|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Moods and Maybes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do April and Melanie eventually devise to record their rites and ceremonies?
(a) They take photos.
(b) They create a form of hieroglyphics.
(c) They create a secret code.
(d) They create an invisible ink.
2. How is April dressed when she meets Melanie?
(a) She wears her hair up, has false eyelashes and a fur.
(b) Her hair is in a ponytail, and she wears a t-shirt and tennis shoes.
(c) She is in a fortune-teller's outfit.
(d) She is wearing an Egyptian robe and headress.
3. What does Melanie reveal about herself during April's first visit?
(a) That she has imaginary friends.
(b) That her friends do not like to read.
(c) That she does not have many friends that play imagining games.
(d) That she is afraid of spiders.
4. What do the Egyptians decide to do while they are on hiatus from the Egypt Game?
(a) They read books about Egypt.
(b) They make Egyptian costumes.
(c) They make statues for their temple.
(d) They draw pictures of Egypt.
5. What idea is finally agreed upon by the Egyptians to set things right after their long absence?
(a) To kill insects.
(b) To offer something of value to the gods.
(c) To write their names in blood.
(d) To sacrifice hair and pieces of fingernails.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens during the ceremony the Egyptians perform after their long absence?
2. What does the chapter, Enter Melanie--And Marshall, reveal to readers?
3. What news does April receive in a letter from her mother?
4. Where did April get the name with which she introduces herself to Melanie?
5. What is NOT an activity in Egypt?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)