|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the elegantly dressed man that strolls by Effi?
(b) Capt. Thomsen.
(c) Herr Kruse.
(d) Innstetten's butler.
2. Where does Bismarck invite Innstetten to go?
3. What kind of house does Effi tell Innstetten she wants to live in when he returns from his business trip?
(a) A modern house.
(b) An unhaunted house.
(c) A small house.
(d) A brick house.
4. Preparations for which holiday begin in Chapter 12?
(c) St. Swithin's Day.
5. How is Hulda Niemeyer's character described?
(a) As talkative.
(b) As negative.
(c) As generous.
(d) As boring.
6. What does Effi's mother tell her that Innstetten's intentions are by visiting?
(a) Innstetten wants to reclaim Effi's mother's heart.
(b) Innstetten wants to purchase the Briests' house.
(c) Innstetten wants Effi's father to enter politics.
(d) Innstetten wants to marry Effi.
7. In which month is Effi's wedding to take place?
8. How does Effi's mother know Baron Innstetten?
(a) He is her former suitor.
(b) He is her cousin.
(c) He is her former classmate.
(d) He is her brother's childhood friend.
9. Who does Effi say will suffice for her husband?
(a) Any man with enough money to support her.
(b) Any good-looking aristocrat.
(c) Any man who treats her kindly.
(d) Any man who will leave her to her own devices.
10. After her wedding, where does Effi send her parents a full letter from?
11. How does Effi's father describe his daughter?
(a) A child of patience.
(b) A child of beauty.
(c) A child of nature.
(d) A child of grace.
12. Which of the following descriptions is NOT used to describe Effi?
13. When Effi awakes in her new home, what does she think she hears overhead?
(b) Music playing.
(c) Dresses sweeping on the floor.
(d) Someone talking.
14. Which of the following is NOT said of Innstetten?
(a) He possesses morality.
(b) He possesses property.
(c) He possesses character.
(d) He possesses position.
15. What animal does Crampas suggest hunting for in Chapter 16?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which month is the district commandant replaced?
2. Why does Crampas say Heine is his favorite poet?
3. Where are Effi and her mother at the beginning of the book?
4. What does the von Briest family home face?
5. What kind of train do Effi and Innstetten take to Berlin?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)