|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Egyptians prepare for the Ceremony of Returning to the Oracle for the Answer?
(a) They plan a procession.
(b) They have a sacrifice.
(c) Melanie writes a poem.
(d) They wear costumes.
2. Who is selected to be the Oracle?
3. What is the inspiration for the Oracle ceremony?
(a) Elizabeth sees a television program that featured an Oracle.
(b) Toby, April, and Melanie learn about Oracles in class.
(c) April and Melanie read about Oracles at the library.
(d) It is a suggestion from Caroline.
4. What happens that allows Melanie and April to return to Egypt?
(a) The neighborhood begins to relax.
(b) A suspect is found.
(c) Caroline agrees to be a chaperone.
(d) The children promise never to go outside alone.
5. What is Toby's reaction to the Egypt Game?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is indifferent.
(c) He makes fun of the Egyptians.
(d) He is enthusiastic.
6. What happens to the remains of Petey's body?
(a) It is buried in a shoebox.
(b) It is mummified.
(c) It is placed on a homemade raft and set afloat in a creek.
(d) It is cremated.
7. What does April decide after she receives the item from her mother around Christmas time?
(a) She decides to live with her mother after the end of the school year.
(b) She writes a letter to her mother explaining that she will continue to live with Caroline.
(c) She declines to visit her mother.
(d) She plans to visit her mother.
8. What question remains after Marshall finds Security?
(a) Who took Security?
(b) Who returned Security?
(c) Who wrote the answer to Marshall's question?
(d) How could Marshall lose Security?
9. What is Toby concerned about when he confides in April and Melanie?
(a) He is not the only one who is rearranging the items in the temple.
(b) He is worried that they will tell the others.
(c) He does not have an answer to Marshall's question.
(d) He has not taken any of the missing items.
10. Who is not worried whether Security will be found?
11. Why do Marshall and April go to Egypt at night?
(a) Marshall lost Security again.
(b) Because Marshall did not get to go to Egypt on Halloween night.
(c) To retrieve April's math book.
(d) To perform the Oracle of Thoth.
12. What does Marshall notice while the others are performing the Ceremony of the Dead?
(a) There is someone in the alley.
(b) The crocodile stone is missing.
(c) The Professor is watching them.
(d) There is a storm rolling in.
13. What is Petey's Egyptian name?
(a) Prince Akhom-ho-tep.
(b) Prince Pete-ho-tep.
(c) Prince Ptah-haka.
(d) Prince Pete-herit.
14. What does April do when she visits the Professor at his store during Christmas break?
(a) She thanks him.
(b) She buys a teacup.
(c) She asks him to forgive her for saying negative things about him.
(d) She reprimands him.
15. Why is April babysitting Marshall?
(a) Because there was a death in the family.
(b) Because his parents and Elizabeth are going to a concert.
(c) Elizabeth is injured and in the emergency room at the hospital.
(d) Elizabeth's parents are taking her somewhere special for her birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ken and Toby bring to Egypt after the children are permitted outside again?
2. What do the intruders think about their intrusion?
3. What does Melanie suggest to Marshall about Security?
4. What is April's reaction to the intruders on Halloween night?
5. What is Toby's reaction to being in Egypt after the children are permitted outside again?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)