|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the "gloomy fellow" Spencer mentions in Scene 5 (IV.vi.29)?
(a) The Abbot.
(b) The Mower.
(d) Rice Ap Howell.
2. With what natural image does Kent characterize the vengeance he must face for betraying his brother?
3. Why have Edward and his peers not arrived in Ireland?
(a) Edward refused to leave the island.
(b) Their ship was maliciously sunk.
(c) A tempest forced them back.
(d) The lords of Ireland refused to accept them.
4. Who does Isabella credit with winning battle when she enters in Scene 5?
(b) The French troops.
5. What is related on the paper that Spencer Junior reads at the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) The lords that are fled to France.
(b) The nobles that have been executed.
(c) An inventory of lands that Edward has seized.
(d) The foreign powers that have lent men to Edward's campaign.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edward protest she should be given instead of a litter?
2. According to Matrevis in the beginning of Scene 3, men are meant to live in what?
3. Into what does Edward will heaven turn his crown before he give it to Mortimer?
4. What does Edward expect the next news he receives to be?
5. What offer does John of Hainault make Isabella and Edward III in Scene 2?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)