|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the children do in preparation to play the Egypt Game?
(a) They do research about ancient Egypt.
(b) They clean up the area.
(c) They assign roles.
(d) They make up alibis to tell their parents.
2. What is one of the first things April does after she arrives in the new neighborhood?
(a) She observes everything from her window.
(b) She looks at maps of the area.
(c) She writes letters home.
(d) She explores the neighborhood.
3. Where does Caroline live?
(a) In Cielito Bonito.
(b) In Lindell Towers
(c) In The Dorchester.
(d) In Casa Rosada.
4. Which Egyptian typically wants to get permission before doing something?
5. Where is the Professor's shop in relation to where April is staying?
(a) Behind the alley.
(b) Next door.
(c) Across the street.
(d) Around the corner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT an activity in Egypt?
2. What does April do while the others are waiting outside of Egypt on their night-time visit?
3. What does Melanie reveal about herself during April's first visit?
4. What month does the Professor witness the beginning of the Egypt Game?
5. What are Melanie's concerns before the school year begins?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do April, Melanie and Marshall find inside the lean-to at the outset of the Egypt game?
2. What does April explore when she first moves to town?
3. How do April and Melanie spend their days together before school begins?
4. What does April tell Melanie her name is?
5. What do the parents suggest to April and Melanie after the new family moves in?
6. What is the first story April, Melanie and Marshall make up in the Egypt Game?
7. What do the Egyptians do while they are on a hiatus from the Egypt Game as a result of a neighborhood event?
8. What saves Halloween from being canceled?
9. What do April and Melanie make to accompany the bust of Nefertiti?
10. Who moves into Casa Rosada after school begins?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)