|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Moods and Maybes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did April get the name with which she introduces herself to Melanie?
(a) Her mother is known in Hollywood as Dorthea Dawn.
(b) Her grandmother studied their family geneology.
(c) From a story in a magazine.
(d) From her love of Egypt.
2. What do April and Melanie decide to make to accompany the bust of Nefertiti?
(a) A sphynx.
(b) A statue of Set.
(c) A tablet with hieroglyphics.
(d) A pyramid.
3. What do April and Melanie eventually devise to record their rites and ceremonies?
(a) They create a form of hieroglyphics.
(b) They create an invisible ink.
(c) They take photos.
(d) They create a secret code.
4. What does April find in Melanie's room during their first encounter?
(c) Dress up clothes.
(d) Make up.
5. What event happens in the neighborhood that places a temporary halt to the Egypt Game?
(a) Property is defaced.
(b) There are some burglaries in the neighborhood.
(c) A girl from the neighborhood is found dead.
(d) There are reports of a child molester in the neighborhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what do the children attribute the changes to Egypt after they return from their hiatus?
2. Why does Melanie go home when visiting April the night before school begins?
3. Which adult interrupts the Egypt Game with news about an incident in the neighborhood?
4. What material do April and Melanie use to make their accompaniment to the Nefertiti bust?
5. What do the Egyptians give reverence to after their long absence from Egypt?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)