|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Melanie reveal about herself during April's first visit?
(a) That her friends do not like to read.
(b) That she is afraid of spiders.
(c) That she has imaginary friends.
(d) That she does not have many friends that play imagining games.
2. Who is questioned regarding the incident in the neighborhood?
(a) Mrs. Ross.
(b) The Professor.
(d) The children.
3. What is Melanie's initial impression of April?
(a) She feels sorry for April.
(b) She finds April comical.
(c) She finds April intriguing.
(d) She is put off by April's attitude.
4. What do April and Melanie find on their way to school?
(a) An amulet.
(b) A "crocodile stone".
(c) A scorpion ring.
(d) A decorative "ceremony" bottle.
5. Who are the first children that April meets?
(a) Melissa and Amy.
(b) Elizabeth and Dorothea.
(c) Melanie and Marshall.
(d) Toby and Ken.
6. What assures the children that the Professor is not watching them?
(a) They see customers coming in and out of his shop.
(b) The lean-to blocks the view from the Professor's shop.
(c) The back window is caked with dirt.
(d) The bushes are overgrown in the yard.
7. What does the Professor do while April is in his shop?
(a) He watches her.
(b) He arranges a case.
(c) He talks on the telephone.
(d) He helps another customer.
8. What connects April and Melanie as friends?
(a) Their interest in ancient Egypt.
(b) They like the same foods.
(c) They both like to play Monopoly.
(d) They like the same movie stars.
9. What is an old mixing bowl used for in the Egypt Game?
(a) For sacred fires.
(b) For offerings to the gods and goddesses.
(c) For a headdress.
(d) For mixing potions.
10. When does the Egypt Game begin?
(a) In the summer.
(b) Right before school begins.
(c) Before winter.
(d) After school begins.
11. What is the setting for the story?
(a) A factory town.
(b) A large city.
(c) A university town.
(d) A suburb.
12. What type of store does the Professor own?
(a) A curio shop.
(b) A haberdashery.
(c) A book store.
(d) A dry goods store.
13. Where is the "artifact" placed in the area where the Egypt Game is played?
(a) Out in the open.
(b) Under the lean-to.
(c) On top of a rock.
(d) Under a bush.
14. What is Caroline's profession?
(a) A telephone operator.
(b) A secretary.
(c) A librarian.
(d) A teacher.
15. What do the children call the lean-to?
(a) A tomb.
(b) A pyramid.
(c) A temple.
(d) A hut.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Egyptian typically wants to get permission before doing something?
2. What plan does the Egypt gang have for Halloween night?
3. What event happens in the neighborhood that places a temporary halt to the Egypt Game?
4. What does April tell Melanie her name is when she meets her?
5. What is April's first impression of the Professor?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)