|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose death is announced in the first moment of the play?
(a) Edward I.
(b) Edward III.
(c) Edward II.
2. Unto whom does Pembroke entrust Gaveston at the end of Scene 4?
(c) No one.
3. Whom does Edward send to fight the rebellious Scots in this scene?
(d) Mortimer Senior.
4. From whom is the letter that Lady Margaret carries with her in Scene 1?
5. According to Mortimer Junior, who is aiding the Scots?
(a) The Italians.
(b) The Welsh.
(c) The Irish.
(d) The French.
6. Which of the following men is not a group that Gaveston announces he wants to keep about him and the king?
7. According to the nobles in seem to, how is Gaveston normally positioned with the King in court?
(a) Kneeling by his side.
(b) Lying on his lap.
(c) Seated at his left.
(d) Leaning on his shoulder.
8. Who do Lancaster and Mortimer say no longer inhabits the court?
(c) Foriegn dignitaries.
9. With whom does Edward accuse Isabella of being too familiar?
(c) Mortimer Junior.
10. Which noble resolves to murder Gaveston personally on his way to see Edward?
(a) Mortimer Junior.
11. What does Isabella wish would happen to Gaveston at the end of Scene 3?
(a) He be returned to Ireland.
(b) He be slain.
(c) He be shipwrecked.
(d) He he taken prisoner.
12. What does Edward swear to send Gaveston?
(a) Reports of his revenge.
(b) Letters of love.
(d) Fine clothes.
13. To whom is the Bishop of Canterbury writing in Scene 2?
(a) King Edward.
(b) The Pope.
(c) The King of France.
(d) The Bishop of Coventry.
14. With what does Edward threaten Mortimer Junior after the brawl of Scene 2?
(a) Drawing and quartering.
(b) Loss of his titles and land.
(c) Imprisonment in the Tower.
(d) Banishment from the court.
15. Why does Mortimer say Gaveston will be more fearful of the nobles on his return to England?
(a) He will be publicly shamed.
(b) He will feel immense gratitude toward them.
(c) He will fear violent reprisal from them.
(d) He will know they can banish him again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mortimer Junior threaten to do if Gaveston return to England?
2. Which noble does Isabella enlist to be her advocate among the others in Scene 4?
3. What skill does the first poor man who approaches Gaveston for preferment possess?
4. What does Edward protest he will use to sign the writ of banishment?
5. What noble rank has Gaveston been given by Scene 2?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)