|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Egyptians begin recording their rites and ceremonies?
(a) In calligraphy.
(b) In pig latin.
(c) In English.
(d) In Morse code.
2. What do Melanie and Elizabeth do that is counter to their initial decision regarding the new family?
(a) They do more than what is asked of them.
(b) They spend time with the new family.
(c) They invite Elizabeth to play the Egypt Game.
(d) They help others in addition to the new family.
3. Where do the four Egyptians join a larger trick-or-treating group on Halloween night?
(a) At the library.
(b) On Orchard Avenue.
(c) At the park.
(d) At Wilson School.
4. What does the lean-to rest on?
(a) A grassy patch.
(b) An old trunk.
(c) A concrete slab.
(d) A palette.
5. What is one of the first things April does after she arrives in the new neighborhood?
(a) She looks at maps of the area.
(b) She writes letters home.
(c) She explores the neighborhood.
(d) She observes everything from her window.
6. What does April interpret as the sign to break off from the trick-or-treating group?
(a) A bat flying through the air.
(b) An owl hooting.
(c) A shooting star.
(d) A lunar eclipse.
7. What is the four Egyptians' opinion about visiting Egypt at night?
(a) It is scary.
(b) It is enticing.
(c) It is boring.
(d) It is unpleasant.
8. What type of store does the Professor own?
(a) A haberdashery.
(b) A book store.
(c) A dry goods store.
(d) A curio shop.
9. How do the children find Egypt when they return after their hiatus?
(a) Nothing has changed.
(b) The statue of Set has been damaged.
(c) The crocodile stone has been moved.
(d) The flowers are dead.
10. What plan does the Egypt gang have for Halloween night?
(a) To split off from the group and visit Egypt at night.
(b) To perform a sacrifice.
(c) To hold the Egypt Game at the park.
(d) To soap the Professor's store windows.
11. Where do the children play the Egypt Game?
(a) In the alley by the Professor's curio shop.
(b) At a friend's house next to the Professor's curio shop.
(c) In a yard behind the Professor's curio shop.
(d) At a park across from the Professor's curio shop.
12. Why do April and Melanie decide to place their "finding" where they do?
(a) Because it looks evil.
(b) So everyone can see it.
(c) To protect the items in the temple.
(d) Because it is convenient.
13. What is April's first impression of the Professor?
(a) She feels sorry for him.
(b) She thinks he is friendly.
(c) She is fearful of him.
(d) She thinks he is funny.
14. What is April's mother's profession?
(a) She is an accountant
(b) She is a cleaning lady.
(c) She is a nurse.
(d) She is an aspiring movie actress.
15. Who is concerned about the plan for Halloween night?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Professor's shop in relation to where April is staying?
2. How often do April and Melanie see each other before school begins?
3. What do April and Melanie decide to make to accompany the bust of Nefertiti?
4. What do April and Melanie decide regarding the new family?
5. Whom does April and Melanie think Elizabeth looks like?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)