|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does everyone think something strange is going on in Egypt?
(a) A few of the Egyptians mention seeing a shadow lurking on the outskirts of Egypt.
(b) It appears that someone has been performing ceremonies while the Egyptians are not there.
(c) Everything has been rearranged.
(d) Someone also answered April's question.
2. What is Toby concerned about when he confides in April and Melanie?
(a) He is worried that they will tell the others.
(b) He is not the only one who is rearranging the items in the temple.
(c) He has not taken any of the missing items.
(d) He does not have an answer to Marshall's question.
3. What is Elizabeth's solution regarding what to do with the intruders?
(a) She suggests they create a new game with the intruders.
(b) She thinks they should be punished.
(c) She suggests they tell the intruders about the Egypt Game.
(d) She asks them to join the Egypt Game.
4. What does April receive from her mother around Christmas time?
(a) A letter inviting April to return to live with her.
(b) A letter explaining that April will never be able to live with her again.
(c) A post card telling April she is having a wonderful vacation in Mexico.
(d) A card inviting April to spend part of her vacation with her in Palm Springs.
5. What does Marshall tell the police that the Professor did that night when he and April left Egypt?
(a) He watched from his window.
(b) He did nothing to help them.
(c) He yelled for help.
(d) He ran out into the yard.
6. What happens when neighbors open their windows while April and Marshall are leaving Egypt at night?
(a) April is released.
(b) Marshall cries even louder.
(c) April and Marshall run back to the apartment.
(d) They ask April and Marshall what they are doing in the alley at night.
7. What does Marshall do when the police officers ask him questions about the attack on April?
(a) The session exceeds his attention span and he gets fidgety.
(b) He answers the questions.
(c) He starts to cry.
(d) He asks questions but does not answer theirs.
8. Why does Marshall apologize to April?
(a) Because he dropped her math book, and she still does not have it.
(b) Because he did not cooperate with her.
(c) Because he was not able to help her.
(d) Because he kept crying.
9. What is the inspiration for the Oracle ceremony?
(a) Elizabeth sees a television program that featured an Oracle.
(b) Toby, April, and Melanie learn about Oracles in class.
(c) It is a suggestion from Caroline.
(d) April and Melanie read about Oracles at the library.
10. What do the Egyptians decide that the procession should have?
(b) A palanquin for Petey.
(c) Flowers and palms.
(d) The release of doves.
11. Where is Security found?
(a) At a lost and found.
(b) At nursery school.
(c) At Marshall's house.
(d) Under the statue of Set.
12. What does April decide after she receives the item from her mother around Christmas time?
(a) She plans to visit her mother.
(b) She decides to live with her mother after the end of the school year.
(c) She declines to visit her mother.
(d) She writes a letter to her mother explaining that she will continue to live with Caroline.
13. What happens when April and Marshall leave Egypt after visiting at night?
(a) They see a shadow lurking in the distance.
(b) A car drives down the alley.
(c) Marshall starts crying.
(d) Someone grabs April as she leaves Egypt.
14. What does April hear while they are leaving Egypt at night?
(a) The sound of glass breaking and a voice calling for help.
(b) Someone screaming.
(c) The sound of an alley cat yowling.
(d) A loud crash.
15. How is Toby able to come and go easily from home?
(a) He tells his parents he is checking in on his grandmother.
(b) His parents are frequently gone in the evenings.
(c) He sneaks out of the house while his parents are asleep.
(d) He always tells his parents he is at Ken's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Egyptians do after Marshall's question is answered?
2. What news does April receive in a letter from her mother?
3. What happens to the man who hurts April?
4. What is the story the Egyptians create regarding the demise of Petey?
5. What happens to the remains of Petey's body?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)