|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Lancaster and Mortimer say no longer inhabits the court?
(b) Foriegn dignitaries.
2. Whom does Edward send to fight the rebellious Scots in this scene?
(c) Mortimer Senior.
3. What does Isabella wish would happen to Gaveston at the end of Scene 3?
(a) He he taken prisoner.
(b) He be slain.
(c) He be returned to Ireland.
(d) He be shipwrecked.
4. What does Lancaster intend to do with the writ of banishment after Edward signs it?
(a) Deliver it to Gaveston personally.
(b) Frame it.
(c) Burn it.
(d) Publish it.
5. Where does Lady Margaret put the letter after she has read it in Scene 1?
(a) In Spencer's hands.
(b) In her Bible.
(c) In the brook.
(d) Against her breast.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what title do Spencer and Margaret refer to Gaveston throughout Scene 1?
2. Which of the nobles wounds Gaveston in this scene?
3. Which Lord does Spencer Junior claim once much preferred him?
4. What has Mortimer resolved to do to Gaveston by the end of Scene 2?
5. How does Mortimer Junior characterize Gaveston in Scene 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What orders does Mortimer give Matrevas and Gurney?
2. What is Baldock's attitude toward the court?
3. What is the state of the Bishop of Coventry in Scene 2?
4. What is Margaret and Spencer's plan at the end of Scene 1?
5. How is Edward III caught between Kent and Mortimer at the end of Scene 2?
6. Why does Edward part from Gaveston in Scene 4?
7. How do the nobles respond to Gaveston's advancement?
8. Describe the private pleading Mortimer Junior and Lancaster make to Edward.
9. How does Gaveston die?
10. Describe the reassurances that the Abbot gives Edward II at the beginning of the scene.
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)