|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month is Effi's baby due to be delivered in?
2. Where did Innstetten meet Crampas?
(a) At a political rally.
(b) In school.
(c) In the army.
(d) At a horse race.
3. Which of the following descriptions is NOT used to describe Effi?
4. What does Effi warn Roswitha about when she sees her in the graveyard?
(a) Being late for work.
(b) Catching a cold.
(c) Bothering the dead.
5. What kind of house does Effi tell Innstetten she wants to live in when he returns from his business trip?
(a) A modern house.
(b) A brick house.
(c) An unhaunted house.
(d) A small house.
6. How does Innstetten think Effi will feel about the town she has just moved to?
(a) She will feel rejected by it.
(b) She will be enchanted by it.
(c) She will be disappointed by it.
(d) She will feel accepted by it.
7. In Chapter 4, which of the following is NOT said must accompany love?
8. What do several of the people Effi visits with say she is infected with?
(b) A free spirit.
(d) The flu.
9. Who is Christel?
(a) Innstetten's cook.
(b) Innstetten's former nanny.
(c) Innstetten's sister.
(d) Innstetten's mother.
10. Who is the elegantly dressed man that strolls by Effi?
(a) Innstetten's butler.
(b) Herr Kruse.
(d) Capt. Thomsen.
11. After her wedding, where does Effi send her parents a full letter from?
12. In which month is the district commandant replaced?
13. What does Effi send to Innstetten in response to his letters?
(a) Trivia questions.
(d) Pressed flowers.
14. What is the surname of Bertha and Hertha?
15. Where do Crampas, Innstetten and Effi often go riding horses?
(a) Through the forest.
(b) The beach.
(c) In farmer's fields.
(d) At a race track.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Effi say will suffice for her husband?
2. How long do Effi and her mother stay in Berlin?
3. Who lived in Effi's house before Innstetten?
4. What animal does Crampas suggest hunting for in Chapter 16?
5. What does Innstetten suggest might happen if Gieshübler feels self-conscious?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)