|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Effi's mother tell her that Innstetten's intentions are by visiting?
(a) Innstetten wants to reclaim Effi's mother's heart.
(b) Innstetten wants Effi's father to enter politics.
(c) Innstetten wants to marry Effi.
(d) Innstetten wants to purchase the Briests' house.
2. How is Hulda Niemeyer's character described?
(a) As talkative.
(b) As negative.
(c) As generous.
(d) As boring.
3. Who does Effi claim to love in Chapter 4?
(a) People who enjoy the outdoors.
(b) People who recite poetry.
(c) Anyone who can fascinate her.
(d) Anyone who wishes her well.
4. After her wedding, where does Effi send her parents a full letter from?
5. To which regiment does Dagobert belong?
(a) The Alexander Regiment.
(b) The von Schmidt Regiment.
(c) The von Katzler Regiment.
(d) The König Wilhelm Regiment.
Short Answer Questions
1. After they have married, what of Effi does her father say that Innstetten will NOT be able to cope with?
2. What does Effi's father suggest that makes her mother call him "incorrigible"?
3. Who does Effi's father say would have been a better match for Innstetten?
4. What does Effi recall used to happen to adulterous women?
5. Who does Effi say will suffice for her husband?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)