|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do April and Melanie decide to make to accompany the bust of Nefertiti?
(a) A tablet with hieroglyphics.
(b) A pyramid.
(c) A sphynx.
(d) A statue of Set.
2. What does April interpret as the sign to break off from the trick-or-treating group?
(a) An owl hooting.
(b) A shooting star.
(c) A bat flying through the air.
(d) A lunar eclipse.
3. What is an old mixing bowl used for in the Egypt Game?
(a) For a headdress.
(b) For sacred fires.
(c) For mixing potions.
(d) For offerings to the gods and goddesses.
4. Which adult interrupts the Egypt Game with news about an incident in the neighborhood?
(a) Mrs. Ross.
(c) The Professor.
(d) Mrs. Chung.
5. What item in Egypt is used to help the Egyptians decide what to do after their long absence?
(b) The crocodile stone.
(c) The guidelines written on the scrolls.
(d) A die.
6. What do April and Melanie think about the suggestion regarding the new family?
(a) They do not want anyone to butt into their friendship.
(b) They think it is a wonderful idea.
(c) They do not want their free time infringed on.
(d) They think their parents are being unfair.
7. Where do the children play the Egypt Game?
(a) In the alley by the Professor's curio shop.
(b) At a park across from the Professor's curio shop.
(c) In a yard behind the Professor's curio shop.
(d) At a friend's house next to the Professor's curio shop.
8. What month does the Professor witness the beginning of the Egypt Game?
9. What do the Egyptians do when they return to Egypt at night?
(a) They perform the Welcome Ritual.
(b) They sing the songs they have written during their absence.
(c) They chant the Celebration of the Return to Egypt.
(d) They perform the Rite of Return after a long absence.
10. What event happens in the neighborhood that places a temporary halt to the Egypt Game?
(a) There are some burglaries in the neighborhood.
(b) A girl from the neighborhood is found dead.
(c) There are reports of a child molester in the neighborhood.
(d) Property is defaced.
11. What do April and Melanie do after April finds out what Melanie does with the pictures?
(a) They throw darts at them.
(b) They make up stories.
(c) They mark them up.
(d) They create artwork.
12. What do April and Melanie decide regarding the new family?
(a) They decide to go against their parents' wishes.
(b) They will babysit for only two months.
(c) They decide to help everyone but Emily.
(d) They will only help Elizabeth at school.
13. Why are the children afraid of the Professor?
(a) Because he yells at them and posts signs.
(b) Because of his large size.
(c) Because of his silence and his appearance.
(d) Because of the customers that frequent his store.
14. Whom does April and Melanie think Elizabeth looks like?
(a) Queen Nefertiti.
(b) April's mother.
(c) Actress Sophia Lauren.
15. What are April's worries before she begins school?
(a) About whether she will like the new school.
(b) About whether she will be moving again.
(c) About whether she will have a boyfriend.
(d) About whether she will see her mother again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the first children that April meets?
2. What is one of the first things April does after she arrives in the new neighborhood?
3. What material do April and Melanie use to make their accompaniment to the Nefertiti bust?
4. Why does Melanie visit April the night before school begins?
5. Who is concerned about the plan for Halloween night?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)