|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prisoners of Fear.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the children afraid of the Professor?
(a) Because of his large size.
(b) Because of his silence and his appearance.
(c) Because he yells at them and posts signs.
(d) Because of the customers that frequent his store.
2. What does April find in Melanie's room during their first encounter?
(a) Dress up clothes.
(c) Make up.
3. How do the Egyptians begin recording their rites and ceremonies?
(a) In English.
(b) In pig latin.
(c) In Morse code.
(d) In calligraphy.
4. What do the children call the lean-to?
(a) A tomb.
(b) A pyramid.
(c) A hut.
(d) A temple.
5. Which adult interrupts the Egypt Game with news about an incident in the neighborhood?
(a) Mrs. Chung.
(b) Mrs. Ross.
(c) The Professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month does the Professor witness the beginning of the Egypt Game?
2. What does April tell Melanie her name is when she meets her?
3. From where does the Professor watch the children play the Egypt Game?
4. What does the chapter, Enter Melanie--And Marshall, reveal to readers?
5. Why does Melanie go home when visiting April the night before school begins?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)