|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What covert act must a gentleman occasionally enact, according to Spencer Junior?
2. From what does Isabella tell Moritmer are her hands sore in Scene 3?
(a) Haling Edward.
(b) Beating her breast.
(c) Holding her lord.
(d) Battling with her heart.
3. Who volunteers to shelter the nobles at the end of Scene 2?
(a) The King of France.
(c) The Bishop of Canterbury.
4. Who of Spencer's relations is Gaveston's lover?
(a) His sister.
(b) His mother.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His nephew.
5. According to Mortimer Junior, what do the Mortimers never do?
Short Answer Questions
1. What his happened to Mortimer Senior in Scotland?
2. At the end of Scene 1, whom does Edward depose in vengeance of his part in Gaveston's exile?
3. With what title do Spencer and Margaret refer to Gaveston throughout Scene 1?
4. Which Lord does Spencer Junior claim once much preferred him?
5. According to Lancaster in Scene 4, where is the only place that Gaveston is safe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mortimer's plan regarding Edward III?
2. How does Baldock calm Spencer Junior at the end of Scene 6?
3. What is Margaret and Spencer's plan at the end of Scene 1?
4. In what precarious situation are Spencer Junior and Baldock in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. How does Edward reward Gaveston when the two are reunited?
6. How is Kent's attitude toward Mortimer and Isabella changing in this scene?
7. How is Edward III caught between Kent and Mortimer at the end of Scene 2?
8. What request is made of King Edward by the nobles in Act 3, Scene 1?
9. What is the state of the Bishop of Coventry in Scene 2?
10. What revenge does Gaveston have on the Bishop of Coventry, and why?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)