|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mortimer order to draft a letter transferring Edward's custody?
2. Into what does Edward will heaven turn his crown before he give it to Mortimer?
(a) A sword.
(c) A jester's cap.
3. Whose company do the nobles demand that Edward forsake through the Herald in Scene 1?
(a) Spencer Junior.
(b) Spencer Senior.
4. What does Edward give Lightborn before he is murdered?
(a) A letter.
(b) A jewel.
(c) A kiss.
(d) His robe.
5. Whose entreaty finally convinces Edward to relinquish his crown?
(c) Edward III.
6. What decision does Mortimer make regarding Berkeley after word of the deposed king's transport is brought in Scene 2?
(a) Berkeley deserved additional titles for his service.
(b) Berkeley should be executed.
(c) Berkeley should carry out Edward's execution.
(d) Berkeley should be relieved of the king.
7. What does Isabella forbid Kent from doing in Scene 2?
(a) Returning to France.
(b) Leaving the Tower.
(c) Becoming the Prince's Protector.
(d) Seeing Edward.
8. In Scene 3, what does Edward suggest Matrevis and Gurney give to Isabella and Mortimer?
(a) His head.
(b) His heart.
(c) His sword.
(d) His royal crest.
9. According to Arundel's story in Scene 1, how did Warwick kill Gaveston?
(a) He hanged him.
(b) He ran hom through with his sword.
(c) He made him drink poison.
(d) He beheaded him.
10. Which of Edwards warders is ordered to give up custody of the deposed king at the end of Scene 1?
11. Which king does Warwick promise Gaveston will soon meet before killing him?
(a) King Edward I.
(b) The King of Worms.
(c) The King of Heaven.
(d) King Edward II.
12. Mortimer has arranged a horse for Lightborn at points how many miles apart?
13. What order does Mortimer Junior give Gurney regarding Edward II?
(a) See he is not harmed.
(b) Treat him harshly.
(c) Do not tell him Mortimer is delivering orders.
(d) Murder him.
14. What shocks Edward as he wears the crown and shouts orders at Winchester and Leicester in Scene 1?
(a) They do not tremble.
(b) His voice continually breaks.
(c) The crown no longer fits.
(d) The nobles weep.
15. What employment does Mortimer give Rice Ap Howell at the end of Scene 5?
(a) Readying the castle for Isabella's arrival.
(b) Spying on Kent.
(c) Beheading Spencer Senior.
(d) Pursuing Edward.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time of day does Mortimer want the deposed king transferred from place to place?
2. Why have Edward and his peers not arrived in Ireland?
3. At the beginning of the scene, where does Spencer suggest the King fly?
4. Who swears to protect Edward III at the end of Scene 4?
5. Why does Mortimer interrupt Isabella in Scene 4?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)