|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item in Egypt is used to help the Egyptians decide what to do after their long absence?
(a) The guidelines written on the scrolls.
(b) The crocodile stone.
(d) A die.
2. What is NOT an activity in Egypt?
(a) Thrones are crafted.
(b) Altars are built and decorated.
(c) Animals are sacrificed to the gods.
(d) Rites and ceremonies are decided upon and written down.
3. What is the female head of household looking for?
(a) A reliable car.
(b) A job.
(c) Someone to move a cabinet.
(d) A babysitter.
4. What does April interpret as the sign to break off from the trick-or-treating group?
(a) A lunar eclipse.
(b) A shooting star.
(c) An owl hooting.
(d) A bat flying through the air.
5. When does April meet Melanie and Marshall?
(a) At the park.
(b) When she has lunch with the Rosses.
(c) When she comes to babysit Marshall.
(d) On the street in their neighborhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an old mixing bowl used for in the Egypt Game?
2. What does the lean-to rest on?
3. What does Melanie like to do with pictures she cuts out?
4. What does April think the Egyptians should do after their long absence from Egypt?
5. What do the children do in preparation to play the Egypt Game?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Egyptians do while they are on a hiatus from the Egypt Game as a result of a neighborhood event?
2. What happens when April first meets the Professor?
3. What do the parents suggest to April and Melanie after the new family moves in?
4. What do the Egyptians plan on doing Halloween night?
5. Whom do April and Melanie think Elizabeth looks like?
6. What does April do while everyone is waiting outside of Egypt on Halloween night?
7. What arrangements does Caroline make when April first comes to town?
8. What were April's living arrangements before she moved to town?
9. What do April, Melanie and Marshall find inside the lean-to at the outset of the Egypt game?
10. How does April dress for her first meeting with Melanie?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)