|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leicester recommend Edward view Killingworth Castle at the beginning of the scene?
(a) As his royal bed chamber.
(b) As a ship.
(c) As a court.
(d) As heaven.
2. With what natural image does Kent characterize the vengeance he must face for betraying his brother?
3. In Scene 1, what position does Edward beg his captors not to allow Mortimer Junior to hold?
(a) Protector of Edward III.
(b) Lord Chamberlain.
(c) King of England.
(d) Husband to his widowed Queen.
4. In whose name does Leicester arrest Baldock and Spencer Junior?
(b) Edward III.
5. As he is taken captive, where does Kent protest the court is?
(b) Where the King is.
(d) Where Isabella is.
6. Which of the following items is not one that Lightborn requires of Matrevis and Gurney?
(a) A bed.
(b) A spit.
(d) A table.
7. The Mayor of which city arrives in Scene 5 to present Spencer Senior to Isabella?
8. Whose presence in the approaching army grieved Edward in Scene 3?
(c) Sir John of Hainault.
(d) Edward III.
9. What does Edward give Lightborn before he is murdered?
(a) His robe.
(b) A jewel.
(c) A kiss.
(d) A letter.
10. What does Edward III want to do at the beginning of Scene 2?
(a) Build a manor in Normandy.
(b) Entreat Valois for help.
(c) Raise an army in France.
(d) Return to England.
11. What is Edward's mother's name?
12. In Mortimer's soliloquy in Scene 4, who does he say commands him?
(a) Edward III.
(b) The devil.
(d) No one.
13. In relinquishing his crown, what action does Edward refuse to take?
(a) Saying the words.
(b) Handing it to Winchester.
14. What does Edward II intend to do as his armies are being defeated?
(a) Fly to Ireland.
(b) Surrender to Isabella and Mortimer.
(c) Go into hiding in Wales.
(d) Stay and die in the field.
15. In Scene 3, what does Edward suggest Matrevis and Gurney give to Isabella and Mortimer?
(a) His royal crest.
(b) His heart.
(c) His sword.
(d) His head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Isabella state she feels some sadness after the battle?
2. At the beginning of the scene, for what the only thing that Edward longs?
3. What does Edward offer to Leicester in place of Baldock and Spencer Junior?
4. Who is the "gloomy fellow" Spencer mentions in Scene 5 (IV.vi.29)?
5. For what destination are the King and his remaining counselors bound according to Rice Ap Howell?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)