|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mortimer Junior, what do the Mortimers never do?
2. Which noble does Isabella enlist to be her advocate among the others in Scene 4?
(a) Mortimer Junior.
3. Which Lord does Spencer Junior claim once much preferred him?
4. What does Edward swear to send Gaveston?
(a) Reports of his revenge.
(c) Letters of love.
(d) Fine clothes.
5. What does Mortimer Junior threaten to do if Gaveston return to England?
(a) Rise up in revolt.
(b) Leave England.
(c) Kill Gaveston.
(d) Refuse to fight for Edward.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lancaster intend to do with the writ of banishment after Edward signs it?
2. Why does Mortimer say Gaveston will be more fearful of the nobles on his return to England?
3. With what does Edward threaten Mortimer Junior after the brawl of Scene 2?
4. Who of Spencer's relations is Gaveston's lover?
5. In Edward's soliloquy after the nobles leave in Scene 4, whom does he long to kill?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who orders Kent's execution and how?
2. What is the state of the Bishop of Coventry in Scene 2?
3. What fate befalls the nobles in Scene 3?
4. How are the nobles and Edward at odds in the first scene in the play?
5. How does Baldock calm Spencer Junior at the end of Scene 6?
6. What request is made of King Edward by the nobles in Act 3, Scene 1?
7. What is Baldock's attitude toward the court?
8. What plans does Gaveston upon returning from exile?
9. How does Rice Ap Howell track down Edward?
10. Who is captured in the victory against Edward?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)