|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shocks Edward as he wears the crown and shouts orders at Winchester and Leicester in Scene 1?
(a) The crown no longer fits.
(b) His voice continually breaks.
(c) They do not tremble.
(d) The nobles weep.
2. What does the Mower request in the last moment of the scene?
3. How does Leicester recommend Edward view Killingworth Castle at the beginning of the scene?
(a) As a ship.
(b) As a court.
(c) As heaven.
(d) As his royal bed chamber.
4. Which king does Warwick promise Gaveston will soon meet before killing him?
(a) King Edward II.
(b) King Edward I.
(c) The King of Heaven.
(d) The King of Worms.
5. In what Italian town did Lightborn learn his deadly craft?
6. For what destination are the King and his remaining counselors bound according to Rice Ap Howell?
7. In whose name does Leicester arrest Baldock and Spencer Junior?
(c) Edward III.
8. What does Edward II intend to do as his armies are being defeated?
(a) Surrender to Isabella and Mortimer.
(b) Go into hiding in Wales.
(c) Fly to Ireland.
(d) Stay and die in the field.
9. What word does Kent protest that he will not use to address Edward II?
10. As he is taken captive, where does Kent protest the court is?
(c) Where the King is.
(d) Where Isabella is.
11. What does Edward expect the next news he receives to be?
(a) His son is in the Tower.
(b) Mortimer is made King.
(c) Kent has been executed.
(d) He must die.
12. Why have Edward and his peers not arrived in Ireland?
(a) Their ship was maliciously sunk.
(b) The lords of Ireland refused to accept them.
(c) A tempest forced them back.
(d) Edward refused to leave the island.
13. Who swears to protect Edward III at the end of Scene 4?
(c) His Champion.
(d) Mortimer Junior.
14. What is the function of the room in Killingworth where Edward II is kept in Scene 5?
(a) A sewer.
(b) A banquet hall.
(c) A stable.
(d) A chapel.
15. Which of the following groups of soldiers is not mentioned to be in Spencer Senior's retinue?
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom is the letter that Edward receives in Scene 3?
2. Which noble does Edward consign to the Tower in Scene 3?
3. Why does Isabella state she feels some sadness after the battle?
4. Which of the following promises is not one that Sir John makes to Kent and Mortimer in Scene 2?
5. Into what does Edward will heaven turn his crown before he give it to Mortimer?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)