|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What complaint does Effi have about her house, which will be relevant after the birth of her child?
(a) It is too far for her loved ones to travel to.
(b) It is haunted by a ghost which might hurt the baby.
(c) It is too small to have visitors.
(d) It is too cold for a baby to stay in.
2. From her new home, what can Effi see beyond the Plantation?
(a) Apple trees.
(b) A bluish mountain range.
(c) A lake.
(d) Thatched cottages.
3. Who does Innstetten schedule visits with for Effi to meet?
(a) Members of the landed aristocracy.
(b) His political colleagues.
(c) Local church leaders.
(d) Their neighbors.
4. What establishment is across the street from Innstetten's home?
(a) The school.
(b) The church.
(c) The post office.
(d) The Landrat's office.
5. Which of her relatives does Effi want to avoid in Berlin?
(a) Aunt Dorel.
(b) Uncle Hans.
(c) Uncle Konrad.
(d) Aunt Therese.
6. What does Effi name her daughter?
7. What does Innstetten NOT do with Effi, which displeases her father?
(a) Exchange letters.
(b) Consult with her on running the household.
(c) Introduce her to society.
(d) Stroll with her.
8. Preparations for which holiday begin in Chapter 12?
(c) St. Swithin's Day.
9. What is the surname of Bertha and Hertha?
10. What do several of the people Effi visits with say she is infected with?
(a) A free spirit.
(c) The flu.
11. What does the chemist say he has been too fearful to ever ask of a woman?
(a) To dance.
(b) To take a stroll.
(c) To go riding.
(d) To marry.
12. Who does Effi tell Johanna she has seen in her room?
(a) Capt. Thomsen.
(b) Major Crampas.
(c) The Chinaman.
13. When Effi awakes in her new home, why is Innstetten waiting for her?
(a) To tell her which chores need to be done.
(b) To tour the house.
(c) To have coffee.
(d) To take her to work with him.
14. Who is the elegantly dressed man that strolls by Effi?
(b) Innstetten's butler.
(c) Herr Kruse.
(d) Capt. Thomsen.
15. What does Effi send to Innstetten in response to his letters?
(a) Trivia questions.
(b) Pressed flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. At which inn do the Innstettens enjoy lunch?
2. How does Innstetten think Effi will feel about the town she has just moved to?
3. Who does Effi's father say would have been a better match for Innstetten?
4. What job does Effi offer Roswitha?
5. Where does the barren road that Effi studies in Chapter 8 lead to?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)