|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does April receive in a letter from her mother?
(a) She is singing more now, in hopes of getting a recording career.
(b) She thinks April should be able to return to Hollywood soon.
(c) She is married, so April cannot come home.
(d) She lands a part in a Hollywood movie.
2. Why does Toby get in trouble on Halloween night?
(a) He leaves the safety of the group.
(b) His costume is squashed.
(c) He returns home too late.
(d) He lost his house keys.
3. Who insists that there should be no changes in the Egypt Game?
(a) Toby and Marshall.
(b) April and Toby.
(c) April and Melanie.
(d) Elizabeth and Ken.
4. What is the inspiration for the Oracle ceremony?
(a) It is a suggestion from Caroline.
(b) April and Melanie read about Oracles at the library.
(c) Toby, April, and Melanie learn about Oracles in class.
(d) Elizabeth sees a television program that featured an Oracle.
5. What is April's reaction to the intruders on Halloween night?
(a) She is speechless.
(b) She cries.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She is angry.
6. What does April find when she takes the piece of paper from Thoth's beak?
(a) There is another piece of paper in its place.
(b) The paper is in the same condition as it was left.
(c) An answer to Ken's question.
(d) Someone has crumpled it.
7. Who is the second Egyptian to pose a question to Thoth?
8. What is Toby's reaction to the Egypt Game?
(a) He is indifferent.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He makes fun of the Egyptians.
(d) He is enthusiastic.
9. Whom does Marshall tell April is the person who attacked her?
(a) The cashier at the A & P grocery store.
(b) The man at Schmitt's variety store that carries things around.
(c) The man at Woolworth's who puts boxes on shelves.
(d) The man who pushes the broom at the library.
10. What happens to the man who hurts April?
(a) He is released.
(b) He is held in jail awaiting trial.
(c) He claims he is innocent ,and the judge assigns him community service.
(d) He is sentenced to a facility for the criminally insane.
11. What do the Egyptians decide that the procession should have?
(b) A palanquin for Petey.
(c) The release of doves.
(d) Flowers and palms.
12. What do Ken and Toby bring to Egypt after the children are permitted outside again?
(a) They bring snacks for everyone.
(b) They bring a drawing of Ra for the altar.
(c) They bring supplies for Set's altar.
(d) They bring scrolls they have been working on.
13. How is Toby able to come and go easily from home?
(a) He tells his parents he is checking in on his grandmother.
(b) He always tells his parents he is at Ken's house.
(c) He sneaks out of the house while his parents are asleep.
(d) His parents are frequently gone in the evenings.
14. Who presides over the Oracle of Thoth ceremony?
15. How does the Oracle of Thoth work?
(a) There is a festival.
(b) Someone leaves a question to be answered in Thoth's beak.
(c) The Egyptians use Oracle bones to make soup.
(d) The priest or priestess pretends to fall into a trance and answer questions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Elizabeth's pet parakeet, Petey?
2. How do the Egyptians prepare for the Ceremony of Returning to the Oracle for the Answer?
3. What does April hear while they are leaving Egypt at night?
4. Who is not worried whether Security will be found?
5. What happens to the remains of Petey's body?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)