|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Egyptians do after the Oracle of Thoth is performed?
(a) The do Oracle of Thoth chants.
(b) They record the ceremony in the scrolls.
(c) They leave so the Oracle has time to anwer the question.
(d) They perform the closing ritual.
2. How does the Oracle of Thoth work?
(a) There is a festival.
(b) The Egyptians use Oracle bones to make soup.
(c) Someone leaves a question to be answered in Thoth's beak.
(d) The priest or priestess pretends to fall into a trance and answer questions.
3. What does Marshall notice while the others are performing the Ceremony of the Dead?
(a) The crocodile stone is missing.
(b) There is someone in the alley.
(c) The Professor is watching them.
(d) There is a storm rolling in.
4. What do the Egyptians decide that the procession should have?
(b) The release of doves.
(c) Flowers and palms.
(d) A palanquin for Petey.
5. What do the Egyptians give themselves for the purpose of writing notes?
(a) A special color of paper for each Egyptian.
(b) A special seal.
(c) Egyptian symbols.
(d) A special color of ink for each Egyptian.
6. What happens to Marshall following the attack on April?
(a) He is grounded.
(b) He is featured in an article in a newspaper.
(c) He becomes the neighborhood hero.
(d) The alley by Egypt is named after him.
7. What does April find when she takes the piece of paper from Thoth's beak?
(a) An answer to Ken's question.
(b) Someone has crumpled it.
(c) There is another piece of paper in its place.
(d) The paper is in the same condition as it was left.
8. What happens to the man who hurts April?
(a) He is sentenced to a facility for the criminally insane.
(b) He claims he is innocent ,and the judge assigns him community service.
(c) He is released.
(d) He is held in jail awaiting trial.
9. What happens when April and Marshall leave Egypt after visiting at night?
(a) They see a shadow lurking in the distance.
(b) A car drives down the alley.
(c) Someone grabs April as she leaves Egypt.
(d) Marshall starts crying.
10. What happens when neighbors open their windows while April and Marshall are leaving Egypt at night?
(a) Marshall cries even louder.
(b) April is released.
(c) April and Marshall run back to the apartment.
(d) They ask April and Marshall what they are doing in the alley at night.
11. What do the intruders think about their intrusion?
(a) They think it is funny.
(b) They think it is too scary.
(c) They think it is enjoyable for everyone.
(d) They think it is insensitive.
12. Who is the first participant in the Oracle of Thoth?
13. What question remains after Marshall finds Security?
(a) Who returned Security?
(b) How could Marshall lose Security?
(c) Who took Security?
(d) Who wrote the answer to Marshall's question?
14. What is Ken's reaction to the Egypt Game?
(a) He is enthusiastic.
(b) He is indifferent.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He makes fun of the Egyptians.
15. What does April decide after she receives the item from her mother around Christmas time?
(a) She writes a letter to her mother explaining that she will continue to live with Caroline.
(b) She plans to visit her mother.
(c) She declines to visit her mother.
(d) She decides to live with her mother after the end of the school year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the second Egyptian to pose a question to Thoth?
2. What happens to Elizabeth's pet parakeet, Petey?
3. Why do Marshall and April go to Egypt at night?
4. Why does Toby get in trouble on Halloween night?
5. What is April's reaction to the intruders on Halloween night?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)