|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the first children that April meets?
(a) Elizabeth and Dorothea.
(b) Melissa and Amy.
(c) Toby and Ken.
(d) Melanie and Marshall.
2. What is NOT found in the structure where the children play the Egypt Game?
(a) A bust of Nefertiti.
(b) A statue of Diana.
(c) A chest.
(d) A bird bath.
3. When does the Egypt Game begin?
(a) Before winter.
(b) After school begins.
(c) Right before school begins.
(d) In the summer.
4. What is the female head of household looking for?
(a) A babysitter.
(b) Someone to move a cabinet.
(c) A reliable car.
(d) A job.
5. What item in Egypt is used to help the Egyptians decide what to do after their long absence?
(b) The crocodile stone.
(c) A die.
(d) The guidelines written on the scrolls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do April and Melanie decide to place their "finding" where they do?
2. How do April and Melanie spend their time together before school begins?
3. What does April interpret as the sign to break off from the trick-or-treating group?
4. Where did April get the name with which she introduces herself to Melanie?
5. How often do April and Melanie see each other before school begins?
Short Essay Questions
1. What arrangements does Caroline make when April first comes to town?
2. What are April and Melanie's thoughts about Ken and Toby's interest in the Egypt Game?
3. Who moves into Casa Rosada after school begins?
4. What were April's living arrangements before she moved to town?
5. What happens when April first meets the Professor?
6. How does April dress for her first meeting with Melanie?
7. What do the Egyptians do while they are on a hiatus from the Egypt Game as a result of a neighborhood event?
8. What is Melanie's concern about April before school begins?
9. Why are the Egyptians unable to return to their game during Christmas break?
10. How do April and Melanie spend their days together before school begins?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)