|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prisoners of Fear.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Melanie go home when visiting April the night before school begins?
(a) Caroline tells the girls it is time to go to bed.
(b) She and April have a fight.
(c) Melanie wants to get her school supplies ready.
(d) She promised to read a book to Marshall before bed.
2. What do the children use for altars?
(b) Lawn chairs.
(c) Cinder blocks.
3. How does Melanie feel about the Professor?
(a) He is very likeable.
(b) He makes her nervous.
(c) He is mean.
(d) He is very knowledgeable.
4. What is an old mixing bowl used for in the Egypt Game?
(a) For sacred fires.
(b) For offerings to the gods and goddesses.
(c) For a headdress.
(d) For mixing potions.
5. What does the chapter, Enter Melanie--And Marshall, reveal to readers?
(a) That April is no longer completely on her own.
(b) That Marshall can sometimes be a nuisance.
(c) That Melanie has difficulty making friends.
(d) That Melanie's homelife is uncomfortable, so she creates an imaginary world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What suggestion is given to April and Melanie after the new family moves in?
2. When does April meet Melanie and Marshall?
3. What does April look at when she first visits the Professor's curio shop?
4. Why are the children afraid of the Professor?
5. Where is the "artifact" placed in the area where the Egypt Game is played?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)