|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What skill does the first poor man who approaches Gaveston for preferment possess?
2. Which of the following is net an earldom that Lancaster holds?
3. According to Mortimer Junior, what do the Mortimers never do?
4. Before departing, what does Lancaster swear Edward will soon have for a crown?
(a) Gaveston's head.
(b) Bloody locks.
(c) A jester's cap.
(d) Cuckold's horns.
5. Which Lord does Spencer Junior claim once much preferred him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What his happened to Mortimer Senior in Scotland?
2. Where does Edward send Gaveston for banishment?
3. Why does Baldock exit in Scene 1?
4. To what bird does Edward compare the nobles after they exit in Scene 2?
5. Unto whom does Pembroke entrust Gaveston at the end of Scene 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Edward part from Gaveston in Scene 4?
2. What is the state of the Bishop of Coventry in Scene 2?
3. How does Edward's support change in Scene 2?
4. What fears do the nobles have regarding Kent in Scene 3?
5. What revenge does Gaveston have on the Bishop of Coventry, and why?
6. Describe the private pleading Mortimer Junior and Lancaster make to Edward.
7. How does Isabella's position on Gavestone change during her soliloquy?
8. How does Gaveston die?
9. What request does Edward make of the nobles via Arundel?
10. How does Edward react to giving up his crown?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)