|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who insists that there should be no changes in the Egypt Game?
(a) April and Toby.
(b) Toby and Marshall.
(c) April and Melanie.
(d) Elizabeth and Ken.
2. Why are the Egyptians unable to return to their game during Christmas break?
(a) They are grounded.
(b) There is a new lock on the gate.
(c) There is a new board on the fence and they cannot enter.
(d) The temple has been dismantled.
3. What does the Professor give April when she visits him at his store during Christmas break?
(a) A small replica of an Egyptian mummy.
(b) Two objects that belonged to his wife.
(c) A figurine.
(d) A book about Egypt.
4. Who presides over the Oracle of Thoth ceremony?
5. What question remains after Marshall finds Security?
(a) How could Marshall lose Security?
(b) Who returned Security?
(c) Who wrote the answer to Marshall's question?
(d) Who took Security?
6. In what temple will the Ceremony of the Dead be held?
(a) The temple of Akhet-Aten.
(b) The temple of Anubis.
(c) The hypostyle hall.
(d) The Ka temple.
7. What does Toby confide to April and Melanie?
(a) He does not want to stop playing the Egypt Game because it is a refuge from his homelife.
(b) He has been writing the answers to the questions posed to the Oracle.
(c) He has been writing in the scrolls.
(d) He goes to Egypt to perform ceremonies alone.
8. What happens to the remains of Petey's body?
(a) It is mummified.
(b) It is cremated.
(c) It is placed on a homemade raft and set afloat in a creek.
(d) It is buried in a shoebox.
9. Why do Marshall and April go to Egypt at night?
(a) To retrieve April's math book.
(b) Because Marshall did not get to go to Egypt on Halloween night.
(c) To perform the Oracle of Thoth.
(d) Marshall lost Security again.
10. What does April decide after she receives the item from her mother around Christmas time?
(a) She plans to visit her mother.
(b) She writes a letter to her mother explaining that she will continue to live with Caroline.
(c) She declines to visit her mother.
(d) She decides to live with her mother after the end of the school year.
11. What does April receive from her mother around Christmas time?
(a) A post card telling April she is having a wonderful vacation in Mexico.
(b) A letter inviting April to return to live with her.
(c) A letter explaining that April will never be able to live with her again.
(d) A card inviting April to spend part of her vacation with her in Palm Springs.
12. What is Elizabeth's solution regarding what to do with the intruders?
(a) She suggests they tell the intruders about the Egypt Game.
(b) She thinks they should be punished.
(c) She asks them to join the Egypt Game.
(d) She suggests they create a new game with the intruders.
13. What is Petey's Egyptian name?
(a) Prince Pete-ho-tep.
(b) Prince Ptah-haka.
(c) Prince Pete-herit.
(d) Prince Akhom-ho-tep.
14. What do the intruders think about their intrusion?
(a) They think it is funny.
(b) They think it is too scary.
(c) They think it is enjoyable for everyone.
(d) They think it is insensitive.
15. What do the Egyptians do after the first intruder lands in the storage yard?
(a) They attack the intruder.
(b) They hang to each other in panic.
(c) They throw things at the intruder.
(d) They scatter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the man who hurts April?
2. What happens that allows Melanie and April to return to Egypt?
3. What is the story the Egyptians create regarding the demise of Petey?
4. What is Toby's reaction to the Egypt Game?
5. What happens to Elizabeth's pet parakeet, Petey?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)