|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following allies does Mortimer intend to have killed after Edward II is dead?
2. In the beginning of Act 5, which of Edward's possessions does he claim Mortimer defiles?
(a) His bed.
(b) His crown.
(c) His throne.
(d) His standard.
3. Which king does Warwick promise Gaveston will soon meet before killing him?
(a) King Edward II.
(b) King Edward I.
(c) The King of Worms.
(d) The King of Heaven.
4. Who is not with King Edward in Scene 5?
(a) Spencer Senior.
(c) Spencer Junior.
5. At the beginning of the scene, where does Spencer suggest the King fly?
6. What decision does Mortimer make regarding Berkeley after word of the deposed king's transport is brought in Scene 2?
(a) Berkeley should be executed.
(b) Berkeley should be relieved of the king.
(c) Berkeley should carry out Edward's execution.
(d) Berkeley deserved additional titles for his service.
7. How many days has Edward been in his dungeon when Lightborn arrives?
8. Whose presence in the approaching army grieved Edward in Scene 3?
(a) Sir John of Hainault.
(d) Edward III.
9. In what Italian town did Lightborn learn his deadly craft?
10. At the closing of Edward's revenge pledge in Scene 1, whom does he adopt and bestow titles?
(b) Spencer Junior.
(c) Spencer Senior.
11. Who delivers word that Edward has yielded his crown?
12. To what town is Edward bound with Leicester at the end of the scene?
13. For what destination are the King and his remaining counselors bound according to Rice Ap Howell?
14. Who is the "gloomy fellow" Spencer mentions in Scene 5 (IV.vi.29)?
(a) The Abbot.
(c) The Mower.
(d) Rice Ap Howell.
15. How many different ways can Mortimer's Latin death order be read?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edward offer to Leicester in place of Baldock and Spencer Junior?
2. Who does Mortimer order to draft a letter transferring Edward's custody?
3. Which of the following items is not one that Lightborn requires of Matrevis and Gurney?
4. Of what is the abbot assuring Edward at the beginning of the scene?
5. Who swears to protect Edward III at the end of Scene 4?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)