|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the surname of Bertha and Hertha?
2. Where are Effi and her mother at the beginning of the book?
(a) In the sitting room.
(b) In a carriage.
(c) Walking in town.
(d) In the garden.
3. What does Effi's father imagine Innstetten will drag his daughter to see?
(a) Art collections.
(c) Horse races.
(d) Ancient ruins.
4. Who is Dagobert?
(a) Effi's cousin.
(b) The Briests' butler.
(c) Effi's childhood friend.
(d) Innstetten's brother.
5. Who does Effi say will suffice for her husband?
(a) Any man who treats her kindly.
(b) Any man with enough money to support her.
(c) Any man who will leave her to her own devices.
(d) Any good-looking aristocrat.
Short Answer Questions
1. After her wedding, where does Effi send her parents a full letter from?
2. Which of the following descriptions is NOT used to describe Effi?
3. After they have married, what of Effi does her father say that Innstetten will NOT be able to cope with?
4. Where does the von Briest family home stand?
5. What does Effi recall used to happen to adulterous women?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)