|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ken and Toby bring to Egypt after the children are permitted outside again?
(a) They bring a drawing of Ra for the altar.
(b) They bring supplies for Set's altar.
(c) They bring scrolls they have been working on.
(d) They bring snacks for everyone.
2. What is Toby's reaction to being in Egypt after the children are permitted outside again?
(a) He becomes bored.
(b) He is overzealous.
(c) He is energized.
(d) He is belligerent.
3. What is the story the Egyptians create regarding the demise of Petey?
(a) Petey was poisoned by servants.
(b) Petey had fallen in battle.
(c) Petey was killed by a rival Pharaoh.
(d) Petey was killed by his brother.
4. What do the Egyptians decide that the procession should have?
(b) A palanquin for Petey.
(c) Flowers and palms.
(d) The release of doves.
5. What do the Egyptians name the owl's head now perched on Set's altar?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Egyptians have to leave Egypt immediately after the second Ceremony of Presenting the Question to the Oracle?
2. How is Toby able to come and go easily from home?
3. What is the inspiration for the Oracle ceremony?
4. What do Ken and Toby tell their basketball friends about why they have been absent from the game?
5. What does April hear while they are leaving Egypt at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Elizabeth's parakeet, Petey?
2. What are April and Melanie's thoughts about Ken and Toby's interest in the Egypt Game?
3. Describe the Ceremony of the Dead.
4. What is the Oracle of Thoth?
5. Why did the Egyptians have to leave Egypt immediately when it is April's turn to pose a question?
6. How did Security become lost?
7. Why does Toby want to finish the hieroglyphic alphabet?
8. What do the Egyptians find when they return to Egypt to learn whether the Oracle has spoken?
9. Who are the intruders in Egypt on Halloween night?
10. What news does April receive in a letter from her mother after Halloween?
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)