|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edward expect the next news he receives to be?
(a) Kent has been executed.
(b) His son is in the Tower.
(c) He must die.
(d) Mortimer is made King.
2. According to Arundel's story in Scene 1, how did Warwick kill Gaveston?
(a) He hanged him.
(b) He beheaded him.
(c) He made him drink poison.
(d) He ran hom through with his sword.
3. In Mortimer's soliloquy in Scene 4, who does he say commands him?
(a) The devil.
(b) Edward III.
(c) No one.
4. At the closing of Edward's revenge pledge in Scene 1, whom does he adopt and bestow titles?
(a) Spencer Senior.
(d) Spencer Junior.
5. What is Edward's mother's name?
6. What announcement has Spencer Junior recently made in Scene 3?
(a) An amnesty for lords who took up arms and retreated.
(b) A general curfew for the northern towns.
(c) A reward for Mortimer's capture.
(d) A festival to be held in Edward's honor.
7. What does Edward II intend to do as his armies are being defeated?
(a) Fly to Ireland.
(b) Surrender to Isabella and Mortimer.
(c) Stay and die in the field.
(d) Go into hiding in Wales.
8. Which of the following allies does Mortimer intend to have killed after Edward II is dead?
9. Which of the following items is not one that Lightborn requires of Matrevis and Gurney?
(a) A bed.
(b) A spit.
(d) A table.
10. Which nobles' deaths does Mortimer confirm in his report to Isabella in Scene 2?
(a) Warwick and Lancaster.
(b) Mortimer Senior and Pembroke.
(c) Lancaster and Mortimer Senior.
(d) Pembroke and Canterbury.
11. Which of the following groups of soldiers is not mentioned to be in Spencer Senior's retinue?
12. Which of the following promises is not one that Sir John makes to Kent and Mortimer in Scene 2?
13. Who tries to stop Mortimer from having Kent executed in Scene 4?
(c) Edward III.
14. What word does Kent protest that he will not use to address Edward II?
15. As he is taken captive, where does Kent protest the court is?
(b) Where the King is.
(d) Where Isabella is.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what country does Spencer Junior order Levune to deliver large stores of English gold in Scene 3?
2. Whose company do the nobles demand that Edward forsake through the Herald in Scene 1?
3. The Mayor of which city arrives in Scene 5 to present Spencer Senior to Isabella?
4. Why does Isabella state she feels some sadness after the battle?
5. With what natural image does Kent characterize the vengeance he must face for betraying his brother?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)