|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the nobles in seem to, how is Gaveston normally positioned with the King in court?
(a) Leaning on his shoulder.
(b) Seated at his left.
(c) Kneeling by his side.
(d) Lying on his lap.
2. Which noble does Isabella enlist to be her advocate among the others in Scene 4?
(c) Mortimer Junior.
3. What does Isabella decide to do when Mortimer Junior leaves in Scene 3?
(a) Stay at a nearby castle.
(b) Go to King Edward.
(c) Go with Mortimer.
(d) Return to France.
4. Where is Lady Margaret ordered to go in her second letter?
(a) To Ireland.
(b) To court.
(c) To France.
(d) To Parliament.
5. What covert act must a gentleman occasionally enact, according to Spencer Junior?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is the Bishop of Canterbury writing in Scene 2?
2. Which of the following is not a figure that Mortimer Senior cites in describing great men with obsessive companions?
3. Over what two forms of execution do the nobles argue regarding Gaveston in Scene 4?
4. After Gaveston is carried off in Scene 4, what does Edward say stops his speech?
5. What does Isabella wish would happen to Gaveston at the end of Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lightborn.
2. What is Baldock's attitude toward the court?
3. Why does Edward part from Gaveston in Scene 4?
4. What revenge does Gaveston have on the Bishop of Coventry, and why?
5. How does Edward react to giving up his crown?
6. What is the state of the Bishop of Coventry in Scene 2?
7. Why does Isabella appeal specifically to Mortimer in this scene?
8. What does Sir John of Hainault offer the English exiles?
9. How does Isabella greet the victory of Scene 5?
10. How is Edward dealing with Mortimer's escape?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)