|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Return to Egypt.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Egyptians do when they return to Egypt at night?
(a) They chant the Celebration of the Return to Egypt.
(b) They perform the Welcome Ritual.
(c) They sing the songs they have written during their absence.
(d) They perform the Rite of Return after a long absence.
2. What other interest do April and Melanie share?
(a) Pioneer life.
(d) All things ancient.
3. Why does Melanie visit April the night before school begins?
(a) To give April pointers.
(b) To calm April down.
(c) To help April pick out clothes.
(d) To steal her false eyelashes.
4. What do April and Melanie eventually devise to record their rites and ceremonies?
(a) They create a form of hieroglyphics.
(b) They take photos.
(c) They create an invisible ink.
(d) They create a secret code.
5. What does Melanie do to April before school begins?
(a) She says mean things to her.
(b) She kidnaps her eyelashes.
(c) She introduces April to her friends.
(d) She gives her a makeover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Melanie find in the location where the Egypt Game will be played?
2. How do the Egyptians know when to act on their plan?
3. What does Melanie bring to April's house the night before school begins?
4. To what do the children attribute the changes to Egypt after they return from their hiatus?
5. How do the children find Egypt when they return after their hiatus?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)