|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does April think is responsible for the answer, when she takes the paper from Thoth's beak?
(a) The Professor.
(b) One of the other Egyptians.
(c) A stranger.
(d) One of their classmates.
2. Who presides over the Oracle of Thoth ceremony?
3. Why does everyone think something strange is going on in Egypt?
(a) Everything has been rearranged.
(b) Someone also answered April's question.
(c) A few of the Egyptians mention seeing a shadow lurking on the outskirts of Egypt.
(d) It appears that someone has been performing ceremonies while the Egyptians are not there.
4. In what temple will the Ceremony of the Dead be held?
(a) The hypostyle hall.
(b) The temple of Akhet-Aten.
(c) The temple of Anubis.
(d) The Ka temple.
5. What is the story the Egyptians create regarding the demise of Petey?
(a) Petey was killed by a rival Pharaoh.
(b) Petey had fallen in battle.
(c) Petey was killed by his brother.
(d) Petey was poisoned by servants.
6. What do the intruders think about their intrusion?
(a) They think it is funny.
(b) They think it is enjoyable for everyone.
(c) They think it is insensitive.
(d) They think it is too scary.
7. How is Toby able to come and go easily from home?
(a) He always tells his parents he is at Ken's house.
(b) His parents are frequently gone in the evenings.
(c) He sneaks out of the house while his parents are asleep.
(d) He tells his parents he is checking in on his grandmother.
8. What do the Egyptians do after the first intruder lands in the storage yard?
(a) They scatter.
(b) They hang to each other in panic.
(c) They attack the intruder.
(d) They throw things at the intruder.
9. What does April receive from her mother around Christmas time?
(a) A card inviting April to spend part of her vacation with her in Palm Springs.
(b) A letter inviting April to return to live with her.
(c) A letter explaining that April will never be able to live with her again.
(d) A post card telling April she is having a wonderful vacation in Mexico.
10. What happens to Elizabeth's pet parakeet, Petey?
(a) It flies away.
(b) It is killed by a cat.
(c) It gets sick and dies.
(d) It is sold to an old woman in the neighborhood.
11. What is Petey's Egyptian name?
(a) Prince Pete-ho-tep.
(b) Prince Pete-herit.
(c) Prince Akhom-ho-tep.
(d) Prince Ptah-haka.
12. Who is the first participant in the Oracle of Thoth?
13. What does the Professor give April when she visits him at his store during Christmas break?
(a) A small replica of an Egyptian mummy.
(b) Two objects that belonged to his wife.
(c) A figurine.
(d) A book about Egypt.
14. Who performs the Ceremony of Returning to the Oracle for the Answer?
15. What question remains after Marshall finds Security?
(a) Who returned Security?
(b) Who wrote the answer to Marshall's question?
(c) How could Marshall lose Security?
(d) Who took Security?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when neighbors open their windows while April and Marshall are leaving Egypt at night?
2. Who works at the Professor's store around the time of Christmas break?
3. What do Ken and Toby tell their basketball friends about why they have been absent from the game?
4. What is April's reaction to the intruders on Halloween night?
5. What do the Egyptians give themselves for the purpose of writing notes?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)