|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What suggestion is given to April and Melanie after the new family moves in?
(a) To befriend Elizabeth.
(b) To babysit for them.
(c) To tutor the children.
(d) To help the new family with chores.
2. What do April and Melanie decide to make to accompany the bust of Nefertiti?
(a) A pyramid.
(b) A tablet with hieroglyphics.
(c) A statue of Set.
(d) A sphynx.
3. What are the names of the girls who play the Egypt Game?
(a) Melissa and Amy.
(b) Melissa and April.
(c) Melanie and Amy.
(d) Melanie and April.
4. What does April look at when she first visits the Professor's curio shop?
5. What is Marshall's name in the Egypt Game?
(a) Pharoah Kontar.
(b) Pharaoh Marshotep.
(c) Pharaoh Marshamosis.
(d) Pharoah Najjah.
6. Who is concerned about the plan for Halloween night?
7. What is the story of the first Egypt Game?
(a) They plan to capture the bloody heart of the Pharaoh.
(b) They plan to wage war on the Phoenicians.
(c) They plan on mummifying a dead body.
(d) They plan to dethrone the evil Pharaoh .
8. What does the lean-to rest on?
(a) A concrete slab.
(b) A palette.
(c) A grassy patch.
(d) An old trunk.
9. What becomes April and Melanie's shared passion?
(a) Creating artwork.
(b) Ancient Egypt.
(c) Movie Stars.
(d) King Arthur's Court.
10. What is a sign that April is adjusting at Wilson School?
(a) The coolest boys are calling April by a nickname.
(b) She has new friends.
(c) The kids do not make fun of her.
(d) April wants to run for student council.
11. What does April think the Egyptians should do after their long absence from Egypt?
(a) They should perform a ritual chant of praise.
(b) They should perform a repentance ceremony.
(c) They should give thanks for their return.
(d) They should perform a bloody sacrifice to appease the angry gods.
12. What does the Professor do while April is in his shop?
(a) He watches her.
(b) He helps another customer.
(c) He arranges a case.
(d) He talks on the telephone.
13. Who is the most interested in visiting Egypt on Halloween night?
14. Where did April get the name with which she introduces herself to Melanie?
(a) From her love of Egypt.
(b) Her mother is known in Hollywood as Dorthea Dawn.
(c) From a story in a magazine.
(d) Her grandmother studied their family geneology.
15. What do the Egyptians do when they return to Egypt at night?
(a) They chant the Celebration of the Return to Egypt.
(b) They perform the Rite of Return after a long absence.
(c) They sing the songs they have written during their absence.
(d) They perform the Welcome Ritual.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do April and Melanie place what they find on the way to school?
2. To what do the children attribute the changes to Egypt after they return from their hiatus?
3. From where does the Professor watch the children play the Egypt Game?
4. What is April's first impression of the Professor?
5. Which adult interrupts the Egypt Game with news about an incident in the neighborhood?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)