|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Oracle of Thoth work?
(a) The Egyptians use Oracle bones to make soup.
(b) The priest or priestess pretends to fall into a trance and answer questions.
(c) There is a festival.
(d) Someone leaves a question to be answered in Thoth's beak.
2. Who presides over the Oracle of Thoth ceremony?
3. Why do Marshall and April go to Egypt at night?
(a) Marshall lost Security again.
(b) Because Marshall did not get to go to Egypt on Halloween night.
(c) To retrieve April's math book.
(d) To perform the Oracle of Thoth.
4. What happens to Elizabeth's pet parakeet, Petey?
(a) It is killed by a cat.
(b) It flies away.
(c) It is sold to an old woman in the neighborhood.
(d) It gets sick and dies.
5. What happens when neighbors open their windows while April and Marshall are leaving Egypt at night?
(a) Marshall cries even louder.
(b) April is released.
(c) April and Marshall run back to the apartment.
(d) They ask April and Marshall what they are doing in the alley at night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Security found?
2. What is Toby's reaction to being in Egypt after the children are permitted outside again?
3. What do the Egyptians do after the first intruder lands in the storage yard?
4. What is Ken's reaction to the Egypt Game?
5. Who performs the Ceremony of Returning to the Oracle for the Answer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What secret does Toby reveal to April and Melanie?
2. Who are the intruders in Egypt on Halloween night?
3. What is the inspiration for the Oracle ceremony?
4. What is the Oracle of Thoth?
5. What does April learn about the Professor from Marshall?
6. What are April and Melanie's thoughts about Ken and Toby's interest in the Egypt Game?
7. Why does Toby want to finish the hieroglyphic alphabet?
8. What news does April receive in a letter from her mother after Halloween?
9. Describe the Ceremony of the Dead.
10. What is the story the Egyptians develop for the demise of Elizabeth's parakeet, Petey?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)