|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT said of Innstetten?
(a) He possesses property.
(b) He possesses position.
(c) He possesses morality.
(d) He possesses character.
2. How does Effi's mother know Baron Innstetten?
(a) He is her former suitor.
(b) He is her cousin.
(c) He is her brother's childhood friend.
(d) He is her former classmate.
3. What does Effi's father suggest that makes her mother call him "incorrigible"?
(a) That he'll have to go to the poor house.
(b) That Effi have a honeymoon.
(c) That Effi should have a nicer dress than the one she picked out.
(d) That he can't afford to pay for a wedding.
4. How long do Effi and her mother stay in Berlin?
(a) Four days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) Two days.
5. In Chapter 4, which of the following is NOT said must accompany love?
Short Answer Questions
1. After they have married, what of Effi does her father say that Innstetten will NOT be able to cope with?
2. Which of her relatives does Effi want to avoid in Berlin?
3. What does Effi's father imagine Innstetten will drag his daughter to see?
4. Three days after the wedding, where does a postcard arrive from for the Briests?
5. What do Effi and her friends give a sea burial?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)