|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does April come to live with?
(a) Her aunt
(b) A foster parent.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her father.
2. Who moves into Casa Rosada after school begins?
(a) The Chung family.
(b) The Teng family.
(c) The Diaz family.
(d) The Tate family.
3. What do April, Melanie and Marshall find when they return to the yard to play for the second time?
(a) The bust of Nefertiti is missing.
(b) Someone has put more junk in the yard.
(c) Someone has moved their things.
(d) Everything is just as they had left it.
4. What event happens in the neighborhood that places a temporary halt to the Egypt Game?
(a) A girl from the neighborhood is found dead.
(b) There are reports of a child molester in the neighborhood.
(c) Property is defaced.
(d) There are some burglaries in the neighborhood.
5. Who is the evil god in the Egypt Game?
6. What does April tell Melanie her name is when she meets her?
(a) April Seshat.
(b) April Dawn.
(c) Princess April.
(d) April the Great.
7. What does April do while the others are waiting outside of Egypt on their night-time visit?
(a) She sets out four cushions to sit on.
(b) She sweeps the temple.
(c) She lights candles.
(d) She arranges the statues.
8. What is a sign that April is adjusting at Wilson School?
(a) The kids do not make fun of her.
(b) April wants to run for student council.
(c) She has new friends.
(d) The coolest boys are calling April by a nickname.
9. What is another issue for April and Melanie about the new family in Casa Rosada?
(a) They are not being compensated for their assistance.
(b) They do not think they can be of much assistance.
(c) There are too many children in the new family.
(d) Elizabeth is too young to be their friend.
10. What does the lean-to rest on?
(a) A concrete slab.
(b) A palette.
(c) A grassy patch.
(d) An old trunk.
11. What is April's first impression of the Professor?
(a) She feels sorry for him.
(b) She is fearful of him.
(c) She thinks he is friendly.
(d) She thinks he is funny.
12. What do the Egyptians decide to do while they are on hiatus from the Egypt Game?
(a) They make statues for their temple.
(b) They read books about Egypt.
(c) They make Egyptian costumes.
(d) They draw pictures of Egypt.
13. What becomes April and Melanie's shared passion?
(a) King Arthur's Court.
(b) Ancient Egypt.
(c) Movie Stars.
(d) Creating artwork.
14. Where do the four Egyptians join a larger trick-or-treating group on Halloween night?
(a) On Orchard Avenue.
(b) At the library.
(c) At the park.
(d) At Wilson School.
15. What do April and Melanie decide to make to accompany the bust of Nefertiti?
(a) A pyramid.
(b) A statue of Set.
(c) A sphynx.
(d) A tablet with hieroglyphics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the four Egyptians' opinion about visiting Egypt at night?
2. To what do the children attribute the changes to Egypt after they return from their hiatus?
3. What does Melanie find in the location where the Egypt Game will be played?
4. How often do April and Melanie see each other before school begins?
5. What happens during the ceremony the Egyptians perform after their long absence?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)