|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the children unaware of during the Egypt Game?
(a) The Professor is watching them through the window.
(b) The lean-to continues to sag.
(c) A guard dog is sometimes allowed to roam in the yard.
(d) Storm clouds are forming.
2. What do the children do in preparation to play the Egypt Game?
(a) They assign roles.
(b) They make up alibis to tell their parents.
(c) They do research about ancient Egypt.
(d) They clean up the area.
3. Who moves into Casa Rosada after school begins?
(a) The Chung family.
(b) The Diaz family.
(c) The Tate family.
(d) The Teng family.
4. How do April and Melanie spend their time together before school begins?
(a) Going to the movies.
(b) Going to the library.
(c) Playing dress up.
(d) Doing arts and crafts.
5. What is a sign that April is adjusting at Wilson School?
(a) April wants to run for student council.
(b) The coolest boys are calling April by a nickname.
(c) The kids do not make fun of her.
(d) She has new friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is concerned about the plan for Halloween night?
2. What happens while April is playing with Melanie?
3. What other interest do April and Melanie share?
4. Which adult interrupts the Egypt Game with news about an incident in the neighborhood?
5. How do the Egyptians know when to act on their plan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do April and Melanie spend their days together before school begins?
2. What does April do while everyone is waiting outside of Egypt on Halloween night?
3. What leads the children to believe the Professor is not watching them play the Egypt Game?
4. What does April explore when she first moves to town?
5. Whom do April and Melanie think Elizabeth looks like?
6. How does April dress for her first meeting with Melanie?
7. Who moves into Casa Rosada after school begins?
8. What does Melanie find that begins the Egypt Game?
9. What is the sign to break away from the trick-or-treating group in order to sneak off to Egypt at night?
10. What do the children see after they perform their ceremony after their long absence?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)