|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question remains after Marshall finds Security?
(a) Who wrote the answer to Marshall's question?
(b) Who returned Security?
(c) How could Marshall lose Security?
(d) Who took Security?
2. What do Ken and Toby bring to Egypt after the children are permitted outside again?
(a) They bring supplies for Set's altar.
(b) They bring a drawing of Ra for the altar.
(c) They bring snacks for everyone.
(d) They bring scrolls they have been working on.
3. What do the Egyptians do after the Oracle of Thoth is performed?
(a) They leave so the Oracle has time to anwer the question.
(b) They record the ceremony in the scrolls.
(c) They perform the closing ritual.
(d) The do Oracle of Thoth chants.
4. What does April hear while they are leaving Egypt at night?
(a) A loud crash.
(b) The sound of an alley cat yowling.
(c) The sound of glass breaking and a voice calling for help.
(d) Someone screaming.
5. What does April receive from her mother around Christmas time?
(a) A letter inviting April to return to live with her.
(b) A letter explaining that April will never be able to live with her again.
(c) A card inviting April to spend part of her vacation with her in Palm Springs.
(d) A post card telling April she is having a wonderful vacation in Mexico.
6. Whom does April think is responsible for the answer, when she takes the paper from Thoth's beak?
(a) The Professor.
(b) One of their classmates.
(c) One of the other Egyptians.
(d) A stranger.
7. Where is Security found?
(a) At Marshall's house.
(b) At a lost and found.
(c) At nursery school.
(d) Under the statue of Set.
8. What does the Professor give April when she visits him at his store during Christmas break?
(a) Two objects that belonged to his wife.
(b) A book about Egypt.
(c) A small replica of an Egyptian mummy.
(d) A figurine.
9. How is Toby able to come and go easily from home?
(a) He sneaks out of the house while his parents are asleep.
(b) He always tells his parents he is at Ken's house.
(c) His parents are frequently gone in the evenings.
(d) He tells his parents he is checking in on his grandmother.
10. What does Toby experience the last time he visits Egypt alone?
(a) He has an inspiration for a new ceremony.
(b) An overwhelming feeling of loneliness.
(c) The sensation that there is someone in the alley behind him.
(d) He hears a spooky noise.
11. Whom does Marshall tell April is the person who attacked her?
(a) The man who pushes the broom at the library.
(b) The cashier at the A & P grocery store.
(c) The man at Woolworth's who puts boxes on shelves.
(d) The man at Schmitt's variety store that carries things around.
12. What does Melanie suggest to Marshall about Security?
(a) Someone probably turned it in at a lost and found.
(b) That perhaps he left Security at nursery school.
(c) That Security would turn up somewhere.
(d) That Security is safe in Egypt.
13. What happens to Marshall following the attack on April?
(a) He is grounded.
(b) He becomes the neighborhood hero.
(c) The alley by Egypt is named after him.
(d) He is featured in an article in a newspaper.
14. What does Marshall notice while the others are performing the Ceremony of the Dead?
(a) There is a storm rolling in.
(b) The Professor is watching them.
(c) The crocodile stone is missing.
(d) There is someone in the alley.
15. What do the Egyptians decide that the procession should have?
(b) Flowers and palms.
(c) The release of doves.
(d) A palanquin for Petey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Security missing?
2. What do the Egyptians think they should do because strange things are occurring in Egypt?
3. What does Marshall do when the police officers ask him questions about the attack on April?
4. What do the intruders think about their intrusion?
5. What happens when April and Marshall leave Egypt after visiting at night?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)