|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another issue for April and Melanie about the new family in Casa Rosada?
(a) They do not think they can be of much assistance.
(b) They are not being compensated for their assistance.
(c) There are too many children in the new family.
(d) Elizabeth is too young to be their friend.
2. What does April think the Egyptians should do after their long absence from Egypt?
(a) They should perform a ritual chant of praise.
(b) They should perform a repentance ceremony.
(c) They should perform a bloody sacrifice to appease the angry gods.
(d) They should give thanks for their return.
3. What do April and Melanie decide to make to accompany the bust of Nefertiti?
(a) A tablet with hieroglyphics.
(b) A statue of Set.
(c) A pyramid.
(d) A sphynx.
4. What structure is in the area where the children play the Egypt Game?
(a) A gazebo.
(b) A lean-to.
(c) A shed.
(d) A car port.
5. Why do April and Melanie decide to place their "finding" where they do?
(a) To protect the items in the temple.
(b) Because it looks evil.
(c) Because it is convenient.
(d) So everyone can see it.
6. What does April discuss with the Professor on her first visit to his shop?
(a) The community.
(b) Her circumstances.
(c) The weather.
7. What part of Casa Rosada does the new family inhabit?
(a) The third floor.
(b) The basement.
(c) The second floor.
(d) The first floor.
8. What does the lean-to rest on?
(a) An old trunk.
(b) A grassy patch.
(c) A palette.
(d) A concrete slab.
9. What do the Egyptians decide to do while they are on hiatus from the Egypt Game?
(a) They make Egyptian costumes.
(b) They make statues for their temple.
(c) They read books about Egypt.
(d) They draw pictures of Egypt.
10. Where does Caroline live?
(a) In Lindell Towers
(b) In Cielito Bonito.
(c) In Casa Rosada.
(d) In The Dorchester.
11. Where do the children play the Egypt Game?
(a) At a friend's house next to the Professor's curio shop.
(b) In the alley by the Professor's curio shop.
(c) In a yard behind the Professor's curio shop.
(d) At a park across from the Professor's curio shop.
12. What is April and Melanie's friendship based on?
(a) They are both girl scouts.
(b) They are both socially isolated.
(c) They both love poetry.
(d) They both have a great imagination.
13. What does April find in Melanie's room during their first encounter?
(b) Dress up clothes.
(c) Make up.
14. What do the children do in preparation to play the Egypt Game?
(a) They do research about ancient Egypt.
(b) They assign roles.
(c) They make up alibis to tell their parents.
(d) They clean up the area.
15. What is one of the first things April does after she arrives in the new neighborhood?
(a) She looks at maps of the area.
(b) She observes everything from her window.
(c) She explores the neighborhood.
(d) She writes letters home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which adult interrupts the Egypt Game with news about an incident in the neighborhood?
2. What event happens in the neighborhood that places a temporary halt to the Egypt Game?
3. From where does the Professor watch the children play the Egypt Game?
4. Which Egyptian typically wants to get permission before doing something?
5. Who is the most interested in visiting Egypt on Halloween night?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)