|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of the scene, for what the only thing that Edward longs?
2. Which of the following groups of soldiers is not mentioned to be in Spencer Senior's retinue?
3. What information about Isabella does Kent reveal in his soliloquy in Scene 5?
(a) She has died in the battle.
(b) She is in love with Mortimer.
(c) She detests her son by Edward.
(d) She intends to return to France for the remainder of her life.
4. Which of the following allies does Mortimer intend to have killed after Edward II is dead?
5. For what destination are the King and his remaining counselors bound according to Rice Ap Howell?
6. Of what is the abbot assuring Edward at the beginning of the scene?
(a) Edward is the rghtful heir to the throne of England.
(b) He will soon regain his throne.
(c) He will not admit any of Edward's enemies.
(d) God protects the righteous.
7. In the beginning of Act 5, which of Edward's possessions does he claim Mortimer defiles?
(a) His bed.
(b) His throne.
(c) His crown.
(d) His standard.
8. Which noble does Edward consign to the Tower in Scene 3?
(d) Mortimer Junior.
9. In Mortimer's soliloquy in Scene 4, who does he say commands him?
(a) Edward III.
(b) No one.
(c) The devil.
10. What is the function of the room in Killingworth where Edward II is kept in Scene 5?
(a) A stable.
(b) A sewer.
(c) A chapel.
(d) A banquet hall.
11. What employment does Mortimer give Rice Ap Howell at the end of Scene 5?
(a) Pursuing Edward.
(b) Readying the castle for Isabella's arrival.
(c) Beheading Spencer Senior.
(d) Spying on Kent.
12. Which of Edwards warders is ordered to give up custody of the deposed king at the end of Scene 1?
13. Which noble does Edward immediately banish from his presence in the beginning of Scene 3?
(b) Mortimer Junior.
14. How does Leicester recommend Edward view Killingworth Castle at the beginning of the scene?
(a) As a court.
(b) As a ship.
(c) As his royal bed chamber.
(d) As heaven.
15. What does Edward offer to Leicester in place of Baldock and Spencer Junior?
(a) His crown.
(b) His heart.
(c) His soul.
(d) His purse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many different ways can Mortimer's Latin death order be read?
2. Whose company do the nobles demand that Edward forsake through the Herald in Scene 1?
3. What does Edward II intend to do as his armies are being defeated?
4. In Act 3, Scene 1, what does Spencer Junior recommend Edward do with the rebellious nobles?
5. What announcement has Spencer Junior recently made in Scene 3?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)