|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Egyptians give themselves for the purpose of writing notes?
(a) A special color of ink for each Egyptian.
(b) A special color of paper for each Egyptian.
(c) Egyptian symbols.
(d) A special seal.
2. Why do Marshall and April go to Egypt at night?
(a) Marshall lost Security again.
(b) To retrieve April's math book.
(c) To perform the Oracle of Thoth.
(d) Because Marshall did not get to go to Egypt on Halloween night.
3. What happens when April and Marshall leave Egypt after visiting at night?
(a) A car drives down the alley.
(b) Marshall starts crying.
(c) They see a shadow lurking in the distance.
(d) Someone grabs April as she leaves Egypt.
4. What does Melanie suggest to Marshall about Security?
(a) That Security is safe in Egypt.
(b) That perhaps he left Security at nursery school.
(c) Someone probably turned it in at a lost and found.
(d) That Security would turn up somewhere.
5. What question remains after Marshall finds Security?
(a) Who took Security?
(b) Who wrote the answer to Marshall's question?
(c) How could Marshall lose Security?
(d) Who returned Security?
6. What do the Egyptians do after the Oracle of Thoth is performed?
(a) They record the ceremony in the scrolls.
(b) They perform the closing ritual.
(c) They leave so the Oracle has time to anwer the question.
(d) The do Oracle of Thoth chants.
7. Who works at the Professor's store around the time of Christmas break?
(a) Mrs. Ross.
(b) Mr. Bodler.
(c) The man with red hair and freckles.
(d) Mrs. Chung.
8. What is April's reaction to the intruders on Halloween night?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She is speechless.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She cries.
9. Why does Toby get in trouble on Halloween night?
(a) He leaves the safety of the group.
(b) He returns home too late.
(c) He lost his house keys.
(d) His costume is squashed.
10. In what temple will the Ceremony of the Dead be held?
(a) The hypostyle hall.
(b) The temple of Anubis.
(c) The Ka temple.
(d) The temple of Akhet-Aten.
11. What happens to the man who hurts April?
(a) He claims he is innocent ,and the judge assigns him community service.
(b) He is sentenced to a facility for the criminally insane.
(c) He is released.
(d) He is held in jail awaiting trial.
12. What is Toby's reaction to being in Egypt after the children are permitted outside again?
(a) He is belligerent.
(b) He becomes bored.
(c) He is energized.
(d) He is overzealous.
13. How do the Egyptians prepare for the Ceremony of Returning to the Oracle for the Answer?
(a) They plan a procession.
(b) Melanie writes a poem.
(c) They have a sacrifice.
(d) They wear costumes.
14. What do the intruders think about their intrusion?
(a) They think it is funny.
(b) They think it is too scary.
(c) They think it is insensitive.
(d) They think it is enjoyable for everyone.
15. How does the Oracle of Thoth work?
(a) There is a festival.
(b) The priest or priestess pretends to fall into a trance and answer questions.
(c) Someone leaves a question to be answered in Thoth's beak.
(d) The Egyptians use Oracle bones to make soup.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does April receive from her mother around Christmas time?
2. What does Toby confide to April and Melanie?
3. Who is not worried whether Security will be found?
4. What does Toby experience the last time he visits Egypt alone?
5. What is Toby's reaction to the Egypt Game?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)