|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Gains and Losses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does April think the Egyptians should do after their long absence from Egypt?
(a) They should perform a repentance ceremony.
(b) They should perform a bloody sacrifice to appease the angry gods.
(c) They should give thanks for their return.
(d) They should perform a ritual chant of praise.
2. What does Melanie like to do with pictures she cuts out?
(a) She throws darts at them.
(b) She puts them into stories.
(c) She makes collages out of them.
(d) She draws blemishes on them.
3. How is Toby able to come and go easily from home?
(a) He sneaks out of the house while his parents are asleep.
(b) He tells his parents he is checking in on his grandmother.
(c) He always tells his parents he is at Ken's house.
(d) His parents are frequently gone in the evenings.
4. What helps April and Melanie change their mind regarding their decision about the new family?
(a) April and Melanie discuss the situation and come to a different conclusion.
(b) They meet Elizabeth.
(c) They witness another family on the street with young children.
(d) Their parents coerce them.
5. What idea is finally agreed upon by the Egyptians to set things right after their long absence?
(a) To write their names in blood.
(b) To sacrifice hair and pieces of fingernails.
(c) To offer something of value to the gods.
(d) To kill insects.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Elizabeth's pet parakeet, Petey?
2. Whom does April come to live with?
3. What do the Egyptians decide to do while they are on hiatus from the Egypt Game?
4. Which Egyptian typically wants to get permission before doing something?
5. What do April and Melanie decide to make to accompany the bust of Nefertiti?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)