|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the female head of household looking for?
(a) A babysitter.
(b) A job.
(c) A reliable car.
(d) Someone to move a cabinet.
2. What item in Egypt is used to help the Egyptians decide what to do after their long absence?
(b) The crocodile stone.
(c) The guidelines written on the scrolls.
(d) A die.
3. What is Melanie's initial impression of April?
(a) She finds April comical.
(b) She feels sorry for April.
(c) She is put off by April's attitude.
(d) She finds April intriguing.
4. What do the Egyptians give reverence to after their long absence from Egypt?
(a) The gods Set and Isis.
(b) The crocodile stone.
(c) The god Osiris.
(d) The bust of Nefertiti.
5. What does Melanie reveal about herself during April's first visit?
(a) That her friends do not like to read.
(b) That she has imaginary friends.
(c) That she is afraid of spiders.
(d) That she does not have many friends that play imagining games.
6. What do April, Melanie and Marshall find when they return to the yard to play for the second time?
(a) Everything is just as they had left it.
(b) The bust of Nefertiti is missing.
(c) Someone has put more junk in the yard.
(d) Someone has moved their things.
7. What is the situation with the male head of household in the new family in Casa Rosada?
(a) He is in jail.
(b) He recently died.
(c) He is unemployed.
(d) He travels a lot.
8. What happens while April is playing with Melanie?
(a) April starts feeling sick.
(b) April remembers that her mother is supposed to call.
(c) They think up the Egypt Game.
(d) April loses her haughty attitude.
9. Who is questioned regarding the incident in the neighborhood?
(a) Mrs. Ross.
(c) The Professor.
(d) The children.
10. What do April and Melanie think about the suggestion regarding the new family?
(a) They think their parents are being unfair.
(b) They think it is a wonderful idea.
(c) They do not want their free time infringed on.
(d) They do not want anyone to butt into their friendship.
11. What month does the Professor witness the beginning of the Egypt Game?
12. What other interest do April and Melanie share?
(a) All things ancient.
(b) Pioneer life.
13. What do the children do before leaving Egypt on the first day of the game?
(a) They make a pact.
(b) They write their names on a rock.
(c) They leave a bouquet of flowers.
(d) They move brush in front of the entrance.
14. What does April tell Melanie her name is when she meets her?
(a) April Seshat.
(b) Princess April.
(c) April Dawn.
(d) April the Great.
15. Where do the children play the Egypt Game?
(a) At a park across from the Professor's curio shop.
(b) At a friend's house next to the Professor's curio shop.
(c) In the alley by the Professor's curio shop.
(d) In a yard behind the Professor's curio shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do April and Melanie decide regarding the new family?
2. Why does Melanie go home when visiting April the night before school begins?
3. What do April and Melanie eventually devise to record their rites and ceremonies?
4. What are April and Melanie's roles in the first Egypt Game?
5. When does April meet Melanie and Marshall?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)