|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Hulda Niemeyer's character described?
(a) As negative.
(b) As generous.
(c) As boring.
(d) As talkative.
2. Where does Bismarck invite Innstetten to go?
3. Which of her relatives does Effi want to avoid in Berlin?
(a) Aunt Dorel.
(b) Uncle Hans.
(c) Aunt Therese.
(d) Uncle Konrad.
4. Which of the following descriptions is NOT used to describe Effi?
5. Three days after the wedding, where does a postcard arrive from for the Briests?
6. From her new home, what can Effi see beyond the Plantation?
(a) Apple trees.
(b) Thatched cottages.
(c) A bluish mountain range.
(d) A lake.
7. What complaint does Effi have about her house, which will be relevant after the birth of her child?
(a) It is too cold for a baby to stay in.
(b) It is too small to have visitors.
(c) It is too far for her loved ones to travel to.
(d) It is haunted by a ghost which might hurt the baby.
8. Who does Effi say will suffice for her husband?
(a) Any good-looking aristocrat.
(b) Any man with enough money to support her.
(c) Any man who will leave her to her own devices.
(d) Any man who treats her kindly.
9. What does Effi warn Roswitha about when she sees her in the graveyard?
(a) Bothering the dead.
(c) Catching a cold.
(d) Being late for work.
10. Where do Crampas, Innstetten and Effi often go riding horses?
(a) Through the forest.
(b) The beach.
(c) In farmer's fields.
(d) At a race track.
11. Who says that Innstetten is "frosty as a snowman"?
(d) Sidonie Grasenabbs.
12. After her wedding, where does Effi send her parents a full letter from?
13. What does Effi's father think of the purchases she made in Berlin?
(a) He demands that many items be returned.
(b) He thinks Effi spent his money frivolously.
(c) He approves of what was purchased.
(d) He questions the quality of what was purchased.
14. What animal does Crampas suggest hunting for in Chapter 16?
15. Who is Dagobert?
(a) Effi's cousin.
(b) Innstetten's brother.
(c) The Briests' butler.
(d) Effi's childhood friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which month is Effi's wedding to take place?
2. How long does Innstetten give Effi to settle into her new home before scheduling visits for her?
3. Where does the barren road that Effi studies in Chapter 8 lead to?
4. How does Effi's mother know Baron Innstetten?
5. How long has Innstetten known Frederich?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)