|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ken and Toby ask April and Melanie after they learn about the Egypt Game?
(a) They ask if they can create a new game together.
(b) They ask when the game will begin again.
(c) They ask if they can invite other kids to play.
(d) They ask if they can make objects for the temple.
2. Why does Toby want to finish the hieroglyph alphabet?
(a) It can be used for secret notes.
(b) So they can use it to record the events in Egypt.
(c) He hates to leave any task unfinished.
(d) So they can decorate the temple with the hieroglyphs.
3. What is Petey's Egyptian name?
(a) Prince Pete-herit.
(b) Prince Pete-ho-tep.
(c) Prince Ptah-haka.
(d) Prince Akhom-ho-tep.
4. What happens to Elizabeth's pet parakeet, Petey?
(a) It is sold to an old woman in the neighborhood.
(b) It gets sick and dies.
(c) It flies away.
(d) It is killed by a cat.
5. What do the Egyptians do after the Oracle of Thoth is performed?
(a) The do Oracle of Thoth chants.
(b) They leave so the Oracle has time to anwer the question.
(c) They record the ceremony in the scrolls.
(d) They perform the closing ritual.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Toby's reaction to being in Egypt after the children are permitted outside again?
2. What do Ken and Toby tell their basketball friends about why they have been absent from the game?
3. Who works at the Professor's store around the time of Christmas break?
4. Who is the first participant in the Oracle of Thoth?
5. What does Marshall tell the police that the Professor did that night when he and April left Egypt?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Toby want to finish the hieroglyphic alphabet?
2. Why do the older Egyptians want to stop playing the Egypt Game?
3. What does April learn about the Professor from Marshall?
4. How does Marshal describe the man who hurt April?
5. How does April respond to her mother's invitation to join her in Palm Springs during Christmas break?
6. How did Security become lost?
7. What are April and Melanie's thoughts about Ken and Toby's interest in the Egypt Game?
8. Describe the Ceremony of the Dead.
9. What happens when April and Marshall leave Egypt after visiting there at night?
10. Who are the intruders in Egypt on Halloween night?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)