|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Spencer Junior state wills his and Baldock's arrest?
(a) Mortimer's faction.
(b) The devil.
2. Why does Isabella state she feels some sadness after the battle?
(a) She bemoans England's woes.
(b) She grieves Edward's misfortune.
(c) She fears Kent's possible betrayal.
(d) She cannot stand the carnage.
3. After Kent enters in Scene 2, both Mortimer and Isabella express deep sadness over what?
(a) Edward's abdication.
(b) Spencer Junior's death.
(c) Edward's imprisonment.
(d) Kent's discontent.
4. What order does Mortimer Junior give Gurney regarding Edward II?
(a) Do not tell him Mortimer is delivering orders.
(b) See he is not harmed.
(c) Murder him.
(d) Treat him harshly.
5. Into what does Edward will heaven turn his crown before he give it to Mortimer?
(b) A jester's cap.
(d) A sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Edward's pained lamenting in Scene 3, who among his executed friends does he not mention?
2. What does Edward II intend to do as his armies are being defeated?
3. What does Isabella forbid Kent from doing in Scene 2?
4. What request does Mortimer make to Isabella at the beginning of the scene?
5. From whom does Lightborn say he was sent when he greets Edward II?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)