|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens that allows Melanie and April to return to Egypt?
(a) A suspect is found.
(b) The neighborhood begins to relax.
(c) The children promise never to go outside alone.
(d) Caroline agrees to be a chaperone.
2. Why is Security missing?
(a) Marshall brought it to nursery school, and he left it there by accident.
(b) The Egyptians left in such a rush that everyone forgot about Security.
(c) Marshall gave it to Elizabeth, who forgot what she did with it.
(d) Marshall took a bus ride with his mother and left it on the bus.
3. Why is April babysitting Marshall?
(a) Elizabeth's parents are taking her somewhere special for her birthday.
(b) Because his parents and Elizabeth are going to a concert.
(c) Because there was a death in the family.
(d) Elizabeth is injured and in the emergency room at the hospital.
4. Why do the Egyptians have to leave Egypt immediately after the second Ceremony of Presenting the Question to the Oracle?
(a) There is a thunderstorm.
(b) They see a shadow lurking in the distance.
(c) They hear Mrs. Ross calling.
(d) They hear a strange noise.
5. What happens when neighbors open their windows while April and Marshall are leaving Egypt at night?
(a) April and Marshall run back to the apartment.
(b) April is released.
(c) Marshall cries even louder.
(d) They ask April and Marshall what they are doing in the alley at night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does April find when she takes the piece of paper from Thoth's beak?
2. What is Petey's Egyptian name?
3. What do April and Melanie think will happen with the boys' involvement in the Egypt Game?
4. Whom does Marshall tell April is the person who attacked her?
5. Who is the second Egyptian to pose a question to Thoth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when April and Marshall leave Egypt after visiting there at night?
2. What are April and Melanie's thoughts about Ken and Toby's interest in the Egypt Game?
3. Who are the intruders in Egypt on Halloween night?
4. What is April's solution to the intruder situation in Egypt?
5. Where is Security found?
6. Why did the Egyptians have to leave Egypt immediately when it is April's turn to pose a question?
7. What does April learn about the Professor from Marshall?
8. What secret does Toby reveal to April and Melanie?
9. Why does Toby want to finish the hieroglyphic alphabet?
10. What news does April receive in a letter from her mother after Halloween?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)