|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do April and Melanie place what they find on the way to school?
(a) At the feet of Set.
(b) On a shelf.
(c) In front of the Nefertiti bust.
(d) At the entrance to the temple.
2. Where do the children play the Egypt Game?
(a) At a park across from the Professor's curio shop.
(b) In the alley by the Professor's curio shop.
(c) In a yard behind the Professor's curio shop.
(d) At a friend's house next to the Professor's curio shop.
3. What do April and Melanie decide regarding the new family?
(a) They decide to go against their parents' wishes.
(b) They decide to help everyone but Emily.
(c) They will only help Elizabeth at school.
(d) They will babysit for only two months.
4. What are the names of the girls who play the Egypt Game?
(a) Melanie and Amy.
(b) Melissa and April.
(c) Melissa and Amy.
(d) Melanie and April.
5. Which Egyptian typically wants to get permission before doing something?
6. What material do April and Melanie use to make their accompaniment to the Nefertiti bust?
(b) Plaster of Paris.
(d) Modeling clay.
7. When does April meet Melanie and Marshall?
(a) On the street in their neighborhood.
(b) When she comes to babysit Marshall.
(c) When she has lunch with the Rosses.
(d) At the park.
8. From where does the Professor watch the children play the Egypt Game?
(a) From a storeroom.
(b) From his office.
(c) From the roof.
(d) From the break room.
9. What happens while April is playing with Melanie?
(a) April remembers that her mother is supposed to call.
(b) April starts feeling sick.
(c) They think up the Egypt Game.
(d) April loses her haughty attitude.
10. What do April and Melanie think about the suggestion regarding the new family?
(a) They think their parents are being unfair.
(b) They do not want anyone to butt into their friendship.
(c) They think it is a wonderful idea.
(d) They do not want their free time infringed on.
11. What does April interpret as the sign to break off from the trick-or-treating group?
(a) A shooting star.
(b) A lunar eclipse.
(c) A bat flying through the air.
(d) An owl hooting.
12. How do the Egyptians know when to act on their plan?
(a) They will give each other a look.
(b) They will listen for the clock in the town square to strike seven.
(c) They will wait until it is time to go home.
(d) They look for a sign.
13. What do the children use for altars?
(b) Cinder blocks.
(c) Lawn chairs.
14. What do the Egyptians do when they return to Egypt at night?
(a) They perform the Welcome Ritual.
(b) They chant the Celebration of the Return to Egypt.
(c) They sing the songs they have written during their absence.
(d) They perform the Rite of Return after a long absence.
15. What is one of the first things April does after she arrives in the new neighborhood?
(a) She explores the neighborhood.
(b) She observes everything from her window.
(c) She looks at maps of the area.
(d) She writes letters home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What suggestion is given to April and Melanie after the new family moves in?
2. Whom do April and Melanie run into while trick-or-treating?
3. What is Melanie's initial impression of April?
4. What do April, Melanie and Marshall find when they return to the yard to play for the second time?
5. Who moves into Casa Rosada after school begins?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)