|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Toby's reaction to being in Egypt after the children are permitted outside again?
(a) He is energized.
(b) He becomes bored.
(c) He is belligerent.
(d) He is overzealous.
2. What is Petey's Egyptian name?
(a) Prince Ptah-haka.
(b) Prince Pete-herit.
(c) Prince Akhom-ho-tep.
(d) Prince Pete-ho-tep.
3. Who is selected to be the Oracle?
4. Who is not worried whether Security will be found?
5. What does Marshall notice while the others are performing the Ceremony of the Dead?
(a) There is someone in the alley.
(b) There is a storm rolling in.
(c) The crocodile stone is missing.
(d) The Professor is watching them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first participant in the Oracle of Thoth?
2. What do Ken and Toby tell their basketball friends about why they have been absent from the game?
3. Why does everyone think something strange is going on in Egypt?
4. What do the Egyptians think they should do because strange things are occurring in Egypt?
5. What do the Egyptians do after the Oracle of Thoth is performed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Security become lost?
2. What happens to Elizabeth's parakeet, Petey?
3. What secret does Toby reveal to April and Melanie?
4. Why do April and Marshall go to Egypt at night?
5. What is the inspiration for the Oracle ceremony?
6. What is the story the Egyptians develop for the demise of Elizabeth's parakeet, Petey?
7. How does April respond to her mother's invitation to join her in Palm Springs during Christmas break?
8. What do the Egyptians find when they return to Egypt to learn whether the Oracle has spoken?
9. What does April learn about the Professor from Marshall?
10. What is April's solution to the intruder situation in Egypt?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)