|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens during the ceremony the Egyptians perform after their long absence?
(a) They hear a scream.
(b) Marshall starts to cry.
(c) The candles go out.
(d) The Egyptians notice something strange.
2. Whom does April come to live with?
(a) Her aunt
(b) Her father.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) A foster parent.
3. What is the female head of household looking for?
(a) A babysitter.
(b) Someone to move a cabinet.
(c) A reliable car.
(d) A job.
4. What is the story of the first Egypt Game?
(a) They plan to dethrone the evil Pharaoh .
(b) They plan to wage war on the Phoenicians.
(c) They plan to capture the bloody heart of the Pharaoh.
(d) They plan on mummifying a dead body.
5. What is April's first impression of the Professor?
(a) She feels sorry for him.
(b) She is fearful of him.
(c) She thinks he is friendly.
(d) She thinks he is funny.
6. What is NOT found in the structure where the children play the Egypt Game?
(a) A bust of Nefertiti.
(b) A chest.
(c) A statue of Diana.
(d) A bird bath.
7. How do April and Melanie spend their time together before school begins?
(a) Going to the library.
(b) Going to the movies.
(c) Doing arts and crafts.
(d) Playing dress up.
8. What does the chapter, Enter Melanie--And Marshall, reveal to readers?
(a) That Melanie has difficulty making friends.
(b) That April is no longer completely on her own.
(c) That Melanie's homelife is uncomfortable, so she creates an imaginary world.
(d) That Marshall can sometimes be a nuisance.
9. What does April find in Melanie's room during their first encounter?
(a) Make up.
(c) Dress up clothes.
10. What does April interpret as the sign to break off from the trick-or-treating group?
(a) A bat flying through the air.
(b) An owl hooting.
(c) A shooting star.
(d) A lunar eclipse.
11. What happens while April is playing with Melanie?
(a) They think up the Egypt Game.
(b) April starts feeling sick.
(c) April loses her haughty attitude.
(d) April remembers that her mother is supposed to call.
12. What are the names of the girls who play the Egypt Game?
(a) Melanie and April.
(b) Melissa and Amy.
(c) Melanie and Amy.
(d) Melissa and April.
13. Where is the Professor's shop in relation to where April is staying?
(a) Around the corner.
(b) Next door.
(c) Behind the alley.
(d) Across the street.
14. Which adult interrupts the Egypt Game with news about an incident in the neighborhood?
(b) Mrs. Ross.
(c) Mrs. Chung.
(d) The Professor.
15. When the Egyptians return after a long absence, what happens after their ceremony?
(a) Part of the lean-to comes off and lands with a crash.
(b) The candles go out.
(c) A huge mishapen figure lands in front of them.
(d) They hear an owl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Melanie's concerns before the school year begins?
2. Where do the children play the Egypt Game?
3. What is the Professor's response to what April tells him on her first visit to his shop?
4. What do Melanie and Elizabeth do that is counter to their initial decision regarding the new family?
5. What do the children call the lean-to?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)