|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Effi's father suggest that makes her mother call him "incorrigible"?
(a) That Effi have a honeymoon.
(b) That he'll have to go to the poor house.
(c) That he can't afford to pay for a wedding.
(d) That Effi should have a nicer dress than the one she picked out.
2. What do Effi and her friends give a sea burial?
(a) Gooseberry skins.
(b) Dried leaves.
(c) A dead tadpole.
(d) Apple skins.
3. When Effi awakes in her new home, what does she think she hears overhead?
(b) Someone talking.
(c) Dresses sweeping on the floor.
(d) Music playing.
4. What has the chemist sent to the Innstetten household as a gift?
(a) A small painting.
(c) A book of poems.
(d) A cake.
5. In what month does Effi return to Kessin from her parents' home?
6. How is Hulda Niemeyer's character described?
(a) As generous.
(b) As negative.
(c) As talkative.
(d) As boring.
7. Who says that Innstetten is "frosty as a snowman"?
(d) Sidonie Grasenabbs.
8. What change has Innstetten seen in Effi since giving birth?
(a) She has stopped doting on him.
(b) She has become more seductive.
(c) She has become depressed.
(d) She has become mean.
9. To which event does Effi invite Dagobert?
(a) Her wedding reception.
(b) Her wedding eve.
(c) Her birthday party.
(d) Her engagement ball.
10. How does Effi's mother know Baron Innstetten?
(a) He is her cousin.
(b) He is her former suitor.
(c) He is her brother's childhood friend.
(d) He is her former classmate.
11. At which inn do the Innstettens enjoy lunch?
(a) The Azenberg Inn.
(b) The Graf Zeppelin Inn.
(c) The Alexander Inn.
(d) The Prince Bismarck Inn.
12. How long has Innstetten known Frederich?
(a) Since university.
(b) Since birth.
(c) Since becoming Landrat.
(d) Since childhood.
13. What is Innstetten's full name?
(a) Baron Geert von Innstetten.
(b) Baron Armin von Innstetten.
(c) Baron Hanke von Innstetten.
(d) Baron Dierk von Innstetten.
14. On whose birthday does the christening of Effi's daughter take place?
(b) Effi's mother's.
(c) King Wilhelm's.
15. What complaint does Effi have about her house, which will be relevant after the birth of her child?
(a) It is too small to have visitors.
(b) It is too far for her loved ones to travel to.
(c) It is haunted by a ghost which might hurt the baby.
(d) It is too cold for a baby to stay in.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dagobert?
2. Who does Effi's mother joke that her daughter is in love with?
3. What does the chemist say he has been too fearful to ever ask of a woman?
4. Why does Crampas say Heine is his favorite poet?
5. Where did Innstetten meet Crampas?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)