|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why have Edward and his peers not arrived in Ireland?
(a) Edward refused to leave the island.
(b) The lords of Ireland refused to accept them.
(c) A tempest forced them back.
(d) Their ship was maliciously sunk.
2. Which of Edwards warders is ordered to give up custody of the deposed king at the end of Scene 1?
3. At what time of day does Mortimer want the deposed king transferred from place to place?
(a) At midday.
(b) At dawn.
(c) At night.
(d) At dusk.
4. What action is Kent doing upon entering in Scene 2 that makes Mortimer and Isabella nervous?
(a) Affixing a dagger to his belt.
(b) Whispering in the Prince's ear.
(c) Carrying the Prince on his shoulders.
(d) Saluting Mortimer as if he were King.
5. Into what does Edward will heaven turn his crown before he give it to Mortimer?
(b) A jester's cap.
(c) A sword.
6. From whom does Lightborn say he was sent when he greets Edward II?
(d) Mortimer Junior.
7. In his long speech regarding relinquishing his crown, how long does Edward beg Leicester and Winchester allow him to remain king?
(a) Until his death.
(b) Until night.
(c) For all eternity.
(d) Until Easter.
8. What announcement has Spencer Junior recently made in Scene 3?
(a) A general curfew for the northern towns.
(b) An amnesty for lords who took up arms and retreated.
(c) A festival to be held in Edward's honor.
(d) A reward for Mortimer's capture.
9. What does Edward give Lightborn before he is murdered?
(a) His robe.
(b) A letter.
(c) A jewel.
(d) A kiss.
10. At the closing of Edward's revenge pledge in Scene 1, whom does he adopt and bestow titles?
(b) Spencer Senior.
(c) Spencer Junior.
11. Of what is the abbot assuring Edward at the beginning of the scene?
(a) God protects the righteous.
(b) He will not admit any of Edward's enemies.
(c) He will soon regain his throne.
(d) Edward is the rghtful heir to the throne of England.
12. What do Matrevis and Gurney use to wash Edward's face in Scene 3?
(a) Their spittle.
(b) A puddle.
(d) Edward's own blood.
13. What word does Kent protest that he will not use to address Edward II?
14. What does Edward II intend to do as his armies are being defeated?
(a) Stay and die in the field.
(b) Surrender to Isabella and Mortimer.
(c) Fly to Ireland.
(d) Go into hiding in Wales.
15. In Scene 6, what name does Edward refuse to hear spoken?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kent intend to travel in Scene 1?
2. What does Edward III want to do at the beginning of Scene 2?
3. What does Edward protest she should be given instead of a litter?
4. Which of the following items is not one that Lightborn requires of Matrevis and Gurney?
5. Who does Isabella credit with winning battle when she enters in Scene 5?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)