|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which noble does Edward consign to the Tower in Scene 3?
(b) Mortimer Junior.
2. Who is not with King Edward in Scene 5?
(b) Spencer Senior.
(d) Spencer Junior.
3. At the closing of Edward's revenge pledge in Scene 1, whom does he adopt and bestow titles?
(a) Spencer Junior.
(b) Spencer Senior.
4. How many different ways can Mortimer's Latin death order be read?
5. The Mayor of which city arrives in Scene 5 to present Spencer Senior to Isabella?
6. With what natural image does Kent characterize the vengeance he must face for betraying his brother?
7. How does Leicester recommend Edward view Killingworth Castle at the beginning of the scene?
(a) As a court.
(b) As a ship.
(c) As heaven.
(d) As his royal bed chamber.
8. In Scene 6, what name does Edward refuse to hear spoken?
9. What employment does Mortimer give Rice Ap Howell at the end of Scene 5?
(a) Beheading Spencer Senior.
(b) Pursuing Edward.
(c) Spying on Kent.
(d) Readying the castle for Isabella's arrival.
10. Which of the following promises is not one that Sir John makes to Kent and Mortimer in Scene 2?
11. Who does Isabella credit with winning battle when she enters in Scene 5?
(a) The French troops.
12. Into what does Edward will heaven turn his crown before he give it to Mortimer?
(a) A jester's cap.
(d) A sword.
13. What shocks Edward as he wears the crown and shouts orders at Winchester and Leicester in Scene 1?
(a) They do not tremble.
(b) The nobles weep.
(c) His voice continually breaks.
(d) The crown no longer fits.
14. How does the Earl of Kent refer to his brother Edward in Scene 1?
(a) A ghost.
(b) A despot.
(c) A butcher.
(d) A fool.
15. Why does Isabella state she feels some sadness after the battle?
(a) She bemoans England's woes.
(b) She fears Kent's possible betrayal.
(c) She cannot stand the carnage.
(d) She grieves Edward's misfortune.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edward III want to do at the beginning of Scene 2?
2. What is related on the paper that Spencer Junior reads at the beginning of Scene 3?
3. Which king does Warwick promise Gaveston will soon meet before killing him?
4. In Edward's pained lamenting in Scene 3, who among his executed friends does he not mention?
5. According to Arundel's story in Scene 1, how did Warwick kill Gaveston?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)