|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Oracle of Thoth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the children use for altars?
(a) Cinder blocks.
(d) Lawn chairs.
2. What is April's first impression of the Professor?
(a) She thinks he is funny.
(b) She thinks he is friendly.
(c) She feels sorry for him.
(d) She is fearful of him.
3. How do the children find Egypt when they return after their hiatus?
(a) The statue of Set has been damaged.
(b) The flowers are dead.
(c) The crocodile stone has been moved.
(d) Nothing has changed.
4. To what do the children attribute the changes to Egypt after they return from their hiatus?
(a) To Set's evil powers and Nefertiti's beauty.
(b) To a curse on the temple.
(c) To the powers of Isis and the crocodile stone.
(d) To someone who has broken into Egypt.
5. What is the setting for the story?
(a) A university town.
(b) A suburb.
(c) A factory town.
(d) A large city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Melanie reveal about herself during April's first visit?
2. What do the Egyptians decide that the procession should have?
3. What other interest do April and Melanie share?
4. What does Melanie like to do with pictures she cuts out?
5. From where does the Professor watch the children play the Egypt Game?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)