|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what smith's implement does Edward compare his heart upon his return from seeing Gaveston off?
(a) An anvil.
(b) A hammer.
(c) A fire pit.
(d) A clamp.
2. Over what two forms of execution do the nobles argue regarding Gaveston in Scene 4?
(a) Beheading and burning.
(b) Burning and quartering.
(c) Hanging and beheading.
(d) Quartering and hanging.
3. Why does Baldock exit in Scene 1?
(a) To draft a letter to Gaveston.
(b) To attend his Lord's funeral.
(c) To carouse in town.
(d) To call Lady Margaret's coach.
4. What skill does the first poor man who approaches Gaveston for preferment possess?
5. What noble rank has Gaveston been given by Scene 2?
6. According to Lancaster in Scene 4, where is the only place that Gaveston is safe?
(a) In Hell.
(b) In France.
(c) In the Tower.
(d) At Edward's side.
7. To whom is the Bishop of Canterbury writing in Scene 2?
(a) The Bishop of Coventry.
(b) The King of France.
(c) The Pope.
(d) King Edward.
8. With what does Edward threaten Mortimer Junior after the brawl of Scene 2?
(a) Banishment from the court.
(b) Imprisonment in the Tower.
(c) Drawing and quartering.
(d) Loss of his titles and land.
9. Which noble does Isabella enlist to be her advocate among the others in Scene 4?
(d) Mortimer Junior.
10. Who is the first noble that Edward publicly forgives after Gaveston is repealed in Scene 4?
(c) Mortimer Senior.
11. Where is Lady Margaret ordered to go in her second letter?
(a) To Parliament.
(b) To France.
(c) To Ireland.
(d) To court.
12. What covert act must a gentleman occasionally enact, according to Spencer Junior?
13. Which of the following nobles does not leave with King Edward in this scene?
14. Which Lord does Spencer Junior claim once much preferred him?
15. What does Mortimer Junior fear regarding Gaveston in Ireland?
(a) He will send assassin to England for them.
(b) He will build an army there.
(c) He will incite popular unrest.
(d) He will die of consumption.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Edward's body does he chastise Gaveston not to kiss?
2. Where is the Bishop of Coventry at the beginning of Scene 2?
3. Which of the following nobles speaks in defense of Edward in Scene 1?
4. Spencer and Baldock served what newly-deceased lord?
5. What does Edward protest he will use to sign the writ of banishment?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)