|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT an activity in Egypt?
(a) Altars are built and decorated.
(b) Rites and ceremonies are decided upon and written down.
(c) Animals are sacrificed to the gods.
(d) Thrones are crafted.
2. What are April's worries before she begins school?
(a) About whether she will have a boyfriend.
(b) About whether she will be moving again.
(c) About whether she will see her mother again.
(d) About whether she will like the new school.
3. Where do April and Melanie place what they find on the way to school?
(a) In front of the Nefertiti bust.
(b) At the entrance to the temple.
(c) On a shelf.
(d) At the feet of Set.
4. What is the setting for the story?
(a) A factory town.
(b) A university town.
(c) A large city.
(d) A suburb.
5. How do the Egyptians know when to act on their plan?
(a) They look for a sign.
(b) They will listen for the clock in the town square to strike seven.
(c) They will wait until it is time to go home.
(d) They will give each other a look.
6. Who are the first children that April meets?
(a) Toby and Ken.
(b) Melanie and Marshall.
(c) Melissa and Amy.
(d) Elizabeth and Dorothea.
7. What are Melanie's concerns before the school year begins?
(a) She hopes she will be on the basketball team.
(b) She hopes she will earn good grades.
(c) She does not know how April will fit in.
(d) She hopes she will make new friends.
8. What does the Professor do while April is in his shop?
(a) He talks on the telephone.
(b) He arranges a case.
(c) He helps another customer.
(d) He watches her.
9. How do April and Melanie spend their time together before school begins?
(a) Doing arts and crafts.
(b) Going to the library.
(c) Going to the movies.
(d) Playing dress up.
10. Whom do April and Melanie run into while trick-or-treating?
(a) Keith and Tommy.
(b) Ken and Toby.
(c) Karl and Timmy.
(d) Kevin and Tyler.
11. What part of Casa Rosada does the new family inhabit?
(a) The third floor.
(b) The second floor.
(c) The basement.
(d) The first floor.
12. Where did April get the name with which she introduces herself to Melanie?
(a) From a story in a magazine.
(b) Her mother is known in Hollywood as Dorthea Dawn.
(c) Her grandmother studied their family geneology.
(d) From her love of Egypt.
13. What does the boy who plays the Egypt Game carry?
(a) A ball.
(b) A toy truck.
(c) A stuffed octopus.
(d) A teddy bear.
14. How often do April and Melanie see each other before school begins?
(b) A few times a week.
(c) Several times.
(d) Almost everyday.
15. What event happens in the neighborhood that places a temporary halt to the Egypt Game?
(a) Property is defaced.
(b) There are reports of a child molester in the neighborhood.
(c) There are some burglaries in the neighborhood.
(d) A girl from the neighborhood is found dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Melanie and Elizabeth do that is counter to their initial decision regarding the new family?
2. What do April and Melanie think about the suggestion regarding the new family?
3. Why are the children afraid of the Professor?
4. What idea is finally agreed upon by the Egyptians to set things right after their long absence?
5. What happens during the ceremony the Egyptians perform after their long absence?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)