|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following nobles does not leave with King Edward in this scene?
2. What part of Edward's body does he chastise Gaveston not to kiss?
(a) His hand.
(b) His neck.
(c) His lips.
(d) His feet.
3. What does Edward swear to send Gaveston?
(a) Reports of his revenge.
(b) Fine clothes.
(c) Letters of love.
4. What event does Edward plan for Gaveston's return?
(a) A joust.
(b) A masque.
(c) A military display.
(d) A May fair.
5. With whom does Edward accuse Isabella of being too familiar?
(b) Mortimer Junior.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Isabella resolve to do in Scene 2 rather than be the cause of unrest?
2. At the end of Scene 1, whom does Edward depose in vengeance of his part in Gaveston's exile?
3. What entreaty does Mortimer Junior make to Edward when they enter in Scene 1?
4. To what mythical figure does Lancaster compare Gaveston in Scene 4?
5. Spencer and Baldock served what newly-deceased lord?
Short Essay Questions
1. What revenge does Gaveston have on the Bishop of Coventry, and why?
2. Describe the private pleading Mortimer Junior and Lancaster make to Edward.
3. What is Margaret and Spencer's plan at the end of Scene 1?
4. Who is Lady Margaret?
5. What does Sir John of Hainault offer the English exiles?
6. What plan have the nobles mad by the end of Scene 2?
7. In what precarious situation are Spencer Junior and Baldock in Act 2, Scene 1?
8. What are the fates of Edward, Spencer Junior and Baldock after they are discovered?
9. Why does Spencer Junior send Levune to France at the end of Act 3?
10. How do Edward and Gaveston react to Isabella's entrance in Scene 4?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)