|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edward protest he will use to sign the writ of banishment?
2. Where is Lady Margaret ordered to go in her second letter?
(a) To France.
(b) To Parliament.
(c) To court.
(d) To Ireland.
3. Who does Arundel promise as ransom for Gaveston's temporary reprieve in Scene 4?
(d) King Edward.
4. To what mythical figure does Lancaster compare Gaveston in Scene 4?
5. What does Lancaster intend to do with the writ of banishment after Edward signs it?
(a) Publish it.
(b) Burn it.
(c) Frame it.
(d) Deliver it to Gaveston personally.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Warwick believe is the only mean the nobles have of challenging Gaveston?
2. How does Pembroke refer to Isabella when the nobles reenter in Scene 4?
3. Where does Lady Margaret put the letter after she has read it in Scene 1?
4. What has Mortimer resolved to do to Gaveston by the end of Scene 2?
5. What part of Edward's body does he chastise Gaveston not to kiss?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Edward react to Leicester's departure?
2. How are the nobles and Edward at odds in the first scene in the play?
3. What revenge does Gaveston have on the Bishop of Coventry, and why?
4. Describe the relationship between Leicester and Edward.
5. What orders does Mortimer give Matrevas and Gurney?
6. How is Edward III caught between Kent and Mortimer at the end of Scene 2?
7. How does Isabella's position on Gavestone change during her soliloquy?
8. How does Edward discover Mortimer's whereabouts?
9. Why does Isabella want Edward dead?
10. Describe Isabella's and Edward III's reception in France.
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)