|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following groups of soldiers is not mentioned to be in Spencer Senior's retinue?
2. Where does Kent intend to travel in Scene 1?
3. In Scene 1, what position does Edward beg his captors not to allow Mortimer Junior to hold?
(a) Lord Chamberlain.
(b) King of England.
(c) Protector of Edward III.
(d) Husband to his widowed Queen.
4. What does Edward expect the next news he receives to be?
(a) Mortimer is made King.
(b) His son is in the Tower.
(c) Kent has been executed.
(d) He must die.
5. With what natural image does Kent characterize the vengeance he must face for betraying his brother?
6. The Mayor of which city arrives in Scene 5 to present Spencer Senior to Isabella?
7. Which of the following allies does Mortimer intend to have killed after Edward II is dead?
8. As he is taken captive, where does Kent protest the court is?
(b) Where the King is.
(c) Where Isabella is.
9. What disaster does Mortimer wish befalls the King in his passage?
(d) Still wind.
10. Who swears to protect Edward III at the end of Scene 4?
(b) His Champion.
(c) Mortimer Junior.
11. What does Edward II intend to do as his armies are being defeated?
(a) Fly to Ireland.
(b) Go into hiding in Wales.
(c) Stay and die in the field.
(d) Surrender to Isabella and Mortimer.
12. According to Isabella in Scene 4, whose country's men are not able to stay in England and fight Edward?
13. What offer does John of Hainault make Isabella and Edward III in Scene 2?
(a) A retinue of armed men.
(b) A ship back to England.
(c) Shelter in France.
(d) His purse for their general comfort.
14. What is the function of the room in Killingworth where Edward II is kept in Scene 5?
(a) A chapel.
(b) A banquet hall.
(c) A stable.
(d) A sewer.
15. Which of Edwards warders is ordered to give up custody of the deposed king at the end of Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leicester recommend Edward view Killingworth Castle at the beginning of the scene?
2. Who tries to stop Mortimer from having Kent executed in Scene 4?
3. Why have Edward and his peers not arrived in Ireland?
4. What does Edward III want to do at the beginning of Scene 2?
5. Which noble does Edward immediately banish from his presence in the beginning of Scene 3?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)