|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Egyptians decide that the procession should have?
(a) A palanquin for Petey.
(b) The release of doves.
(d) Flowers and palms.
2. What does April hear while they are leaving Egypt at night?
(a) The sound of an alley cat yowling.
(b) The sound of glass breaking and a voice calling for help.
(c) Someone screaming.
(d) A loud crash.
3. What do the Egyptians do after the Oracle of Thoth is performed?
(a) They perform the closing ritual.
(b) They leave so the Oracle has time to anwer the question.
(c) They record the ceremony in the scrolls.
(d) The do Oracle of Thoth chants.
4. Who is the first participant in the Oracle of Thoth?
5. What do the Egyptians name the owl's head now perched on Set's altar?
6. What do Ken and Toby tell their basketball friends about why they have been absent from the game?
(a) They have been grounded since Halloween.
(b) They are working on an extra credit project for school.
(c) They have to help a neighbor after school.
(d) They have an after-school job.
7. Why does Marshall apologize to April?
(a) Because he dropped her math book, and she still does not have it.
(b) Because he kept crying.
(c) Because he did not cooperate with her.
(d) Because he was not able to help her.
8. What happens when April and Marshall leave Egypt after visiting at night?
(a) A car drives down the alley.
(b) They see a shadow lurking in the distance.
(c) Someone grabs April as she leaves Egypt.
(d) Marshall starts crying.
9. What does the Professor give April when she visits him at his store during Christmas break?
(a) A small replica of an Egyptian mummy.
(b) A book about Egypt.
(c) Two objects that belonged to his wife.
(d) A figurine.
10. How is Toby able to come and go easily from home?
(a) He always tells his parents he is at Ken's house.
(b) He tells his parents he is checking in on his grandmother.
(c) He sneaks out of the house while his parents are asleep.
(d) His parents are frequently gone in the evenings.
11. Who works at the Professor's store around the time of Christmas break?
(a) The man with red hair and freckles.
(b) Mr. Bodler.
(c) Mrs. Ross.
(d) Mrs. Chung.
12. What happens to the remains of Petey's body?
(a) It is mummified.
(b) It is placed on a homemade raft and set afloat in a creek.
(c) It is cremated.
(d) It is buried in a shoebox.
13. What do the intruders think about their intrusion?
(a) They think it is insensitive.
(b) They think it is too scary.
(c) They think it is enjoyable for everyone.
(d) They think it is funny.
14. What happens to the man who hurts April?
(a) He claims he is innocent ,and the judge assigns him community service.
(b) He is held in jail awaiting trial.
(c) He is released.
(d) He is sentenced to a facility for the criminally insane.
15. What do the Egyptians do after the first intruder lands in the storage yard?
(a) They throw things at the intruder.
(b) They scatter.
(c) They attack the intruder.
(d) They hang to each other in panic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Security found?
2. What is the story the Egyptians create regarding the demise of Petey?
3. Whom does April think is responsible for the answer, when she takes the paper from Thoth's beak?
4. Who is the second Egyptian to pose a question to Thoth?
5. What does Marshall notice while the others are performing the Ceremony of the Dead?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)