|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Innstetten's maid?
2. When Effi awakes in her new home, why is Innstetten waiting for her?
(a) To have coffee.
(b) To take her to work with him.
(c) To tell her which chores need to be done.
(d) To tour the house.
3. How long does Effi stay in Hohen-Cremmen?
(a) One month.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Three months.
4. Where does Bismarck invite Innstetten to go?
5. Preparations for which holiday begin in Chapter 12?
(c) St. Swithin's Day.
6. What is Innstetten's full name?
(a) Baron Armin von Innstetten.
(b) Baron Hanke von Innstetten.
(c) Baron Geert von Innstetten.
(d) Baron Dierk von Innstetten.
7. How long do Effi and her mother stay in Berlin?
(a) Two days.
(b) Four days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One week.
8. In which month is Effi's wedding to take place?
9. What does Effi recall used to happen to adulterous women?
(a) They were drowned.
(b) They were outcast.
(c) They were imprisoned.
(d) They were stoned.
10. Who is Christel?
(a) Innstetten's cook.
(b) Innstetten's sister.
(c) Innstetten's former nanny.
(d) Innstetten's mother.
11. What complaint does Roswitha have about her ex-mistress?
(a) She hit Roswitha.
(b) She is penny-pinching.
(c) She was kind to everyone but Roswitha.
(d) She smelled foul.
12. What change has Innstetten seen in Effi since giving birth?
(a) She has become more seductive.
(b) She has become depressed.
(c) She has stopped doting on him.
(d) She has become mean.
13. In which town does Innstetten live as Landrat?
14. Who does Innstetten schedule visits with for Effi to meet?
(a) Members of the landed aristocracy.
(b) Their neighbors.
(c) His political colleagues.
(d) Local church leaders.
15. What kind of train do Effi and Innstetten take to Berlin?
(a) A sleeper train.
(b) A luxury train.
(c) A freight train.
(d) An express train.
Short Answer Questions
1. From her new home, what can Effi see beyond the Plantation?
2. What does Innstetten NOT do with Effi, which displeases her father?
3. What does Effi hate, as stated in Chapter 4?
4. What does Effi warn Roswitha about when she sees her in the graveyard?
5. What does Effi's mother tell her that Innstetten's intentions are by visiting?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)