|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is April's reaction to the intruders on Halloween night?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She cries.
(c) She is speechless.
(d) She laughs.
2. What do Ken and Toby tell their basketball friends about why they have been absent from the game?
(a) They are working on an extra credit project for school.
(b) They have been grounded since Halloween.
(c) They have to help a neighbor after school.
(d) They have an after-school job.
3. Where is Security found?
(a) At a lost and found.
(b) At Marshall's house.
(c) Under the statue of Set.
(d) At nursery school.
4. What do Ken and Toby ask April and Melanie after they learn about the Egypt Game?
(a) They ask if they can create a new game together.
(b) They ask when the game will begin again.
(c) They ask if they can make objects for the temple.
(d) They ask if they can invite other kids to play.
5. What does April decide after she receives the item from her mother around Christmas time?
(a) She writes a letter to her mother explaining that she will continue to live with Caroline.
(b) She plans to visit her mother.
(c) She declines to visit her mother.
(d) She decides to live with her mother after the end of the school year.
6. Who is selected to be the Oracle?
7. What does April do when she visits the Professor at his store during Christmas break?
(a) She thanks him.
(b) She reprimands him.
(c) She buys a teacup.
(d) She asks him to forgive her for saying negative things about him.
8. How is Toby able to come and go easily from home?
(a) He tells his parents he is checking in on his grandmother.
(b) He sneaks out of the house while his parents are asleep.
(c) His parents are frequently gone in the evenings.
(d) He always tells his parents he is at Ken's house.
9. Why does Marshall apologize to April?
(a) Because he did not cooperate with her.
(b) Because he dropped her math book, and she still does not have it.
(c) Because he was not able to help her.
(d) Because he kept crying.
10. Whom does April think is responsible for the answer, when she takes the paper from Thoth's beak?
(a) A stranger.
(b) One of the other Egyptians.
(c) The Professor.
(d) One of their classmates.
11. What do the intruders think about their intrusion?
(a) They think it is too scary.
(b) They think it is insensitive.
(c) They think it is enjoyable for everyone.
(d) They think it is funny.
12. What do the Egyptians think they should do because strange things are occurring in Egypt?
(a) Quit playing the Egypt Game.
(b) Create a new game.
(c) Have shifts of someone keeping a watch over Egypt.
(d) Relocate Egypt.
13. What do April and Melanie think will happen with the boys' involvement in the Egypt Game?
(a) That the boys will try to take over the game.
(b) That they will become active participants in the game.
(c) That they will grow tired of the game and stop playing.
(d) That other kids will become interested in playing the game with them.
14. What happens that allows Melanie and April to return to Egypt?
(a) The neighborhood begins to relax.
(b) The children promise never to go outside alone.
(c) Caroline agrees to be a chaperone.
(d) A suspect is found.
15. What is Elizabeth's solution regarding what to do with the intruders?
(a) She thinks they should be punished.
(b) She suggests they create a new game with the intruders.
(c) She asks them to join the Egypt Game.
(d) She suggests they tell the intruders about the Egypt Game.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Petey's Egyptian name?
2. What do the Egyptians decide that the procession should have?
3. Why do Marshall and April go to Egypt at night?
4. Why does everyone think something strange is going on in Egypt?
5. Whom does Marshall tell April is the person who attacked her?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)