|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Oracle of Thoth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Oracle of Thoth work?
(a) Someone leaves a question to be answered in Thoth's beak.
(b) The Egyptians use Oracle bones to make soup.
(c) There is a festival.
(d) The priest or priestess pretends to fall into a trance and answer questions.
2. What do the Egyptians give themselves for the purpose of writing notes?
(a) Egyptian symbols.
(b) A special color of paper for each Egyptian.
(c) A special seal.
(d) A special color of ink for each Egyptian.
3. What assures the children that the Professor is not watching them?
(a) The bushes are overgrown in the yard.
(b) The lean-to blocks the view from the Professor's shop.
(c) The back window is caked with dirt.
(d) They see customers coming in and out of his shop.
4. How do the Egyptians know when to act on their plan?
(a) They look for a sign.
(b) They will give each other a look.
(c) They will wait until it is time to go home.
(d) They will listen for the clock in the town square to strike seven.
5. What plan does the Egypt gang have for Halloween night?
(a) To soap the Professor's store windows.
(b) To perform a sacrifice.
(c) To split off from the group and visit Egypt at night.
(d) To hold the Egypt Game at the park.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Melanie do to April before school begins?
2. Where is the "artifact" placed in the area where the Egypt Game is played?
3. What does April do while the others are waiting outside of Egypt on their night-time visit?
4. What does April discuss with the Professor on her first visit to his shop?
5. What do the Egyptians do after the Oracle of Thoth is performed?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)