|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Marshall following the attack on April?
(a) He becomes the neighborhood hero.
(b) He is featured in an article in a newspaper.
(c) The alley by Egypt is named after him.
(d) He is grounded.
2. In what temple will the Ceremony of the Dead be held?
(a) The hypostyle hall.
(b) The temple of Anubis.
(c) The Ka temple.
(d) The temple of Akhet-Aten.
3. What happens to the man who hurts April?
(a) He is sentenced to a facility for the criminally insane.
(b) He is held in jail awaiting trial.
(c) He is released.
(d) He claims he is innocent ,and the judge assigns him community service.
4. What does April do when she visits the Professor at his store during Christmas break?
(a) She thanks him.
(b) She reprimands him.
(c) She buys a teacup.
(d) She asks him to forgive her for saying negative things about him.
5. What does April receive from her mother around Christmas time?
(a) A card inviting April to spend part of her vacation with her in Palm Springs.
(b) A letter inviting April to return to live with her.
(c) A post card telling April she is having a wonderful vacation in Mexico.
(d) A letter explaining that April will never be able to live with her again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when April and Marshall leave Egypt after visiting at night?
2. What do the Egyptians do after the first intruder lands in the storage yard?
3. Who is selected to be the Oracle?
4. What is Ken's reaction to the Egypt Game?
5. What does the Professor give April when she visits him at his store during Christmas break?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Oracle of Thoth?
2. Why does Toby want to finish the hieroglyphic alphabet?
3. What is the inspiration for the Oracle ceremony?
4. What news does April receive in a letter from her mother after Halloween?
5. Why do the older Egyptians want to stop playing the Egypt Game?
6. Why did the Egyptians have to leave Egypt immediately when it is April's turn to pose a question?
7. How does April respond to her mother's invitation to join her in Palm Springs during Christmas break?
8. Where is Security found?
9. What happens to Elizabeth's parakeet, Petey?
10. What secret does Toby reveal to April and Melanie?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)