|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first participant in the Oracle of Thoth?
2. How is Toby able to come and go easily from home?
(a) He tells his parents he is checking in on his grandmother.
(b) His parents are frequently gone in the evenings.
(c) He sneaks out of the house while his parents are asleep.
(d) He always tells his parents he is at Ken's house.
3. What does April receive from her mother around Christmas time?
(a) A post card telling April she is having a wonderful vacation in Mexico.
(b) A letter inviting April to return to live with her.
(c) A letter explaining that April will never be able to live with her again.
(d) A card inviting April to spend part of her vacation with her in Palm Springs.
4. Who works at the Professor's store around the time of Christmas break?
(a) Mrs. Chung.
(b) Mrs. Ross.
(c) Mr. Bodler.
(d) The man with red hair and freckles.
5. Who presides over the Oracle of Thoth ceremony?
6. What does the Professor give April when she visits him at his store during Christmas break?
(a) Two objects that belonged to his wife.
(b) A figurine.
(c) A small replica of an Egyptian mummy.
(d) A book about Egypt.
7. Why is Security missing?
(a) Marshall gave it to Elizabeth, who forgot what she did with it.
(b) Marshall brought it to nursery school, and he left it there by accident.
(c) Marshall took a bus ride with his mother and left it on the bus.
(d) The Egyptians left in such a rush that everyone forgot about Security.
8. What does Melanie suggest to Marshall about Security?
(a) That Security is safe in Egypt.
(b) Someone probably turned it in at a lost and found.
(c) That Security would turn up somewhere.
(d) That perhaps he left Security at nursery school.
9. What do the Egyptians do after the first intruder lands in the storage yard?
(a) They scatter.
(b) They hang to each other in panic.
(c) They throw things at the intruder.
(d) They attack the intruder.
10. Why do Marshall and April go to Egypt at night?
(a) To retrieve April's math book.
(b) Marshall lost Security again.
(c) To perform the Oracle of Thoth.
(d) Because Marshall did not get to go to Egypt on Halloween night.
11. What is the inspiration for the Oracle ceremony?
(a) Toby, April, and Melanie learn about Oracles in class.
(b) It is a suggestion from Caroline.
(c) Elizabeth sees a television program that featured an Oracle.
(d) April and Melanie read about Oracles at the library.
12. Who is selected to be the Oracle?
13. What does Marshall do when the police officers ask him questions about the attack on April?
(a) He answers the questions.
(b) He starts to cry.
(c) He asks questions but does not answer theirs.
(d) The session exceeds his attention span and he gets fidgety.
14. Who performs the Ceremony of Returning to the Oracle for the Answer?
15. What happens to Marshall following the attack on April?
(a) He becomes the neighborhood hero.
(b) He is featured in an article in a newspaper.
(c) He is grounded.
(d) The alley by Egypt is named after him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is not worried whether Security will be found?
2. What is Elizabeth's solution regarding what to do with the intruders?
3. Who insists that there should be no changes in the Egypt Game?
4. What do the Egyptians do after Marshall's question is answered?
5. What is Petey's Egyptian name?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)