|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which noble resolves to murder Gaveston personally on his way to see Edward?
(d) Mortimer Junior.
2. Where does Edward send Gaveston for banishment?
3. Why can Edward not commit Mortimer Junior to the Tower?
(a) The people love him.
(b) Isabella loves him.
(c) The Tower is already full.
(d) He has a strong retinue of men.
4. From what does Isabella tell Moritmer are her hands sore in Scene 3?
(a) Beating her breast.
(b) Haling Edward.
(c) Holding her lord.
(d) Battling with her heart.
5. What does Edward protest he will use to sign the writ of banishment?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Isabella headed when Mortimer halts her in Scene 2?
2. Why does Mortimer say Gaveston will be more fearful of the nobles on his return to England?
3. What event does Edward plan for Gaveston's return?
4. Which of the following is not a figure that Mortimer Senior cites in describing great men with obsessive companions?
5. At the beginning of Scene 3, how does Edward direct his and and Gaveston's departure?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lightborn.
2. What outrage does Edward commit in this scene regarding Mortimer Senior?
3. Describe the space where Edward is kept in Scene 5.
4. Why does Isabella appeal specifically to Mortimer in this scene?
5. How is Kent's attitude toward Mortimer and Isabella changing in this scene?
6. What is Warwick's plan at the end of Scene 5?
7. How do Edward and Gaveston react to Isabella's entrance in Scene 4?
8. How does Edward discover Mortimer's whereabouts?
9. What is Baldock's attitude toward the court?
10. What are the fates of Edward, Spencer Junior and Baldock after they are discovered?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)