|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom is the letter that Lady Margaret carries with her in Scene 1?
2. What are the nobles doing with the writ of exile at the beginning of Scene 4?
(a) Sealing it.
(b) Signing it.
(c) Burning it.
(d) Drafting it.
3. What does Mortimer Junior fear regarding Gaveston in Ireland?
(a) He will die of consumption.
(b) He will build an army there.
(c) He will incite popular unrest.
(d) He will send assassin to England for them.
4. What part of Edward's body does he chastise Gaveston not to kiss?
(a) His hand.
(b) His feet.
(c) His neck.
(d) His lips.
5. Which of the following is net an earldom that Lancaster holds?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Edward's soliloquy after the nobles leave in Scene 4, whom does he long to kill?
2. Who volunteers to shelter the nobles at the end of Scene 2?
3. Whom does Edward send to fight the rebellious Scots in this scene?
4. After Gaveston is carried off in Scene 4, what does Edward say stops his speech?
5. Where does Lady Margaret put the letter after she has read it in Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Edward agree to Gaveston's exile?
2. How does Edward react to Leicester's departure?
3. What request does Edward make of the nobles via Arundel?
4. Describe the reassurances that the Abbot gives Edward II at the beginning of the scene.
5. In what precarious situation are Spencer Junior and Baldock in Act 2, Scene 1?
6. What expectation does Edward have after giving up his crown?
7. Who is captured in the victory against Edward?
8. Why does Isabella appeal specifically to Mortimer in this scene?
9. What does Sir John of Hainault offer the English exiles?
10. What request is made of King Edward by the nobles in Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)