|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the chemist say he has been too fearful to ever ask of a woman?
(a) To go riding.
(b) To dance.
(c) To take a stroll.
(d) To marry.
2. What change has Innstetten seen in Effi since giving birth?
(a) She has become depressed.
(b) She has become mean.
(c) She has stopped doting on him.
(d) She has become more seductive.
3. What is the name of Innstetten's maid?
4. What does Effi send to Innstetten in response to his letters?
(b) Trivia questions.
(d) Pressed flowers.
5. According to Crampas, why does Innstetten tell ghost stories?
(a) To stand out.
(b) To combat boredom.
(c) To scare his staff.
(d) To pick on Effi.
6. What does Effi think Innstetten looks like when she goes to visit him in his office in Chapter 6?
(a) An oriental prince.
(b) A fairy tale villain.
(c) A ghost.
(d) A magician.
7. After her wedding, where does Effi send her parents a full letter from?
8. When Effi awakes in her new home, what does she think she hears overhead?
(b) Music playing.
(c) Someone talking.
(d) Dresses sweeping on the floor.
9. On whose birthday does the christening of Effi's daughter take place?
(b) Effi's mother's.
(d) King Wilhelm's.
10. In which month is Effi's wedding to take place?
11. Effi is invited to a reception in honor of whom?
(b) Marietta Trippelli.
(c) Major Crampas.
12. After dinner with Innstetten, who does Effi go to visit?
(a) The Zwickers.
(b) The Rummschüttels.
(c) The Niemeyers.
(d) The Gellenhagens.
13. What is Innstetten's full name?
(a) Baron Armin von Innstetten.
(b) Baron Hanke von Innstetten.
(c) Baron Geert von Innstetten.
(d) Baron Dierk von Innstetten.
14. Who does Innstetten schedule visits with for Effi to meet?
(a) Local church leaders.
(b) Their neighbors.
(c) His political colleagues.
(d) Members of the landed aristocracy.
15. In what month does Effi return to Kessin from her parents' home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What establishment is across the street from Innstetten's home?
2. Where did Innstetten meet Crampas?
3. What does Effi's mother tell her that Innstetten's intentions are by visiting?
4. After the birth of her child, where does Effi intend to travel to?
5. At which inn do the Innstettens enjoy lunch?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)