|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following nobles speaks in defense of Edward in Scene 1?
(b) Mortimer Senior.
2. What skill does the first poor man who approaches Gaveston for preferment possess?
3. Who exits with Gaveston guarded in Scene 4?
4. How does Mortimer Junior characterize Gaveston in Scene 4?
(a) A thief.
(b) A whore.
(c) A pander.
(d) A murderer.
5. What does Isabella resolve to do in Scene 2 rather than be the cause of unrest?
(a) Poison Gaveston in secret.
(b) Return to France.
(c) Live a melancholy life.
(d) Have an affair in secret.
6. Where is Lady Margaret ordered to go in her second letter?
(a) To Ireland.
(b) To court.
(c) To Parliament.
(d) To France.
7. Spencer and Baldock served what newly-deceased lord?
8. What does Isabella wish would happen to Gaveston at the end of Scene 3?
(a) He be returned to Ireland.
(b) He be shipwrecked.
(c) He he taken prisoner.
(d) He be slain.
9. Unto whom does Pembroke entrust Gaveston at the end of Scene 4?
(a) No one.
10. What does Edward protest he will use to sign the writ of banishment?
11. After Gaveston is carried off in Scene 4, what does Edward say stops his speech?
12. To whom is the Bishop of Canterbury writing in Scene 2?
(a) The King of France.
(b) King Edward.
(c) The Bishop of Coventry.
(d) The Pope.
13. How does Pembroke refer to Isabella when the nobles reenter in Scene 4?
(a) A weakling.
(b) A saint.
(c) A child.
(d) A harlot.
14. Which of the nobles wounds Gaveston in this scene?
(c) Mortimer Junior.
15. Against what enemy has the Third Poor Man fought?
(a) The Scots.
(b) The French.
(c) The Irish.
(d) The Spanish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Bishop of Coventry at the beginning of Scene 2?
2. What part of Edward's body does he chastise Gaveston not to kiss?
3. To what smith's implement does Edward compare his heart upon his return from seeing Gaveston off?
4. What does Mortimer Junior threaten to do if Gaveston return to England?
5. What does Mortimer threaten Edward if he do not agree to Gaveston's exile?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)