|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Matrevis and Gurney use to wash Edward's face in Scene 3?
(a) Their spittle.
(c) Edward's own blood.
(d) A puddle.
2. What does Edward protest she should be given instead of a litter?
(a) A chariot.
(b) A boat.
(c) A hearse.
(d) A horse.
3. How does Lightborn die at the end of Scene 5?
(a) He kills himself.
(b) He drowns.
(c) Matrevis kills him.
(d) Gurney kills him.
4. Into what does Edward will heaven turn his crown before he give it to Mortimer?
(b) A sword.
(d) A jester's cap.
5. Mortimer has arranged a horse for Lightborn at points how many miles apart?
6. What offer does John of Hainault make Isabella and Edward III in Scene 2?
(a) Shelter in France.
(b) A retinue of armed men.
(c) His purse for their general comfort.
(d) A ship back to England.
7. Who tries to stop Mortimer from having Kent executed in Scene 4?
(c) Edward III.
8. What announcement has Spencer Junior recently made in Scene 3?
(a) A reward for Mortimer's capture.
(b) An amnesty for lords who took up arms and retreated.
(c) A festival to be held in Edward's honor.
(d) A general curfew for the northern towns.
9. In what Italian town did Lightborn learn his deadly craft?
10. What does the Mower request in the last moment of the scene?
11. According to Arundel's story in Scene 1, how did Warwick kill Gaveston?
(a) He ran hom through with his sword.
(b) He hanged him.
(c) He made him drink poison.
(d) He beheaded him.
12. What does Edward expect the next news he receives to be?
(a) Mortimer is made King.
(b) He must die.
(c) Kent has been executed.
(d) His son is in the Tower.
13. Of what is the abbot assuring Edward at the beginning of the scene?
(a) He will soon regain his throne.
(b) He will not admit any of Edward's enemies.
(c) God protects the righteous.
(d) Edward is the rghtful heir to the throne of England.
14. On the field of battle in Scene 2, what does Lancaster tell Edward his flatterers will do?
(a) Weaken him.
(b) Betray him.
(c) Become dependant on him.
(d) Use him.
15. The Mayor of which city arrives in Scene 5 to present Spencer Senior to Isabella?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Edward want to accompany Isabella on her journey to France?
2. What employment does Mortimer give Rice Ap Howell at the end of Scene 5?
3. What word does Kent protest that he will not use to address Edward II?
4. Whose company do the nobles demand that Edward forsake through the Herald in Scene 1?
5. As he is taken captive, where does Kent protest the court is?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)