|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the Egyptians unable to return to their game during Christmas break?
(a) There is a new lock on the gate.
(b) The temple has been dismantled.
(c) They are grounded.
(d) There is a new board on the fence and they cannot enter.
2. What question remains after Marshall finds Security?
(a) Who took Security?
(b) Who returned Security?
(c) How could Marshall lose Security?
(d) Who wrote the answer to Marshall's question?
3. Why does Toby want to finish the hieroglyph alphabet?
(a) So they can decorate the temple with the hieroglyphs.
(b) So they can use it to record the events in Egypt.
(c) He hates to leave any task unfinished.
(d) It can be used for secret notes.
4. In what temple will the Ceremony of the Dead be held?
(a) The temple of Akhet-Aten.
(b) The temple of Anubis.
(c) The Ka temple.
(d) The hypostyle hall.
5. Who is not worried whether Security will be found?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ken and Toby bring to Egypt after the children are permitted outside again?
2. Whom does April think is responsible for the answer, when she takes the paper from Thoth's beak?
3. What happens to Elizabeth's pet parakeet, Petey?
4. What is April's reaction to the intruders on Halloween night?
5. How does the Oracle of Thoth work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does April receive in a letter from her mother after Halloween?
2. Why did the Egyptians have to leave Egypt immediately when it is April's turn to pose a question?
3. How does April respond to her mother's invitation to join her in Palm Springs during Christmas break?
4. Describe the Ceremony of the Dead.
5. How did Security become lost?
6. Why do April and Marshall go to Egypt at night?
7. What is the Oracle of Thoth?
8. Why are the Egyptians unable to return to their game during Christmas break?
9. What is the inspiration for the Oracle ceremony?
10. Why does Toby want to finish the hieroglyphic alphabet?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)