|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Melanie go home when visiting April the night before school begins?
(a) She promised to read a book to Marshall before bed.
(b) Melanie wants to get her school supplies ready.
(c) She and April have a fight.
(d) Caroline tells the girls it is time to go to bed.
2. What assures the children that the Professor is not watching them?
(a) The lean-to blocks the view from the Professor's shop.
(b) The back window is caked with dirt.
(c) They see customers coming in and out of his shop.
(d) The bushes are overgrown in the yard.
3. How do the Egyptians begin recording their rites and ceremonies?
(a) In pig latin.
(b) In English.
(c) In calligraphy.
(d) In Morse code.
4. What does Melanie do to April before school begins?
(a) She introduces April to her friends.
(b) She says mean things to her.
(c) She kidnaps her eyelashes.
(d) She gives her a makeover.
5. Whom do April and Melanie run into while trick-or-treating?
(a) Keith and Tommy.
(b) Ken and Toby.
(c) Kevin and Tyler.
(d) Karl and Timmy.
6. What do Melanie and Elizabeth do that is counter to their initial decision regarding the new family?
(a) They help others in addition to the new family.
(b) They invite Elizabeth to play the Egypt Game.
(c) They spend time with the new family.
(d) They do more than what is asked of them.
7. What helps April and Melanie change their mind regarding their decision about the new family?
(a) They witness another family on the street with young children.
(b) April and Melanie discuss the situation and come to a different conclusion.
(c) They meet Elizabeth.
(d) Their parents coerce them.
8. What are April's worries before she begins school?
(a) About whether she will be moving again.
(b) About whether she will like the new school.
(c) About whether she will see her mother again.
(d) About whether she will have a boyfriend.
9. What does the boy who plays the Egypt Game carry?
(a) A toy truck.
(b) A stuffed octopus.
(c) A teddy bear.
(d) A ball.
10. Which Egyptian typically wants to get permission before doing something?
11. When does the Egypt Game begin?
(a) After school begins.
(b) In the summer.
(c) Before winter.
(d) Right before school begins.
12. What does April discuss with the Professor on her first visit to his shop?
(a) Her circumstances.
(b) The community.
(c) The weather.
13. What are the names of the girls who play the Egypt Game?
(a) Melissa and April.
(b) Melanie and Amy.
(c) Melissa and Amy.
(d) Melanie and April.
14. What type of store does the Professor own?
(a) A book store.
(b) A curio shop.
(c) A haberdashery.
(d) A dry goods store.
15. What do the children call the lean-to?
(a) A pyramid.
(b) A temple.
(c) A hut.
(d) A tomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Professor's response to what April tells him on her first visit to his shop?
2. What structure is in the area where the children play the Egypt Game?
3. What connects April and Melanie as friends?
4. What are the children unaware of during the Egypt Game?
5. What do April and Melanie eventually devise to record their rites and ceremonies?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)