|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is net an earldom that Lancaster holds?
2. Why does Mortimer say Gaveston will be more fearful of the nobles on his return to England?
(a) He will fear violent reprisal from them.
(b) He will be publicly shamed.
(c) He will know they can banish him again.
(d) He will feel immense gratitude toward them.
3. What his happened to Mortimer Senior in Scotland?
(a) He has been taken prisoner.
(b) He has killed the Scottish commander.
(c) He has been slain.
(d) He has retreated fromt he field.
4. Which of the following is not a figure that Mortimer Senior cites in describing great men with obsessive companions?
5. Which Lord does Spencer Junior claim once much preferred him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which noble does Isabella enlist to be her advocate among the others in Scene 4?
2. What covert act must a gentleman occasionally enact, according to Spencer Junior?
3. According to the nobles in seem to, how is Gaveston normally positioned with the King in court?
4. How does Pembroke refer to Isabella when the nobles reenter in Scene 4?
5. To which of the following items does Mortimer compare the king in his jousting crest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship between Leicester and Edward.
2. What orders does Mortimer give Matrevas and Gurney?
3. Who is captured in the victory against Edward?
4. What promises does Edward make to Isabella when she gives him the good news regarding Gaveston?
5. How does Gaveston die?
6. What is Margaret and Spencer's plan at the end of Scene 1?
7. How are the nobles and Edward at odds in the first scene in the play?
8. What is Warwick's plan at the end of Scene 5?
9. How does Edward react to Leicester's departure?
10. How is Edward III caught between Kent and Mortimer at the end of Scene 2?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)