|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Egyptians think they should do because strange things are occurring in Egypt?
(a) Quit playing the Egypt Game.
(b) Create a new game.
(c) Have shifts of someone keeping a watch over Egypt.
(d) Relocate Egypt.
2. Who is not worried whether Security will be found?
3. Whom does April think is responsible for the answer, when she takes the paper from Thoth's beak?
(a) One of the other Egyptians.
(b) The Professor.
(c) A stranger.
(d) One of their classmates.
4. What do Ken and Toby bring to Egypt after the children are permitted outside again?
(a) They bring snacks for everyone.
(b) They bring scrolls they have been working on.
(c) They bring a drawing of Ra for the altar.
(d) They bring supplies for Set's altar.
5. Who is the second Egyptian to pose a question to Thoth?
6. What does the Professor give April when she visits him at his store during Christmas break?
(a) A small replica of an Egyptian mummy.
(b) A figurine.
(c) A book about Egypt.
(d) Two objects that belonged to his wife.
7. What is Elizabeth's solution regarding what to do with the intruders?
(a) She asks them to join the Egypt Game.
(b) She suggests they create a new game with the intruders.
(c) She suggests they tell the intruders about the Egypt Game.
(d) She thinks they should be punished.
8. What do the Egyptians decide that the procession should have?
(b) Flowers and palms.
(c) A palanquin for Petey.
(d) The release of doves.
9. What news does April receive in a letter from her mother?
(a) She is married, so April cannot come home.
(b) She is singing more now, in hopes of getting a recording career.
(c) She lands a part in a Hollywood movie.
(d) She thinks April should be able to return to Hollywood soon.
10. What does Melanie suggest to Marshall about Security?
(a) That Security is safe in Egypt.
(b) Someone probably turned it in at a lost and found.
(c) That Security would turn up somewhere.
(d) That perhaps he left Security at nursery school.
11. What is the inspiration for the Oracle ceremony?
(a) Elizabeth sees a television program that featured an Oracle.
(b) Toby, April, and Melanie learn about Oracles in class.
(c) It is a suggestion from Caroline.
(d) April and Melanie read about Oracles at the library.
12. What does April hear while they are leaving Egypt at night?
(a) A loud crash.
(b) The sound of an alley cat yowling.
(c) The sound of glass breaking and a voice calling for help.
(d) Someone screaming.
13. What is Toby's reaction to the Egypt Game?
(a) He is indifferent.
(b) He makes fun of the Egyptians.
(c) He is enthusiastic.
(d) He is confused.
14. What is the story the Egyptians create regarding the demise of Petey?
(a) Petey was killed by a rival Pharaoh.
(b) Petey was killed by his brother.
(c) Petey had fallen in battle.
(d) Petey was poisoned by servants.
15. Why are the Egyptians unable to return to their game during Christmas break?
(a) There is a new board on the fence and they cannot enter.
(b) The temple has been dismantled.
(c) There is a new lock on the gate.
(d) They are grounded.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is selected to be the Oracle?
2. What do the Egyptians do after the Oracle of Thoth is performed?
3. Why does everyone think something strange is going on in Egypt?
4. In what temple will the Ceremony of the Dead be held?
5. What does April do when she visits the Professor at his store during Christmas break?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)