|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Isabella credit with winning battle when she enters in Scene 5?
(c) The French troops.
2. How many days has Edward been in his dungeon when Lightborn arrives?
3. In Scene 1, what position does Edward beg his captors not to allow Mortimer Junior to hold?
(a) Lord Chamberlain.
(b) Protector of Edward III.
(c) King of England.
(d) Husband to his widowed Queen.
4. Why have Edward and his peers not arrived in Ireland?
(a) A tempest forced them back.
(b) Their ship was maliciously sunk.
(c) Edward refused to leave the island.
(d) The lords of Ireland refused to accept them.
5. Which of the following promises is not one that Sir John makes to Kent and Mortimer in Scene 2?
6. What announcement has Spencer Junior recently made in Scene 3?
(a) A reward for Mortimer's capture.
(b) A festival to be held in Edward's honor.
(c) An amnesty for lords who took up arms and retreated.
(d) A general curfew for the northern towns.
7. What does the Mower request in the last moment of the scene?
8. Which noble does Edward consign to the Tower in Scene 3?
(a) Mortimer Junior.
9. What does Edward II intend to do as his armies are being defeated?
(a) Go into hiding in Wales.
(b) Stay and die in the field.
(c) Fly to Ireland.
(d) Surrender to Isabella and Mortimer.
10. In his long speech regarding relinquishing his crown, how long does Edward beg Leicester and Winchester allow him to remain king?
(a) Until his death.
(b) For all eternity.
(c) Until night.
(d) Until Easter.
11. What is related on the paper that Spencer Junior reads at the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) The nobles that have been executed.
(b) An inventory of lands that Edward has seized.
(c) The foreign powers that have lent men to Edward's campaign.
(d) The lords that are fled to France.
12. Whose entreaty finally convinces Edward to relinquish his crown?
(b) Edward III.
13. Which of the following groups of soldiers is not mentioned to be in Spencer Senior's retinue?
14. What does Edward offer to Leicester in place of Baldock and Spencer Junior?
(a) His purse.
(b) His heart.
(c) His soul.
(d) His crown.
15. The Mayor of which city arrives in Scene 5 to present Spencer Senior to Isabella?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which nobles' deaths does Mortimer confirm in his report to Isabella in Scene 2?
2. What word does Kent protest that he will not use to address Edward II?
3. In whose name does Leicester arrest Baldock and Spencer Junior?
4. From whom is the letter that Edward receives in Scene 3?
5. Which of the following allies does Mortimer intend to have killed after Edward II is dead?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)