|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Scene 1, whom does Edward depose in vengeance of his part in Gaveston's exile?
(a) Mortimer Junior.
(b) The Earl of Lancaster.
(c) The Duke of Warwick.
(d) The Bishop of Coventry.
2. According to Lancaster in Scene 4, where is the only place that Gaveston is safe?
(a) At Edward's side.
(b) In Hell.
(c) In France.
(d) In the Tower.
3. According to Mortimer Junior, who is aiding the Scots?
(a) The Italians.
(b) The French.
(c) The Irish.
(d) The Welsh.
4. With what title do Spencer and Margaret refer to Gaveston throughout Scene 1?
(b) Royal Secretary
(c) Lord Chamberlain
(d) Lord of Man
5. What are the nobles doing with the writ of exile at the beginning of Scene 4?
(a) Signing it.
(b) Drafting it.
(c) Sealing it.
(d) Burning it.
6. Which of the nobles wounds Gaveston in this scene?
(d) Mortimer Junior.
7. What does Isabella decide to do when Mortimer Junior leaves in Scene 3?
(a) Go to King Edward.
(b) Return to France.
(c) Stay at a nearby castle.
(d) Go with Mortimer.
8. To what mythical figure does Lancaster compare Gaveston in Scene 4?
9. Where does Edward send Gaveston for banishment?
10. What does Edward protest he will use to sign the writ of banishment?
11. Who do Lancaster and Mortimer say no longer inhabits the court?
(c) Foriegn dignitaries.
12. How does Pembroke refer to Isabella when the nobles reenter in Scene 4?
(a) A harlot.
(b) A child.
(c) A weakling.
(d) A saint.
13. Where is the Bishop of Coventry at the beginning of Scene 2?
(b) In France.
(c) In the Tower.
(d) In Rome.
14. What noble rank has Gaveston been given by Scene 2?
15. Who is the first noble that Edward publicly forgives after Gaveston is repealed in Scene 4?
(c) Mortimer Senior.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following men is not a group that Gaveston announces he wants to keep about him and the king?
2. According to the nobles in seem to, how is Gaveston normally positioned with the King in court?
3. What does Mortimer threaten Edward if he do not agree to Gaveston's exile?
4. Which noble does Isabella enlist to be her advocate among the others in Scene 4?
5. Which of the following is net an earldom that Lancaster holds?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)