|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marshall do when the police officers ask him questions about the attack on April?
(a) He asks questions but does not answer theirs.
(b) The session exceeds his attention span and he gets fidgety.
(c) He starts to cry.
(d) He answers the questions.
2. What do the Egyptians name the owl's head now perched on Set's altar?
3. What is Toby's reaction to being in Egypt after the children are permitted outside again?
(a) He becomes bored.
(b) He is belligerent.
(c) He is energized.
(d) He is overzealous.
4. What do the Egyptians do after the first intruder lands in the storage yard?
(a) They hang to each other in panic.
(b) They scatter.
(c) They attack the intruder.
(d) They throw things at the intruder.
5. How does the Oracle of Thoth work?
(a) There is a festival.
(b) The Egyptians use Oracle bones to make soup.
(c) Someone leaves a question to be answered in Thoth's beak.
(d) The priest or priestess pretends to fall into a trance and answer questions.
6. What does Marshall notice while the others are performing the Ceremony of the Dead?
(a) There is a storm rolling in.
(b) The Professor is watching them.
(c) The crocodile stone is missing.
(d) There is someone in the alley.
7. What do the Egyptians decide that the procession should have?
(a) A palanquin for Petey.
(b) Flowers and palms.
(c) The release of doves.
8. What is April's reaction to the intruders on Halloween night?
(a) She is speechless.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She cries.
9. Why do Marshall and April go to Egypt at night?
(a) To retrieve April's math book.
(b) Because Marshall did not get to go to Egypt on Halloween night.
(c) Marshall lost Security again.
(d) To perform the Oracle of Thoth.
10. What happens to Elizabeth's pet parakeet, Petey?
(a) It is killed by a cat.
(b) It is sold to an old woman in the neighborhood.
(c) It gets sick and dies.
(d) It flies away.
11. Whom does Marshall tell April is the person who attacked her?
(a) The man at Schmitt's variety store that carries things around.
(b) The man at Woolworth's who puts boxes on shelves.
(c) The man who pushes the broom at the library.
(d) The cashier at the A & P grocery store.
12. Why does Toby want to finish the hieroglyph alphabet?
(a) So they can decorate the temple with the hieroglyphs.
(b) It can be used for secret notes.
(c) So they can use it to record the events in Egypt.
(d) He hates to leave any task unfinished.
13. Who is not worried whether Security will be found?
14. What is the story the Egyptians create regarding the demise of Petey?
(a) Petey was killed by his brother.
(b) Petey had fallen in battle.
(c) Petey was poisoned by servants.
(d) Petey was killed by a rival Pharaoh.
15. Who presides over the Oracle of Thoth ceremony?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does April find when she takes the piece of paper from Thoth's beak?
2. What news does April receive in a letter from her mother?
3. What happens when neighbors open their windows while April and Marshall are leaving Egypt at night?
4. Why is April babysitting Marshall?
5. How is Toby able to come and go easily from home?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)