|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the chapter, Enter Melanie--And Marshall, reveal to readers?
(a) That April is no longer completely on her own.
(b) That Melanie's homelife is uncomfortable, so she creates an imaginary world.
(c) That Marshall can sometimes be a nuisance.
(d) That Melanie has difficulty making friends.
2. What other interest do April and Melanie share?
(a) Pioneer life.
(d) All things ancient.
3. Whom do April and Melanie run into while trick-or-treating?
(a) Kevin and Tyler.
(b) Ken and Toby.
(c) Karl and Timmy.
(d) Keith and Tommy.
4. What are the children unaware of during the Egypt Game?
(a) Storm clouds are forming.
(b) The lean-to continues to sag.
(c) A guard dog is sometimes allowed to roam in the yard.
(d) The Professor is watching them through the window.
5. What happens while April is playing with Melanie?
(a) April remembers that her mother is supposed to call.
(b) They think up the Egypt Game.
(c) April loses her haughty attitude.
(d) April starts feeling sick.
6. Whom does April and Melanie think Elizabeth looks like?
(a) Queen Nefertiti.
(c) April's mother.
(d) Actress Sophia Lauren.
7. Which adult interrupts the Egypt Game with news about an incident in the neighborhood?
(b) Mrs. Ross.
(c) The Professor.
(d) Mrs. Chung.
8. What do April and Melanie think about the suggestion regarding the new family?
(a) They do not want anyone to butt into their friendship.
(b) They think their parents are being unfair.
(c) They think it is a wonderful idea.
(d) They do not want their free time infringed on.
9. Who is questioned regarding the incident in the neighborhood?
(a) The Professor.
(b) The children.
(d) Mrs. Ross.
10. What do the children do before leaving Egypt on the first day of the game?
(a) They write their names on a rock.
(b) They make a pact.
(c) They leave a bouquet of flowers.
(d) They move brush in front of the entrance.
11. What is the situation with the male head of household in the new family in Casa Rosada?
(a) He recently died.
(b) He is in jail.
(c) He is unemployed.
(d) He travels a lot.
12. What do the Egyptians give reverence to after their long absence from Egypt?
(a) The bust of Nefertiti.
(b) The crocodile stone.
(c) The god Osiris.
(d) The gods Set and Isis.
13. Where is the Professor's shop in relation to where April is staying?
(a) Across the street.
(b) Around the corner.
(c) Behind the alley.
(d) Next door.
14. What is April and Melanie's friendship based on?
(a) They both love poetry.
(b) They are both girl scouts.
(c) They are both socially isolated.
(d) They both have a great imagination.
15. What is Melanie's initial impression of April?
(a) She is put off by April's attitude.
(b) She finds April comical.
(c) She feels sorry for April.
(d) She finds April intriguing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did April get the name with which she introduces herself to Melanie?
2. What idea is finally agreed upon by the Egyptians to set things right after their long absence?
3. When does April meet Melanie and Marshall?
4. What are Melanie's concerns before the school year begins?
5. Why are the children afraid of the Professor?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)