|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a place Marietta claims to have seen ghosts?
2. What do several of the people Effi visits with say she is infected with?
(a) A free spirit.
(d) The flu.
3. What animal does Crampas suggest hunting for in Chapter 16?
4. What expression does Effi make when she reads Innstetten's letter in Chapter 4?
(a) Effi frowns.
(b) Effi grimaces.
(c) Effi rolls her eyes.
(d) Effi smiles.
5. What job does Effi offer Roswitha?
(d) Washer woman.
6. What complaint does Roswitha have about her ex-mistress?
(a) She is penny-pinching.
(b) She smelled foul.
(c) She hit Roswitha.
(d) She was kind to everyone but Roswitha.
7. How long has Innstetten known Frederich?
(a) Since university.
(b) Since birth.
(c) Since childhood.
(d) Since becoming Landrat.
8. Who or what does Effi tell her father she could NOT have survived in Kessin without?
(a) Reading the daily newspaper.
(d) Knowing she would have a baby.
9. In which month is the district commandant replaced?
10. What does Effi's father imagine Innstetten will drag his daughter to see?
(a) Ancient ruins.
(b) Art collections.
(c) Horse races.
11. Who does Innstetten schedule visits with for Effi to meet?
(a) Members of the landed aristocracy.
(b) Their neighbors.
(c) Local church leaders.
(d) His political colleagues.
12. What does Effi's father think of the purchases she made in Berlin?
(a) He demands that many items be returned.
(b) He questions the quality of what was purchased.
(c) He approves of what was purchased.
(d) He thinks Effi spent his money frivolously.
13. Who does Effi claim to love in Chapter 4?
(a) People who enjoy the outdoors.
(b) Anyone who can fascinate her.
(c) People who recite poetry.
(d) Anyone who wishes her well.
14. Where does Bismarck invite Innstetten to go?
15. What does Innstetten NOT do with Effi, which displeases her father?
(a) Introduce her to society.
(b) Stroll with her.
(c) Consult with her on running the household.
(d) Exchange letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Innstetten give Effi to settle into her new home before scheduling visits for her?
2. Who is Dagobert?
3. In Chapter 4, which of the following is NOT said must accompany love?
4. What month is Effi's baby due to be delivered in?
5. When Effi awakes in her new home, what does she think she hears overhead?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)