|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is April babysitting Marshall?
(a) Elizabeth is injured and in the emergency room at the hospital.
(b) Because his parents and Elizabeth are going to a concert.
(c) Because there was a death in the family.
(d) Elizabeth's parents are taking her somewhere special for her birthday.
2. What do the Egyptians do after the Oracle of Thoth is performed?
(a) They record the ceremony in the scrolls.
(b) They perform the closing ritual.
(c) They leave so the Oracle has time to anwer the question.
(d) The do Oracle of Thoth chants.
3. What is the story the Egyptians create regarding the demise of Petey?
(a) Petey had fallen in battle.
(b) Petey was poisoned by servants.
(c) Petey was killed by a rival Pharaoh.
(d) Petey was killed by his brother.
4. Why do the Egyptians have to leave Egypt immediately after the second Ceremony of Presenting the Question to the Oracle?
(a) They hear a strange noise.
(b) They hear Mrs. Ross calling.
(c) They see a shadow lurking in the distance.
(d) There is a thunderstorm.
5. What does Toby experience the last time he visits Egypt alone?
(a) He hears a spooky noise.
(b) He has an inspiration for a new ceremony.
(c) The sensation that there is someone in the alley behind him.
(d) An overwhelming feeling of loneliness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does April think is responsible for the answer, when she takes the paper from Thoth's beak?
2. What is Toby's reaction to being in Egypt after the children are permitted outside again?
3. What question remains after Marshall finds Security?
4. Who presides over the Oracle of Thoth ceremony?
5. What does Melanie suggest to Marshall about Security?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does April receive in a letter from her mother after Halloween?
2. What happens when April and Marshall leave Egypt after visiting there at night?
3. How does Marshal describe the man who hurt April?
4. Why did the Egyptians have to leave Egypt immediately when it is April's turn to pose a question?
5. What secret does Toby reveal to April and Melanie?
6. What are April and Melanie's thoughts about Ken and Toby's interest in the Egypt Game?
7. What is the Oracle of Thoth?
8. Where is Security found?
9. What is April's solution to the intruder situation in Egypt?
10. What happens to Elizabeth's parakeet, Petey?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)