|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the children play the Egypt Game?
(a) In a yard behind the Professor's curio shop.
(b) At a park across from the Professor's curio shop.
(c) At a friend's house next to the Professor's curio shop.
(d) In the alley by the Professor's curio shop.
2. What is an old mixing bowl used for in the Egypt Game?
(a) For sacred fires.
(b) For mixing potions.
(c) For offerings to the gods and goddesses.
(d) For a headdress.
3. What is Marshall's name in the Egypt Game?
(a) Pharoah Najjah.
(b) Pharaoh Marshamosis.
(c) Pharoah Kontar.
(d) Pharaoh Marshotep.
4. What do the children call the lean-to?
(a) A pyramid.
(b) A hut.
(c) A temple.
(d) A tomb.
5. What do the children do in preparation to play the Egypt Game?
(a) They clean up the area.
(b) They assign roles.
(c) They do research about ancient Egypt.
(d) They make up alibis to tell their parents.
6. What are the children unaware of during the Egypt Game?
(a) The Professor is watching them through the window.
(b) A guard dog is sometimes allowed to roam in the yard.
(c) Storm clouds are forming.
(d) The lean-to continues to sag.
7. What does April interpret as the sign to break off from the trick-or-treating group?
(a) A lunar eclipse.
(b) An owl hooting.
(c) A bat flying through the air.
(d) A shooting star.
8. What assures the children that the Professor is not watching them?
(a) The back window is caked with dirt.
(b) They see customers coming in and out of his shop.
(c) The bushes are overgrown in the yard.
(d) The lean-to blocks the view from the Professor's shop.
9. Where did April get the name with which she introduces herself to Melanie?
(a) Her mother is known in Hollywood as Dorthea Dawn.
(b) From her love of Egypt.
(c) From a story in a magazine.
(d) Her grandmother studied their family geneology.
10. What do the children use for altars?
(a) Lawn chairs.
(d) Cinder blocks.
11. What month does the Professor witness the beginning of the Egypt Game?
12. What helps April and Melanie change their mind regarding their decision about the new family?
(a) Their parents coerce them.
(b) They witness another family on the street with young children.
(c) April and Melanie discuss the situation and come to a different conclusion.
(d) They meet Elizabeth.
13. What material do April and Melanie use to make their accompaniment to the Nefertiti bust?
(b) Plaster of Paris.
(c) Modeling clay.
14. What are April and Melanie's roles in the first Egypt Game?
(a) High priestesses.
15. How do April and Melanie spend their time together before school begins?
(a) Doing arts and crafts.
(b) Going to the movies.
(c) Going to the library.
(d) Playing dress up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is April's mother's profession?
2. Where is the Professor's shop in relation to where April is staying?
3. Who is concerned about the plan for Halloween night?
4. What is NOT an activity in Egypt?
5. What is the four Egyptians' opinion about visiting Egypt at night?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)