|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the intruders think about their intrusion?
(a) They think it is funny.
(b) They think it is too scary.
(c) They think it is enjoyable for everyone.
(d) They think it is insensitive.
2. Why does everyone think something strange is going on in Egypt?
(a) Someone also answered April's question.
(b) Everything has been rearranged.
(c) It appears that someone has been performing ceremonies while the Egyptians are not there.
(d) A few of the Egyptians mention seeing a shadow lurking on the outskirts of Egypt.
3. What is Toby's reaction to being in Egypt after the children are permitted outside again?
(a) He is overzealous.
(b) He is belligerent.
(c) He becomes bored.
(d) He is energized.
4. What is Toby concerned about when he confides in April and Melanie?
(a) He does not have an answer to Marshall's question.
(b) He is not the only one who is rearranging the items in the temple.
(c) He is worried that they will tell the others.
(d) He has not taken any of the missing items.
5. What happens when neighbors open their windows while April and Marshall are leaving Egypt at night?
(a) Marshall cries even louder.
(b) They ask April and Marshall what they are doing in the alley at night.
(c) April and Marshall run back to the apartment.
(d) April is released.
6. Why does Marshall apologize to April?
(a) Because he dropped her math book, and she still does not have it.
(b) Because he did not cooperate with her.
(c) Because he was not able to help her.
(d) Because he kept crying.
7. What do the Egyptians think they should do because strange things are occurring in Egypt?
(a) Quit playing the Egypt Game.
(b) Relocate Egypt.
(c) Create a new game.
(d) Have shifts of someone keeping a watch over Egypt.
8. What is Petey's Egyptian name?
(a) Prince Pete-ho-tep.
(b) Prince Pete-herit.
(c) Prince Akhom-ho-tep.
(d) Prince Ptah-haka.
9. In what temple will the Ceremony of the Dead be held?
(a) The temple of Anubis.
(b) The hypostyle hall.
(c) The temple of Akhet-Aten.
(d) The Ka temple.
10. What news does April receive in a letter from her mother?
(a) She lands a part in a Hollywood movie.
(b) She thinks April should be able to return to Hollywood soon.
(c) She is singing more now, in hopes of getting a recording career.
(d) She is married, so April cannot come home.
11. What does Toby confide to April and Melanie?
(a) He has been writing the answers to the questions posed to the Oracle.
(b) He has been writing in the scrolls.
(c) He does not want to stop playing the Egypt Game because it is a refuge from his homelife.
(d) He goes to Egypt to perform ceremonies alone.
12. Why is Security missing?
(a) Marshall gave it to Elizabeth, who forgot what she did with it.
(b) The Egyptians left in such a rush that everyone forgot about Security.
(c) Marshall took a bus ride with his mother and left it on the bus.
(d) Marshall brought it to nursery school, and he left it there by accident.
13. Why does Toby want to finish the hieroglyph alphabet?
(a) He hates to leave any task unfinished.
(b) So they can decorate the temple with the hieroglyphs.
(c) It can be used for secret notes.
(d) So they can use it to record the events in Egypt.
14. What happens that allows Melanie and April to return to Egypt?
(a) A suspect is found.
(b) The children promise never to go outside alone.
(c) Caroline agrees to be a chaperone.
(d) The neighborhood begins to relax.
15. What happens to the remains of Petey's body?
(a) It is mummified.
(b) It is buried in a shoebox.
(c) It is placed on a homemade raft and set afloat in a creek.
(d) It is cremated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Toby experience the last time he visits Egypt alone?
2. What does Marshall notice while the others are performing the Ceremony of the Dead?
3. What do the Egyptians decide that the procession should have?
4. How do the Egyptians prepare for the Ceremony of Returning to the Oracle for the Answer?
5. How does the Oracle of Thoth work?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)