|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What employment does Mortimer give Rice Ap Howell at the end of Scene 5?
(a) Pursuing Edward.
(b) Spying on Kent.
(c) Readying the castle for Isabella's arrival.
(d) Beheading Spencer Senior.
2. In whose name does Leicester arrest Baldock and Spencer Junior?
(c) Edward III.
3. Which of the following allies does Mortimer intend to have killed after Edward II is dead?
4. From whom is the letter that Edward receives in Scene 3?
(b) Mortimer Junior.
5. From whom does Lightborn say he was sent when he greets Edward II?
(d) Mortimer Junior.
6. Why does Isabella state she feels some sadness after the battle?
(a) She bemoans England's woes.
(b) She grieves Edward's misfortune.
(c) She fears Kent's possible betrayal.
(d) She cannot stand the carnage.
7. To what animal does Edward compare himself in his response to Leicester's kind words?
(a) A serpent.
(b) A hare.
(c) A lion.
(d) A deer.
8. On the field of battle in Scene 2, what does Lancaster tell Edward his flatterers will do?
(a) Become dependant on him.
(b) Use him.
(c) Betray him.
(d) Weaken him.
9. In Scene 3, what does Edward suggest Matrevis and Gurney give to Isabella and Mortimer?
(a) His royal crest.
(b) His sword.
(c) His head.
(d) His heart.
10. Which noble does Edward immediately banish from his presence in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) Mortimer Junior.
11. Which of the following promises is not one that Sir John makes to Kent and Mortimer in Scene 2?
12. What shocks Edward as he wears the crown and shouts orders at Winchester and Leicester in Scene 1?
(a) The crown no longer fits.
(b) His voice continually breaks.
(c) The nobles weep.
(d) They do not tremble.
13. What disaster does Mortimer wish befalls the King in his passage?
(c) Still wind.
14. In Scene 6, what name does Edward refuse to hear spoken?
15. What does the Mower request in the last moment of the scene?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Earl of Kent refer to his brother Edward in Scene 1?
2. Whose presence in the approaching army grieved Edward in Scene 3?
3. In what Italian town did Lightborn learn his deadly craft?
4. What does Edward protest she should be given instead of a litter?
5. What offer does John of Hainault make Isabella and Edward III in Scene 2?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)