|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of the scene, Mortimer Junior brings news that what country is invading Normandy?
2. Which Lord does Spencer Junior specifically say does not want to serve?
3. What does Mortimer Junior threaten to do if Gaveston return to England?
(a) Refuse to fight for Edward.
(b) Kill Gaveston.
(c) Rise up in revolt.
(d) Leave England.
4. According to the nobles in seem to, how is Gaveston normally positioned with the King in court?
(a) Kneeling by his side.
(b) Seated at his left.
(c) Lying on his lap.
(d) Leaning on his shoulder.
5. What does Mortimer Junior fear regarding Gaveston in Ireland?
(a) He will die of consumption.
(b) He will send assassin to England for them.
(c) He will incite popular unrest.
(d) He will build an army there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can Edward not commit Mortimer Junior to the Tower?
2. Who is the first noble that Edward publicly forgives after Gaveston is repealed in Scene 4?
3. When Isabella entreats Lancaster for Gaveston's return, what is the only situation that Lancaster says will bring Gaveston back?
4. Which of the nobles is a citizen of Wales?
5. Spencer and Baldock served what newly-deceased lord?
Short Essay Questions
1. What fate befalls the nobles in Scene 3?
2. How does Isabella greet the victory of Scene 5?
3. Describe the space where Edward is kept in Scene 5.
4. How does Edward react to giving up his crown?
5. How do the nobles respond to Gaveston's advancement?
6. What does Sir John of Hainault offer the English exiles?
7. How is Edward dealing with Mortimer's escape?
8. How does Edward's support change in Scene 2?
9. In what precarious situation are Spencer Junior and Baldock in Act 2, Scene 1?
10. Why does Edward agree to Gaveston's exile?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)