|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Edward say he will complain of the malefactions of Mortimer and Isabella?
(a) To his dead servants.
(b) To the gods.
(c) To France.
(d) To the legions of hell.
2. What does Edward II intend to do as his armies are being defeated?
(a) Stay and die in the field.
(b) Fly to Ireland.
(c) Go into hiding in Wales.
(d) Surrender to Isabella and Mortimer.
3. What announcement has Spencer Junior recently made in Scene 3?
(a) A reward for Mortimer's capture.
(b) A festival to be held in Edward's honor.
(c) An amnesty for lords who took up arms and retreated.
(d) A general curfew for the northern towns.
4. Who swears to protect Edward III at the end of Scene 4?
(a) His Champion.
(d) Mortimer Junior.
5. In Scene 6, what name does Edward refuse to hear spoken?
6. Which of the following groups of soldiers is not mentioned to be in Spencer Senior's retinue?
7. According to Matrevis in the beginning of Scene 3, men are meant to live in what?
(d) The light.
8. In Act 3, Scene 1, what does Spencer Junior recommend Edward do with the rebellious nobles?
(a) Banish them.
(b) Make peace with them.
(c) Behead them.
(d) Buy them off.
9. Who does Isabella credit with winning battle when she enters in Scene 5?
(a) The French troops.
10. Why have Edward and his peers not arrived in Ireland?
(a) Their ship was maliciously sunk.
(b) The lords of Ireland refused to accept them.
(c) Edward refused to leave the island.
(d) A tempest forced them back.
11. What does Edward protest she should be given instead of a litter?
(a) A chariot.
(b) A boat.
(c) A hearse.
(d) A horse.
12. Which of Edwards warders is ordered to give up custody of the deposed king at the end of Scene 1?
13. What employment does Mortimer give Rice Ap Howell at the end of Scene 5?
(a) Readying the castle for Isabella's arrival.
(b) Beheading Spencer Senior.
(c) Spying on Kent.
(d) Pursuing Edward.
14. For what destination are the King and his remaining counselors bound according to Rice Ap Howell?
15. Which of the following items is not one that Lightborn requires of Matrevis and Gurney?
(b) A bed.
(c) A spit.
(d) A table.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 1, what position does Edward beg his captors not to allow Mortimer Junior to hold?
2. What does Edward offer to Leicester in place of Baldock and Spencer Junior?
3. In what Italian town did Lightborn learn his deadly craft?
4. What shocks Edward as he wears the crown and shouts orders at Winchester and Leicester in Scene 1?
5. Which of the following allies does Mortimer intend to have killed after Edward II is dead?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)