|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the children use for altars?
(a) Cinder blocks.
(d) Lawn chairs.
2. What part of Casa Rosada does the new family inhabit?
(a) The second floor.
(b) The first floor.
(c) The basement.
(d) The third floor.
3. What type of store does the Professor own?
(a) A curio shop.
(b) A haberdashery.
(c) A book store.
(d) A dry goods store.
4. What is Caroline's profession?
(a) A telephone operator.
(b) A librarian.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A secretary.
5. What assures the children that the Professor is not watching them?
(a) The lean-to blocks the view from the Professor's shop.
(b) The bushes are overgrown in the yard.
(c) They see customers coming in and out of his shop.
(d) The back window is caked with dirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the four Egyptians' opinion about visiting Egypt at night?
2. How do the Egyptians begin recording their rites and ceremonies?
3. Where is the Professor's shop in relation to where April is staying?
4. What happens while April is playing with Melanie?
5. What event saves Halloween?
Short Essay Questions
1. What arrangements does Caroline make when April first comes to town?
2. What is the sign to break away from the trick-or-treating group in order to sneak off to Egypt at night?
3. What does Melanie find that begins the Egypt Game?
4. What do the Egyptians decide they should do in order to appease the gods after their long absence?
5. What happens when April first meets the Professor?
6. Whom do April and Melanie think Elizabeth looks like?
7. What brings April and Melanie together as friends?
8. From where does the Professor watch the children play the Egypt Game?
9. What do April and Melanie make to accompany the bust of Nefertiti?
10. What is the first story April, Melanie and Marshall make up in the Egypt Game?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)