|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mortimer interrupt Isabella in Scene 4?
(a) He fears the army does not understand her meaning.
(b) Her speech is too passionate.
(c) The battle must commence.
(d) He must profess his love for her.
2. Which of the following allies does Mortimer intend to have killed after Edward II is dead?
3. Which of Edwards warders is ordered to give up custody of the deposed king at the end of Scene 1?
4. With what natural image does Kent characterize the vengeance he must face for betraying his brother?
5. To what town is Edward bound with Leicester at the end of the scene?
6. The Mayor of which city arrives in Scene 5 to present Spencer Senior to Isabella?
7. In whose name does Leicester arrest Baldock and Spencer Junior?
(b) Edward III.
8. How does the Earl of Kent refer to his brother Edward in Scene 1?
(a) A butcher.
(b) A fool.
(c) A despot.
(d) A ghost.
9. How does Leicester recommend Edward view Killingworth Castle at the beginning of the scene?
(a) As a court.
(b) As heaven.
(c) As his royal bed chamber.
(d) As a ship.
10. What do Matrevis and Gurney use to wash Edward's face in Scene 3?
(b) Edward's own blood.
(c) A puddle.
(d) Their spittle.
11. To whom does Edward say he will complain of the malefactions of Mortimer and Isabella?
(a) To France.
(b) To the legions of hell.
(c) To the gods.
(d) To his dead servants.
12. Whose entreaty finally convinces Edward to relinquish his crown?
(b) Edward III.
13. What is the function of the room in Killingworth where Edward II is kept in Scene 5?
(a) A chapel.
(b) A sewer.
(c) A stable.
(d) A banquet hall.
14. To what country does Spencer Junior order Levune to deliver large stores of English gold in Scene 3?
15. For what destination are the King and his remaining counselors bound according to Rice Ap Howell?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mortimer has arranged a horse for Lightborn at points how many miles apart?
2. Which noble does Edward immediately banish from his presence in the beginning of Scene 3?
3. Of what is the abbot assuring Edward at the beginning of the scene?
4. Which noble does Edward consign to the Tower in Scene 3?
5. Who tries to stop Mortimer from having Kent executed in Scene 4?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)