|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does Lightborn say he was sent when he greets Edward II?
(a) Mortimer Junior.
2. What does Spencer Junior state wills his and Baldock's arrest?
(a) The devil.
(b) Mortimer's faction.
3. In Scene 1, what position does Edward beg his captors not to allow Mortimer Junior to hold?
(a) Lord Chamberlain.
(b) Husband to his widowed Queen.
(c) Protector of Edward III.
(d) King of England.
4. How does Lightborn die at the end of Scene 5?
(a) Gurney kills him.
(b) Matrevis kills him.
(c) He kills himself.
(d) He drowns.
5. In what Italian town did Lightborn learn his deadly craft?
6. In Edward's pained lamenting in Scene 3, who among his executed friends does he not mention?
(b) Spencer Senior.
(d) Spencer Junior.
7. How does the Earl of Kent refer to his brother Edward in Scene 1?
(a) A fool.
(b) A butcher.
(c) A ghost.
(d) A despot.
8. Why does Isabella state she feels some sadness after the battle?
(a) She cannot stand the carnage.
(b) She grieves Edward's misfortune.
(c) She fears Kent's possible betrayal.
(d) She bemoans England's woes.
9. On the field of battle in Scene 2, what does Lancaster tell Edward his flatterers will do?
(a) Use him.
(b) Weaken him.
(c) Become dependant on him.
(d) Betray him.
10. Who does Isabella credit with winning battle when she enters in Scene 5?
(c) The French troops.
11. What does Edward expect the next news he receives to be?
(a) His son is in the Tower.
(b) He must die.
(c) Kent has been executed.
(d) Mortimer is made King.
12. Who swears to protect Edward III at the end of Scene 4?
(a) Mortimer Junior.
(b) His Champion.
13. What does the Mower request in the last moment of the scene?
14. To what country does Spencer Junior order Levune to deliver large stores of English gold in Scene 3?
15. Which king does Warwick promise Gaveston will soon meet before killing him?
(a) King Edward I.
(b) The King of Heaven.
(c) King Edward II.
(d) The King of Worms.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Arundel's story in Scene 1, how did Warwick kill Gaveston?
2. Why does Mortimer interrupt Isabella in Scene 4?
3. What disaster does Mortimer wish befalls the King in his passage?
4. Who tries to stop Mortimer from having Kent executed in Scene 4?
5. Which nobles' deaths does Mortimer confirm in his report to Isabella in Scene 2?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)