|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does April interpret as the sign to break off from the trick-or-treating group?
(a) A bat flying through the air.
(b) A lunar eclipse.
(c) An owl hooting.
(d) A shooting star.
2. What is the Professor's response to what April tells him on her first visit to his shop?
(a) He is sympathetic.
(b) He is helpful.
(c) He is mainly silent.
(d) He is abraisive.
3. What does April tell Melanie her name is when she meets her?
(a) Princess April.
(b) April Seshat.
(c) April the Great.
(d) April Dawn.
4. What do the Egyptians do when they return to Egypt at night?
(a) They sing the songs they have written during their absence.
(b) They perform the Welcome Ritual.
(c) They chant the Celebration of the Return to Egypt.
(d) They perform the Rite of Return after a long absence.
5. What do April and Melanie find on their way to school?
(a) A scorpion ring.
(b) A decorative "ceremony" bottle.
(c) A "crocodile stone".
(d) An amulet.
6. What do April and Melanie decide regarding the new family?
(a) They will babysit for only two months.
(b) They decide to go against their parents' wishes.
(c) They decide to help everyone but Emily.
(d) They will only help Elizabeth at school.
7. What is the location for playing the Egypt Game?
(a) An alley.
(b) An abandoned yard.
(c) A concrete pad.
(d) A garage.
8. When does April meet Melanie and Marshall?
(a) On the street in their neighborhood.
(b) When she has lunch with the Rosses.
(c) At the park.
(d) When she comes to babysit Marshall.
9. Which adult interrupts the Egypt Game with news about an incident in the neighborhood?
(a) Mrs. Ross.
(b) The Professor.
(c) Mrs. Chung.
10. What do the children do before leaving Egypt on the first day of the game?
(a) They leave a bouquet of flowers.
(b) They move brush in front of the entrance.
(c) They write their names on a rock.
(d) They make a pact.
11. What type of store does the Professor own?
(a) A curio shop.
(b) A book store.
(c) A dry goods store.
(d) A haberdashery.
12. What does April do while the others are waiting outside of Egypt on their night-time visit?
(a) She sets out four cushions to sit on.
(b) She lights candles.
(c) She arranges the statues.
(d) She sweeps the temple.
13. What connects April and Melanie as friends?
(a) They like the same foods.
(b) They both like to play Monopoly.
(c) They like the same movie stars.
(d) Their interest in ancient Egypt.
14. What other interest do April and Melanie share?
(a) All things ancient.
(c) Pioneer life.
15. How many children are there in the new family in Casa Rosada?
(a) Three daughters.
(b) One daughter and one son.
(c) One daughter.
(d) Three sons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT found in the structure where the children play the Egypt Game?
2. How is April dressed when she meets Melanie?
3. How do the Egyptians begin recording their rites and ceremonies?
4. Why does Melanie visit April the night before school begins?
5. What do April, Melanie and Marshall find when they return to the yard to play for the second time?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)