|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Toby get in trouble on Halloween night?
(a) He returns home too late.
(b) He leaves the safety of the group.
(c) He lost his house keys.
(d) His costume is squashed.
2. How does the Oracle of Thoth work?
(a) Someone leaves a question to be answered in Thoth's beak.
(b) The Egyptians use Oracle bones to make soup.
(c) The priest or priestess pretends to fall into a trance and answer questions.
(d) There is a festival.
3. How is Toby able to come and go easily from home?
(a) He sneaks out of the house while his parents are asleep.
(b) He always tells his parents he is at Ken's house.
(c) He tells his parents he is checking in on his grandmother.
(d) His parents are frequently gone in the evenings.
4. Why are the Egyptians unable to return to their game during Christmas break?
(a) There is a new lock on the gate.
(b) They are grounded.
(c) The temple has been dismantled.
(d) There is a new board on the fence and they cannot enter.
5. What does Marshall notice while the others are performing the Ceremony of the Dead?
(a) There is a storm rolling in.
(b) The Professor is watching them.
(c) The crocodile stone is missing.
(d) There is someone in the alley.
6. Why is April babysitting Marshall?
(a) Because his parents and Elizabeth are going to a concert.
(b) Because there was a death in the family.
(c) Elizabeth's parents are taking her somewhere special for her birthday.
(d) Elizabeth is injured and in the emergency room at the hospital.
7. What happens to Elizabeth's pet parakeet, Petey?
(a) It flies away.
(b) It gets sick and dies.
(c) It is killed by a cat.
(d) It is sold to an old woman in the neighborhood.
8. What is Petey's Egyptian name?
(a) Prince Pete-herit.
(b) Prince Ptah-haka.
(c) Prince Akhom-ho-tep.
(d) Prince Pete-ho-tep.
9. What is Toby's reaction to being in Egypt after the children are permitted outside again?
(a) He is energized.
(b) He becomes bored.
(c) He is overzealous.
(d) He is belligerent.
10. Whom does April think is responsible for the answer, when she takes the paper from Thoth's beak?
(a) One of the other Egyptians.
(b) One of their classmates.
(c) The Professor.
(d) A stranger.
11. What is the story the Egyptians create regarding the demise of Petey?
(a) Petey was killed by his brother.
(b) Petey had fallen in battle.
(c) Petey was poisoned by servants.
(d) Petey was killed by a rival Pharaoh.
12. What do the Egyptians do after the first intruder lands in the storage yard?
(a) They scatter.
(b) They attack the intruder.
(c) They hang to each other in panic.
(d) They throw things at the intruder.
13. What is Ken's reaction to the Egypt Game?
(a) He is indifferent.
(b) He makes fun of the Egyptians.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is enthusiastic.
14. What is the inspiration for the Oracle ceremony?
(a) Toby, April, and Melanie learn about Oracles in class.
(b) It is a suggestion from Caroline.
(c) Elizabeth sees a television program that featured an Oracle.
(d) April and Melanie read about Oracles at the library.
15. What do the intruders think about their intrusion?
(a) They think it is too scary.
(b) They think it is enjoyable for everyone.
(c) They think it is funny.
(d) They think it is insensitive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is April's reaction to the intruders on Halloween night?
2. What does Melanie suggest to Marshall about Security?
3. What happens when neighbors open their windows while April and Marshall are leaving Egypt at night?
4. How do the Egyptians prepare for the Ceremony of Returning to the Oracle for the Answer?
5. What does April receive from her mother around Christmas time?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)