|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Moods and Maybes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What material do April and Melanie use to make their accompaniment to the Nefertiti bust?
(b) Modeling clay.
(d) Plaster of Paris.
2. When the Egyptians return after a long absence, what happens after their ceremony?
(a) The candles go out.
(b) A huge mishapen figure lands in front of them.
(c) They hear an owl.
(d) Part of the lean-to comes off and lands with a crash.
3. Where did April get the name with which she introduces herself to Melanie?
(a) Her mother is known in Hollywood as Dorthea Dawn.
(b) From her love of Egypt.
(c) From a story in a magazine.
(d) Her grandmother studied their family geneology.
4. Where do April and Melanie place what they find on the way to school?
(a) At the entrance to the temple.
(b) At the feet of Set.
(c) On a shelf.
(d) In front of the Nefertiti bust.
5. What is a sign that April is adjusting at Wilson School?
(a) The kids do not make fun of her.
(b) The coolest boys are calling April by a nickname.
(c) April wants to run for student council.
(d) She has new friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Melanie visit April the night before school begins?
2. How do the Egyptians begin recording their rites and ceremonies?
3. How do the children find Egypt when they return after their hiatus?
4. When does April meet Melanie and Marshall?
5. What happens during the ceremony the Egyptians perform after their long absence?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)