|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does April look at when she first visits the Professor's curio shop?
2. What is April's first impression of the Professor?
(a) She thinks he is funny.
(b) She feels sorry for him.
(c) She is fearful of him.
(d) She thinks he is friendly.
3. How do the Egyptians begin recording their rites and ceremonies?
(a) In Morse code.
(b) In pig latin.
(c) In English.
(d) In calligraphy.
4. What does Melanie find in the location where the Egypt Game will be played?
(a) A pyramid.
(b) A coptic cross.
(c) A picture of the Sphynx.
(d) A bust of Nefertiti.
5. Whom does April and Melanie think Elizabeth looks like?
(a) Actress Sophia Lauren.
(b) Queen Nefertiti.
(c) April's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes April and Melanie's shared passion?
2. What does April think the Egyptians should do after their long absence from Egypt?
3. What idea is finally agreed upon by the Egyptians to set things right after their long absence?
4. What item in Egypt is used to help the Egyptians decide what to do after their long absence?
5. What do the children do in preparation to play the Egypt Game?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Melanie do to April before school begins?
2. Why are the children afraid of the Professor?
3. What does April explore when she first moves to town?
4. What brings April and Melanie together as friends?
5. What happens when April first meets the Professor?
6. Why does Melanie visit April the night before school starts?
7. What is Melanie's initial impression of April?
8. What event happens in the neighborhood that puts a temporary halt to the Egypt Game?
9. What does Melanie find that begins the Egypt Game?
10. What does April do while everyone is waiting outside of Egypt on Halloween night?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)