|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shocks Edward as he wears the crown and shouts orders at Winchester and Leicester in Scene 1?
(a) The crown no longer fits.
(b) His voice continually breaks.
(c) They do not tremble.
(d) The nobles weep.
2. At the beginning of the scene, for what the only thing that Edward longs?
3. Which noble does Edward consign to the Tower in Scene 3?
(a) Mortimer Junior.
4. What does Edward give Lightborn before he is murdered?
(a) A jewel.
(b) A letter.
(c) His robe.
(d) A kiss.
5. The Mayor of which city arrives in Scene 5 to present Spencer Senior to Isabella?
6. Which of the following groups of soldiers is not mentioned to be in Spencer Senior's retinue?
7. According to Matrevis in the beginning of Scene 3, men are meant to live in what?
(d) The light.
8. What does Edward offer to Leicester in place of Baldock and Spencer Junior?
(a) His heart.
(b) His crown.
(c) His soul.
(d) His purse.
9. In Act 3, Scene 1, what does Spencer Junior recommend Edward do with the rebellious nobles?
(a) Buy them off.
(b) Make peace with them.
(c) Banish them.
(d) Behead them.
10. According to Isabella in Scene 4, whose country's men are not able to stay in England and fight Edward?
11. What is the function of the room in Killingworth where Edward II is kept in Scene 5?
(a) A chapel.
(b) A banquet hall.
(c) A stable.
(d) A sewer.
12. In what Italian town did Lightborn learn his deadly craft?
13. To what country does Spencer Junior order Levune to deliver large stores of English gold in Scene 3?
14. Who is not with King Edward in Scene 5?
(b) Spencer Junior.
(c) Spencer Senior.
15. In Scene 3, what does Edward suggest Matrevis and Gurney give to Isabella and Mortimer?
(a) His sword.
(b) His royal crest.
(c) His heart.
(d) His head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the "gloomy fellow" Spencer mentions in Scene 5 (IV.vi.29)?
2. Why does Mortimer interrupt Isabella in Scene 4?
3. Whose company do the nobles demand that Edward forsake through the Herald in Scene 1?
4. What announcement has Spencer Junior recently made in Scene 3?
5. According to Baldock at the end of Scene 6, why do all men live?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)