|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Scene 3, how does Edward direct his and and Gaveston's departure?
(a) Gaveston by sea; Edward by land.
(b) Gaveston by land; Edward by sea.
(c) Both by land.
(d) Both by sea.
2. Unto whom does Pembroke entrust Gaveston at the end of Scene 4?
(c) No one.
3. Spencer and Baldock served what newly-deceased lord?
4. What covert act must a gentleman occasionally enact, according to Spencer Junior?
5. What city does Gaveston declare that he loves as he would Elysium?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which noble resolves to murder Gaveston personally on his way to see Edward?
2. Which of the following is net an earldom that Lancaster holds?
3. Why does Baldock exit in Scene 1?
4. According to Mortimer Junior, what do the Mortimers never do?
5. When Isabella entreats Lancaster for Gaveston's return, what is the only situation that Lancaster says will bring Gaveston back?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sir John of Hainault offer the English exiles?
2. Why is Isabella distraught in Scene 2?
3. Who is captured in the victory against Edward?
4. How does Baldock calm Spencer Junior at the end of Scene 6?
5. What plans does Gaveston upon returning from exile?
6. What is Warwick's plan at the end of Scene 5?
7. How does Edward react to Leicester's departure?
8. What promises does Edward make to Isabella when she gives him the good news regarding Gaveston?
9. Describe Lightborn.
10. How is Edward dealing with Mortimer's escape?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)