|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is April's first impression of the Professor?
(a) She is fearful of him.
(b) She feels sorry for him.
(c) She thinks he is friendly.
(d) She thinks he is funny.
2. What do April and Melanie eventually devise to record their rites and ceremonies?
(a) They create a form of hieroglyphics.
(b) They take photos.
(c) They create an invisible ink.
(d) They create a secret code.
3. What does the chapter, Enter Melanie--And Marshall, reveal to readers?
(a) That Melanie has difficulty making friends.
(b) That April is no longer completely on her own.
(c) That Marshall can sometimes be a nuisance.
(d) That Melanie's homelife is uncomfortable, so she creates an imaginary world.
4. What is another issue for April and Melanie about the new family in Casa Rosada?
(a) There are too many children in the new family.
(b) They are not being compensated for their assistance.
(c) They do not think they can be of much assistance.
(d) Elizabeth is too young to be their friend.
5. How is April dressed when she meets Melanie?
(a) She wears her hair up, has false eyelashes and a fur.
(b) She is in a fortune-teller's outfit.
(c) Her hair is in a ponytail, and she wears a t-shirt and tennis shoes.
(d) She is wearing an Egyptian robe and headress.
6. What is Melanie's initial impression of April?
(a) She feels sorry for April.
(b) She finds April intriguing.
(c) She finds April comical.
(d) She is put off by April's attitude.
7. What do Melanie and Elizabeth do that is counter to their initial decision regarding the new family?
(a) They do more than what is asked of them.
(b) They invite Elizabeth to play the Egypt Game.
(c) They spend time with the new family.
(d) They help others in addition to the new family.
8. What is Marshall's name in the Egypt Game?
(a) Pharaoh Marshotep.
(b) Pharoah Najjah.
(c) Pharaoh Marshamosis.
(d) Pharoah Kontar.
9. What event saves Halloween?
(a) The school holds a Halloween party.
(b) The police send out extra patrols.
(c) Fathers volunteer to take children trick-or-treating.
(d) The culprit is found.
10. What are April and Melanie's roles in the first Egypt Game?
(b) High priestesses.
11. What is NOT an activity in Egypt?
(a) Animals are sacrificed to the gods.
(b) Rites and ceremonies are decided upon and written down.
(c) Altars are built and decorated.
(d) Thrones are crafted.
12. Whom do April and Melanie run into while trick-or-treating?
(a) Kevin and Tyler.
(b) Karl and Timmy.
(c) Keith and Tommy.
(d) Ken and Toby.
13. What does Melanie find in the location where the Egypt Game will be played?
(a) A coptic cross.
(b) A pyramid.
(c) A picture of the Sphynx.
(d) A bust of Nefertiti.
14. Who is the evil god in the Egypt Game?
15. What do the children call the lean-to?
(a) A pyramid.
(b) A tomb.
(c) A temple.
(d) A hut.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does April tell Melanie her name is when she meets her?
2. What do April and Melanie do after April finds out what Melanie does with the pictures?
3. What do the children use for altars?
4. What is the female head of household looking for?
5. What is the setting for the story?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)