|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Innstetten meet Crampas?
(a) In the army.
(b) At a horse race.
(c) In school.
(d) At a political rally.
2. Who is the elegantly dressed man that strolls by Effi?
(b) Innstetten's butler.
(c) Herr Kruse.
(d) Capt. Thomsen.
3. Who lived in Effi's house before Innstetten?
(a) The church pastor.
(b) Captain Thomsen.
(c) The Bachmeiers.
(d) A Chinese family.
4. Where do Crampas, Innstetten and Effi often go riding horses?
(a) At a race track.
(b) Through the forest.
(c) In farmer's fields.
(d) The beach.
5. After they have married, what of Effi does her father say that Innstetten will NOT be able to cope with?
(a) Her uncontrollable temper.
(b) Her childishness.
(c) Her attachment to animals.
(d) Her desire for fun and adventure.
6. Which of the following descriptions is NOT used to describe Effi?
7. When Effi awakes in her new home, why is Innstetten waiting for her?
(a) To have coffee.
(b) To take her to work with him.
(c) To tell her which chores need to be done.
(d) To tour the house.
8. Who or what does Effi tell her father she could NOT have survived in Kessin without?
(c) Reading the daily newspaper.
(d) Knowing she would have a baby.
9. What does Effi send to Innstetten in response to his letters?
(a) Trivia questions.
(b) Pressed flowers.
10. After dinner with Innstetten, who does Effi go to visit?
(a) The Gellenhagens.
(b) The Niemeyers.
(c) The Rummschüttels.
(d) The Zwickers.
11. What does Effi warn Roswitha about when she sees her in the graveyard?
(a) Catching a cold.
(b) Bothering the dead.
(d) Being late for work.
12. After her wedding, where does Effi send her parents a full letter from?
13. What does Effi's mother tell her that Innstetten's intentions are by visiting?
(a) Innstetten wants to purchase the Briests' house.
(b) Innstetten wants Effi's father to enter politics.
(c) Innstetten wants to marry Effi.
(d) Innstetten wants to reclaim Effi's mother's heart.
14. What instrument does Effi sometimes play for her husband?
15. Who does Effi tell Johanna she has seen in her room?
(a) Major Crampas.
(c) Capt. Thomsen.
(d) The Chinaman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Effi claim to love in Chapter 4?
2. What animal does Crampas suggest hunting for in Chapter 16?
3. Who says that Innstetten is "frosty as a snowman"?
4. To which event does Effi invite Dagobert?
5. Who does Effi's father say would have been a better match for Innstetten?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)