|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does April do while the others are waiting outside of Egypt on their night-time visit?
(a) She sets out four cushions to sit on.
(b) She lights candles.
(c) She arranges the statues.
(d) She sweeps the temple.
2. What do the Egyptians give reverence to after their long absence from Egypt?
(a) The gods Set and Isis.
(b) The bust of Nefertiti.
(c) The crocodile stone.
(d) The god Osiris.
3. Where does Caroline live?
(a) In Casa Rosada.
(b) In Lindell Towers
(c) In The Dorchester.
(d) In Cielito Bonito.
4. What is April's first impression of the Professor?
(a) She thinks he is friendly.
(b) She thinks he is funny.
(c) She feels sorry for him.
(d) She is fearful of him.
5. What event saves Halloween?
(a) The culprit is found.
(b) Fathers volunteer to take children trick-or-treating.
(c) The school holds a Halloween party.
(d) The police send out extra patrols.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the female head of household looking for?
2. Why does Melanie visit April the night before school begins?
3. What assures the children that the Professor is not watching them?
4. Who is concerned about the plan for Halloween night?
5. What are April's worries before she begins school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does April explore when she first moves to town?
2. What brings April and Melanie together as friends?
3. What does April do while everyone is waiting outside of Egypt on Halloween night?
4. What do April, Melanie and Marshall find inside the lean-to at the outset of the Egypt game?
5. How do April and Melanie spend their days together before school begins?
6. What happens when April first meets the Professor?
7. What arrangements does Caroline make when April first comes to town?
8. Why are the children afraid of the Professor?
9. Whom do April and Melanie think Elizabeth looks like?
10. What do the Egyptians do while they are on a hiatus from the Egypt Game as a result of a neighborhood event?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)