|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Professor's response to what April tells him on her first visit to his shop?
(a) He is mainly silent.
(b) He is sympathetic.
(c) He is helpful.
(d) He is abraisive.
2. How is April dressed when she meets Melanie?
(a) Her hair is in a ponytail, and she wears a t-shirt and tennis shoes.
(b) She wears her hair up, has false eyelashes and a fur.
(c) She is in a fortune-teller's outfit.
(d) She is wearing an Egyptian robe and headress.
3. Where do the four Egyptians join a larger trick-or-treating group on Halloween night?
(a) On Orchard Avenue.
(b) At Wilson School.
(c) At the library.
(d) At the park.
4. What do April and Melanie find on their way to school?
(a) A decorative "ceremony" bottle.
(b) A "crocodile stone".
(c) A scorpion ring.
(d) An amulet.
5. What do the Egyptians do when they return to Egypt at night?
(a) They sing the songs they have written during their absence.
(b) They chant the Celebration of the Return to Egypt.
(c) They perform the Rite of Return after a long absence.
(d) They perform the Welcome Ritual.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where does the Professor watch the children play the Egypt Game?
2. What does April discuss with the Professor on her first visit to his shop?
3. What does April interpret as the sign to break off from the trick-or-treating group?
4. What is NOT found in the structure where the children play the Egypt Game?
5. What is the female head of household looking for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What event happens in the neighborhood that puts a temporary halt to the Egypt Game?
2. What is Melanie's initial impression of April?
3. How does April dress for her first meeting with Melanie?
4. What is the sign to break away from the trick-or-treating group in order to sneak off to Egypt at night?
5. What do the children see after they perform their ceremony after their long absence?
6. What were April's living arrangements before she moved to town?
7. What saves Halloween from being canceled?
8. What extra supplies do the Egyptians add to the temple?
9. Who moves into Casa Rosada after school begins?
10. Whom do April and Melanie think Elizabeth looks like?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)