|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Into what does Edward will heaven turn his crown before he give it to Mortimer?
(a) A sword.
(b) A jester's cap.
2. In Edward's pained lamenting in Scene 3, who among his executed friends does he not mention?
(b) Spencer Junior.
(d) Spencer Senior.
3. What do Matrevis and Gurney use to wash Edward's face in Scene 3?
(b) A puddle.
(c) Edward's own blood.
(d) Their spittle.
4. Who swears to protect Edward III at the end of Scene 4?
(b) Mortimer Junior.
(d) His Champion.
5. At the closing of Edward's revenge pledge in Scene 1, whom does he adopt and bestow titles?
(c) Spencer Senior.
(d) Spencer Junior.
6. What offer does John of Hainault make Isabella and Edward III in Scene 2?
(a) A ship back to England.
(b) Shelter in France.
(c) A retinue of armed men.
(d) His purse for their general comfort.
7. How many days has Edward been in his dungeon when Lightborn arrives?
8. What does Edward III want to do at the beginning of Scene 2?
(a) Entreat Valois for help.
(b) Build a manor in Normandy.
(c) Return to England.
(d) Raise an army in France.
9. Where does Kent intend to travel in Scene 1?
10. In his long speech regarding relinquishing his crown, how long does Edward beg Leicester and Winchester allow him to remain king?
(a) Until Easter.
(b) For all eternity.
(c) Until his death.
(d) Until night.
11. Which of the following allies does Mortimer intend to have killed after Edward II is dead?
12. What does Edward protest she should be given instead of a litter?
(a) A boat.
(b) A chariot.
(c) A horse.
(d) A hearse.
13. Of what is the abbot assuring Edward at the beginning of the scene?
(a) He will not admit any of Edward's enemies.
(b) God protects the righteous.
(c) He will soon regain his throne.
(d) Edward is the rghtful heir to the throne of England.
14. Which of the following groups of soldiers is not mentioned to be in Spencer Senior's retinue?
15. Which of Edwards warders is ordered to give up custody of the deposed king at the end of Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edward give Lightborn before he is murdered?
2. Which nobles' deaths does Mortimer confirm in his report to Isabella in Scene 2?
3. What does Spencer Junior state wills his and Baldock's arrest?
4. As he is taken captive, where does Kent protest the court is?
5. According to Isabella in Scene 4, whose country's men are not able to stay in England and fight Edward?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)