. Why are the Egyptians unable to return to their game during Christmas break?
4. Who are the intruders in Egypt on Halloween night?
5. What does April learn about the Professor from Marshall?
6. What is the inspiration for the Oracle ceremony?
7. What do the Egyptians find when they return to Egypt to learn whether the Oracle has spoken?
8. How does April respond to her mother's invitation to join her in Palm Springs during Christmas break?
9. What is the Oracle of Thoth?
10. Describe the Ceremony of the Dead.
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)