|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the children call the lean-to?
(a) A hut.
(b) A temple.
(c) A pyramid.
(d) A tomb.
2. What do the children do in preparation to play the Egypt Game?
(a) They make up alibis to tell their parents.
(b) They do research about ancient Egypt.
(c) They assign roles.
(d) They clean up the area.
3. What is a sign that April is adjusting at Wilson School?
(a) She has new friends.
(b) April wants to run for student council.
(c) The kids do not make fun of her.
(d) The coolest boys are calling April by a nickname.
4. What does Melanie like to do with pictures she cuts out?
(a) She throws darts at them.
(b) She makes collages out of them.
(c) She draws blemishes on them.
(d) She puts them into stories.
5. What is Marshall's name in the Egypt Game?
(a) Pharoah Kontar.
(b) Pharoah Najjah.
(c) Pharaoh Marshamosis.
(d) Pharaoh Marshotep.
6. What do April and Melanie decide to make to accompany the bust of Nefertiti?
(a) A sphynx.
(b) A statue of Set.
(c) A tablet with hieroglyphics.
(d) A pyramid.
7. Where does Caroline live?
(a) In The Dorchester.
(b) In Casa Rosada.
(c) In Lindell Towers
(d) In Cielito Bonito.
8. What is Caroline's profession?
(a) A librarian.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A secretary.
(d) A telephone operator.
9. What is April's mother's profession?
(a) She is a nurse.
(b) She is an accountant
(c) She is an aspiring movie actress.
(d) She is a cleaning lady.
10. What do April and Melanie think about the suggestion regarding the new family?
(a) They do not want anyone to butt into their friendship.
(b) They do not want their free time infringed on.
(c) They think it is a wonderful idea.
(d) They think their parents are being unfair.
11. What does April do while the others are waiting outside of Egypt on their night-time visit?
(a) She arranges the statues.
(b) She sweeps the temple.
(c) She lights candles.
(d) She sets out four cushions to sit on.
12. How is April dressed when she meets Melanie?
(a) Her hair is in a ponytail, and she wears a t-shirt and tennis shoes.
(b) She is wearing an Egyptian robe and headress.
(c) She is in a fortune-teller's outfit.
(d) She wears her hair up, has false eyelashes and a fur.
13. Who moves into Casa Rosada after school begins?
(a) The Teng family.
(b) The Diaz family.
(c) The Chung family.
(d) The Tate family.
14. What do the children use for altars?
(b) Lawn chairs.
(c) Cinder blocks.
15. Who is the most interested in visiting Egypt on Halloween night?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of store does the Professor own?
2. What happens during the ceremony the Egyptians perform after their long absence?
3. What does the chapter, Enter Melanie--And Marshall, reveal to readers?
4. What does April interpret as the sign to break off from the trick-or-treating group?
5. What is the Professor's response to what April tells him on her first visit to his shop?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)