|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the Egyptians unable to return to their game during Christmas break?
(a) There is a new board on the fence and they cannot enter.
(b) There is a new lock on the gate.
(c) The temple has been dismantled.
(d) They are grounded.
2. What do the Egyptians decide that the procession should have?
(a) Flowers and palms.
(c) The release of doves.
(d) A palanquin for Petey.
3. What does the Professor give April when she visits him at his store during Christmas break?
(a) A small replica of an Egyptian mummy.
(b) A book about Egypt.
(c) Two objects that belonged to his wife.
(d) A figurine.
4. What do the Egyptians think they should do because strange things are occurring in Egypt?
(a) Quit playing the Egypt Game.
(b) Create a new game.
(c) Relocate Egypt.
(d) Have shifts of someone keeping a watch over Egypt.
5. How do the Egyptians prepare for the Ceremony of Returning to the Oracle for the Answer?
(a) They have a sacrifice.
(b) They plan a procession.
(c) Melanie writes a poem.
(d) They wear costumes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Elizabeth's solution regarding what to do with the intruders?
2. What do the Egyptians give themselves for the purpose of writing notes?
3. What do Ken and Toby tell their basketball friends about why they have been absent from the game?
4. Why does everyone think something strange is going on in Egypt?
5. Why is Security missing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Toby want to finish the hieroglyphic alphabet?
2. What do the Egyptians find when they return to Egypt to learn whether the Oracle has spoken?
3. How does Marshal describe the man who hurt April?
4. Where is Security found?
5. How did Security become lost?
6. What does April learn about the Professor from Marshall?
7. Why do April and Marshall go to Egypt at night?
8. What is April's solution to the intruder situation in Egypt?
9. What secret does Toby reveal to April and Melanie?
10. How does April respond to her mother's invitation to join her in Palm Springs during Christmas break?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)