|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what country does Spencer Junior order Levune to deliver large stores of English gold in Scene 3?
2. What is Edward's mother's name?
3. The Mayor of which city arrives in Scene 5 to present Spencer Senior to Isabella?
4. Whose company do the nobles demand that Edward forsake through the Herald in Scene 1?
(c) Spencer Senior.
(d) Spencer Junior.
5. Whose entreaty finally convinces Edward to relinquish his crown?
(d) Edward III.
6. With what natural image does Kent characterize the vengeance he must face for betraying his brother?
7. In Scene 3, what does Edward suggest Matrevis and Gurney give to Isabella and Mortimer?
(a) His head.
(b) His sword.
(c) His heart.
(d) His royal crest.
8. From whom is the letter that Edward receives in Scene 3?
(c) Mortimer Junior.
9. Why does Isabella state she feels some sadness after the battle?
(a) She fears Kent's possible betrayal.
(b) She cannot stand the carnage.
(c) She bemoans England's woes.
(d) She grieves Edward's misfortune.
10. Who is the "gloomy fellow" Spencer mentions in Scene 5 (IV.vi.29)?
(a) The Mower.
(b) The Abbot.
(c) Rice Ap Howell.
11. Which of the following promises is not one that Sir John makes to Kent and Mortimer in Scene 2?
12. To whom does Edward say he will complain of the malefactions of Mortimer and Isabella?
(a) To the gods.
(b) To the legions of hell.
(c) To his dead servants.
(d) To France.
13. What offer does John of Hainault make Isabella and Edward III in Scene 2?
(a) Shelter in France.
(b) A retinue of armed men.
(c) A ship back to England.
(d) His purse for their general comfort.
14. What shocks Edward as he wears the crown and shouts orders at Winchester and Leicester in Scene 1?
(a) The crown no longer fits.
(b) The nobles weep.
(c) His voice continually breaks.
(d) They do not tremble.
15. In whose name does Leicester arrest Baldock and Spencer Junior?
(b) Edward III.
Short Answer Questions
1. In relinquishing his crown, what action does Edward refuse to take?
2. In Act 3, Scene 1, what does Spencer Junior recommend Edward do with the rebellious nobles?
3. Which of the following allies does Mortimer intend to have killed after Edward II is dead?
4. Whose presence in the approaching army grieved Edward in Scene 3?
5. Why does Mortimer interrupt Isabella in Scene 4?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)