|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decision does Mortimer make regarding Berkeley after word of the deposed king's transport is brought in Scene 2?
(a) Berkeley should be relieved of the king.
(b) Berkeley should carry out Edward's execution.
(c) Berkeley should be executed.
(d) Berkeley deserved additional titles for his service.
2. In relinquishing his crown, what action does Edward refuse to take?
(a) Saying the words.
(c) Handing it to Winchester.
3. What does Edward II intend to do as his armies are being defeated?
(a) Fly to Ireland.
(b) Stay and die in the field.
(c) Go into hiding in Wales.
(d) Surrender to Isabella and Mortimer.
4. What do Matrevis and Gurney use to wash Edward's face in Scene 3?
(b) A puddle.
(c) Their spittle.
(d) Edward's own blood.
5. In Scene 1, what position does Edward beg his captors not to allow Mortimer Junior to hold?
(a) Lord Chamberlain.
(b) Husband to his widowed Queen.
(c) King of England.
(d) Protector of Edward III.
6. To what town is Edward bound with Leicester at the end of the scene?
7. In the beginning of Act 5, which of Edward's possessions does he claim Mortimer defiles?
(a) His bed.
(b) His crown.
(c) His throne.
(d) His standard.
8. How does the Earl of Kent refer to his brother Edward in Scene 1?
(a) A despot.
(b) A fool.
(c) A butcher.
(d) A ghost.
9. Of what is the abbot assuring Edward at the beginning of the scene?
(a) He will not admit any of Edward's enemies.
(b) He will soon regain his throne.
(c) Edward is the rghtful heir to the throne of England.
(d) God protects the righteous.
10. At the beginning of the scene, for what the only thing that Edward longs?
11. Where does Kent intend to travel in Scene 1?
12. How many days has Edward been in his dungeon when Lightborn arrives?
13. What shocks Edward as he wears the crown and shouts orders at Winchester and Leicester in Scene 1?
(a) The crown no longer fits.
(b) The nobles weep.
(c) His voice continually breaks.
(d) They do not tremble.
14. At the beginning of the scene, where does Spencer suggest the King fly?
15. What order does Mortimer Junior give Gurney regarding Edward II?
(a) Murder him.
(b) See he is not harmed.
(c) Treat him harshly.
(d) Do not tell him Mortimer is delivering orders.
Short Answer Questions
1. Into what does Edward will heaven turn his crown before he give it to Mortimer?
2. What does Isabella forbid Kent from doing in Scene 2?
3. Which nobles' deaths does Mortimer confirm in his report to Isabella in Scene 2?
4. On the field of battle in Scene 2, what does Lancaster tell Edward his flatterers will do?
5. Which of Edwards warders is ordered to give up custody of the deposed king at the end of Scene 1?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)