|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following men is not a group that Gaveston announces he wants to keep about him and the king?
2. What skill does the first poor man who approaches Gaveston for preferment possess?
3. Which noble resolves to murder Gaveston personally on his way to see Edward?
(d) Mortimer Junior.
4. Which of the following is net an earldom that Lancaster holds?
5. What does Mortimer threaten Edward if he do not agree to Gaveston's exile?
(a) He will suspend duty to the throne.
(b) He will depose him.
(c) He will leave England.
(d) He will kill him.
6. To whom is the Bishop of Canterbury writing in Scene 2?
(a) The King of France.
(b) The Pope.
(c) The Bishop of Coventry.
(d) King Edward.
7. How does Pembroke refer to Isabella when the nobles reenter in Scene 4?
(a) A weakling.
(b) A child.
(c) A harlot.
(d) A saint.
8. What event does Edward plan for Gaveston's return?
(a) A military display.
(b) A masque.
(c) A joust.
(d) A May fair.
9. Who does Arundel promise as ransom for Gaveston's temporary reprieve in Scene 4?
(b) King Edward.
10. To which of the following items does Mortimer compare the king in his jousting crest?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A flying fish.
(c) A cedar tree.
(d) A lion.
11. Where does Edward send Gaveston for banishment?
12. What does Isabella resolve to do in Scene 2 rather than be the cause of unrest?
(a) Live a melancholy life.
(b) Poison Gaveston in secret.
(c) Have an affair in secret.
(d) Return to France.
13. At the beginning of the scene, Mortimer Junior brings news that what country is invading Normandy?
14. What does Mortimer Junior fear regarding Gaveston in Ireland?
(a) He will send assassin to England for them.
(b) He will build an army there.
(c) He will incite popular unrest.
(d) He will die of consumption.
15. Where is Isabella headed when Mortimer halts her in Scene 2?
(c) Her stables.
(d) The forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finally promises to accompany Gaveston on his journey to Edward?
2. Which Lord does Spencer Junior claim once much preferred him?
3. What are the nobles doing with the writ of exile at the beginning of Scene 4?
4. What does Warwick believe is the only mean the nobles have of challenging Gaveston?
5. Whose death is announced in the first moment of the play?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)