|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does April and Melanie think Elizabeth looks like?
(a) Actress Sophia Lauren.
(b) Queen Nefertiti.
(c) April's mother.
2. How many children are there in the new family in Casa Rosada?
(a) Three sons.
(b) One daughter and one son.
(c) Three daughters.
(d) One daughter.
3. What helps April and Melanie change their mind regarding their decision about the new family?
(a) They meet Elizabeth.
(b) Their parents coerce them.
(c) They witness another family on the street with young children.
(d) April and Melanie discuss the situation and come to a different conclusion.
4. What idea is finally agreed upon by the Egyptians to set things right after their long absence?
(a) To write their names in blood.
(b) To sacrifice hair and pieces of fingernails.
(c) To offer something of value to the gods.
(d) To kill insects.
5. What do April and Melanie decide regarding the new family?
(a) They will babysit for only two months.
(b) They decide to help everyone but Emily.
(c) They will only help Elizabeth at school.
(d) They decide to go against their parents' wishes.
6. Where does Caroline live?
(a) In The Dorchester.
(b) In Cielito Bonito.
(c) In Lindell Towers
(d) In Casa Rosada.
7. What is the situation with the male head of household in the new family in Casa Rosada?
(a) He travels a lot.
(b) He is unemployed.
(c) He recently died.
(d) He is in jail.
8. What does the boy who plays the Egypt Game carry?
(a) A teddy bear.
(b) A ball.
(c) A stuffed octopus.
(d) A toy truck.
9. How do April and Melanie spend their time together before school begins?
(a) Playing dress up.
(b) Going to the library.
(c) Going to the movies.
(d) Doing arts and crafts.
10. What assures the children that the Professor is not watching them?
(a) The back window is caked with dirt.
(b) The lean-to blocks the view from the Professor's shop.
(c) The bushes are overgrown in the yard.
(d) They see customers coming in and out of his shop.
11. When does the Egypt Game begin?
(a) Right before school begins.
(b) After school begins.
(c) In the summer.
(d) Before winter.
12. What happens during the ceremony the Egyptians perform after their long absence?
(a) The Egyptians notice something strange.
(b) They hear a scream.
(c) Marshall starts to cry.
(d) The candles go out.
13. How do the Egyptians begin recording their rites and ceremonies?
(a) In Morse code.
(b) In English.
(c) In pig latin.
(d) In calligraphy.
14. What is the four Egyptians' opinion about visiting Egypt at night?
(a) It is boring.
(b) It is enticing.
(c) It is unpleasant.
(d) It is scary.
15. What does April look at when she first visits the Professor's curio shop?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of store does the Professor own?
2. What is NOT found in the structure where the children play the Egypt Game?
3. What part of Casa Rosada does the new family inhabit?
4. What happens while April is playing with Melanie?
5. What does Melanie find in the location where the Egypt Game will be played?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)