|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Egyptians return after a long absence, what happens after their ceremony?
(a) A huge mishapen figure lands in front of them.
(b) Part of the lean-to comes off and lands with a crash.
(c) They hear an owl.
(d) The candles go out.
2. What do April and Melanie decide regarding the new family?
(a) They decide to help everyone but Emily.
(b) They will only help Elizabeth at school.
(c) They decide to go against their parents' wishes.
(d) They will babysit for only two months.
3. Who is the evil god in the Egypt Game?
4. Where do the children play the Egypt Game?
(a) In a yard behind the Professor's curio shop.
(b) At a park across from the Professor's curio shop.
(c) In the alley by the Professor's curio shop.
(d) At a friend's house next to the Professor's curio shop.
5. What does April tell Melanie her name is when she meets her?
(a) Princess April.
(b) April Seshat.
(c) April Dawn.
(d) April the Great.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Melanie do to April before school begins?
2. What is an old mixing bowl used for in the Egypt Game?
3. How do April and Melanie spend their time together before school begins?
4. From where does the Professor watch the children play the Egypt Game?
5. What material do April and Melanie use to make their accompaniment to the Nefertiti bust?
Short Essay Questions
1. What arrangements does Caroline make when April first comes to town?
2. What is the first story April, Melanie and Marshall make up in the Egypt Game?
3. What do the Egyptians do while they are on a hiatus from the Egypt Game as a result of a neighborhood event?
4. What do the Egyptians decide they should do in order to appease the gods after their long absence?
5. What do the children do in preparation to play the Egypt Game?
6. How does April dress for her first meeting with Melanie?
7. Whom do April and Melanie think Elizabeth looks like?
8. What happens when April first meets the Professor?
9. What is Melanie's initial impression of April?
10. What do April and Melanie think about the parents' suggestion about the new family?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)