Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mortimer order to draft a letter transferring Edward's custody?
2. In his long speech regarding relinquishing his crown, how long does Edward beg Leicester and Winchester allow him to remain king?
(a) Until night.
(b) Until Easter.
(c) For all eternity.
(d) Until his death.
3. At the closing of Edward's revenge pledge in Scene 1, whom does he adopt and bestow titles?
(b) Spencer Junior.
(c) Spencer Senior.
4. What offer does John of Hainault make Isabella and Edward III in Scene 2?
(a) His purse for their general comfort.
(b) A ship back to England.
(c) A retinue of armed men.
(d) Shelter in France.
5. What does Spencer Junior state wills his and Baldock's arrest?
(b) Mortimer's faction.
(c) The devil.
6. As he is taken captive, where does Kent protest the court is?
(c) Where Isabella is.
(d) Where the King is.
7. According to Baldock at the end of Scene 6, why do all men live?
(a) To die.
(b) To suffer.
(c) To strive.
(d) To be glad.
8. Who is the "gloomy fellow" Spencer mentions in Scene 5 (IV.vi.29)?
(a) The Mower.
(b) The Abbot.
(d) Rice Ap Howell.
9. The Mayor of which city arrives in Scene 5 to present Spencer Senior to Isabella?
10. In the beginning of Act 5, which of Edward's possessions does he claim Mortimer defiles?
(a) His throne.
(b) His bed.
(c) His crown.
(d) His standard.
11. Which of the following items is not one that Lightborn requires of Matrevis and Gurney?
(a) A spit.
(b) A bed.
(d) A table.
12. Which of the following promises is not one that Sir John makes to Kent and Mortimer in Scene 2?
13. How many different ways can Mortimer's Latin death order be read?
14. According to Isabella in Scene 4, whose country's men are not able to stay in England and fight Edward?
15. To what town is Edward bound with Leicester at the end of the scene?
Short Answer Questions
1. In relinquishing his crown, what action does Edward refuse to take?
2. What does Isabella forbid Kent from doing in Scene 2?
3. Which of the following groups of soldiers is not mentioned to be in Spencer Senior's retinue?
4. Which nobles' deaths does Mortimer confirm in his report to Isabella in Scene 2?
5. What lie does Isabella instruct Matrevis to deliver to Edward?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)