|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which vice does Mortimer Junior say is the "venom" that Gaveston has brought to the realm (I.ii.31)?
(a) Luxurious indolence.
(b) Unnatural lust.
(c) Ambitious pride.
(d) Common scorn.
2. With what title do Spencer and Margaret refer to Gaveston throughout Scene 1?
(a) Lord Chamberlain
(b) Lord of Man
(d) Royal Secretary
3. Of what relation are the two Mortimers?
(a) They are not related.
(b) Senior is the older brother of Junior.
(c) Senior is the father of Junior.
(d) Senior is uncle to Junior.
4. When Isabella entreats Lancaster for Gaveston's return, what is the only situation that Lancaster says will bring Gaveston back?
(a) A war.
(b) A new king's accession.
(c) A shipwreck.
(d) A miracle.
5. What part of Edward's body does he chastise Gaveston not to kiss?
(a) His neck.
(b) His lips.
(c) His hand.
(d) His feet.
6. What does Baldock protest he despises about the court?
7. What does Isabella wish would happen to Gaveston at the end of Scene 3?
(a) He he taken prisoner.
(b) He be shipwrecked.
(c) He be returned to Ireland.
(d) He be slain.
8. Which of the nobles wounds Gaveston in this scene?
(c) Mortimer Junior.
9. What present role does Spencer Junior tell Baldock her must cast off to come to court?
10. Who finally promises to accompany Gaveston on his journey to Edward?
(b) Mortimer Junior.
11. Why does Baldock exit in Scene 1?
(a) To attend his Lord's funeral.
(b) To draft a letter to Gaveston.
(c) To carouse in town.
(d) To call Lady Margaret's coach.
12. With whom does Edward accuse Isabella of being too familiar?
(a) Mortimer Junior.
13. According to the nobles in seem to, how is Gaveston normally positioned with the King in court?
(a) Leaning on his shoulder.
(b) Seated at his left.
(c) Kneeling by his side.
(d) Lying on his lap.
14. At the beginning of the scene, Mortimer Junior brings news that what country is invading Normandy?
15. From whom is the letter that Lady Margaret carries with her in Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first noble that Edward publicly forgives after Gaveston is repealed in Scene 4?
2. What his happened to Mortimer Senior in Scotland?
3. Who does Arundel promise as ransom for Gaveston's temporary reprieve in Scene 4?
4. How does Pembroke refer to Isabella when the nobles reenter in Scene 4?
5. Where does Edward send Gaveston for banishment?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)