|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fear Strikes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the chapter, Enter Melanie--And Marshall, reveal to readers?
(a) That April is no longer completely on her own.
(b) That Marshall can sometimes be a nuisance.
(c) That Melanie's homelife is uncomfortable, so she creates an imaginary world.
(d) That Melanie has difficulty making friends.
2. What happens that allows Melanie and April to return to Egypt?
(a) A suspect is found.
(b) The children promise never to go outside alone.
(c) Caroline agrees to be a chaperone.
(d) The neighborhood begins to relax.
3. Where did April get the name with which she introduces herself to Melanie?
(a) From her love of Egypt.
(b) From a story in a magazine.
(c) Her mother is known in Hollywood as Dorthea Dawn.
(d) Her grandmother studied their family geneology.
4. How do the Egyptians begin recording their rites and ceremonies?
(a) In calligraphy.
(b) In English.
(c) In Morse code.
(d) In pig latin.
5. What is Toby's reaction to being in Egypt after the children are permitted outside again?
(a) He becomes bored.
(b) He is energized.
(c) He is belligerent.
(d) He is overzealous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Melanie and Elizabeth do that is counter to their initial decision regarding the new family?
2. What is one of the first things April does after she arrives in the new neighborhood?
3. What do April and Melanie eventually devise to record their rites and ceremonies?
4. Why does Melanie go home when visiting April the night before school begins?
5. What do the Egyptians do after the Oracle of Thoth is performed?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)