|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What entreaty does Mortimer Junior make to Edward when they enter in Scene 1?
(a) Spend less of the community purse on revels.
(b) Increase pay to the troops.
(c) Hold a full funeral for his father.
(d) Hate Gaveston.
2. Over what two forms of execution do the nobles argue regarding Gaveston in Scene 4?
(a) Burning and quartering.
(b) Hanging and beheading.
(c) Quartering and hanging.
(d) Beheading and burning.
3. Of what relation are the two Mortimers?
(a) They are not related.
(b) Senior is the father of Junior.
(c) Senior is the older brother of Junior.
(d) Senior is uncle to Junior.
4. What new honor does Edward give Mortimer Junior in thanks for Gaveston's return?
(a) Duke of Cornwall.
(b) Lord Chamberlain.
(c) Royal Secretary.
(d) Lord Marshall.
5. With what does Edward threaten Mortimer Junior after the brawl of Scene 2?
(a) Banishment from the court.
(b) Imprisonment in the Tower.
(c) Drawing and quartering.
(d) Loss of his titles and land.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which vice does Mortimer Junior say is the "venom" that Gaveston has brought to the realm (I.ii.31)?
2. What does Mortimer Junior threaten to do if Gaveston return to England?
3. From whom is the letter that Lady Margaret carries with her in Scene 1?
4. Whom does Edward send to fight the rebellious Scots in this scene?
5. From what does Isabella tell Moritmer are her hands sore in Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is captured in the victory against Edward?
2. Who orders Kent's execution and how?
3. What is Edward's state of mind in Scene 5?
4. How is Kent's attitude toward Mortimer and Isabella changing in this scene?
5. How does Edward's support change in Scene 2?
6. Why does Isabella want Edward dead?
7. What are the fates of Edward, Spencer Junior and Baldock after they are discovered?
8. In what precarious situation are Spencer Junior and Baldock in Act 2, Scene 1?
9. How does Gaveston become wounded in Scene 2?
10. Describe the private pleading Mortimer Junior and Lancaster make to Edward.
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)