|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Into what does Edward will heaven turn his crown before he give it to Mortimer?
(c) A jester's cap.
(d) A sword.
2. Who is the "gloomy fellow" Spencer mentions in Scene 5 (IV.vi.29)?
(a) Rice Ap Howell.
(c) The Abbot.
(d) The Mower.
3. What information about Isabella does Kent reveal in his soliloquy in Scene 5?
(a) She is in love with Mortimer.
(b) She has died in the battle.
(c) She intends to return to France for the remainder of her life.
(d) She detests her son by Edward.
4. Who does Isabella credit with winning battle when she enters in Scene 5?
(a) The French troops.
5. In Act 3, Scene 1, what does Spencer Junior recommend Edward do with the rebellious nobles?
(a) Banish them.
(b) Behead them.
(c) Make peace with them.
(d) Buy them off.
6. According to Arundel's story in Scene 1, how did Warwick kill Gaveston?
(a) He hanged him.
(b) He beheaded him.
(c) He made him drink poison.
(d) He ran hom through with his sword.
7. What announcement has Spencer Junior recently made in Scene 3?
(a) An amnesty for lords who took up arms and retreated.
(b) A festival to be held in Edward's honor.
(c) A general curfew for the northern towns.
(d) A reward for Mortimer's capture.
8. Which king does Warwick promise Gaveston will soon meet before killing him?
(a) King Edward I.
(b) King Edward II.
(c) The King of Heaven.
(d) The King of Worms.
9. What does the Mower request in the last moment of the scene?
10. In Scene 3, what does Edward suggest Matrevis and Gurney give to Isabella and Mortimer?
(a) His royal crest.
(b) His head.
(c) His heart.
(d) His sword.
11. At the beginning of the scene, for what the only thing that Edward longs?
12. Which noble does Edward immediately banish from his presence in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) Mortimer Junior.
13. After Kent enters in Scene 2, both Mortimer and Isabella express deep sadness over what?
(a) Edward's imprisonment.
(b) Edward's abdication.
(c) Kent's discontent.
(d) Spencer Junior's death.
14. Where does Kent intend to travel in Scene 1?
15. What request does Mortimer make to Isabella at the beginning of the scene?
(a) Edward II be executed.
(b) He be made Protector of the Prince.
(c) Kent be imprisoned.
(d) Leicester be banished to Ireland.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who delivers word that Edward has yielded his crown?
2. To what country does Spencer Junior order Levune to deliver large stores of English gold in Scene 3?
3. What does Edward II intend to do as his armies are being defeated?
4. The Mayor of which city arrives in Scene 5 to present Spencer Senior to Isabella?
5. What does Edward III want to do at the beginning of Scene 2?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)