|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Edward's soliloquy after the nobles leave in Scene 4, whom does he long to kill?
(a) All nobles.
(d) Mortimer Junior.
2. What new honor does Edward give Mortimer Junior in thanks for Gaveston's return?
(a) Lord Marshall.
(b) Duke of Cornwall.
(c) Royal Secretary.
(d) Lord Chamberlain.
3. What does Warwick believe is the only mean the nobles have of challenging Gaveston?
(d) Collective bargaining.
4. With what title do Spencer and Margaret refer to Gaveston throughout Scene 1?
(a) Lord Chamberlain
(b) Lord of Man
(c) Royal Secretary
5. According to the nobles in seem to, how is Gaveston normally positioned with the King in court?
(a) Leaning on his shoulder.
(b) Seated at his left.
(c) Lying on his lap.
(d) Kneeling by his side.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first noble that Edward publicly forgives after Gaveston is repealed in Scene 4?
2. What part of Edward's body does he chastise Gaveston not to kiss?
3. How does Pembroke refer to Isabella when the nobles reenter in Scene 4?
4. What entreaty does Mortimer Junior make to Edward when they enter in Scene 1?
5. Spencer and Baldock served what newly-deceased lord?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Isabella's position on Gavestone change during her soliloquy?
2. Describe the private pleading Mortimer Junior and Lancaster make to Edward.
3. Why does Isabella want Edward dead?
4. What plan have the nobles mad by the end of Scene 2?
5. What is the state of the Bishop of Coventry in Scene 2?
6. Describe the reassurances that the Abbot gives Edward II at the beginning of the scene.
7. How does Rice Ap Howell track down Edward?
8. What is Isabella's end?
9. What outrage does Edward commit in this scene regarding Mortimer Senior?
10. How do the nobles respond to Gaveston's advancement?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)