|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Toby confide to April and Melanie?
(a) He does not want to stop playing the Egypt Game because it is a refuge from his homelife.
(b) He has been writing the answers to the questions posed to the Oracle.
(c) He goes to Egypt to perform ceremonies alone.
(d) He has been writing in the scrolls.
2. What does April hear while they are leaving Egypt at night?
(a) Someone screaming.
(b) The sound of glass breaking and a voice calling for help.
(c) A loud crash.
(d) The sound of an alley cat yowling.
3. What does April decide after she receives the item from her mother around Christmas time?
(a) She decides to live with her mother after the end of the school year.
(b) She plans to visit her mother.
(c) She declines to visit her mother.
(d) She writes a letter to her mother explaining that she will continue to live with Caroline.
4. What happens when April and Marshall leave Egypt after visiting at night?
(a) Marshall starts crying.
(b) Someone grabs April as she leaves Egypt.
(c) They see a shadow lurking in the distance.
(d) A car drives down the alley.
5. Why are the Egyptians unable to return to their game during Christmas break?
(a) There is a new board on the fence and they cannot enter.
(b) The temple has been dismantled.
(c) There is a new lock on the gate.
(d) They are grounded.
6. What happens when neighbors open their windows while April and Marshall are leaving Egypt at night?
(a) They ask April and Marshall what they are doing in the alley at night.
(b) Marshall cries even louder.
(c) April and Marshall run back to the apartment.
(d) April is released.
7. What is Ken's reaction to the Egypt Game?
(a) He is indifferent.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is enthusiastic.
(d) He makes fun of the Egyptians.
8. Why does Toby want to finish the hieroglyph alphabet?
(a) It can be used for secret notes.
(b) So they can use it to record the events in Egypt.
(c) He hates to leave any task unfinished.
(d) So they can decorate the temple with the hieroglyphs.
9. What do Ken and Toby bring to Egypt after the children are permitted outside again?
(a) They bring snacks for everyone.
(b) They bring supplies for Set's altar.
(c) They bring a drawing of Ra for the altar.
(d) They bring scrolls they have been working on.
10. Who insists that there should be no changes in the Egypt Game?
(a) Toby and Marshall.
(b) April and Melanie.
(c) April and Toby.
(d) Elizabeth and Ken.
11. Who is selected to be the Oracle?
12. What does Toby experience the last time he visits Egypt alone?
(a) An overwhelming feeling of loneliness.
(b) He has an inspiration for a new ceremony.
(c) The sensation that there is someone in the alley behind him.
(d) He hears a spooky noise.
13. What is Toby concerned about when he confides in April and Melanie?
(a) He is worried that they will tell the others.
(b) He has not taken any of the missing items.
(c) He is not the only one who is rearranging the items in the temple.
(d) He does not have an answer to Marshall's question.
14. What do the Egyptians think they should do because strange things are occurring in Egypt?
(a) Relocate Egypt.
(b) Have shifts of someone keeping a watch over Egypt.
(c) Quit playing the Egypt Game.
(d) Create a new game.
15. What do the Egyptians do after the first intruder lands in the storage yard?
(a) They hang to each other in panic.
(b) They attack the intruder.
(c) They throw things at the intruder.
(d) They scatter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does April receive from her mother around Christmas time?
2. What does Melanie suggest to Marshall about Security?
3. Why is Security missing?
4. What do the Egyptians name the owl's head now perched on Set's altar?
5. What happens to the man who hurts April?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)