|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Unto whom does Pembroke entrust Gaveston at the end of Scene 4?
(c) No one.
2. According to Lancaster in Scene 4, where is the only place that Gaveston is safe?
(a) In Hell.
(b) In the Tower.
(c) In France.
(d) At Edward's side.
3. Who do Lancaster and Mortimer say no longer inhabits the court?
(d) Foriegn dignitaries.
4. Who finally promises to accompany Gaveston on his journey to Edward?
(b) Mortimer Junior.
5. To what mythical figure does Lancaster compare Gaveston in Scene 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two nobles go to Newcastle to muster troops?
2. To which of the following items does Mortimer compare the king in his jousting crest?
3. Who of Spencer's relations is Gaveston's lover?
4. Which noble resolves to murder Gaveston personally on his way to see Edward?
5. What land's ship do the nobles take to pursue Gaveston at the end of Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. To what extent is Mortimer's pride getting the best of him in Scene 4?
2. What is Margaret and Spencer's plan at the end of Scene 1?
3. How does Rice Ap Howell track down Edward?
4. Describe Isabella's and Edward III's reception in France.
5. How does Gaveston become wounded in Scene 2?
6. What are the fates of Edward, Spencer Junior and Baldock after they are discovered?
7. How does Edward react to giving up his crown?
8. What is Mortimer's plan regarding Edward III?
9. How do Edward and Gaveston react to Isabella's entrance in Scene 4?
10. Why does Edward agree to Gaveston's exile?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)