|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Egyptians decide that the procession should have?
(a) A palanquin for Petey.
(c) Flowers and palms.
(d) The release of doves.
2. What do April and Melanie think will happen with the boys' involvement in the Egypt Game?
(a) That other kids will become interested in playing the game with them.
(b) That they will become active participants in the game.
(c) That they will grow tired of the game and stop playing.
(d) That the boys will try to take over the game.
3. Why do Marshall and April go to Egypt at night?
(a) Because Marshall did not get to go to Egypt on Halloween night.
(b) To perform the Oracle of Thoth.
(c) To retrieve April's math book.
(d) Marshall lost Security again.
4. Who is the first participant in the Oracle of Thoth?
5. What news does April receive in a letter from her mother?
(a) She thinks April should be able to return to Hollywood soon.
(b) She lands a part in a Hollywood movie.
(c) She is married, so April cannot come home.
(d) She is singing more now, in hopes of getting a recording career.
6. What is Toby's reaction to the Egypt Game?
(a) He is enthusiastic.
(b) He makes fun of the Egyptians.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is indifferent.
7. What is Elizabeth's solution regarding what to do with the intruders?
(a) She suggests they tell the intruders about the Egypt Game.
(b) She asks them to join the Egypt Game.
(c) She suggests they create a new game with the intruders.
(d) She thinks they should be punished.
8. Who is selected to be the Oracle?
9. What do Ken and Toby tell their basketball friends about why they have been absent from the game?
(a) They have been grounded since Halloween.
(b) They have an after-school job.
(c) They have to help a neighbor after school.
(d) They are working on an extra credit project for school.
10. What happens when neighbors open their windows while April and Marshall are leaving Egypt at night?
(a) Marshall cries even louder.
(b) April is released.
(c) They ask April and Marshall what they are doing in the alley at night.
(d) April and Marshall run back to the apartment.
11. What is April's reaction to the intruders on Halloween night?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She cries.
(c) She is speechless.
(d) She laughs.
12. What do the intruders think about their intrusion?
(a) They think it is enjoyable for everyone.
(b) They think it is funny.
(c) They think it is too scary.
(d) They think it is insensitive.
13. What do the Egyptians do after Marshall's question is answered?
(a) They stop conducting ceremonies.
(b) They try to unravel the mystery.
(c) They ask another question to see what happens.
(d) They accuse each other of writing the answer.
14. What does April receive from her mother around Christmas time?
(a) A card inviting April to spend part of her vacation with her in Palm Springs.
(b) A letter inviting April to return to live with her.
(c) A post card telling April she is having a wonderful vacation in Mexico.
(d) A letter explaining that April will never be able to live with her again.
15. What does Toby experience the last time he visits Egypt alone?
(a) He hears a spooky noise.
(b) The sensation that there is someone in the alley behind him.
(c) He has an inspiration for a new ceremony.
(d) An overwhelming feeling of loneliness.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Oracle of Thoth work?
2. Why does Toby get in trouble on Halloween night?
3. What does April do when she visits the Professor at his store during Christmas break?
4. Who performs the Ceremony of Returning to the Oracle for the Answer?
5. What is Petey's Egyptian name?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)