|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an old mixing bowl used for in the Egypt Game?
(a) For sacred fires.
(b) For offerings to the gods and goddesses.
(c) For a headdress.
(d) For mixing potions.
2. How is April dressed when she meets Melanie?
(a) She wears her hair up, has false eyelashes and a fur.
(b) She is in a fortune-teller's outfit.
(c) She is wearing an Egyptian robe and headress.
(d) Her hair is in a ponytail, and she wears a t-shirt and tennis shoes.
3. Who moves into Casa Rosada after school begins?
(a) The Teng family.
(b) The Diaz family.
(c) The Tate family.
(d) The Chung family.
4. How do April and Melanie spend their time together before school begins?
(a) Going to the library.
(b) Going to the movies.
(c) Doing arts and crafts.
(d) Playing dress up.
5. To what do the children attribute the changes to Egypt after they return from their hiatus?
(a) To a curse on the temple.
(b) To someone who has broken into Egypt.
(c) To the powers of Isis and the crocodile stone.
(d) To Set's evil powers and Nefertiti's beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does April interpret as the sign to break off from the trick-or-treating group?
2. What are the names of the girls who play the Egypt Game?
3. How do the Egyptians begin recording their rites and ceremonies?
4. Who are the first children that April meets?
5. What is NOT found in the structure where the children play the Egypt Game?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do April, Melanie and Marshall find inside the lean-to at the outset of the Egypt game?
2. What is the sign to break away from the trick-or-treating group in order to sneak off to Egypt at night?
3. What is Melanie's concern about April before school begins?
4. What extra supplies do the Egyptians add to the temple?
5. How does April fare at Wilson School?
6. What do the Egyptians plan on doing Halloween night?
7. What arrangements does Caroline make when April first comes to town?
8. What happens when April first meets the Professor?
9. What do the Egyptians decide they should do in order to appease the gods after their long absence?
10. What do the children do in preparation to play the Egypt Game?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)