|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Egyptians decide that the procession should have?
(a) A palanquin for Petey.
(c) The release of doves.
(d) Flowers and palms.
2. Why does everyone think something strange is going on in Egypt?
(a) Someone also answered April's question.
(b) A few of the Egyptians mention seeing a shadow lurking on the outskirts of Egypt.
(c) Everything has been rearranged.
(d) It appears that someone has been performing ceremonies while the Egyptians are not there.
3. What do April and Melanie think will happen with the boys' involvement in the Egypt Game?
(a) That the boys will try to take over the game.
(b) That they will become active participants in the game.
(c) That they will grow tired of the game and stop playing.
(d) That other kids will become interested in playing the game with them.
4. Why are the Egyptians unable to return to their game during Christmas break?
(a) The temple has been dismantled.
(b) There is a new board on the fence and they cannot enter.
(c) There is a new lock on the gate.
(d) They are grounded.
5. Why does Marshall apologize to April?
(a) Because he did not cooperate with her.
(b) Because he dropped her math book, and she still does not have it.
(c) Because he kept crying.
(d) Because he was not able to help her.
6. What news does April receive in a letter from her mother?
(a) She thinks April should be able to return to Hollywood soon.
(b) She is married, so April cannot come home.
(c) She lands a part in a Hollywood movie.
(d) She is singing more now, in hopes of getting a recording career.
7. In what temple will the Ceremony of the Dead be held?
(a) The temple of Anubis.
(b) The Ka temple.
(c) The hypostyle hall.
(d) The temple of Akhet-Aten.
8. What is Elizabeth's solution regarding what to do with the intruders?
(a) She suggests they tell the intruders about the Egypt Game.
(b) She suggests they create a new game with the intruders.
(c) She thinks they should be punished.
(d) She asks them to join the Egypt Game.
9. Who insists that there should be no changes in the Egypt Game?
(a) Toby and Marshall.
(b) April and Melanie.
(c) April and Toby.
(d) Elizabeth and Ken.
10. What is Petey's Egyptian name?
(a) Prince Pete-herit.
(b) Prince Ptah-haka.
(c) Prince Pete-ho-tep.
(d) Prince Akhom-ho-tep.
11. Why do Marshall and April go to Egypt at night?
(a) To retrieve April's math book.
(b) Marshall lost Security again.
(c) Because Marshall did not get to go to Egypt on Halloween night.
(d) To perform the Oracle of Thoth.
12. Whom does April think is responsible for the answer, when she takes the paper from Thoth's beak?
(a) One of the other Egyptians.
(b) One of their classmates.
(c) A stranger.
(d) The Professor.
13. What do Ken and Toby tell their basketball friends about why they have been absent from the game?
(a) They are working on an extra credit project for school.
(b) They have to help a neighbor after school.
(c) They have been grounded since Halloween.
(d) They have an after-school job.
14. What is the story the Egyptians create regarding the demise of Petey?
(a) Petey was poisoned by servants.
(b) Petey had fallen in battle.
(c) Petey was killed by a rival Pharaoh.
(d) Petey was killed by his brother.
15. What does April hear while they are leaving Egypt at night?
(a) Someone screaming.
(b) The sound of an alley cat yowling.
(c) A loud crash.
(d) The sound of glass breaking and a voice calling for help.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Egyptians think they should do because strange things are occurring in Egypt?
2. What does the Professor give April when she visits him at his store during Christmas break?
3. What happens to Marshall following the attack on April?
4. What do Ken and Toby bring to Egypt after the children are permitted outside again?
5. Who presides over the Oracle of Thoth ceremony?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)