|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Moods and Maybes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Melanie like to do with pictures she cuts out?
(a) She makes collages out of them.
(b) She draws blemishes on them.
(c) She puts them into stories.
(d) She throws darts at them.
2. What is a sign that April is adjusting at Wilson School?
(a) The coolest boys are calling April by a nickname.
(b) The kids do not make fun of her.
(c) April wants to run for student council.
(d) She has new friends.
3. What do April and Melanie decide to make to accompany the bust of Nefertiti?
(a) A pyramid.
(b) A tablet with hieroglyphics.
(c) A sphynx.
(d) A statue of Set.
4. Where did April get the name with which she introduces herself to Melanie?
(a) Her grandmother studied their family geneology.
(b) Her mother is known in Hollywood as Dorthea Dawn.
(c) From her love of Egypt.
(d) From a story in a magazine.
5. When the Egyptians return after a long absence, what happens after their ceremony?
(a) Part of the lean-to comes off and lands with a crash.
(b) A huge mishapen figure lands in front of them.
(c) The candles go out.
(d) They hear an owl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Egyptians give reverence to after their long absence from Egypt?
2. What does Melanie reveal about herself during April's first visit?
3. Where do April and Melanie place what they find on the way to school?
4. What material do April and Melanie use to make their accompaniment to the Nefertiti bust?
5. What connects April and Melanie as friends?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)