|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the barren road that Effi studies in Chapter 8 lead to?
(a) The beach.
(c) The church.
(d) An abandoned farm.
2. Who does Effi say will suffice for her husband?
(a) Any man with enough money to support her.
(b) Any man who will leave her to her own devices.
(c) Any good-looking aristocrat.
(d) Any man who treats her kindly.
3. Where does Bismarck invite Innstetten to go?
4. How long does Innstetten give Effi to settle into her new home before scheduling visits for her?
(a) Half a week.
(b) A month.
(c) One week.
(d) One day.
5. What does Effi's father suggest that makes her mother call him "incorrigible"?
(a) That he can't afford to pay for a wedding.
(b) That Effi have a honeymoon.
(c) That he'll have to go to the poor house.
(d) That Effi should have a nicer dress than the one she picked out.
6. How is Hulda Niemeyer's character described?
(a) As negative.
(b) As talkative.
(c) As generous.
(d) As boring.
7. What description are we given of Hulda's mother?
(a) She is uneducated.
(b) She is sensitive.
(c) She is austere.
(d) She is delicate.
8. How long has Innstetten known Frederich?
(a) Since childhood.
(b) Since university.
(c) Since birth.
(d) Since becoming Landrat.
9. What does Effi's mother tell her that Innstetten's intentions are by visiting?
(a) Innstetten wants to marry Effi.
(b) Innstetten wants to reclaim Effi's mother's heart.
(c) Innstetten wants to purchase the Briests' house.
(d) Innstetten wants Effi's father to enter politics.
10. What does the von Briest family home face?
(a) The village street.
(b) Sand dunes.
(c) A river.
(d) A farmer's field.
11. Three days after the wedding, where does a postcard arrive from for the Briests?
12. Where does the von Briest family home stand?
(a) In Kessin.
(b) In Hohen-Cremmen.
(c) In Klein-Tantow.
(d) In Berlin.
13. At which inn do the Innstettens enjoy lunch?
(a) The Alexander Inn.
(b) The Graf Zeppelin Inn.
(c) The Azenberg Inn.
(d) The Prince Bismarck Inn.
14. What does Effi's father think of the purchases she made in Berlin?
(a) He approves of what was purchased.
(b) He questions the quality of what was purchased.
(c) He demands that many items be returned.
(d) He thinks Effi spent his money frivolously.
15. What office does Innstetten hold?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Effi recall used to happen to adulterous women?
2. How does Effi's father describe his daughter?
3. What has the chemist sent to the Innstetten household as a gift?
4. What instrument does Effi sometimes play for her husband?
5. On whose birthday does the christening of Effi's daughter take place?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)