|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Egyptians give reverence to after their long absence from Egypt?
(a) The gods Set and Isis.
(b) The god Osiris.
(c) The crocodile stone.
(d) The bust of Nefertiti.
2. Who is the evil god in the Egypt Game?
3. What do April and Melanie find on their way to school?
(a) A decorative "ceremony" bottle.
(b) A scorpion ring.
(c) A "crocodile stone".
(d) An amulet.
4. What is Caroline's profession?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A telephone operator.
(c) A librarian.
(d) A secretary.
5. What is April's mother's profession?
(a) She is a nurse.
(b) She is an accountant
(c) She is an aspiring movie actress.
(d) She is a cleaning lady.
6. What is another issue for April and Melanie about the new family in Casa Rosada?
(a) Elizabeth is too young to be their friend.
(b) They do not think they can be of much assistance.
(c) They are not being compensated for their assistance.
(d) There are too many children in the new family.
7. What is an old mixing bowl used for in the Egypt Game?
(a) For sacred fires.
(b) For a headdress.
(c) For mixing potions.
(d) For offerings to the gods and goddesses.
8. What do the children call the lean-to?
(a) A pyramid.
(b) A temple.
(c) A hut.
(d) A tomb.
9. What is the story of the first Egypt Game?
(a) They plan on mummifying a dead body.
(b) They plan to dethrone the evil Pharaoh .
(c) They plan to wage war on the Phoenicians.
(d) They plan to capture the bloody heart of the Pharaoh.
10. What is April and Melanie's friendship based on?
(a) They are both girl scouts.
(b) They both have a great imagination.
(c) They are both socially isolated.
(d) They both love poetry.
11. Which adult interrupts the Egypt Game with news about an incident in the neighborhood?
(a) Mrs. Chung.
(b) Mrs. Ross.
(d) The Professor.
12. What plan does the Egypt gang have for Halloween night?
(a) To split off from the group and visit Egypt at night.
(b) To hold the Egypt Game at the park.
(c) To soap the Professor's store windows.
(d) To perform a sacrifice.
13. Why do April and Melanie decide to place their "finding" where they do?
(a) Because it is convenient.
(b) So everyone can see it.
(c) To protect the items in the temple.
(d) Because it looks evil.
14. What does Melanie reveal about herself during April's first visit?
(a) That she does not have many friends that play imagining games.
(b) That she is afraid of spiders.
(c) That her friends do not like to read.
(d) That she has imaginary friends.
15. Where do the children play the Egypt Game?
(a) In the alley by the Professor's curio shop.
(b) At a friend's house next to the Professor's curio shop.
(c) At a park across from the Professor's curio shop.
(d) In a yard behind the Professor's curio shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do April and Melanie decide regarding the new family?
2. Why does Melanie go home when visiting April the night before school begins?
3. How often do April and Melanie see each other before school begins?
4. What are April's worries before she begins school?
5. Whom does April and Melanie think Elizabeth looks like?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)