|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the story of the first Egypt Game?
(a) They plan to capture the bloody heart of the Pharaoh.
(b) They plan on mummifying a dead body.
(c) They plan to dethrone the evil Pharaoh .
(d) They plan to wage war on the Phoenicians.
2. What do April and Melanie find on their way to school?
(a) A "crocodile stone".
(b) An amulet.
(c) A scorpion ring.
(d) A decorative "ceremony" bottle.
3. What does the Professor do while April is in his shop?
(a) He arranges a case.
(b) He watches her.
(c) He helps another customer.
(d) He talks on the telephone.
4. What are the children unaware of during the Egypt Game?
(a) The lean-to continues to sag.
(b) The Professor is watching them through the window.
(c) Storm clouds are forming.
(d) A guard dog is sometimes allowed to roam in the yard.
5. What plan does the Egypt gang have for Halloween night?
(a) To split off from the group and visit Egypt at night.
(b) To perform a sacrifice.
(c) To soap the Professor's store windows.
(d) To hold the Egypt Game at the park.
6. What does Melanie find in the location where the Egypt Game will be played?
(a) A pyramid.
(b) A coptic cross.
(c) A picture of the Sphynx.
(d) A bust of Nefertiti.
7. Why does Melanie visit April the night before school begins?
(a) To steal her false eyelashes.
(b) To help April pick out clothes.
(c) To calm April down.
(d) To give April pointers.
8. What item in Egypt is used to help the Egyptians decide what to do after their long absence?
(a) A die.
(b) The crocodile stone.
(c) The guidelines written on the scrolls.
9. What is April's first impression of the Professor?
(a) She feels sorry for him.
(b) She thinks he is funny.
(c) She thinks he is friendly.
(d) She is fearful of him.
10. What do the children do in preparation to play the Egypt Game?
(a) They assign roles.
(b) They clean up the area.
(c) They do research about ancient Egypt.
(d) They make up alibis to tell their parents.
11. What do April and Melanie think about the suggestion regarding the new family?
(a) They do not want their free time infringed on.
(b) They think their parents are being unfair.
(c) They do not want anyone to butt into their friendship.
(d) They think it is a wonderful idea.
12. What does April find in Melanie's room during their first encounter?
(c) Dress up clothes.
(d) Make up.
13. What suggestion is given to April and Melanie after the new family moves in?
(a) To help the new family with chores.
(b) To befriend Elizabeth.
(c) To babysit for them.
(d) To tutor the children.
14. What is April's mother's profession?
(a) She is an accountant
(b) She is a nurse.
(c) She is an aspiring movie actress.
(d) She is a cleaning lady.
15. What idea is finally agreed upon by the Egyptians to set things right after their long absence?
(a) To offer something of value to the gods.
(b) To write their names in blood.
(c) To kill insects.
(d) To sacrifice hair and pieces of fingernails.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Professor's shop in relation to where April is staying?
2. What do the children use for altars?
3. What do Melanie and Elizabeth do that is counter to their initial decision regarding the new family?
4. Where do the children play the Egypt Game?
5. What does Melanie like to do with pictures she cuts out?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)