|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Moods and Maybes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What material do April and Melanie use to make their accompaniment to the Nefertiti bust?
(b) Plaster of Paris.
(d) Modeling clay.
2. What does the chapter, Enter Melanie--And Marshall, reveal to readers?
(a) That April is no longer completely on her own.
(b) That Marshall can sometimes be a nuisance.
(c) That Melanie has difficulty making friends.
(d) That Melanie's homelife is uncomfortable, so she creates an imaginary world.
3. What connects April and Melanie as friends?
(a) They both like to play Monopoly.
(b) They like the same movie stars.
(c) Their interest in ancient Egypt.
(d) They like the same foods.
4. Where did April get the name with which she introduces herself to Melanie?
(a) Her mother is known in Hollywood as Dorthea Dawn.
(b) Her grandmother studied their family geneology.
(c) From a story in a magazine.
(d) From her love of Egypt.
5. What does April think the Egyptians should do after their long absence from Egypt?
(a) They should perform a bloody sacrifice to appease the angry gods.
(b) They should perform a repentance ceremony.
(c) They should give thanks for their return.
(d) They should perform a ritual chant of praise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Melanie visit April the night before school begins?
2. What do April and Melanie find on their way to school?
3. What does April tell Melanie her name is when she meets her?
4. Which adult interrupts the Egypt Game with news about an incident in the neighborhood?
5. What do April and Melanie think will happen with the boys' involvement in the Egypt Game?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)