|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is April babysitting Marshall?
(a) Elizabeth is injured and in the emergency room at the hospital.
(b) Because there was a death in the family.
(c) Elizabeth's parents are taking her somewhere special for her birthday.
(d) Because his parents and Elizabeth are going to a concert.
2. What news does April receive in a letter from her mother?
(a) She is singing more now, in hopes of getting a recording career.
(b) She lands a part in a Hollywood movie.
(c) She thinks April should be able to return to Hollywood soon.
(d) She is married, so April cannot come home.
3. Whom does Marshall tell April is the person who attacked her?
(a) The man who pushes the broom at the library.
(b) The cashier at the A & P grocery store.
(c) The man at Schmitt's variety store that carries things around.
(d) The man at Woolworth's who puts boxes on shelves.
4. What question remains after Marshall finds Security?
(a) Who took Security?
(b) How could Marshall lose Security?
(c) Who returned Security?
(d) Who wrote the answer to Marshall's question?
5. What do the intruders think about their intrusion?
(a) They think it is too scary.
(b) They think it is funny.
(c) They think it is enjoyable for everyone.
(d) They think it is insensitive.
6. Who is the first participant in the Oracle of Thoth?
7. What do Ken and Toby ask April and Melanie after they learn about the Egypt Game?
(a) They ask if they can create a new game together.
(b) They ask if they can make objects for the temple.
(c) They ask if they can invite other kids to play.
(d) They ask when the game will begin again.
8. What happens to Marshall following the attack on April?
(a) The alley by Egypt is named after him.
(b) He is grounded.
(c) He is featured in an article in a newspaper.
(d) He becomes the neighborhood hero.
9. What is Ken's reaction to the Egypt Game?
(a) He makes fun of the Egyptians.
(b) He is enthusiastic.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is indifferent.
10. Why are the Egyptians unable to return to their game during Christmas break?
(a) There is a new lock on the gate.
(b) They are grounded.
(c) There is a new board on the fence and they cannot enter.
(d) The temple has been dismantled.
11. How is Toby able to come and go easily from home?
(a) He always tells his parents he is at Ken's house.
(b) His parents are frequently gone in the evenings.
(c) He tells his parents he is checking in on his grandmother.
(d) He sneaks out of the house while his parents are asleep.
12. Who insists that there should be no changes in the Egypt Game?
(a) Toby and Marshall.
(b) April and Toby.
(c) April and Melanie.
(d) Elizabeth and Ken.
13. What do Ken and Toby tell their basketball friends about why they have been absent from the game?
(a) They have an after-school job.
(b) They are working on an extra credit project for school.
(c) They have to help a neighbor after school.
(d) They have been grounded since Halloween.
14. What do April and Melanie think will happen with the boys' involvement in the Egypt Game?
(a) That they will become active participants in the game.
(b) That they will grow tired of the game and stop playing.
(c) That other kids will become interested in playing the game with them.
(d) That the boys will try to take over the game.
15. How does the Oracle of Thoth work?
(a) The priest or priestess pretends to fall into a trance and answer questions.
(b) Someone leaves a question to be answered in Thoth's beak.
(c) There is a festival.
(d) The Egyptians use Oracle bones to make soup.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who performs the Ceremony of Returning to the Oracle for the Answer?
2. What is April's reaction to the intruders on Halloween night?
3. What does April do when she visits the Professor at his store during Christmas break?
4. What does Melanie suggest to Marshall about Security?
5. What does Toby confide to April and Melanie?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)