|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Melanie feel about the Professor?
(a) He is very knowledgeable.
(b) He is mean.
(c) He makes her nervous.
(d) He is very likeable.
2. What is the four Egyptians' opinion about visiting Egypt at night?
(a) It is boring.
(b) It is enticing.
(c) It is scary.
(d) It is unpleasant.
3. What does Melanie do to April before school begins?
(a) She introduces April to her friends.
(b) She gives her a makeover.
(c) She says mean things to her.
(d) She kidnaps her eyelashes.
4. What do the Egyptians do when they return to Egypt at night?
(a) They sing the songs they have written during their absence.
(b) They perform the Welcome Ritual.
(c) They chant the Celebration of the Return to Egypt.
(d) They perform the Rite of Return after a long absence.
5. What helps April and Melanie change their mind regarding their decision about the new family?
(a) Their parents coerce them.
(b) They witness another family on the street with young children.
(c) They meet Elizabeth.
(d) April and Melanie discuss the situation and come to a different conclusion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did April get the name with which she introduces herself to Melanie?
2. What is April's mother's profession?
3. What does April find in Melanie's room during their first encounter?
4. What is one of the first things April does after she arrives in the new neighborhood?
5. What does April discuss with the Professor on her first visit to his shop?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does April fare at Wilson School?
2. What is Melanie's concern about April before school begins?
3. How does April dress for her first meeting with Melanie?
4. What does April do while everyone is waiting outside of Egypt on Halloween night?
5. What does Melanie find that begins the Egypt Game?
6. What is Melanie's initial impression of April?
7. What do April and Melanie make to accompany the bust of Nefertiti?
8. What leads the children to believe the Professor is not watching them play the Egypt Game?
9. What do the Egyptians decide they should do in order to appease the gods after their long absence?
10. Why are the children afraid of the Professor?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)