|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Egyptians name the owl's head now perched on Set's altar?
2. In what temple will the Ceremony of the Dead be held?
(a) The hypostyle hall.
(b) The temple of Akhet-Aten.
(c) The temple of Anubis.
(d) The Ka temple.
3. What do the Egyptians decide that the procession should have?
(a) A palanquin for Petey.
(b) Flowers and palms.
(d) The release of doves.
4. What is Toby's reaction to the Egypt Game?
(a) He is enthusiastic.
(b) He makes fun of the Egyptians.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is indifferent.
5. What is April's reaction to the intruders on Halloween night?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She is speechless.
(c) She cries.
(d) She is angry.
6. What does Toby experience the last time he visits Egypt alone?
(a) He hears a spooky noise.
(b) An overwhelming feeling of loneliness.
(c) He has an inspiration for a new ceremony.
(d) The sensation that there is someone in the alley behind him.
7. What does April find when she takes the piece of paper from Thoth's beak?
(a) There is another piece of paper in its place.
(b) The paper is in the same condition as it was left.
(c) An answer to Ken's question.
(d) Someone has crumpled it.
8. Who presides over the Oracle of Thoth ceremony?
9. Why do Marshall and April go to Egypt at night?
(a) To perform the Oracle of Thoth.
(b) To retrieve April's math book.
(c) Because Marshall did not get to go to Egypt on Halloween night.
(d) Marshall lost Security again.
10. What do the Egyptians think they should do because strange things are occurring in Egypt?
(a) Have shifts of someone keeping a watch over Egypt.
(b) Relocate Egypt.
(c) Quit playing the Egypt Game.
(d) Create a new game.
11. Whom does Marshall tell April is the person who attacked her?
(a) The man who pushes the broom at the library.
(b) The cashier at the A & P grocery store.
(c) The man at Woolworth's who puts boxes on shelves.
(d) The man at Schmitt's variety store that carries things around.
12. What is the inspiration for the Oracle ceremony?
(a) Toby, April, and Melanie learn about Oracles in class.
(b) April and Melanie read about Oracles at the library.
(c) It is a suggestion from Caroline.
(d) Elizabeth sees a television program that featured an Oracle.
13. What does April decide after she receives the item from her mother around Christmas time?
(a) She plans to visit her mother.
(b) She declines to visit her mother.
(c) She decides to live with her mother after the end of the school year.
(d) She writes a letter to her mother explaining that she will continue to live with Caroline.
14. What do Ken and Toby ask April and Melanie after they learn about the Egypt Game?
(a) They ask if they can invite other kids to play.
(b) They ask if they can make objects for the temple.
(c) They ask if they can create a new game together.
(d) They ask when the game will begin again.
15. What happens that allows Melanie and April to return to Egypt?
(a) The neighborhood begins to relax.
(b) Caroline agrees to be a chaperone.
(c) A suspect is found.
(d) The children promise never to go outside alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Security found?
2. What do the Egyptians do after Marshall's question is answered?
3. Why does everyone think something strange is going on in Egypt?
4. What is Toby concerned about when he confides in April and Melanie?
5. What do the Egyptians give themselves for the purpose of writing notes?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)