|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long do Effi and her mother stay in Berlin?
(a) Two days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Four days.
(d) One week.
2. Which of the following descriptions is NOT used to describe Effi?
3. At which inn do the Innstettens enjoy lunch?
(a) The Graf Zeppelin Inn.
(b) The Prince Bismarck Inn.
(c) The Alexander Inn.
(d) The Azenberg Inn.
4. What kind of home does Innstetten have?
(a) A former fortress.
(b) An old-fashioned house.
(c) A modern apartment.
(d) A chalet-style house.
5. In Chapter 4, which of the following is NOT said must accompany love?
6. What do several of the people Effi visits with say she is infected with?
(b) The flu.
(d) A free spirit.
7. Who does Effi's mother joke that her daughter is in love with?
(a) Major Crampas.
(c) Captain Thomsen.
8. From her new home, what can Effi see beyond the Plantation?
(a) Thatched cottages.
(b) A lake.
(c) Apple trees.
(d) A bluish mountain range.
9. What animal does Crampas suggest hunting for in Chapter 16?
10. How long does Innstetten give Effi to settle into her new home before scheduling visits for her?
(a) Half a week.
(b) One week.
(c) One day.
(d) A month.
11. What complaint does Effi have about her house, which will be relevant after the birth of her child?
(a) It is too far for her loved ones to travel to.
(b) It is too cold for a baby to stay in.
(c) It is haunted by a ghost which might hurt the baby.
(d) It is too small to have visitors.
12. Where does Bismarck invite Innstetten to go?
13. What does Effi recall used to happen to adulterous women?
(a) They were imprisoned.
(b) They were drowned.
(c) They were outcast.
(d) They were stoned.
14. Preparations for which holiday begin in Chapter 12?
(a) St. Swithin's Day.
15. What office does Innstetten hold?
Short Answer Questions
1. On whose birthday does the christening of Effi's daughter take place?
2. What does Innstetten suggest that he and Effi do before going to the reception that Gieshübler invited them to?
3. What complaint does Roswitha have about her ex-mistress?
4. What has the chemist sent to the Innstetten household as a gift?
5. Where does the von Briest family home stand?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)