|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What office does Innstetten hold?
2. In Chapter 4, which of the following is NOT said must accompany love?
3. At which inn do the Innstettens enjoy lunch?
(a) The Graf Zeppelin Inn.
(b) The Prince Bismarck Inn.
(c) The Azenberg Inn.
(d) The Alexander Inn.
4. What complaint does Effi have about her house, which will be relevant after the birth of her child?
(a) It is too cold for a baby to stay in.
(b) It is haunted by a ghost which might hurt the baby.
(c) It is too small to have visitors.
(d) It is too far for her loved ones to travel to.
5. Who says that Innstetten is "frosty as a snowman"?
(c) Sidonie Grasenabbs.
6. What has the chemist sent to the Innstetten household as a gift?
(a) A cake.
(c) A book of poems.
(d) A small painting.
7. How does Effi's mother know Baron Innstetten?
(a) He is her brother's childhood friend.
(b) He is her cousin.
(c) He is her former classmate.
(d) He is her former suitor.
8. What complaint does Roswitha have about her ex-mistress?
(a) She is penny-pinching.
(b) She smelled foul.
(c) She hit Roswitha.
(d) She was kind to everyone but Roswitha.
9. Where does the von Briest family home stand?
(a) In Berlin.
(b) In Hohen-Cremmen.
(c) In Kessin.
(d) In Klein-Tantow.
10. What kind of home does Innstetten have?
(a) A modern apartment.
(b) A chalet-style house.
(c) An old-fashioned house.
(d) A former fortress.
11. What does Effi's father suggest that makes her mother call him "incorrigible"?
(a) That Effi have a honeymoon.
(b) That Effi should have a nicer dress than the one she picked out.
(c) That he'll have to go to the poor house.
(d) That he can't afford to pay for a wedding.
12. Who does Innstetten schedule visits with for Effi to meet?
(a) Local church leaders.
(b) Members of the landed aristocracy.
(c) Their neighbors.
(d) His political colleagues.
13. Which of her relatives does Effi want to avoid in Berlin?
(a) Aunt Therese.
(b) Aunt Dorel.
(c) Uncle Hans.
(d) Uncle Konrad.
14. What does the chemist say he has been too fearful to ever ask of a woman?
(a) To dance.
(b) To take a stroll.
(c) To go riding.
(d) To marry.
15. From her new home, what can Effi see beyond the Plantation?
(a) Apple trees.
(b) Thatched cottages.
(c) A bluish mountain range.
(d) A lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Innstetten's maid?
2. What establishment is across the street from Innstetten's home?
3. What animal does Crampas suggest hunting for in Chapter 16?
4. After her wedding, where does Effi send her parents a full letter from?
5. What is Innstetten's dog named?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)