|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when April and Marshall leave Egypt after visiting at night?
(a) They see a shadow lurking in the distance.
(b) Someone grabs April as she leaves Egypt.
(c) A car drives down the alley.
(d) Marshall starts crying.
2. Who is not worried whether Security will be found?
3. Who insists that there should be no changes in the Egypt Game?
(a) April and Melanie.
(b) Elizabeth and Ken.
(c) April and Toby.
(d) Toby and Marshall.
4. What is April's reaction to the intruders on Halloween night?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She cries.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She is speechless.
5. Who is selected to be the Oracle?
6. What do the Egyptians do after the Oracle of Thoth is performed?
(a) The do Oracle of Thoth chants.
(b) They record the ceremony in the scrolls.
(c) They perform the closing ritual.
(d) They leave so the Oracle has time to anwer the question.
7. What happens to the remains of Petey's body?
(a) It is cremated.
(b) It is mummified.
(c) It is buried in a shoebox.
(d) It is placed on a homemade raft and set afloat in a creek.
8. Whom does April think is responsible for the answer, when she takes the paper from Thoth's beak?
(a) The Professor.
(b) One of their classmates.
(c) One of the other Egyptians.
(d) A stranger.
9. What happens when neighbors open their windows while April and Marshall are leaving Egypt at night?
(a) Marshall cries even louder.
(b) They ask April and Marshall what they are doing in the alley at night.
(c) April and Marshall run back to the apartment.
(d) April is released.
10. Why is Security missing?
(a) The Egyptians left in such a rush that everyone forgot about Security.
(b) Marshall took a bus ride with his mother and left it on the bus.
(c) Marshall gave it to Elizabeth, who forgot what she did with it.
(d) Marshall brought it to nursery school, and he left it there by accident.
11. Why does Toby get in trouble on Halloween night?
(a) His costume is squashed.
(b) He leaves the safety of the group.
(c) He lost his house keys.
(d) He returns home too late.
12. What is Toby's reaction to the Egypt Game?
(a) He makes fun of the Egyptians.
(b) He is indifferent.
(c) He is enthusiastic.
(d) He is confused.
13. How do the Egyptians prepare for the Ceremony of Returning to the Oracle for the Answer?
(a) They plan a procession.
(b) They have a sacrifice.
(c) They wear costumes.
(d) Melanie writes a poem.
14. Why does Toby want to finish the hieroglyph alphabet?
(a) So they can use it to record the events in Egypt.
(b) So they can decorate the temple with the hieroglyphs.
(c) It can be used for secret notes.
(d) He hates to leave any task unfinished.
15. What is Toby concerned about when he confides in April and Melanie?
(a) He is worried that they will tell the others.
(b) He is not the only one who is rearranging the items in the temple.
(c) He does not have an answer to Marshall's question.
(d) He has not taken any of the missing items.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Egyptians decide that the procession should have?
2. Why do Marshall and April go to Egypt at night?
3. What does Toby confide to April and Melanie?
4. What does April hear while they are leaving Egypt at night?
5. What does Toby experience the last time he visits Egypt alone?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)