|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who of Spencer's relations is Gaveston's lover?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His nephew.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
2. What does Lancaster intend to do with the writ of banishment after Edward signs it?
(a) Burn it.
(b) Deliver it to Gaveston personally.
(c) Frame it.
(d) Publish it.
3. Who volunteers to shelter the nobles at the end of Scene 2?
(a) The King of France.
(d) The Bishop of Canterbury.
4. What has Mortimer resolved to do to Gaveston by the end of Scene 2?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Kidnap him.
(c) Challenge his advancement.
(d) Exile him.
5. What entreaty does Mortimer Junior make to Edward when they enter in Scene 1?
(a) Increase pay to the troops.
(b) Spend less of the community purse on revels.
(c) Hate Gaveston.
(d) Hold a full funeral for his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What skill does the first poor man who approaches Gaveston for preferment possess?
2. What does Isabella wish would happen to Gaveston at the end of Scene 3?
3. Why does Mortimer say Gaveston will be more fearful of the nobles on his return to England?
4. To what bird does Edward compare the nobles after they exit in Scene 2?
5. Which of the following men is not a group that Gaveston announces he wants to keep about him and the king?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Kent's attitude toward Mortimer and Isabella changing in this scene?
2. How does Edward react to giving up his crown?
3. What is Margaret and Spencer's plan at the end of Scene 1?
4. Describe the private pleading Mortimer Junior and Lancaster make to Edward.
5. Describe the space where Edward is kept in Scene 5.
6. What are the fates of Edward, Spencer Junior and Baldock after they are discovered?
7. What fate befalls the nobles in Scene 3?
8. How is the English war with Scots references in Scene 4?
9. How does Edward's support change in Scene 2?
10. In what precarious situation are Spencer Junior and Baldock in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)