|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Crampas say Heine is his favorite poet?
(a) Heine's poems make the most sense to him.
(b) Heine understands love.
(c) Heine is the only poet he knows of.
(d) Heine is a personal friend of his.
2. What is the name of Innstetten's maid?
3. What complaint does Roswitha have about her ex-mistress?
(a) She hit Roswitha.
(b) She smelled foul.
(c) She is penny-pinching.
(d) She was kind to everyone but Roswitha.
4. Where does the barren road that Effi studies in Chapter 8 lead to?
(b) The church.
(c) The beach.
(d) An abandoned farm.
5. What kind of house does Effi tell Innstetten she wants to live in when he returns from his business trip?
(a) A brick house.
(b) An unhaunted house.
(c) A modern house.
(d) A small house.
6. What is Innstetten's full name?
(a) Baron Armin von Innstetten.
(b) Baron Geert von Innstetten.
(c) Baron Hanke von Innstetten.
(d) Baron Dierk von Innstetten.
7. Which of the following descriptions is NOT used to describe Effi?
8. Who does Innstetten schedule visits with for Effi to meet?
(a) Their neighbors.
(b) Local church leaders.
(c) Members of the landed aristocracy.
(d) His political colleagues.
9. How does Effi's mother know Baron Innstetten?
(a) He is her cousin.
(b) He is her former suitor.
(c) He is her former classmate.
(d) He is her brother's childhood friend.
10. How does Effi's father describe his daughter?
(a) A child of patience.
(b) A child of beauty.
(c) A child of nature.
(d) A child of grace.
11. How long do Effi and her mother stay in Berlin?
(a) Four days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) Two days.
12. After dinner with Innstetten, who does Effi go to visit?
(a) The Niemeyers.
(b) The Zwickers.
(c) The Rummschüttels.
(d) The Gellenhagens.
13. Who lived in Effi's house before Innstetten?
(a) A Chinese family.
(b) The church pastor.
(c) Captain Thomsen.
(d) The Bachmeiers.
14. Who is Christel?
(a) Innstetten's mother.
(b) Innstetten's cook.
(c) Innstetten's former nanny.
(d) Innstetten's sister.
15. How long has Innstetten known Frederich?
(a) Since childhood.
(b) Since university.
(c) Since birth.
(d) Since becoming Landrat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Effi and her friends give a sea burial?
2. Where does Bismarck invite Innstetten to go?
3. In Chapter 4, which of the following is NOT said must accompany love?
4. Who does Effi's mother joke that her daughter is in love with?
5. Who is Dagobert?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)