|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which noble does Isabella enlist to be her advocate among the others in Scene 4?
(a) Mortimer Junior.
2. What does Baldock protest he despises about the court?
3. Who is the first noble that Edward publicly forgives after Gaveston is repealed in Scene 4?
(c) Mortimer Senior.
4. With what does Edward threaten Mortimer Junior after the brawl of Scene 2?
(a) Imprisonment in the Tower.
(b) Loss of his titles and land.
(c) Banishment from the court.
(d) Drawing and quartering.
5. Whom does Edward send to fight the rebellious Scots in this scene?
(a) Mortimer Senior.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Bishop of Coventry at the beginning of Scene 2?
2. Where is Lady Margaret ordered to go in her second letter?
3. What new honor does Edward give Mortimer Junior in thanks for Gaveston's return?
4. What present role does Spencer Junior tell Baldock her must cast off to come to court?
5. What part of Edward's body does he chastise Gaveston not to kiss?
Short Essay Questions
1. What expectation does Edward have after giving up his crown?
2. What are the fates of Edward, Spencer Junior and Baldock after they are discovered?
3. Describe Isabella's and Edward III's reception in France.
4. To what extent is Mortimer's pride getting the best of him in Scene 4?
5. Describe the relationship between Leicester and Edward.
6. What fears do the nobles have regarding Kent in Scene 3?
7. Describe the reassurances that the Abbot gives Edward II at the beginning of the scene.
8. Why does Edward part from Gaveston in Scene 4?
9. What is Lightborn's brave plan to kill Edward?
10. Why does Isabella appeal specifically to Mortimer in this scene?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)