|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which nobles' deaths does Mortimer confirm in his report to Isabella in Scene 2?
(a) Warwick and Lancaster.
(b) Pembroke and Canterbury.
(c) Mortimer Senior and Pembroke.
(d) Lancaster and Mortimer Senior.
2. Which of the following items is not one that Lightborn requires of Matrevis and Gurney?
(a) A bed.
(c) A table.
(d) A spit.
3. To whom does Edward say he will complain of the malefactions of Mortimer and Isabella?
(a) To his dead servants.
(b) To France.
(c) To the legions of hell.
(d) To the gods.
4. With what natural image does Kent characterize the vengeance he must face for betraying his brother?
5. What does Edward II intend to do as his armies are being defeated?
(a) Go into hiding in Wales.
(b) Fly to Ireland.
(c) Stay and die in the field.
(d) Surrender to Isabella and Mortimer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what Italian town did Lightborn learn his deadly craft?
2. What employment does Mortimer give Rice Ap Howell at the end of Scene 5?
3. What is Edward's mother's name?
4. Why have Edward and his peers not arrived in Ireland?
5. What word does Kent protest that he will not use to address Edward II?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)