|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Toby experience the last time he visits Egypt alone?
(a) He has an inspiration for a new ceremony.
(b) He hears a spooky noise.
(c) The sensation that there is someone in the alley behind him.
(d) An overwhelming feeling of loneliness.
2. Why does Toby get in trouble on Halloween night?
(a) His costume is squashed.
(b) He leaves the safety of the group.
(c) He returns home too late.
(d) He lost his house keys.
3. What does April hear while they are leaving Egypt at night?
(a) The sound of glass breaking and a voice calling for help.
(b) A loud crash.
(c) Someone screaming.
(d) The sound of an alley cat yowling.
4. Whom does April think is responsible for the answer, when she takes the paper from Thoth's beak?
(a) One of the other Egyptians.
(b) The Professor.
(c) One of their classmates.
(d) A stranger.
5. What is Toby's reaction to the Egypt Game?
(a) He makes fun of the Egyptians.
(b) He is indifferent.
(c) He is enthusiastic.
(d) He is confused.
6. What do the Egyptians decide that the procession should have?
(a) Flowers and palms.
(b) The release of doves.
(d) A palanquin for Petey.
7. What do Ken and Toby bring to Egypt after the children are permitted outside again?
(a) They bring snacks for everyone.
(b) They bring a drawing of Ra for the altar.
(c) They bring scrolls they have been working on.
(d) They bring supplies for Set's altar.
8. How does the Oracle of Thoth work?
(a) The priest or priestess pretends to fall into a trance and answer questions.
(b) There is a festival.
(c) Someone leaves a question to be answered in Thoth's beak.
(d) The Egyptians use Oracle bones to make soup.
9. Who is the second Egyptian to pose a question to Thoth?
10. What do the Egyptians give themselves for the purpose of writing notes?
(a) A special color of ink for each Egyptian.
(b) Egyptian symbols.
(c) A special seal.
(d) A special color of paper for each Egyptian.
11. Whom does Marshall tell April is the person who attacked her?
(a) The man who pushes the broom at the library.
(b) The man at Schmitt's variety store that carries things around.
(c) The man at Woolworth's who puts boxes on shelves.
(d) The cashier at the A & P grocery store.
12. Who insists that there should be no changes in the Egypt Game?
(a) Elizabeth and Ken.
(b) April and Melanie.
(c) Toby and Marshall.
(d) April and Toby.
13. What is the story the Egyptians create regarding the demise of Petey?
(a) Petey was poisoned by servants.
(b) Petey was killed by his brother.
(c) Petey had fallen in battle.
(d) Petey was killed by a rival Pharaoh.
14. What is Toby concerned about when he confides in April and Melanie?
(a) He does not have an answer to Marshall's question.
(b) He is not the only one who is rearranging the items in the temple.
(c) He has not taken any of the missing items.
(d) He is worried that they will tell the others.
15. What happens when neighbors open their windows while April and Marshall are leaving Egypt at night?
(a) They ask April and Marshall what they are doing in the alley at night.
(b) April and Marshall run back to the apartment.
(c) Marshall cries even louder.
(d) April is released.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does April receive from her mother around Christmas time?
2. What is Ken's reaction to the Egypt Game?
3. Why is Security missing?
4. What is Toby's reaction to being in Egypt after the children are permitted outside again?
5. How do the Egyptians prepare for the Ceremony of Returning to the Oracle for the Answer?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)