|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the nobles is a citizen of Wales?
(c) Mortimer Junior.
2. According to Mortimer Junior, who is aiding the Scots?
(a) The French.
(b) The Welsh.
(c) The Irish.
(d) The Italians.
3. After Gaveston is carried off in Scene 4, what does Edward say stops his speech?
4. Of what relation are the two Mortimers?
(a) Senior is the father of Junior.
(b) Senior is uncle to Junior.
(c) Senior is the older brother of Junior.
(d) They are not related.
5. Which of the following nobles does not leave with King Edward in this scene?
Short Answer Questions
1. What land's ship do the nobles take to pursue Gaveston at the end of Scene 3?
2. Which vice does Mortimer Junior say is the "venom" that Gaveston has brought to the realm (I.ii.31)?
3. From what does Isabella tell Moritmer are her hands sore in Scene 3?
4. Who does Arundel promise as ransom for Gaveston's temporary reprieve in Scene 4?
5. Where is Lady Margaret ordered to go in her second letter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the reassurances that the Abbot gives Edward II at the beginning of the scene.
2. How does Isabella greet the victory of Scene 5?
3. What is Lightborn's brave plan to kill Edward?
4. How does Edward reward Gaveston when the two are reunited?
5. Who is captured in the victory against Edward?
6. What outrage does Edward commit in this scene regarding Mortimer Senior?
7. What plans does Gaveston upon returning from exile?
8. What is Isabella's end?
9. What are the fates of Edward, Spencer Junior and Baldock after they are discovered?
10. What fears do the nobles have regarding Kent in Scene 3?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)