|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is selected to be the Oracle?
2. What is the story the Egyptians create regarding the demise of Petey?
(a) Petey was poisoned by servants.
(b) Petey was killed by a rival Pharaoh.
(c) Petey had fallen in battle.
(d) Petey was killed by his brother.
3. What do the Egyptians do after Marshall's question is answered?
(a) They accuse each other of writing the answer.
(b) They stop conducting ceremonies.
(c) They try to unravel the mystery.
(d) They ask another question to see what happens.
4. Why is April babysitting Marshall?
(a) Elizabeth is injured and in the emergency room at the hospital.
(b) Elizabeth's parents are taking her somewhere special for her birthday.
(c) Because his parents and Elizabeth are going to a concert.
(d) Because there was a death in the family.
5. What do Ken and Toby tell their basketball friends about why they have been absent from the game?
(a) They are working on an extra credit project for school.
(b) They have an after-school job.
(c) They have to help a neighbor after school.
(d) They have been grounded since Halloween.
6. What does the Professor give April when she visits him at his store during Christmas break?
(a) A small replica of an Egyptian mummy.
(b) A figurine.
(c) A book about Egypt.
(d) Two objects that belonged to his wife.
7. Who performs the Ceremony of Returning to the Oracle for the Answer?
8. Whom does April think is responsible for the answer, when she takes the paper from Thoth's beak?
(a) One of the other Egyptians.
(b) A stranger.
(c) The Professor.
(d) One of their classmates.
9. What does April receive from her mother around Christmas time?
(a) A letter inviting April to return to live with her.
(b) A post card telling April she is having a wonderful vacation in Mexico.
(c) A card inviting April to spend part of her vacation with her in Palm Springs.
(d) A letter explaining that April will never be able to live with her again.
10. What does April decide after she receives the item from her mother around Christmas time?
(a) She declines to visit her mother.
(b) She decides to live with her mother after the end of the school year.
(c) She plans to visit her mother.
(d) She writes a letter to her mother explaining that she will continue to live with Caroline.
11. What do the Egyptians do after the Oracle of Thoth is performed?
(a) They leave so the Oracle has time to anwer the question.
(b) The do Oracle of Thoth chants.
(c) They record the ceremony in the scrolls.
(d) They perform the closing ritual.
12. What question remains after Marshall finds Security?
(a) How could Marshall lose Security?
(b) Who returned Security?
(c) Who wrote the answer to Marshall's question?
(d) Who took Security?
13. Why do the Egyptians have to leave Egypt immediately after the second Ceremony of Presenting the Question to the Oracle?
(a) They hear a strange noise.
(b) They see a shadow lurking in the distance.
(c) There is a thunderstorm.
(d) They hear Mrs. Ross calling.
14. Where is Security found?
(a) At a lost and found.
(b) Under the statue of Set.
(c) At Marshall's house.
(d) At nursery school.
15. What is April's reaction to the intruders on Halloween night?
(a) She cries.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She is speechless.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ken and Toby ask April and Melanie after they learn about the Egypt Game?
2. What does Melanie suggest to Marshall about Security?
3. How is Toby able to come and go easily from home?
4. What is Ken's reaction to the Egypt Game?
5. Why does Toby want to finish the hieroglyph alphabet?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)