|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does everyone think something strange is going on in Egypt?
(a) Everything has been rearranged.
(b) Someone also answered April's question.
(c) It appears that someone has been performing ceremonies while the Egyptians are not there.
(d) A few of the Egyptians mention seeing a shadow lurking on the outskirts of Egypt.
2. What do the Egyptians do after the Oracle of Thoth is performed?
(a) They perform the closing ritual.
(b) They record the ceremony in the scrolls.
(c) The do Oracle of Thoth chants.
(d) They leave so the Oracle has time to anwer the question.
3. What happens to Marshall following the attack on April?
(a) He becomes the neighborhood hero.
(b) He is grounded.
(c) The alley by Egypt is named after him.
(d) He is featured in an article in a newspaper.
4. What happens that allows Melanie and April to return to Egypt?
(a) The children promise never to go outside alone.
(b) Caroline agrees to be a chaperone.
(c) The neighborhood begins to relax.
(d) A suspect is found.
5. What happens when April and Marshall leave Egypt after visiting at night?
(a) Someone grabs April as she leaves Egypt.
(b) They see a shadow lurking in the distance.
(c) Marshall starts crying.
(d) A car drives down the alley.
6. What does the Professor give April when she visits him at his store during Christmas break?
(a) A figurine.
(b) Two objects that belonged to his wife.
(c) A small replica of an Egyptian mummy.
(d) A book about Egypt.
7. Who is the second Egyptian to pose a question to Thoth?
8. What is Toby concerned about when he confides in April and Melanie?
(a) He is not the only one who is rearranging the items in the temple.
(b) He does not have an answer to Marshall's question.
(c) He has not taken any of the missing items.
(d) He is worried that they will tell the others.
9. What does April find when she takes the piece of paper from Thoth's beak?
(a) The paper is in the same condition as it was left.
(b) An answer to Ken's question.
(c) There is another piece of paper in its place.
(d) Someone has crumpled it.
10. How does the Oracle of Thoth work?
(a) The priest or priestess pretends to fall into a trance and answer questions.
(b) Someone leaves a question to be answered in Thoth's beak.
(c) There is a festival.
(d) The Egyptians use Oracle bones to make soup.
11. What do Ken and Toby bring to Egypt after the children are permitted outside again?
(a) They bring scrolls they have been working on.
(b) They bring supplies for Set's altar.
(c) They bring snacks for everyone.
(d) They bring a drawing of Ra for the altar.
12. Why are the Egyptians unable to return to their game during Christmas break?
(a) The temple has been dismantled.
(b) There is a new board on the fence and they cannot enter.
(c) They are grounded.
(d) There is a new lock on the gate.
13. What do Ken and Toby tell their basketball friends about why they have been absent from the game?
(a) They have an after-school job.
(b) They have been grounded since Halloween.
(c) They have to help a neighbor after school.
(d) They are working on an extra credit project for school.
14. What do the intruders think about their intrusion?
(a) They think it is enjoyable for everyone.
(b) They think it is funny.
(c) They think it is too scary.
(d) They think it is insensitive.
15. What do the Egyptians decide that the procession should have?
(a) Flowers and palms.
(c) A palanquin for Petey.
(d) The release of doves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the story the Egyptians create regarding the demise of Petey?
2. Who works at the Professor's store around the time of Christmas break?
3. What do the Egyptians give themselves for the purpose of writing notes?
4. What does Melanie suggest to Marshall about Security?
5. What do the Egyptians do after the first intruder lands in the storage yard?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)