|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often do April and Melanie see each other before school begins?
(b) Almost everyday.
(c) Several times.
(d) A few times a week.
2. What is April and Melanie's friendship based on?
(a) They are both girl scouts.
(b) They both love poetry.
(c) They are both socially isolated.
(d) They both have a great imagination.
3. What do Melanie and Elizabeth do that is counter to their initial decision regarding the new family?
(a) They invite Elizabeth to play the Egypt Game.
(b) They do more than what is asked of them.
(c) They help others in addition to the new family.
(d) They spend time with the new family.
4. What do April and Melanie do after April finds out what Melanie does with the pictures?
(a) They throw darts at them.
(b) They make up stories.
(c) They create artwork.
(d) They mark them up.
5. Whom do April and Melanie run into while trick-or-treating?
(a) Ken and Toby.
(b) Karl and Timmy.
(c) Keith and Tommy.
(d) Kevin and Tyler.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the girls who play the Egypt Game?
2. Why are the children afraid of the Professor?
3. What is the story of the first Egypt Game?
4. What do the Egyptians decide to do while they are on hiatus from the Egypt Game?
5. What happens while April is playing with Melanie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do April and Melanie make to accompany the bust of Nefertiti?
2. What do the parents suggest to April and Melanie after the new family moves in?
3. How do April and Melanie spend their days together before school begins?
4. Why are the children afraid of the Professor?
5. What does Melanie find that begins the Egypt Game?
6. What do the Egyptians plan on doing Halloween night?
7. What do the children see after they perform their ceremony after their long absence?
8. What does April tell Melanie her name is?
9. What do the Egyptians decide they should do in order to appease the gods after their long absence?
10. What is the sign to break away from the trick-or-treating group in order to sneak off to Egypt at night?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)