|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the "gloomy fellow" Spencer mentions in Scene 5 (IV.vi.29)?
(a) Rice Ap Howell.
(b) The Abbot.
(d) The Mower.
2. Whose presence in the approaching army grieved Edward in Scene 3?
(b) Sir John of Hainault.
(c) Edward III.
3. To what animal does Edward compare himself in his response to Leicester's kind words?
(a) A deer.
(b) A hare.
(c) A lion.
(d) A serpent.
4. In Mortimer's soliloquy in Scene 4, who does he say commands him?
(a) No one.
(b) Edward III.
(c) The devil.
5. On the field of battle in Scene 2, what does Lancaster tell Edward his flatterers will do?
(a) Weaken him.
(b) Betray him.
(c) Become dependant on him.
(d) Use him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which king does Warwick promise Gaveston will soon meet before killing him?
2. From whom is the letter that Edward receives in Scene 3?
3. Which noble does Edward immediately banish from his presence in the beginning of Scene 3?
4. According to Isabella in Scene 4, whose country's men are not able to stay in England and fight Edward?
5. Where does Kent intend to travel in Scene 1?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)