|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gains and Losses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the chapter, Enter Melanie--And Marshall, reveal to readers?
(a) That Melanie has difficulty making friends.
(b) That Melanie's homelife is uncomfortable, so she creates an imaginary world.
(c) That April is no longer completely on her own.
(d) That Marshall can sometimes be a nuisance.
2. What do Ken and Toby bring to Egypt after the children are permitted outside again?
(a) They bring snacks for everyone.
(b) They bring supplies for Set's altar.
(c) They bring a drawing of Ra for the altar.
(d) They bring scrolls they have been working on.
3. Where is the "artifact" placed in the area where the Egypt Game is played?
(a) Out in the open.
(b) Under a bush.
(c) On top of a rock.
(d) Under the lean-to.
4. What is the Professor's response to what April tells him on her first visit to his shop?
(a) He is abraisive.
(b) He is helpful.
(c) He is sympathetic.
(d) He is mainly silent.
5. Where is the Professor's shop in relation to where April is staying?
(a) Around the corner.
(b) Across the street.
(c) Next door.
(d) Behind the alley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Melanie like to do with pictures she cuts out?
2. What does April decide after she receives the item from her mother around Christmas time?
3. Where do the children play the Egypt Game?
4. How do the Egyptians know when to act on their plan?
5. What helps April and Melanie change their mind regarding their decision about the new family?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)