|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After dinner with Innstetten, who does Effi go to visit?
(a) The Gellenhagens.
(b) The Rummschüttels.
(c) The Zwickers.
(d) The Niemeyers.
2. What is the surname of Bertha and Hertha?
3. How long has Innstetten known Frederich?
(a) Since childhood.
(b) Since university.
(c) Since birth.
(d) Since becoming Landrat.
4. What do several of the people Effi visits with say she is infected with?
(b) The flu.
(d) A free spirit.
5. What does Effi's father imagine Innstetten will drag his daughter to see?
(a) Ancient ruins.
(b) Horse races.
(d) Art collections.
6. How long does Effi stay in Hohen-Cremmen?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Three months.
(d) One month.
7. What does Effi's father think of the purchases she made in Berlin?
(a) He questions the quality of what was purchased.
(b) He approves of what was purchased.
(c) He thinks Effi spent his money frivolously.
(d) He demands that many items be returned.
8. What kind of house does Effi tell Innstetten she wants to live in when he returns from his business trip?
(a) An unhaunted house.
(b) A brick house.
(c) A small house.
(d) A modern house.
9. Where does the von Briest family home stand?
(a) In Berlin.
(b) In Kessin.
(c) In Hohen-Cremmen.
(d) In Klein-Tantow.
10. After they have married, what of Effi does her father say that Innstetten will NOT be able to cope with?
(a) Her childishness.
(b) Her attachment to animals.
(c) Her desire for fun and adventure.
(d) Her uncontrollable temper.
11. What does Effi think Innstetten looks like when she goes to visit him in his office in Chapter 6?
(a) An oriental prince.
(b) A magician.
(c) A ghost.
(d) A fairy tale villain.
12. At which inn do the Innstettens enjoy lunch?
(a) The Prince Bismarck Inn.
(b) The Alexander Inn.
(c) The Azenberg Inn.
(d) The Graf Zeppelin Inn.
13. What animal does Crampas suggest hunting for in Chapter 16?
14. What kind of home does Innstetten have?
(a) A former fortress.
(b) A modern apartment.
(c) An old-fashioned house.
(d) A chalet-style house.
15. After the birth of her child, where does Effi intend to travel to?
(d) Her hometown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Effi's father suggest that makes her mother call him "incorrigible"?
2. Three days after the wedding, where does a postcard arrive from for the Briests?
3. What does Effi warn Roswitha about when she sees her in the graveyard?
4. Who does Effi claim to love in Chapter 4?
5. How long does Innstetten give Effi to settle into her new home before scheduling visits for her?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)