|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what relation are the two Mortimers?
(a) Senior is the father of Junior.
(b) Senior is uncle to Junior.
(c) They are not related.
(d) Senior is the older brother of Junior.
2. Who exits with Gaveston guarded in Scene 4?
3. What does Baldock protest he despises about the court?
4. What does Isabella wish would happen to Gaveston at the end of Scene 3?
(a) He be shipwrecked.
(b) He be slain.
(c) He be returned to Ireland.
(d) He he taken prisoner.
5. Who does Arundel promise as ransom for Gaveston's temporary reprieve in Scene 4?
(d) King Edward.
6. Who of Spencer's relations is Gaveston's lover?
(a) His nephew.
(b) His mother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His cousin.
7. What has Mortimer resolved to do to Gaveston by the end of Scene 2?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Challenge his advancement.
(c) Kidnap him.
(d) Exile him.
8. What event does Edward plan for Gaveston's return?
(a) A joust.
(b) A military display.
(c) A May fair.
(d) A masque.
9. What his happened to Mortimer Senior in Scotland?
(a) He has been slain.
(b) He has been taken prisoner.
(c) He has killed the Scottish commander.
(d) He has retreated fromt he field.
10. What does Lancaster intend to do with the writ of banishment after Edward signs it?
(a) Deliver it to Gaveston personally.
(b) Burn it.
(c) Publish it.
(d) Frame it.
11. When Isabella entreats Lancaster for Gaveston's return, what is the only situation that Lancaster says will bring Gaveston back?
(a) A new king's accession.
(b) A war.
(c) A miracle.
(d) A shipwreck.
12. Which of the following is net an earldom that Lancaster holds?
13. From whom is the letter that Lady Margaret carries with her in Scene 1?
14. Which Lord does Spencer Junior specifically say does not want to serve?
15. What land's ship do the nobles take to pursue Gaveston at the end of Scene 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Edward accuse Isabella of being too familiar?
2. From what does Isabella tell Moritmer are her hands sore in Scene 3?
3. According to Lancaster in Scene 4, where is the only place that Gaveston is safe?
4. What new honor does Edward give Mortimer Junior in thanks for Gaveston's return?
5. Where is Lady Margaret ordered to go in her second letter?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)