|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Scene 1, whom does Edward depose in vengeance of his part in Gaveston's exile?
(a) The Earl of Lancaster.
(b) The Bishop of Coventry.
(c) The Duke of Warwick.
(d) Mortimer Junior.
2. To what bird does Edward compare the nobles after they exit in Scene 2?
3. What land's ship do the nobles take to pursue Gaveston at the end of Scene 3?
4. Which noble resolves to murder Gaveston personally on his way to see Edward?
(a) Mortimer Junior.
5. Where is the Bishop of Coventry at the beginning of Scene 2?
(a) In Rome.
(c) In France.
(d) In the Tower.
6. What has Mortimer resolved to do to Gaveston by the end of Scene 2?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Kidnap him.
(c) Challenge his advancement.
(d) Exile him.
7. Who volunteers to shelter the nobles at the end of Scene 2?
(a) The Bishop of Canterbury.
(b) The King of France.
8. At the beginning of Scene 3, how does Edward direct his and and Gaveston's departure?
(a) Gaveston by sea; Edward by land.
(b) Both by sea.
(c) Gaveston by land; Edward by sea.
(d) Both by land.
9. How does Mortimer Junior characterize Gaveston in Scene 4?
(a) A thief.
(b) A whore.
(c) A murderer.
(d) A pander.
10. Which of the following men is not a group that Gaveston announces he wants to keep about him and the king?
11. Who is updating Gaveston on recent events in Scene 3?
(c) Mortimer Junior.
12. Which of the following is net an earldom that Lancaster holds?
13. According to the nobles in seem to, how is Gaveston normally positioned with the King in court?
(a) Lying on his lap.
(b) Leaning on his shoulder.
(c) Seated at his left.
(d) Kneeling by his side.
14. What are the nobles doing with the writ of exile at the beginning of Scene 4?
(a) Sealing it.
(b) Drafting it.
(c) Signing it.
(d) Burning it.
15. From whom is the letter that Lady Margaret carries with her in Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Gaveston declare that he loves as he would Elysium?
2. How does Pembroke refer to Isabella when the nobles reenter in Scene 4?
3. What does Mortimer Junior fear regarding Gaveston in Ireland?
4. With what title do Spencer and Margaret refer to Gaveston throughout Scene 1?
5. What does Warwick believe is the only mean the nobles have of challenging Gaveston?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)