|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Scene 3, how does Edward direct his and and Gaveston's departure?
(a) Gaveston by sea; Edward by land.
(b) Both by land.
(c) Gaveston by land; Edward by sea.
(d) Both by sea.
2. To what mythical figure does Lancaster compare Gaveston in Scene 4?
3. Why does Mortimer say Gaveston will be more fearful of the nobles on his return to England?
(a) He will be publicly shamed.
(b) He will fear violent reprisal from them.
(c) He will know they can banish him again.
(d) He will feel immense gratitude toward them.
4. Where is the Bishop of Coventry at the beginning of Scene 2?
(a) In Rome.
(c) In France.
(d) In the Tower.
5. What covert act must a gentleman occasionally enact, according to Spencer Junior?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the nobles in seem to, how is Gaveston normally positioned with the King in court?
2. Who does Arundel promise as ransom for Gaveston's temporary reprieve in Scene 4?
3. What new honor does Edward give Mortimer Junior in thanks for Gaveston's return?
4. What does Edward swear to send Gaveston?
5. What does Edward protest he will use to sign the writ of banishment?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mortimer Junior convince the other nobles that Gaveston should be recalled?
2. How does Edward discover Mortimer's whereabouts?
3. Why does Spencer Junior send Levune to France at the end of Act 3?
4. What is Isabella's end?
5. How does Edward reward Gaveston when the two are reunited?
6. What is Margaret and Spencer's plan at the end of Scene 1?
7. How does Gaveston die?
8. What request is made of King Edward by the nobles in Act 3, Scene 1?
9. How is Edward III caught between Kent and Mortimer at the end of Scene 2?
10. What is Mortimer's plan regarding Edward III?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)