|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fear Strikes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Oracle of Thoth work?
(a) There is a festival.
(b) The Egyptians use Oracle bones to make soup.
(c) The priest or priestess pretends to fall into a trance and answer questions.
(d) Someone leaves a question to be answered in Thoth's beak.
2. Why does everyone think something strange is going on in Egypt?
(a) A few of the Egyptians mention seeing a shadow lurking on the outskirts of Egypt.
(b) Someone also answered April's question.
(c) Everything has been rearranged.
(d) It appears that someone has been performing ceremonies while the Egyptians are not there.
3. What does the chapter, Enter Melanie--And Marshall, reveal to readers?
(a) That Melanie has difficulty making friends.
(b) That Marshall can sometimes be a nuisance.
(c) That April is no longer completely on her own.
(d) That Melanie's homelife is uncomfortable, so she creates an imaginary world.
4. What does April hear while they are leaving Egypt at night?
(a) The sound of an alley cat yowling.
(b) A loud crash.
(c) The sound of glass breaking and a voice calling for help.
(d) Someone screaming.
5. Who is the most interested in visiting Egypt on Halloween night?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first participant in the Oracle of Thoth?
2. What is the location for playing the Egypt Game?
3. When the Egyptians return after a long absence, what happens after their ceremony?
4. Whom does April and Melanie think Elizabeth looks like?
5. How often do April and Melanie see each other before school begins?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)