|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the von Briest family home stand?
(a) In Hohen-Cremmen.
(b) In Kessin.
(c) In Berlin.
(d) In Klein-Tantow.
2. What animal does Crampas suggest hunting for in Chapter 16?
3. When Effi awakes in her new home, what does she think she hears overhead?
(a) Someone talking.
(b) Music playing.
(c) Dresses sweeping on the floor.
4. At which inn do the Innstettens enjoy lunch?
(a) The Alexander Inn.
(b) The Prince Bismarck Inn.
(c) The Graf Zeppelin Inn.
(d) The Azenberg Inn.
5. Who does Effi's father say would have been a better match for Innstetten?
(a) A woman older than Effi.
(b) An aristocratic woman.
(c) Marietta Trippelli.
(d) His wife.
6. Where are Effi and her mother at the beginning of the book?
(a) In a carriage.
(b) In the garden.
(c) In the sitting room.
(d) Walking in town.
7. What kind of home does Innstetten have?
(a) A modern apartment.
(b) A chalet-style house.
(c) A former fortress.
(d) An old-fashioned house.
8. In Chapter 4, which of the following is NOT said must accompany love?
9. What does Effi think Innstetten looks like when she goes to visit him in his office in Chapter 6?
(a) A ghost.
(b) A fairy tale villain.
(c) A magician.
(d) An oriental prince.
10. Three days after the wedding, where does a postcard arrive from for the Briests?
11. How long do Effi and her mother stay in Berlin?
(a) Two days.
(b) One week.
(c) Four days.
(d) Two weeks.
12. Preparations for which holiday begin in Chapter 12?
(a) St. Swithin's Day.
13. What kind of train do Effi and Innstetten take to Berlin?
(a) A luxury train.
(b) A sleeper train.
(c) An express train.
(d) A freight train.
14. What establishment is across the street from Innstetten's home?
(a) The church.
(b) The school.
(c) The Landrat's office.
(d) The post office.
15. When Effi awakes in her new home, why is Innstetten waiting for her?
(a) To tour the house.
(b) To tell her which chores need to be done.
(c) To have coffee.
(d) To take her to work with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of house does Effi tell Innstetten she wants to live in when he returns from his business trip?
2. Who does Innstetten schedule visits with for Effi to meet?
3. What does Effi recall used to happen to adulterous women?
4. What is Innstetten's dog named?
5. What does Innstetten NOT do with Effi, which displeases her father?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)