|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which noble does Edward consign to the Tower in Scene 3?
(c) Mortimer Junior.
2. To whom does Edward say he will complain of the malefactions of Mortimer and Isabella?
(a) To France.
(b) To the legions of hell.
(c) To his dead servants.
(d) To the gods.
3. The Mayor of which city arrives in Scene 5 to present Spencer Senior to Isabella?
4. Which of Edwards warders is ordered to give up custody of the deposed king at the end of Scene 1?
5. Why does Mortimer interrupt Isabella in Scene 4?
(a) He fears the army does not understand her meaning.
(b) Her speech is too passionate.
(c) He must profess his love for her.
(d) The battle must commence.
6. According to Baldock at the end of Scene 6, why do all men live?
(a) To be glad.
(b) To suffer.
(c) To strive.
(d) To die.
7. To what town is Edward bound with Leicester at the end of the scene?
8. Which nobles' deaths does Mortimer confirm in his report to Isabella in Scene 2?
(a) Pembroke and Canterbury.
(b) Lancaster and Mortimer Senior.
(c) Mortimer Senior and Pembroke.
(d) Warwick and Lancaster.
9. What does Spencer Junior state wills his and Baldock's arrest?
(a) The devil.
(c) Mortimer's faction.
10. What is related on the paper that Spencer Junior reads at the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) An inventory of lands that Edward has seized.
(b) The nobles that have been executed.
(c) The foreign powers that have lent men to Edward's campaign.
(d) The lords that are fled to France.
11. What offer does John of Hainault make Isabella and Edward III in Scene 2?
(a) His purse for their general comfort.
(b) Shelter in France.
(c) A retinue of armed men.
(d) A ship back to England.
12. What word does Kent protest that he will not use to address Edward II?
13. In Scene 6, what name does Edward refuse to hear spoken?
14. Who swears to protect Edward III at the end of Scene 4?
(b) His Champion.
(d) Mortimer Junior.
15. At the beginning of the scene, for what the only thing that Edward longs?
Short Answer Questions
1. What information about Isabella does Kent reveal in his soliloquy in Scene 5?
2. Who does Edward want to accompany Isabella on her journey to France?
3. What employment does Mortimer give Rice Ap Howell at the end of Scene 5?
4. Into what does Edward will heaven turn his crown before he give it to Mortimer?
5. What does the Mower request in the last moment of the scene?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)