|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Hulda Niemeyer's character described?
(a) As boring.
(b) As talkative.
(c) As negative.
(d) As generous.
2. What worries Hertha about Effi's engagement?
(a) That it is not an equal match.
(b) That Hertha is not getting married first.
(c) That it has happened so quickly.
(d) That Effi will get her heart broken.
3. Which of the following descriptions is NOT used to describe Effi?
4. Where are Effi and her mother at the beginning of the book?
(a) Walking in town.
(b) In the sitting room.
(c) In the garden.
(d) In a carriage.
5. What does Effi hate, as stated in Chapter 4?
(b) Arrogant men.
(d) The outdoors.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Effi's father describe his daughter?
2. Who does Effi's father say would have been a better match for Innstetten?
3. What expression does Effi make when she reads Innstetten's letter in Chapter 4?
4. To which event does Effi invite Dagobert?
5. After dinner with Innstetten, who does Effi go to visit?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)