|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who volunteers to shelter the nobles at the end of Scene 2?
(b) The Bishop of Canterbury.
(c) The King of France.
2. From whom is the letter that Lady Margaret carries with her in Scene 1?
3. What does Mortimer Junior threaten to do if Gaveston return to England?
(a) Leave England.
(b) Refuse to fight for Edward.
(c) Rise up in revolt.
(d) Kill Gaveston.
4. Spencer and Baldock served what newly-deceased lord?
5. After Gaveston is carried off in Scene 4, what does Edward say stops his speech?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Bishop of Coventry at the beginning of Scene 2?
2. Who exits with Gaveston guarded in Scene 4?
3. With whom does Edward accuse Isabella of being too familiar?
4. Where is Isabella headed when Mortimer halts her in Scene 2?
5. Which of the nobles wounds Gaveston in this scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Lady Margaret?
2. How does Edward react to giving up his crown?
3. What is Edward's state of mind in Scene 5?
4. Describe the reassurances that the Abbot gives Edward II at the beginning of the scene.
5. How does Edward's support change in Scene 2?
6. What is the state of the Bishop of Coventry in Scene 2?
7. How do Matrevis and Gurney mistreat Edward II in Scene 3?
8. What plan have the nobles mad by the end of Scene 2?
9. What is Mortimer's plan regarding Edward III?
10. What request does Edward make of the nobles via Arundel?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)