|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Isabella headed when Mortimer halts her in Scene 2?
(b) The forest.
(c) Her stables.
2. Over what two forms of execution do the nobles argue regarding Gaveston in Scene 4?
(a) Hanging and beheading.
(b) Beheading and burning.
(c) Burning and quartering.
(d) Quartering and hanging.
3. Which of the following outrages is not one that his befallen the Bishop of Coventry?
(a) He has been sodomized.
(b) His garments have been torn.
(c) He has been manhandled.
(d) He has been stripped of his property.
4. What does Mortimer threaten Edward if he do not agree to Gaveston's exile?
(a) He will suspend duty to the throne.
(b) He will kill him.
(c) He will leave England.
(d) He will depose him.
5. How does Mortimer Junior characterize Gaveston in Scene 4?
(a) A murderer.
(b) A thief.
(c) A whore.
(d) A pander.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Edward send to fight the rebellious Scots in this scene?
2. Who of Spencer's relations is Gaveston's lover?
3. What noble rank has Gaveston been given by Scene 2?
4. What present role does Spencer Junior tell Baldock her must cast off to come to court?
5. To which of the following items does Mortimer compare the king in his jousting crest?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rice Ap Howell track down Edward?
2. How does Edward react to giving up his crown?
3. Describe the space where Edward is kept in Scene 5.
4. How does Isabella greet the victory of Scene 5?
5. How are the nobles and Edward at odds in the first scene in the play?
6. What is Isabella's end?
7. How is Kent's attitude toward Mortimer and Isabella changing in this scene?
8. How is the English war with Scots references in Scene 4?
9. Describe the private pleading Mortimer Junior and Lancaster make to Edward.
10. Who orders Kent's execution and how?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)