|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Return to Egypt.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do April and Melanie decide to make to accompany the bust of Nefertiti?
(a) A tablet with hieroglyphics.
(b) A pyramid.
(c) A sphynx.
(d) A statue of Set.
2. When does April meet Melanie and Marshall?
(a) At the park.
(b) When she has lunch with the Rosses.
(c) On the street in their neighborhood.
(d) When she comes to babysit Marshall.
3. What other interest do April and Melanie share?
(a) Pioneer life.
(d) All things ancient.
4. What do Melanie and Elizabeth do that is counter to their initial decision regarding the new family?
(a) They invite Elizabeth to play the Egypt Game.
(b) They help others in addition to the new family.
(c) They do more than what is asked of them.
(d) They spend time with the new family.
5. To what do the children attribute the changes to Egypt after they return from their hiatus?
(a) To Set's evil powers and Nefertiti's beauty.
(b) To someone who has broken into Egypt.
(c) To the powers of Isis and the crocodile stone.
(d) To a curse on the temple.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event happens in the neighborhood that places a temporary halt to the Egypt Game?
2. What does the chapter, Enter Melanie--And Marshall, reveal to readers?
3. What are April's worries before she begins school?
4. How often do April and Melanie see each other before school begins?
5. What connects April and Melanie as friends?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)