|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Melanie and Elizabeth do that is counter to their initial decision regarding the new family?
(a) They do more than what is asked of them.
(b) They spend time with the new family.
(c) They help others in addition to the new family.
(d) They invite Elizabeth to play the Egypt Game.
2. What do the Egyptians decide to do while they are on hiatus from the Egypt Game?
(a) They make Egyptian costumes.
(b) They draw pictures of Egypt.
(c) They read books about Egypt.
(d) They make statues for their temple.
3. Which Egyptian typically wants to get permission before doing something?
4. What plan does the Egypt gang have for Halloween night?
(a) To soap the Professor's store windows.
(b) To perform a sacrifice.
(c) To hold the Egypt Game at the park.
(d) To split off from the group and visit Egypt at night.
5. Why does Melanie go home when visiting April the night before school begins?
(a) She and April have a fight.
(b) She promised to read a book to Marshall before bed.
(c) Caroline tells the girls it is time to go to bed.
(d) Melanie wants to get her school supplies ready.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do April and Melanie think about the suggestion regarding the new family?
2. What is NOT an activity in Egypt?
3. Whom does April and Melanie think Elizabeth looks like?
4. What is an old mixing bowl used for in the Egypt Game?
5. What event happens in the neighborhood that places a temporary halt to the Egypt Game?
Short Essay Questions
1. What arrangements does Caroline make when April first comes to town?
2. What do the children see after they perform their ceremony after their long absence?
3. What do the children do in preparation to play the Egypt Game?
4. What is the sign to break away from the trick-or-treating group in order to sneak off to Egypt at night?
5. What leads the children to believe the Professor is not watching them play the Egypt Game?
6. Whom do April and Melanie think Elizabeth looks like?
7. Why are the children afraid of the Professor?
8. What do April, Melanie and Marshall find inside the lean-to at the outset of the Egypt game?
9. What is Melanie's initial impression of April?
10. What does April tell Melanie her name is?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)