|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Caroline live?
(a) In Casa Rosada.
(b) In The Dorchester.
(c) In Cielito Bonito.
(d) In Lindell Towers
2. Who is the evil god in the Egypt Game?
3. What is an old mixing bowl used for in the Egypt Game?
(a) For sacred fires.
(b) For offerings to the gods and goddesses.
(c) For mixing potions.
(d) For a headdress.
4. From where does the Professor watch the children play the Egypt Game?
(a) From the break room.
(b) From his office.
(c) From the roof.
(d) From a storeroom.
5. What structure is in the area where the children play the Egypt Game?
(a) A gazebo.
(b) A lean-to.
(c) A shed.
(d) A car port.
6. What is Caroline's profession?
(a) A telephone operator.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A librarian.
(d) A secretary.
7. When the Egyptians return after a long absence, what happens after their ceremony?
(a) A huge mishapen figure lands in front of them.
(b) They hear an owl.
(c) The candles go out.
(d) Part of the lean-to comes off and lands with a crash.
8. What is the situation with the male head of household in the new family in Casa Rosada?
(a) He recently died.
(b) He is unemployed.
(c) He travels a lot.
(d) He is in jail.
9. Where is the "artifact" placed in the area where the Egypt Game is played?
(a) Under a bush.
(b) On top of a rock.
(c) Under the lean-to.
(d) Out in the open.
10. What do April and Melanie find on their way to school?
(a) A decorative "ceremony" bottle.
(b) A "crocodile stone".
(c) A scorpion ring.
(d) An amulet.
11. Where do April and Melanie place what they find on the way to school?
(a) On a shelf.
(b) In front of the Nefertiti bust.
(c) At the entrance to the temple.
(d) At the feet of Set.
12. What does April find in Melanie's room during their first encounter?
(b) Dress up clothes.
(d) Make up.
13. Whom do April and Melanie run into while trick-or-treating?
(a) Kevin and Tyler.
(b) Ken and Toby.
(c) Karl and Timmy.
(d) Keith and Tommy.
14. What are the names of the girls who play the Egypt Game?
(a) Melanie and April.
(b) Melanie and Amy.
(c) Melissa and April.
(d) Melissa and Amy.
15. What does April think the Egyptians should do after their long absence from Egypt?
(a) They should give thanks for their return.
(b) They should perform a repentance ceremony.
(c) They should perform a bloody sacrifice to appease the angry gods.
(d) They should perform a ritual chant of praise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other interest do April and Melanie share?
2. To what do the children attribute the changes to Egypt after they return from their hiatus?
3. When does the Egypt Game begin?
4. What is the female head of household looking for?
5. What event happens in the neighborhood that places a temporary halt to the Egypt Game?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)