|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After her wedding, where does Effi send her parents a full letter from?
2. What kind of house does Effi tell Innstetten she wants to live in when he returns from his business trip?
(a) A modern house.
(b) A brick house.
(c) A small house.
(d) An unhaunted house.
3. What does Effi think Innstetten looks like when she goes to visit him in his office in Chapter 6?
(a) A magician.
(b) A ghost.
(c) An oriental prince.
(d) A fairy tale villain.
4. What does Innstetten suggest might happen if Gieshübler feels self-conscious?
(a) He will get tongue-tied.
(b) He will lose his temper.
(c) He will not come to the house anymore.
(d) He will distrust Effi.
5. How long does Effi stay in Hohen-Cremmen?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Three months.
(c) One month.
(d) Six weeks.
6. Who is Dagobert?
(a) Effi's cousin.
(b) Effi's childhood friend.
(c) The Briests' butler.
(d) Innstetten's brother.
7. How long do Effi and her mother stay in Berlin?
(a) Two days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Four days.
(d) One week.
8. Effi is invited to a reception in honor of whom?
(a) Major Crampas.
(c) Marietta Trippelli.
9. In Chapter 4, which of the following is NOT said must accompany love?
10. Which of her relatives does Effi want to avoid in Berlin?
(a) Uncle Hans.
(b) Uncle Konrad.
(c) Aunt Therese.
(d) Aunt Dorel.
11. What kind of home does Innstetten have?
(a) An old-fashioned house.
(b) A modern apartment.
(c) A chalet-style house.
(d) A former fortress.
12. Which of the following is NOT said of Innstetten?
(a) He possesses character.
(b) He possesses morality.
(c) He possesses property.
(d) He possesses position.
13. What does Effi's mother tell her that Innstetten's intentions are by visiting?
(a) Innstetten wants to marry Effi.
(b) Innstetten wants Effi's father to enter politics.
(c) Innstetten wants to purchase the Briests' house.
(d) Innstetten wants to reclaim Effi's mother's heart.
14. In which month is the district commandant replaced?
15. Where does Bismarck invite Innstetten to go?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is characteristic of the elegantly dressed man that Effi sees stroll by her?
2. What description are we given of Hulda's mother?
3. What does Innstetten NOT do with Effi, which displeases her father?
4. Where does the barren road that Effi studies in Chapter 8 lead to?
5. What expression does Effi make when she reads Innstetten's letter in Chapter 4?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)