|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Moods and Maybes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Melanie visit April the night before school begins?
(a) To help April pick out clothes.
(b) To steal her false eyelashes.
(c) To give April pointers.
(d) To calm April down.
2. What do April and Melanie think will happen with the boys' involvement in the Egypt Game?
(a) That they will grow tired of the game and stop playing.
(b) That other kids will become interested in playing the game with them.
(c) That the boys will try to take over the game.
(d) That they will become active participants in the game.
3. What event happens in the neighborhood that places a temporary halt to the Egypt Game?
(a) A girl from the neighborhood is found dead.
(b) There are some burglaries in the neighborhood.
(c) There are reports of a child molester in the neighborhood.
(d) Property is defaced.
4. What connects April and Melanie as friends?
(a) Their interest in ancient Egypt.
(b) They like the same foods.
(c) They like the same movie stars.
(d) They both like to play Monopoly.
5. What does the chapter, Enter Melanie--And Marshall, reveal to readers?
(a) That April is no longer completely on her own.
(b) That Marshall can sometimes be a nuisance.
(c) That Melanie's homelife is uncomfortable, so she creates an imaginary world.
(d) That Melanie has difficulty making friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does April find in Melanie's room during their first encounter?
2. Where did April get the name with which she introduces herself to Melanie?
3. What do April and Melanie eventually devise to record their rites and ceremonies?
4. What happens while April is playing with Melanie?
5. What is Toby's reaction to being in Egypt after the children are permitted outside again?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)