|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edward swear to send Gaveston?
(b) Letters of love.
(c) Reports of his revenge.
(d) Fine clothes.
2. Why does Mortimer say Gaveston will be more fearful of the nobles on his return to England?
(a) He will know they can banish him again.
(b) He will feel immense gratitude toward them.
(c) He will fear violent reprisal from them.
(d) He will be publicly shamed.
3. With whom does Edward accuse Isabella of being too familiar?
(a) Mortimer Junior.
4. What does Baldock protest he despises about the court?
5. After Gaveston is carried off in Scene 4, what does Edward say stops his speech?
Short Answer Questions
1. Spencer and Baldock served what newly-deceased lord?
2. Before departing, what does Lancaster swear Edward will soon have for a crown?
3. Whose death is announced in the first moment of the play?
4. What does Mortimer Junior fear regarding Gaveston in Ireland?
5. To whom is the Bishop of Canterbury writing in Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What fears do the nobles have regarding Kent in Scene 3?
2. To what extent is Mortimer's pride getting the best of him in Scene 4?
3. How is the English war with Scots references in Scene 4?
4. Why does Isabella want Edward dead?
5. Describe Isabella's and Edward III's reception in France.
6. How do Matrevis and Gurney mistreat Edward II in Scene 3?
7. What is Edward's state of mind in Scene 5?
8. How do Edward and Gaveston react to Isabella's entrance in Scene 4?
9. Why does Spencer Junior send Levune to France at the end of Act 3?
10. How does Baldock calm Spencer Junior at the end of Scene 6?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)