|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first noble that Edward publicly forgives after Gaveston is repealed in Scene 4?
(c) Mortimer Senior.
2. To which of the following items does Mortimer compare the king in his jousting crest?
(a) A flying fish.
(b) A cedar tree.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A lion.
3. What does Mortimer Junior threaten to do if Gaveston return to England?
(a) Leave England.
(b) Refuse to fight for Edward.
(c) Kill Gaveston.
(d) Rise up in revolt.
4. What does Mortimer threaten Edward if he do not agree to Gaveston's exile?
(a) He will kill him.
(b) He will suspend duty to the throne.
(c) He will depose him.
(d) He will leave England.
5. What does Lancaster intend to do with the writ of banishment after Edward signs it?
(a) Deliver it to Gaveston personally.
(b) Publish it.
(c) Frame it.
(d) Burn it.
6. In Edward's soliloquy after the nobles leave in Scene 4, whom does he long to kill?
(b) Mortimer Junior.
(d) All nobles.
7. Where does Lady Margaret put the letter after she has read it in Scene 1?
(a) In her Bible.
(b) Against her breast.
(c) In the brook.
(d) In Spencer's hands.
8. With what title do Spencer and Margaret refer to Gaveston throughout Scene 1?
(a) Lord of Man
(b) Lord Chamberlain
(d) Royal Secretary
9. Where is the Bishop of Coventry at the beginning of Scene 2?
(a) In Rome.
(c) In the Tower.
(d) In France.
10. What does Edward protest he will use to sign the writ of banishment?
11. What are the nobles doing with the writ of exile at the beginning of Scene 4?
(a) Burning it.
(b) Drafting it.
(c) Signing it.
(d) Sealing it.
12. Which Lord does Spencer Junior specifically say does not want to serve?
13. To whom is the Bishop of Canterbury writing in Scene 2?
(a) King Edward.
(b) The King of France.
(c) The Pope.
(d) The Bishop of Coventry.
14. How does Mortimer Junior characterize Gaveston in Scene 4?
(a) A murderer.
(b) A thief.
(c) A whore.
(d) A pander.
15. Which of the following is net an earldom that Lancaster holds?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mortimer say Gaveston will be more fearful of the nobles on his return to England?
2. Which two nobles go to Newcastle to muster troops?
3. What part of Edward's body does he chastise Gaveston not to kiss?
4. To what mythical figure does Lancaster compare Gaveston in Scene 4?
5. Which Lord does Spencer Junior claim once much preferred him?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)