|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does April find when she takes the piece of paper from Thoth's beak?
(a) The paper is in the same condition as it was left.
(b) There is another piece of paper in its place.
(c) Someone has crumpled it.
(d) An answer to Ken's question.
2. Where is Security found?
(a) At Marshall's house.
(b) Under the statue of Set.
(c) At nursery school.
(d) At a lost and found.
3. Whom does Marshall tell April is the person who attacked her?
(a) The man who pushes the broom at the library.
(b) The man at Woolworth's who puts boxes on shelves.
(c) The man at Schmitt's variety store that carries things around.
(d) The cashier at the A & P grocery store.
4. What happens when April and Marshall leave Egypt after visiting at night?
(a) They see a shadow lurking in the distance.
(b) A car drives down the alley.
(c) Marshall starts crying.
(d) Someone grabs April as she leaves Egypt.
5. Who performs the Ceremony of Returning to the Oracle for the Answer?
6. Who is selected to be the Oracle?
7. What happens when neighbors open their windows while April and Marshall are leaving Egypt at night?
(a) Marshall cries even louder.
(b) April is released.
(c) They ask April and Marshall what they are doing in the alley at night.
(d) April and Marshall run back to the apartment.
8. What is Toby's reaction to the Egypt Game?
(a) He is enthusiastic.
(b) He is indifferent.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He makes fun of the Egyptians.
9. In what temple will the Ceremony of the Dead be held?
(a) The Ka temple.
(b) The temple of Akhet-Aten.
(c) The temple of Anubis.
(d) The hypostyle hall.
10. What happens that allows Melanie and April to return to Egypt?
(a) Caroline agrees to be a chaperone.
(b) The neighborhood begins to relax.
(c) The children promise never to go outside alone.
(d) A suspect is found.
11. What does Marshall tell the police that the Professor did that night when he and April left Egypt?
(a) He yelled for help.
(b) He did nothing to help them.
(c) He ran out into the yard.
(d) He watched from his window.
12. Who is not worried whether Security will be found?
13. What do the Egyptians name the owl's head now perched on Set's altar?
14. Whom does April think is responsible for the answer, when she takes the paper from Thoth's beak?
(a) A stranger.
(b) One of their classmates.
(c) One of the other Egyptians.
(d) The Professor.
15. Who presides over the Oracle of Thoth ceremony?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Security missing?
2. What do Ken and Toby tell their basketball friends about why they have been absent from the game?
3. How is Toby able to come and go easily from home?
4. What is Petey's Egyptian name?
5. What is April's reaction to the intruders on Halloween night?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)