|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the "gloomy fellow" Spencer mentions in Scene 5 (IV.vi.29)?
(a) The Abbot.
(b) The Mower.
(d) Rice Ap Howell.
2. What employment does Mortimer give Rice Ap Howell at the end of Scene 5?
(a) Readying the castle for Isabella's arrival.
(b) Spying on Kent.
(c) Pursuing Edward.
(d) Beheading Spencer Senior.
3. At the beginning of the scene, where does Spencer suggest the King fly?
4. What information about Isabella does Kent reveal in his soliloquy in Scene 5?
(a) She detests her son by Edward.
(b) She intends to return to France for the remainder of her life.
(c) She has died in the battle.
(d) She is in love with Mortimer.
5. In whose name does Leicester arrest Baldock and Spencer Junior?
(a) Edward III.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which nobles' deaths does Mortimer confirm in his report to Isabella in Scene 2?
2. What does Edward expect the next news he receives to be?
3. From whom does Lightborn say he was sent when he greets Edward II?
4. In Edward's pained lamenting in Scene 3, who among his executed friends does he not mention?
5. What announcement has Spencer Junior recently made in Scene 3?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)