|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the von Briest family home face?
(a) Sand dunes.
(b) A farmer's field.
(c) The village street.
(d) A river.
2. What does Effi's mother tell her that Innstetten's intentions are by visiting?
(a) Innstetten wants Effi's father to enter politics.
(b) Innstetten wants to reclaim Effi's mother's heart.
(c) Innstetten wants to purchase the Briests' house.
(d) Innstetten wants to marry Effi.
3. What does Effi's father imagine Innstetten will drag his daughter to see?
(a) Art collections.
(b) Horse races.
(d) Ancient ruins.
4. Who does Effi's father say would have been a better match for Innstetten?
(a) Marietta Trippelli.
(b) An aristocratic woman.
(c) His wife.
(d) A woman older than Effi.
5. Who does Effi say will suffice for her husband?
(a) Any man who will leave her to her own devices.
(b) Any good-looking aristocrat.
(c) Any man who treats her kindly.
(d) Any man with enough money to support her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the surname of Bertha and Hertha?
2. What does Effi hate, as stated in Chapter 4?
3. Which of the following descriptions is NOT used to describe Effi?
4. How does Effi's father describe his daughter?
5. What does Effi's father suggest that makes her mother call him "incorrigible"?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)