|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose presence in the approaching army grieved Edward in Scene 3?
(a) Edward III.
(b) Sir John of Hainault.
2. Why does Isabella state she feels some sadness after the battle?
(a) She fears Kent's possible betrayal.
(b) She bemoans England's woes.
(c) She grieves Edward's misfortune.
(d) She cannot stand the carnage.
3. How does Leicester recommend Edward view Killingworth Castle at the beginning of the scene?
(a) As a court.
(b) As a ship.
(c) As heaven.
(d) As his royal bed chamber.
4. What does Edward II intend to do as his armies are being defeated?
(a) Surrender to Isabella and Mortimer.
(b) Go into hiding in Wales.
(c) Stay and die in the field.
(d) Fly to Ireland.
5. From whom is the letter that Edward receives in Scene 3?
(c) Mortimer Junior.
6. According to Arundel's story in Scene 1, how did Warwick kill Gaveston?
(a) He made him drink poison.
(b) He hanged him.
(c) He ran hom through with his sword.
(d) He beheaded him.
7. For what destination are the King and his remaining counselors bound according to Rice Ap Howell?
8. Why have Edward and his peers not arrived in Ireland?
(a) Edward refused to leave the island.
(b) The lords of Ireland refused to accept them.
(c) A tempest forced them back.
(d) Their ship was maliciously sunk.
9. In Act 3, Scene 1, what does Spencer Junior recommend Edward do with the rebellious nobles?
(a) Behead them.
(b) Make peace with them.
(c) Banish them.
(d) Buy them off.
10. Whose company do the nobles demand that Edward forsake through the Herald in Scene 1?
(b) Spencer Junior.
(c) Spencer Senior.
11. Which of the following allies does Mortimer intend to have killed after Edward II is dead?
12. According to Matrevis in the beginning of Scene 3, men are meant to live in what?
(b) The light.
13. How many days has Edward been in his dungeon when Lightborn arrives?
14. In relinquishing his crown, what action does Edward refuse to take?
(a) Saying the words.
(b) Handing it to Winchester.
15. In Scene 6, what name does Edward refuse to hear spoken?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which noble does Edward consign to the Tower in Scene 3?
2. What disaster does Mortimer wish befalls the King in his passage?
3. Whose entreaty finally convinces Edward to relinquish his crown?
4. Which king does Warwick promise Gaveston will soon meet before killing him?
5. In Scene 1, what position does Edward beg his captors not to allow Mortimer Junior to hold?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)