|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Egyptian typically wants to get permission before doing something?
2. What do April and Melanie think about the suggestion regarding the new family?
(a) They think it is a wonderful idea.
(b) They do not want anyone to butt into their friendship.
(c) They think their parents are being unfair.
(d) They do not want their free time infringed on.
3. When does April meet Melanie and Marshall?
(a) At the park.
(b) When she comes to babysit Marshall.
(c) On the street in their neighborhood.
(d) When she has lunch with the Rosses.
4. How many children are there in the new family in Casa Rosada?
(a) One daughter.
(b) Three sons.
(c) Three daughters.
(d) One daughter and one son.
5. To what do the children attribute the changes to Egypt after they return from their hiatus?
(a) To a curse on the temple.
(b) To the powers of Isis and the crocodile stone.
(c) To someone who has broken into Egypt.
(d) To Set's evil powers and Nefertiti's beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Melanie visit April the night before school begins?
2. What are Melanie's concerns before the school year begins?
3. What is April and Melanie's friendship based on?
4. What happens during the ceremony the Egyptians perform after their long absence?
5. What does Melanie do to April before school begins?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Egyptians decide they should do in order to appease the gods after their long absence?
2. What do April, Melanie and Marshall find inside the lean-to at the outset of the Egypt game?
3. What does April explore when she first moves to town?
4. How does April dress for her first meeting with Melanie?
5. What do the children do in preparation to play the Egypt Game?
6. What brings April and Melanie together as friends?
7. What does Melanie do to April before school begins?
8. What happens when April first meets the Professor?
9. Who is the Professor?
10. What leads the children to believe the Professor is not watching them play the Egypt Game?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)