|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of store does the Professor own?
(a) A book store.
(b) A dry goods store.
(c) A curio shop.
(d) A haberdashery.
2. Where do the four Egyptians join a larger trick-or-treating group on Halloween night?
(a) At Wilson School.
(b) At the library.
(c) On Orchard Avenue.
(d) At the park.
3. What event saves Halloween?
(a) The police send out extra patrols.
(b) The culprit is found.
(c) The school holds a Halloween party.
(d) Fathers volunteer to take children trick-or-treating.
4. How do April and Melanie spend their time together before school begins?
(a) Going to the movies.
(b) Going to the library.
(c) Playing dress up.
(d) Doing arts and crafts.
5. What are the children unaware of during the Egypt Game?
(a) The Professor is watching them through the window.
(b) The lean-to continues to sag.
(c) Storm clouds are forming.
(d) A guard dog is sometimes allowed to roam in the yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Egyptians do when they return to Egypt at night?
2. What do April and Melanie think about the suggestion regarding the new family?
3. What are April's worries before she begins school?
4. What becomes April and Melanie's shared passion?
5. What does April discuss with the Professor on her first visit to his shop?
Short Essay Questions
1. From where does the Professor watch the children play the Egypt Game?
2. What do the children do in preparation to play the Egypt Game?
3. What were April's living arrangements before she moved to town?
4. What extra supplies do the Egyptians add to the temple?
5. What do the children see after they perform their ceremony after their long absence?
6. How do April and Melanie spend their days together before school begins?
7. What saves Halloween from being canceled?
8. What do the parents suggest to April and Melanie after the new family moves in?
9. What do the Egyptians do while they are on a hiatus from the Egypt Game as a result of a neighborhood event?
10. What brings April and Melanie together as friends?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)