|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Effi's mother tell her that Innstetten's intentions are by visiting?
(a) Innstetten wants to reclaim Effi's mother's heart.
(b) Innstetten wants to marry Effi.
(c) Innstetten wants Effi's father to enter politics.
(d) Innstetten wants to purchase the Briests' house.
2. What description are we given of Hulda's mother?
(a) She is delicate.
(b) She is austere.
(c) She is uneducated.
(d) She is sensitive.
3. How long does Innstetten give Effi to settle into her new home before scheduling visits for her?
(a) One day.
(b) A month.
(c) One week.
(d) Half a week.
4. What does Innstetten suggest might happen if Gieshübler feels self-conscious?
(a) He will lose his temper.
(b) He will not come to the house anymore.
(c) He will get tongue-tied.
(d) He will distrust Effi.
5. Where are Effi and her mother at the beginning of the book?
(a) In the garden.
(b) In the sitting room.
(c) In a carriage.
(d) Walking in town.
6. Where does Bismarck invite Innstetten to go?
7. In Chapter 4, which of the following is NOT said must accompany love?
8. What kind of house does Effi tell Innstetten she wants to live in when he returns from his business trip?
(a) An unhaunted house.
(b) A brick house.
(c) A small house.
(d) A modern house.
9. In which town does Innstetten live as Landrat?
10. What does Effi recall used to happen to adulterous women?
(a) They were outcast.
(b) They were drowned.
(c) They were stoned.
(d) They were imprisoned.
11. What is Innstetten's full name?
(a) Baron Armin von Innstetten.
(b) Baron Hanke von Innstetten.
(c) Baron Dierk von Innstetten.
(d) Baron Geert von Innstetten.
12. What does Innstetten suggest that he and Effi do before going to the reception that Gieshübler invited them to?
(a) Take a walk.
(b) Have a light dinner.
(c) Take a sleigh ride.
(d) Attend church.
13. What instrument does Effi sometimes play for her husband?
14. Which of the following descriptions is NOT used to describe Effi?
15. What does Effi name her daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Innstetten's dog named?
2. When Effi awakes in her new home, what does she think she hears overhead?
3. What animal does Crampas suggest hunting for in Chapter 16?
4. What complaint does Effi have about her house, which will be relevant after the birth of her child?
5. Where did Innstetten meet Crampas?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)