|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is April dressed when she meets Melanie?
(a) She is wearing an Egyptian robe and headress.
(b) She wears her hair up, has false eyelashes and a fur.
(c) She is in a fortune-teller's outfit.
(d) Her hair is in a ponytail, and she wears a t-shirt and tennis shoes.
2. What are Melanie's concerns before the school year begins?
(a) She does not know how April will fit in.
(b) She hopes she will be on the basketball team.
(c) She hopes she will earn good grades.
(d) She hopes she will make new friends.
3. Why do April and Melanie decide to place their "finding" where they do?
(a) Because it is convenient.
(b) So everyone can see it.
(c) To protect the items in the temple.
(d) Because it looks evil.
4. What happens during the ceremony the Egyptians perform after their long absence?
(a) The Egyptians notice something strange.
(b) They hear a scream.
(c) Marshall starts to cry.
(d) The candles go out.
5. What part of Casa Rosada does the new family inhabit?
(a) The third floor.
(b) The first floor.
(c) The basement.
(d) The second floor.
6. What does April discuss with the Professor on her first visit to his shop?
(a) Her circumstances.
(c) The community.
(d) The weather.
7. How many children are there in the new family in Casa Rosada?
(a) One daughter.
(b) Three sons.
(c) One daughter and one son.
(d) Three daughters.
8. What are April's worries before she begins school?
(a) About whether she will be moving again.
(b) About whether she will like the new school.
(c) About whether she will have a boyfriend.
(d) About whether she will see her mother again.
9. What becomes April and Melanie's shared passion?
(a) Creating artwork.
(b) Movie Stars.
(c) King Arthur's Court.
(d) Ancient Egypt.
10. What is April's mother's profession?
(a) She is a nurse.
(b) She is an accountant
(c) She is an aspiring movie actress.
(d) She is a cleaning lady.
11. What are the children unaware of during the Egypt Game?
(a) The lean-to continues to sag.
(b) A guard dog is sometimes allowed to roam in the yard.
(c) The Professor is watching them through the window.
(d) Storm clouds are forming.
12. What event saves Halloween?
(a) The school holds a Halloween party.
(b) The culprit is found.
(c) Fathers volunteer to take children trick-or-treating.
(d) The police send out extra patrols.
13. What event happens in the neighborhood that places a temporary halt to the Egypt Game?
(a) A girl from the neighborhood is found dead.
(b) There are reports of a child molester in the neighborhood.
(c) Property is defaced.
(d) There are some burglaries in the neighborhood.
14. What do Melanie and Elizabeth do that is counter to their initial decision regarding the new family?
(a) They help others in addition to the new family.
(b) They do more than what is asked of them.
(c) They invite Elizabeth to play the Egypt Game.
(d) They spend time with the new family.
15. How often do April and Melanie see each other before school begins?
(a) Almost everyday.
(b) Several times.
(d) A few times a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Caroline's profession?
2. What do the children call the lean-to?
3. Why does Melanie go home when visiting April the night before school begins?
4. What does April think the Egyptians should do after their long absence from Egypt?
5. Which Egyptian typically wants to get permission before doing something?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)