|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What present role does Spencer Junior tell Baldock her must cast off to come to court?
2. Who of Spencer's relations is Gaveston's lover?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His nephew.
(c) His mother.
(d) His sister.
3. Which of the nobles wounds Gaveston in this scene?
(b) Mortimer Junior.
4. What does Isabella wish would happen to Gaveston at the end of Scene 3?
(a) He he taken prisoner.
(b) He be shipwrecked.
(c) He be slain.
(d) He be returned to Ireland.
5. Which two nobles go to Newcastle to muster troops?
(a) Mortimer Junior and Warwick.
(b) Pembroke and Lancaster.
(c) Lancaster and Mortimer Junior.
(d) Warwick and Pembroke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Bishop of Coventry at the beginning of Scene 2?
2. When Isabella entreats Lancaster for Gaveston's return, what is the only situation that Lancaster says will bring Gaveston back?
3. Who exits with Gaveston guarded in Scene 4?
4. Of what relation are the two Mortimers?
5. Spencer and Baldock served what newly-deceased lord?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lightborn.
2. What is Baldock's attitude toward the court?
3. Why does Isabella appeal specifically to Mortimer in this scene?
4. What is Mortimer's plan regarding Edward III?
5. How does Edward reward Gaveston when the two are reunited?
6. How is Edward III caught between Kent and Mortimer at the end of Scene 2?
7. Why does Edward agree to Gaveston's exile?
8. What is Isabella's end?
9. How does Edward react to giving up his crown?
10. Describe the space where Edward is kept in Scene 5.
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)