|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the function of the room in Killingworth where Edward II is kept in Scene 5?
(a) A sewer.
(b) A banquet hall.
(c) A stable.
(d) A chapel.
2. As he is taken captive, where does Kent protest the court is?
(b) Where the King is.
(d) Where Isabella is.
3. What word does Kent protest that he will not use to address Edward II?
4. With what natural image does Kent characterize the vengeance he must face for betraying his brother?
5. Why does Mortimer interrupt Isabella in Scene 4?
(a) He must profess his love for her.
(b) Her speech is too passionate.
(c) He fears the army does not understand her meaning.
(d) The battle must commence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What offer does John of Hainault make Isabella and Edward III in Scene 2?
2. What does Edward III want to do at the beginning of Scene 2?
3. In Edward's pained lamenting in Scene 3, who among his executed friends does he not mention?
4. How many days has Edward been in his dungeon when Lightborn arrives?
5. Of what is the abbot assuring Edward at the beginning of the scene?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)