|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Egyptians give reverence to after their long absence from Egypt?
(a) The crocodile stone.
(b) The god Osiris.
(c) The bust of Nefertiti.
(d) The gods Set and Isis.
2. What is the location for playing the Egypt Game?
(a) A concrete pad.
(b) An abandoned yard.
(c) A garage.
(d) An alley.
3. Who moves into Casa Rosada after school begins?
(a) The Diaz family.
(b) The Teng family.
(c) The Chung family.
(d) The Tate family.
4. What assures the children that the Professor is not watching them?
(a) The bushes are overgrown in the yard.
(b) The lean-to blocks the view from the Professor's shop.
(c) They see customers coming in and out of his shop.
(d) The back window is caked with dirt.
5. What is a sign that April is adjusting at Wilson School?
(a) She has new friends.
(b) The coolest boys are calling April by a nickname.
(c) April wants to run for student council.
(d) The kids do not make fun of her.
6. When does April meet Melanie and Marshall?
(a) When she comes to babysit Marshall.
(b) On the street in their neighborhood.
(c) At the park.
(d) When she has lunch with the Rosses.
7. What material do April and Melanie use to make their accompaniment to the Nefertiti bust?
(a) Plaster of Paris.
(b) Modeling clay.
8. Which Egyptian typically wants to get permission before doing something?
9. Where is the Professor's shop in relation to where April is staying?
(a) Around the corner.
(b) Behind the alley.
(c) Across the street.
(d) Next door.
10. What happens during the ceremony the Egyptians perform after their long absence?
(a) They hear a scream.
(b) The candles go out.
(c) The Egyptians notice something strange.
(d) Marshall starts to cry.
11. Which adult interrupts the Egypt Game with news about an incident in the neighborhood?
(a) Mrs. Ross.
(c) Mrs. Chung.
(d) The Professor.
12. What is NOT found in the structure where the children play the Egypt Game?
(a) A bust of Nefertiti.
(b) A chest.
(c) A statue of Diana.
(d) A bird bath.
13. What is an old mixing bowl used for in the Egypt Game?
(a) For offerings to the gods and goddesses.
(b) For a headdress.
(c) For mixing potions.
(d) For sacred fires.
14. Why do April and Melanie decide to place their "finding" where they do?
(a) To protect the items in the temple.
(b) Because it looks evil.
(c) Because it is convenient.
(d) So everyone can see it.
15. How do April and Melanie spend their time together before school begins?
(a) Going to the library.
(b) Doing arts and crafts.
(c) Playing dress up.
(d) Going to the movies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Melanie go home when visiting April the night before school begins?
2. Where do the four Egyptians join a larger trick-or-treating group on Halloween night?
3. What do the children do before leaving Egypt on the first day of the game?
4. What do Melanie and Elizabeth do that is counter to their initial decision regarding the new family?
5. What do April, Melanie and Marshall find when they return to the yard to play for the second time?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)