|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Melanie like to do with pictures she cuts out?
(a) She makes collages out of them.
(b) She puts them into stories.
(c) She throws darts at them.
(d) She draws blemishes on them.
2. What is the Professor's response to what April tells him on her first visit to his shop?
(a) He is helpful.
(b) He is abraisive.
(c) He is mainly silent.
(d) He is sympathetic.
3. What helps April and Melanie change their mind regarding their decision about the new family?
(a) They meet Elizabeth.
(b) April and Melanie discuss the situation and come to a different conclusion.
(c) Their parents coerce them.
(d) They witness another family on the street with young children.
4. What does Melanie reveal about herself during April's first visit?
(a) That her friends do not like to read.
(b) That she is afraid of spiders.
(c) That she has imaginary friends.
(d) That she does not have many friends that play imagining games.
5. What connects April and Melanie as friends?
(a) They both like to play Monopoly.
(b) Their interest in ancient Egypt.
(c) They like the same movie stars.
(d) They like the same foods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the location for playing the Egypt Game?
2. What do the children call the lean-to?
3. What event happens in the neighborhood that places a temporary halt to the Egypt Game?
4. Where do the four Egyptians join a larger trick-or-treating group on Halloween night?
5. Why do April and Melanie decide to place their "finding" where they do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the sign to break away from the trick-or-treating group in order to sneak off to Egypt at night?
2. What do the Egyptians find when they return to Egypt to learn whether the Oracle has spoken?
3. What saves Halloween from being canceled?
4. What does Melanie find that begins the Egypt Game?
5. What happens when April and Marshall leave Egypt after visiting there at night?
6. What does April do while everyone is waiting outside of Egypt on Halloween night?
7. What event happens in the neighborhood that puts a temporary halt to the Egypt Game?
8. Why does Toby want to finish the hieroglyphic alphabet?
9. What do the Egyptians plan on doing Halloween night?
10. What do the children do in preparation to play the Egypt Game?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)