|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following nobles does not leave with King Edward in this scene?
2. What new honor does Edward give Mortimer Junior in thanks for Gaveston's return?
(a) Lord Chamberlain.
(b) Royal Secretary.
(c) Lord Marshall.
(d) Duke of Cornwall.
3. Who exits with Gaveston guarded in Scene 4?
4. What does Mortimer Junior fear regarding Gaveston in Ireland?
(a) He will incite popular unrest.
(b) He will send assassin to England for them.
(c) He will build an army there.
(d) He will die of consumption.
5. Which of the following is not a figure that Mortimer Senior cites in describing great men with obsessive companions?
6. What land's ship do the nobles take to pursue Gaveston at the end of Scene 3?
7. What does Mortimer threaten Edward if he do not agree to Gaveston's exile?
(a) He will leave England.
(b) He will kill him.
(c) He will suspend duty to the throne.
(d) He will depose him.
8. With what title do Spencer and Margaret refer to Gaveston throughout Scene 1?
(a) Royal Secretary
(b) Lord Chamberlain
(c) Lord of Man
9. Who is the first noble that Edward publicly forgives after Gaveston is repealed in Scene 4?
(a) Mortimer Senior.
10. Who does Arundel promise as ransom for Gaveston's temporary reprieve in Scene 4?
(a) King Edward.
11. Unto whom does Pembroke entrust Gaveston at the end of Scene 4?
(b) No one.
12. Which two nobles go to Newcastle to muster troops?
(a) Pembroke and Lancaster.
(b) Mortimer Junior and Warwick.
(c) Warwick and Pembroke.
(d) Lancaster and Mortimer Junior.
13. Who do Lancaster and Mortimer say no longer inhabits the court?
(c) Foriegn dignitaries.
14. With whom does Edward accuse Isabella of being too familiar?
(a) Mortimer Junior.
15. When Isabella entreats Lancaster for Gaveston's return, what is the only situation that Lancaster says will bring Gaveston back?
(a) A miracle.
(b) A shipwreck.
(c) A new king's accession.
(d) A war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following outrages is not one that his befallen the Bishop of Coventry?
2. Who of Spencer's relations is Gaveston's lover?
3. Why can Edward not commit Mortimer Junior to the Tower?
4. At the beginning of the scene, Mortimer Junior brings news that what country is invading Normandy?
5. Who volunteers to shelter the nobles at the end of Scene 2?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)