|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Eyelashes and Ceremony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Melanie's concerns before the school year begins?
(a) She hopes she will make new friends.
(b) She hopes she will be on the basketball team.
(c) She does not know how April will fit in.
(d) She hopes she will earn good grades.
2. What do the children do in preparation to play the Egypt Game?
(a) They make up alibis to tell their parents.
(b) They do research about ancient Egypt.
(c) They assign roles.
(d) They clean up the area.
3. What are April's worries before she begins school?
(a) About whether she will have a boyfriend.
(b) About whether she will like the new school.
(c) About whether she will be moving again.
(d) About whether she will see her mother again.
4. Where did April get the name with which she introduces herself to Melanie?
(a) Her mother is known in Hollywood as Dorthea Dawn.
(b) From her love of Egypt.
(c) Her grandmother studied their family geneology.
(d) From a story in a magazine.
5. What is one of the first things April does after she arrives in the new neighborhood?
(a) She writes letters home.
(b) She explores the neighborhood.
(c) She observes everything from her window.
(d) She looks at maps of the area.
Short Answer Questions
1. What structure is in the area where the children play the Egypt Game?
2. How do April and Melanie spend their time together before school begins?
3. What do April and Melanie decide to make to accompany the bust of Nefertiti?
4. What material do April and Melanie use to make their accompaniment to the Nefertiti bust?
5. What do April, Melanie and Marshall find when they return to the yard to play for the second time?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)