|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Caroline live?
(a) In The Dorchester.
(b) In Lindell Towers
(c) In Cielito Bonito.
(d) In Casa Rosada.
2. What is Melanie's initial impression of April?
(a) She finds April intriguing.
(b) She feels sorry for April.
(c) She is put off by April's attitude.
(d) She finds April comical.
3. What are the names of the girls who play the Egypt Game?
(a) Melissa and April.
(b) Melissa and Amy.
(c) Melanie and Amy.
(d) Melanie and April.
4. How do the Egyptians begin recording their rites and ceremonies?
(a) In English.
(b) In calligraphy.
(c) In pig latin.
(d) In Morse code.
5. Who are the first children that April meets?
(a) Melissa and Amy.
(b) Elizabeth and Dorothea.
(c) Melanie and Marshall.
(d) Toby and Ken.
6. What does April tell Melanie her name is when she meets her?
(a) April Dawn.
(b) April Seshat.
(c) April the Great.
(d) Princess April.
7. What does April think the Egyptians should do after their long absence from Egypt?
(a) They should perform a bloody sacrifice to appease the angry gods.
(b) They should perform a repentance ceremony.
(c) They should perform a ritual chant of praise.
(d) They should give thanks for their return.
8. What does April find in Melanie's room during their first encounter?
(b) Make up.
(d) Dress up clothes.
9. What is Marshall's name in the Egypt Game?
(a) Pharaoh Marshotep.
(b) Pharaoh Marshamosis.
(c) Pharoah Najjah.
(d) Pharoah Kontar.
10. What other interest do April and Melanie share?
(b) All things ancient.
(c) Pioneer life.
11. What is NOT an activity in Egypt?
(a) Animals are sacrificed to the gods.
(b) Thrones are crafted.
(c) Rites and ceremonies are decided upon and written down.
(d) Altars are built and decorated.
12. What do April and Melanie think about the suggestion regarding the new family?
(a) They think their parents are being unfair.
(b) They do not want their free time infringed on.
(c) They do not want anyone to butt into their friendship.
(d) They think it is a wonderful idea.
13. What do the children use for altars?
(a) Cinder blocks.
(d) Lawn chairs.
14. What do April, Melanie and Marshall find when they return to the yard to play for the second time?
(a) Someone has moved their things.
(b) The bust of Nefertiti is missing.
(c) Someone has put more junk in the yard.
(d) Everything is just as they had left it.
15. What do the Egyptians give reverence to after their long absence from Egypt?
(a) The bust of Nefertiti.
(b) The god Osiris.
(c) The gods Set and Isis.
(d) The crocodile stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the female head of household looking for?
2. How many children are there in the new family in Casa Rosada?
3. Who is concerned about the plan for Halloween night?
4. What idea is finally agreed upon by the Egyptians to set things right after their long absence?
5. What do the children call the lean-to?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)