|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the Egyptians unable to return to their game during Christmas break?
(a) They are grounded.
(b) There is a new board on the fence and they cannot enter.
(c) There is a new lock on the gate.
(d) The temple has been dismantled.
2. Why does Toby want to finish the hieroglyph alphabet?
(a) So they can use it to record the events in Egypt.
(b) So they can decorate the temple with the hieroglyphs.
(c) It can be used for secret notes.
(d) He hates to leave any task unfinished.
3. What is Petey's Egyptian name?
(a) Prince Pete-ho-tep.
(b) Prince Akhom-ho-tep.
(c) Prince Ptah-haka.
(d) Prince Pete-herit.
4. What does April hear while they are leaving Egypt at night?
(a) The sound of an alley cat yowling.
(b) The sound of glass breaking and a voice calling for help.
(c) Someone screaming.
(d) A loud crash.
5. What do the Egyptians think they should do because strange things are occurring in Egypt?
(a) Create a new game.
(b) Relocate Egypt.
(c) Quit playing the Egypt Game.
(d) Have shifts of someone keeping a watch over Egypt.
6. What is Ken's reaction to the Egypt Game?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is enthusiastic.
(c) He makes fun of the Egyptians.
(d) He is indifferent.
7. Why does Toby get in trouble on Halloween night?
(a) He lost his house keys.
(b) His costume is squashed.
(c) He returns home too late.
(d) He leaves the safety of the group.
8. Who performs the Ceremony of Returning to the Oracle for the Answer?
9. What does April receive from her mother around Christmas time?
(a) A letter inviting April to return to live with her.
(b) A card inviting April to spend part of her vacation with her in Palm Springs.
(c) A letter explaining that April will never be able to live with her again.
(d) A post card telling April she is having a wonderful vacation in Mexico.
10. What do Ken and Toby bring to Egypt after the children are permitted outside again?
(a) They bring supplies for Set's altar.
(b) They bring snacks for everyone.
(c) They bring scrolls they have been working on.
(d) They bring a drawing of Ra for the altar.
11. What is the story the Egyptians create regarding the demise of Petey?
(a) Petey had fallen in battle.
(b) Petey was killed by a rival Pharaoh.
(c) Petey was poisoned by servants.
(d) Petey was killed by his brother.
12. Why do the Egyptians have to leave Egypt immediately after the second Ceremony of Presenting the Question to the Oracle?
(a) They hear Mrs. Ross calling.
(b) There is a thunderstorm.
(c) They hear a strange noise.
(d) They see a shadow lurking in the distance.
13. What does April find when she takes the piece of paper from Thoth's beak?
(a) There is another piece of paper in its place.
(b) Someone has crumpled it.
(c) The paper is in the same condition as it was left.
(d) An answer to Ken's question.
14. What do the intruders think about their intrusion?
(a) They think it is too scary.
(b) They think it is insensitive.
(c) They think it is funny.
(d) They think it is enjoyable for everyone.
15. What does Toby experience the last time he visits Egypt alone?
(a) He has an inspiration for a new ceremony.
(b) The sensation that there is someone in the alley behind him.
(c) He hears a spooky noise.
(d) An overwhelming feeling of loneliness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the remains of Petey's body?
2. What happens when neighbors open their windows while April and Marshall are leaving Egypt at night?
3. Why does everyone think something strange is going on in Egypt?
4. Why do Marshall and April go to Egypt at night?
5. Why does Marshall apologize to April?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)