|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ken and Toby tell their basketball friends about why they have been absent from the game?
(a) They have an after-school job.
(b) They are working on an extra credit project for school.
(c) They have to help a neighbor after school.
(d) They have been grounded since Halloween.
2. What happens that allows Melanie and April to return to Egypt?
(a) The neighborhood begins to relax.
(b) The children promise never to go outside alone.
(c) A suspect is found.
(d) Caroline agrees to be a chaperone.
3. What does April decide after she receives the item from her mother around Christmas time?
(a) She plans to visit her mother.
(b) She writes a letter to her mother explaining that she will continue to live with Caroline.
(c) She decides to live with her mother after the end of the school year.
(d) She declines to visit her mother.
4. Why do Marshall and April go to Egypt at night?
(a) Because Marshall did not get to go to Egypt on Halloween night.
(b) To perform the Oracle of Thoth.
(c) Marshall lost Security again.
(d) To retrieve April's math book.
5. Who is not worried whether Security will be found?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the man who hurts April?
2. Why does Marshall apologize to April?
3. Why do the Egyptians have to leave Egypt immediately after the second Ceremony of Presenting the Question to the Oracle?
4. In what temple will the Ceremony of the Dead be held?
5. Who works at the Professor's store around the time of Christmas break?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are April and Melanie's thoughts about Ken and Toby's interest in the Egypt Game?
2. What does April learn about the Professor from Marshall?
3. What secret does Toby reveal to April and Melanie?
4. Who are the intruders in Egypt on Halloween night?
5. Why did the Egyptians have to leave Egypt immediately when it is April's turn to pose a question?
6. How does April respond to her mother's invitation to join her in Palm Springs during Christmas break?
7. What happens to Elizabeth's parakeet, Petey?
8. Why does Toby want to finish the hieroglyphic alphabet?
9. What is the Oracle of Thoth?
10. How did Security become lost?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)