|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After they have married, what of Effi does her father say that Innstetten will NOT be able to cope with?
(a) Her attachment to animals.
(b) Her childishness.
(c) Her desire for fun and adventure.
(d) Her uncontrollable temper.
2. Who does Effi say will suffice for her husband?
(a) Any man with enough money to support her.
(b) Any good-looking aristocrat.
(c) Any man who treats her kindly.
(d) Any man who will leave her to her own devices.
3. What month is Effi's baby due to be delivered in?
4. Who does Effi tell Johanna she has seen in her room?
(a) Capt. Thomsen.
(b) Major Crampas.
(d) The Chinaman.
5. What does Effi hate, as stated in Chapter 4?
(a) Arrogant men.
(b) The outdoors.
6. Who does Innstetten schedule visits with for Effi to meet?
(a) His political colleagues.
(b) Their neighbors.
(c) Local church leaders.
(d) Members of the landed aristocracy.
7. What does the von Briest family home face?
(a) The village street.
(b) A farmer's field.
(c) Sand dunes.
(d) A river.
8. When Effi awakes in her new home, why is Innstetten waiting for her?
(a) To take her to work with him.
(b) To have coffee.
(c) To tell her which chores need to be done.
(d) To tour the house.
9. Where does the von Briest family home stand?
(a) In Hohen-Cremmen.
(b) In Berlin.
(c) In Kessin.
(d) In Klein-Tantow.
10. Three days after the wedding, where does a postcard arrive from for the Briests?
11. What does Effi think Innstetten looks like when she goes to visit him in his office in Chapter 6?
(a) A magician.
(b) An oriental prince.
(c) A fairy tale villain.
(d) A ghost.
12. Which of the following is NOT a place Marietta claims to have seen ghosts?
13. How does Effi's mother know Baron Innstetten?
(a) He is her cousin.
(b) He is her former suitor.
(c) He is her brother's childhood friend.
(d) He is her former classmate.
14. Who or what does Effi tell her father she could NOT have survived in Kessin without?
(c) Knowing she would have a baby.
(d) Reading the daily newspaper.
15. Where does Bismarck invite Innstetten to go?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Effi warn Roswitha about when she sees her in the graveyard?
2. Which of the following descriptions is NOT used to describe Effi?
3. What does Effi's father imagine Innstetten will drag his daughter to see?
4. Where are Effi and her mother at the beginning of the book?
5. What does Effi's father suggest that makes her mother call him "incorrigible"?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)