|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is questioned regarding the incident in the neighborhood?
(a) The Professor.
(b) Mrs. Ross.
(c) The children.
2. What do April and Melanie find on their way to school?
(a) A decorative "ceremony" bottle.
(b) A scorpion ring.
(c) An amulet.
(d) A "crocodile stone".
3. How do the Egyptians know when to act on their plan?
(a) They will listen for the clock in the town square to strike seven.
(b) They will give each other a look.
(c) They will wait until it is time to go home.
(d) They look for a sign.
4. What item in Egypt is used to help the Egyptians decide what to do after their long absence?
(a) The guidelines written on the scrolls.
(b) A die.
(d) The crocodile stone.
5. Where does Caroline live?
(a) In Casa Rosada.
(b) In The Dorchester.
(c) In Cielito Bonito.
(d) In Lindell Towers
6. What is NOT found in the structure where the children play the Egypt Game?
(a) A chest.
(b) A bird bath.
(c) A bust of Nefertiti.
(d) A statue of Diana.
7. Why does Melanie visit April the night before school begins?
(a) To steal her false eyelashes.
(b) To help April pick out clothes.
(c) To calm April down.
(d) To give April pointers.
8. Whom do April and Melanie run into while trick-or-treating?
(a) Kevin and Tyler.
(b) Keith and Tommy.
(c) Ken and Toby.
(d) Karl and Timmy.
9. What is Marshall's name in the Egypt Game?
(a) Pharaoh Marshamosis.
(b) Pharoah Najjah.
(c) Pharaoh Marshotep.
(d) Pharoah Kontar.
10. What does April interpret as the sign to break off from the trick-or-treating group?
(a) An owl hooting.
(b) A lunar eclipse.
(c) A shooting star.
(d) A bat flying through the air.
11. What is the story of the first Egypt Game?
(a) They plan to wage war on the Phoenicians.
(b) They plan on mummifying a dead body.
(c) They plan to dethrone the evil Pharaoh .
(d) They plan to capture the bloody heart of the Pharaoh.
12. Who is concerned about the plan for Halloween night?
13. What connects April and Melanie as friends?
(a) Their interest in ancient Egypt.
(b) They like the same foods.
(c) They like the same movie stars.
(d) They both like to play Monopoly.
14. Where did April get the name with which she introduces herself to Melanie?
(a) Her mother is known in Hollywood as Dorthea Dawn.
(b) From a story in a magazine.
(c) From her love of Egypt.
(d) Her grandmother studied their family geneology.
15. What is another issue for April and Melanie about the new family in Casa Rosada?
(a) They do not think they can be of much assistance.
(b) They are not being compensated for their assistance.
(c) There are too many children in the new family.
(d) Elizabeth is too young to be their friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What structure is in the area where the children play the Egypt Game?
2. Who are the first children that April meets?
3. What do the children do before leaving Egypt on the first day of the game?
4. When the Egyptians return after a long absence, what happens after their ceremony?
5. What does April discuss with the Professor on her first visit to his shop?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)