|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After they have married, what of Effi does her father say that Innstetten will NOT be able to cope with?
(a) Her desire for fun and adventure.
(b) Her uncontrollable temper.
(c) Her childishness.
(d) Her attachment to animals.
2. Which of the following descriptions is NOT used to describe Effi?
3. Who says that Innstetten is "frosty as a snowman"?
(a) Sidonie Grasenabbs.
4. What instrument does Effi sometimes play for her husband?
5. What month is Effi's baby due to be delivered in?
6. How does Innstetten think Effi will feel about the town she has just moved to?
(a) She will be disappointed by it.
(b) She will feel rejected by it.
(c) She will be enchanted by it.
(d) She will feel accepted by it.
7. To which regiment does Dagobert belong?
(a) The von Katzler Regiment.
(b) The König Wilhelm Regiment.
(c) The Alexander Regiment.
(d) The von Schmidt Regiment.
8. What does Effi's father suggest that makes her mother call him "incorrigible"?
(a) That he'll have to go to the poor house.
(b) That Effi should have a nicer dress than the one she picked out.
(c) That Effi have a honeymoon.
(d) That he can't afford to pay for a wedding.
9. What does Effi's mother tell her that Innstetten's intentions are by visiting?
(a) Innstetten wants to marry Effi.
(b) Innstetten wants to purchase the Briests' house.
(c) Innstetten wants to reclaim Effi's mother's heart.
(d) Innstetten wants Effi's father to enter politics.
10. What is the surname of Bertha and Hertha?
11. Who is Christel?
(a) Innstetten's cook.
(b) Innstetten's former nanny.
(c) Innstetten's mother.
(d) Innstetten's sister.
12. Who does Innstetten schedule visits with for Effi to meet?
(a) His political colleagues.
(b) Local church leaders.
(c) Their neighbors.
(d) Members of the landed aristocracy.
13. Who does Effi's father say would have been a better match for Innstetten?
(a) A woman older than Effi.
(b) His wife.
(c) Marietta Trippelli.
(d) An aristocratic woman.
14. In which month is Effi's wedding to take place?
15. What does Effi send to Innstetten in response to his letters?
(c) Trivia questions.
(d) Pressed flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what does Effi tell her father she could NOT have survived in Kessin without?
2. What does Effi's father imagine Innstetten will drag his daughter to see?
3. From her new home, what can Effi see beyond the Plantation?
4. Where are Effi and her mother at the beginning of the book?
5. Where did Innstetten meet Crampas?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)