|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does everyone think something strange is going on in Egypt?
(a) It appears that someone has been performing ceremonies while the Egyptians are not there.
(b) A few of the Egyptians mention seeing a shadow lurking on the outskirts of Egypt.
(c) Everything has been rearranged.
(d) Someone also answered April's question.
2. Why does Toby get in trouble on Halloween night?
(a) He lost his house keys.
(b) His costume is squashed.
(c) He returns home too late.
(d) He leaves the safety of the group.
3. Who insists that there should be no changes in the Egypt Game?
(a) April and Toby.
(b) April and Melanie.
(c) Elizabeth and Ken.
(d) Toby and Marshall.
4. What does the Professor give April when she visits him at his store during Christmas break?
(a) A book about Egypt.
(b) Two objects that belonged to his wife.
(c) A small replica of an Egyptian mummy.
(d) A figurine.
5. What is Toby's reaction to the Egypt Game?
(a) He is enthusiastic.
(b) He is indifferent.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He makes fun of the Egyptians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who performs the Ceremony of Returning to the Oracle for the Answer?
2. What does Marshall notice while the others are performing the Ceremony of the Dead?
3. Who presides over the Oracle of Thoth ceremony?
4. What do Ken and Toby tell their basketball friends about why they have been absent from the game?
5. How is Toby able to come and go easily from home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the older Egyptians want to stop playing the Egypt Game?
2. What does April learn about the Professor from Marshall?
3. What news does April receive in a letter from her mother after Halloween?
4. What is the Oracle of Thoth?
5. What is the story the Egyptians develop for the demise of Elizabeth's parakeet, Petey?
6. Why do April and Marshall go to Egypt at night?
7. What are April and Melanie's thoughts about Ken and Toby's interest in the Egypt Game?
8. What happens to Elizabeth's parakeet, Petey?
9. What is the inspiration for the Oracle ceremony?
10. What do the Egyptians find when they return to Egypt to learn whether the Oracle has spoken?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)