|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ken's reaction to the Egypt Game?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is enthusiastic.
(c) He is indifferent.
(d) He makes fun of the Egyptians.
2. Why does Marshall apologize to April?
(a) Because he kept crying.
(b) Because he did not cooperate with her.
(c) Because he dropped her math book, and she still does not have it.
(d) Because he was not able to help her.
3. What is Toby concerned about when he confides in April and Melanie?
(a) He does not have an answer to Marshall's question.
(b) He has not taken any of the missing items.
(c) He is worried that they will tell the others.
(d) He is not the only one who is rearranging the items in the temple.
4. What do the Egyptians name the owl's head now perched on Set's altar?
5. What do the Egyptians do after the Oracle of Thoth is performed?
(a) They record the ceremony in the scrolls.
(b) They perform the closing ritual.
(c) They leave so the Oracle has time to anwer the question.
(d) The do Oracle of Thoth chants.
6. What does Toby confide to April and Melanie?
(a) He does not want to stop playing the Egypt Game because it is a refuge from his homelife.
(b) He has been writing the answers to the questions posed to the Oracle.
(c) He goes to Egypt to perform ceremonies alone.
(d) He has been writing in the scrolls.
7. What is April's reaction to the intruders on Halloween night?
(a) She is speechless.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She cries.
8. What does April do when she visits the Professor at his store during Christmas break?
(a) She buys a teacup.
(b) She asks him to forgive her for saying negative things about him.
(c) She reprimands him.
(d) She thanks him.
9. Why does Toby want to finish the hieroglyph alphabet?
(a) So they can decorate the temple with the hieroglyphs.
(b) It can be used for secret notes.
(c) So they can use it to record the events in Egypt.
(d) He hates to leave any task unfinished.
10. What does April decide after she receives the item from her mother around Christmas time?
(a) She plans to visit her mother.
(b) She writes a letter to her mother explaining that she will continue to live with Caroline.
(c) She declines to visit her mother.
(d) She decides to live with her mother after the end of the school year.
11. What is the story the Egyptians create regarding the demise of Petey?
(a) Petey was killed by his brother.
(b) Petey had fallen in battle.
(c) Petey was killed by a rival Pharaoh.
(d) Petey was poisoned by servants.
12. Why does Toby get in trouble on Halloween night?
(a) He leaves the safety of the group.
(b) He returns home too late.
(c) His costume is squashed.
(d) He lost his house keys.
13. What happens to Marshall following the attack on April?
(a) The alley by Egypt is named after him.
(b) He becomes the neighborhood hero.
(c) He is grounded.
(d) He is featured in an article in a newspaper.
14. What is Toby's reaction to the Egypt Game?
(a) He is indifferent.
(b) He is enthusiastic.
(c) He makes fun of the Egyptians.
(d) He is confused.
15. How is Toby able to come and go easily from home?
(a) He always tells his parents he is at Ken's house.
(b) He sneaks out of the house while his parents are asleep.
(c) He tells his parents he is checking in on his grandmother.
(d) His parents are frequently gone in the evenings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Elizabeth's solution regarding what to do with the intruders?
2. Whom does Marshall tell April is the person who attacked her?
3. Why do the Egyptians have to leave Egypt immediately after the second Ceremony of Presenting the Question to the Oracle?
4. In what temple will the Ceremony of the Dead be held?
5. What does April find when she takes the piece of paper from Thoth's beak?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)