|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Melanie reveal about herself during April's first visit?
(a) That her friends do not like to read.
(b) That she has imaginary friends.
(c) That she is afraid of spiders.
(d) That she does not have many friends that play imagining games.
2. What is the story of the first Egypt Game?
(a) They plan to dethrone the evil Pharaoh .
(b) They plan to wage war on the Phoenicians.
(c) They plan on mummifying a dead body.
(d) They plan to capture the bloody heart of the Pharaoh.
3. Which Egyptian typically wants to get permission before doing something?
4. How does Melanie feel about the Professor?
(a) He makes her nervous.
(b) He is very knowledgeable.
(c) He is very likeable.
(d) He is mean.
5. What do the children use for altars?
(a) Cinder blocks.
(d) Lawn chairs.
6. What happens during the ceremony the Egyptians perform after their long absence?
(a) The candles go out.
(b) Marshall starts to cry.
(c) The Egyptians notice something strange.
(d) They hear a scream.
7. What is one of the first things April does after she arrives in the new neighborhood?
(a) She writes letters home.
(b) She observes everything from her window.
(c) She looks at maps of the area.
(d) She explores the neighborhood.
8. Whom does April and Melanie think Elizabeth looks like?
(a) April's mother.
(b) Actress Sophia Lauren.
(c) Queen Nefertiti.
9. What do April and Melanie decide to make to accompany the bust of Nefertiti?
(a) A pyramid.
(b) A statue of Set.
(c) A tablet with hieroglyphics.
(d) A sphynx.
10. What do the children do in preparation to play the Egypt Game?
(a) They make up alibis to tell their parents.
(b) They assign roles.
(c) They clean up the area.
(d) They do research about ancient Egypt.
11. What does April discuss with the Professor on her first visit to his shop?
(b) The community.
(c) Her circumstances.
(d) The weather.
12. What do April and Melanie decide regarding the new family?
(a) They will babysit for only two months.
(b) They will only help Elizabeth at school.
(c) They decide to go against their parents' wishes.
(d) They decide to help everyone but Emily.
13. What does April interpret as the sign to break off from the trick-or-treating group?
(a) An owl hooting.
(b) A shooting star.
(c) A lunar eclipse.
(d) A bat flying through the air.
14. Who is questioned regarding the incident in the neighborhood?
(a) The children.
(b) The Professor.
(c) Mrs. Ross.
15. What other interest do April and Melanie share?
(b) All things ancient.
(c) Pioneer life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do April and Melanie think about the suggestion regarding the new family?
2. What plan does the Egypt gang have for Halloween night?
3. Where do the four Egyptians join a larger trick-or-treating group on Halloween night?
4. What is an old mixing bowl used for in the Egypt Game?
5. What does Melanie do to April before school begins?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)