|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Edward's soliloquy after the nobles leave in Scene 4, whom does he long to kill?
(a) All nobles.
(b) Mortimer Junior.
2. What are the nobles doing with the writ of exile at the beginning of Scene 4?
(a) Sealing it.
(b) Drafting it.
(c) Signing it.
(d) Burning it.
3. From whom is the letter that Lady Margaret carries with her in Scene 1?
4. Where is the Bishop of Coventry at the beginning of Scene 2?
(a) In France.
(b) In Rome.
(d) In the Tower.
5. Which of the following nobles does not leave with King Edward in this scene?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the nobles wounds Gaveston in this scene?
2. What event does Edward plan for Gaveston's return?
3. To which of the following items does Mortimer compare the king in his jousting crest?
4. What land's ship do the nobles take to pursue Gaveston at the end of Scene 3?
5. Which of the following outrages is not one that his befallen the Bishop of Coventry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Kent's attitude toward Mortimer and Isabella changing in this scene?
2. How does Isabella greet the victory of Scene 5?
3. How does Edward react to giving up his crown?
4. What plan have the nobles mad by the end of Scene 2?
5. How does Isabella's position on Gavestone change during her soliloquy?
6. How is Edward dealing with Mortimer's escape?
7. How are the nobles and Edward at odds in the first scene in the play?
8. Describe the reassurances that the Abbot gives Edward II at the beginning of the scene.
9. How is the English war with Scots references in Scene 4?
10. How does Edward reward Gaveston when the two are reunited?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)