|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following nobles does not leave with King Edward in this scene?
2. Whom does Edward send to fight the rebellious Scots in this scene?
(b) Mortimer Senior.
3. To what mythical figure does Lancaster compare Gaveston in Scene 4?
4. Which of the following men is not a group that Gaveston announces he wants to keep about him and the king?
5. What skill does the first poor man who approaches Gaveston for preferment possess?
6. In Edward's soliloquy after the nobles leave in Scene 4, whom does he long to kill?
(b) All nobles.
(c) Mortimer Junior.
7. Who do Lancaster and Mortimer say no longer inhabits the court?
(c) Foriegn dignitaries.
8. What does Mortimer threaten Edward if he do not agree to Gaveston's exile?
(a) He will kill him.
(b) He will depose him.
(c) He will suspend duty to the throne.
(d) He will leave England.
9. From whom is the letter that Lady Margaret carries with her in Scene 1?
10. Which of the nobles wounds Gaveston in this scene?
(b) Mortimer Junior.
11. Which noble resolves to murder Gaveston personally on his way to see Edward?
(c) Mortimer Junior.
12. When Isabella entreats Lancaster for Gaveston's return, what is the only situation that Lancaster says will bring Gaveston back?
(a) A new king's accession.
(b) A war.
(c) A shipwreck.
(d) A miracle.
13. What does Warwick believe is the only mean the nobles have of challenging Gaveston?
(c) Collective bargaining.
14. What does Mortimer Junior threaten to do if Gaveston return to England?
(a) Rise up in revolt.
(b) Leave England.
(c) Kill Gaveston.
(d) Refuse to fight for Edward.
15. What does Isabella decide to do when Mortimer Junior leaves in Scene 3?
(a) Go with Mortimer.
(b) Go to King Edward.
(c) Return to France.
(d) Stay at a nearby castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What entreaty does Mortimer Junior make to Edward when they enter in Scene 1?
2. Who volunteers to shelter the nobles at the end of Scene 2?
3. What land's ship do the nobles take to pursue Gaveston at the end of Scene 3?
4. What present role does Spencer Junior tell Baldock her must cast off to come to court?
5. What event does Edward plan for Gaveston's return?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)