|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is April's reaction to the intruders on Halloween night?
(a) She cries.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She is speechless.
2. What does April decide after she receives the item from her mother around Christmas time?
(a) She declines to visit her mother.
(b) She plans to visit her mother.
(c) She decides to live with her mother after the end of the school year.
(d) She writes a letter to her mother explaining that she will continue to live with Caroline.
3. What do the Egyptians decide that the procession should have?
(a) A palanquin for Petey.
(b) Flowers and palms.
(d) The release of doves.
4. How do the Egyptians prepare for the Ceremony of Returning to the Oracle for the Answer?
(a) They have a sacrifice.
(b) Melanie writes a poem.
(c) They plan a procession.
(d) They wear costumes.
5. Whom does April think is responsible for the answer, when she takes the paper from Thoth's beak?
(a) A stranger.
(b) The Professor.
(c) One of their classmates.
(d) One of the other Egyptians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who insists that there should be no changes in the Egypt Game?
2. Who is the second Egyptian to pose a question to Thoth?
3. What does Toby confide to April and Melanie?
4. What do the Egyptians name the owl's head now perched on Set's altar?
5. Why are the Egyptians unable to return to their game during Christmas break?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Elizabeth's parakeet, Petey?
2. What are April and Melanie's thoughts about Ken and Toby's interest in the Egypt Game?
3. How did Security become lost?
4. What is the Oracle of Thoth?
5. Who are the intruders in Egypt on Halloween night?
6. What news does April receive in a letter from her mother after Halloween?
7. Why are the Egyptians unable to return to their game during Christmas break?
8. Why does Toby want to finish the hieroglyphic alphabet?
9. What do the Egyptians find when they return to Egypt to learn whether the Oracle has spoken?
10. Where is Security found?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)