|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom is the letter that Edward receives in Scene 3?
(b) Mortimer Junior.
2. What offer does John of Hainault make Isabella and Edward III in Scene 2?
(a) A ship back to England.
(b) A retinue of armed men.
(c) Shelter in France.
(d) His purse for their general comfort.
3. Whose entreaty finally convinces Edward to relinquish his crown?
(a) Edward III.
4. Who swears to protect Edward III at the end of Scene 4?
(b) Mortimer Junior.
(c) His Champion.
5. To what country does Spencer Junior order Levune to deliver large stores of English gold in Scene 3?
6. According to Arundel's story in Scene 1, how did Warwick kill Gaveston?
(a) He hanged him.
(b) He made him drink poison.
(c) He ran hom through with his sword.
(d) He beheaded him.
7. Which noble does Edward consign to the Tower in Scene 3?
(d) Mortimer Junior.
8. To whom does Edward say he will complain of the malefactions of Mortimer and Isabella?
(a) To his dead servants.
(b) To France.
(c) To the legions of hell.
(d) To the gods.
9. What does Edward II intend to do as his armies are being defeated?
(a) Go into hiding in Wales.
(b) Stay and die in the field.
(c) Fly to Ireland.
(d) Surrender to Isabella and Mortimer.
10. To what town is Edward bound with Leicester at the end of the scene?
11. Which of Edwards warders is ordered to give up custody of the deposed king at the end of Scene 1?
12. What does Edward offer to Leicester in place of Baldock and Spencer Junior?
(a) His soul.
(b) His heart.
(c) His crown.
(d) His purse.
13. According to Matrevis in the beginning of Scene 3, men are meant to live in what?
(c) The light.
14. Who does Isabella credit with winning battle when she enters in Scene 5?
(b) The French troops.
15. What disaster does Mortimer wish befalls the King in his passage?
(a) Still wind.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Edward's pained lamenting in Scene 3, who among his executed friends does he not mention?
2. Which nobles' deaths does Mortimer confirm in his report to Isabella in Scene 2?
3. Who is not with King Edward in Scene 5?
4. In his long speech regarding relinquishing his crown, how long does Edward beg Leicester and Winchester allow him to remain king?
5. Whose company do the nobles demand that Edward forsake through the Herald in Scene 1?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)