|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what town is Edward bound with Leicester at the end of the scene?
2. Why have Edward and his peers not arrived in Ireland?
(a) Their ship was maliciously sunk.
(b) Edward refused to leave the island.
(c) A tempest forced them back.
(d) The lords of Ireland refused to accept them.
3. What decision does Mortimer make regarding Berkeley after word of the deposed king's transport is brought in Scene 2?
(a) Berkeley deserved additional titles for his service.
(b) Berkeley should be executed.
(c) Berkeley should be relieved of the king.
(d) Berkeley should carry out Edward's execution.
4. What does Edward offer to Leicester in place of Baldock and Spencer Junior?
(a) His purse.
(b) His crown.
(c) His heart.
(d) His soul.
5. What announcement has Spencer Junior recently made in Scene 3?
(a) An amnesty for lords who took up arms and retreated.
(b) A general curfew for the northern towns.
(c) A reward for Mortimer's capture.
(d) A festival to be held in Edward's honor.
6. On the field of battle in Scene 2, what does Lancaster tell Edward his flatterers will do?
(a) Become dependant on him.
(b) Weaken him.
(c) Use him.
(d) Betray him.
7. Who does Isabella credit with winning battle when she enters in Scene 5?
(c) The French troops.
8. According to Matrevis in the beginning of Scene 3, men are meant to live in what?
(d) The light.
9. In whose name does Leicester arrest Baldock and Spencer Junior?
(d) Edward III.
10. Whose entreaty finally convinces Edward to relinquish his crown?
(c) Edward III.
11. Which of Edwards warders is ordered to give up custody of the deposed king at the end of Scene 1?
12. Where does Kent intend to travel in Scene 1?
13. Mortimer has arranged a horse for Lightborn at points how many miles apart?
14. Who is the "gloomy fellow" Spencer mentions in Scene 5 (IV.vi.29)?
(a) The Abbot.
(c) Rice Ap Howell.
(d) The Mower.
15. According to Baldock at the end of Scene 6, why do all men live?
(a) To be glad.
(b) To strive.
(c) To die.
(d) To suffer.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Mayor of which city arrives in Scene 5 to present Spencer Senior to Isabella?
2. What does Spencer Junior state wills his and Baldock's arrest?
3. Which of the following groups of soldiers is not mentioned to be in Spencer Senior's retinue?
4. What does Edward II intend to do as his armies are being defeated?
5. After Kent enters in Scene 2, both Mortimer and Isabella express deep sadness over what?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)