|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Isabella headed when Mortimer halts her in Scene 2?
(a) Her stables.
(c) The forest.
2. Why does Mortimer say Gaveston will be more fearful of the nobles on his return to England?
(a) He will know they can banish him again.
(b) He will fear violent reprisal from them.
(c) He will feel immense gratitude toward them.
(d) He will be publicly shamed.
3. At the beginning of Scene 3, how does Edward direct his and and Gaveston's departure?
(a) Gaveston by land; Edward by sea.
(b) Gaveston by sea; Edward by land.
(c) Both by land.
(d) Both by sea.
4. What event does Edward plan for Gaveston's return?
(a) A joust.
(b) A military display.
(c) A masque.
(d) A May fair.
5. Which of the following nobles does not leave with King Edward in this scene?
6. With what does Edward threaten Mortimer Junior after the brawl of Scene 2?
(a) Imprisonment in the Tower.
(b) Banishment from the court.
(c) Drawing and quartering.
(d) Loss of his titles and land.
7. Who volunteers to shelter the nobles at the end of Scene 2?
(a) The King of France.
(d) The Bishop of Canterbury.
8. What does Isabella wish would happen to Gaveston at the end of Scene 3?
(a) He he taken prisoner.
(b) He be returned to Ireland.
(c) He be shipwrecked.
(d) He be slain.
9. Spencer and Baldock served what newly-deceased lord?
10. To what bird does Edward compare the nobles after they exit in Scene 2?
11. Where is Lady Margaret ordered to go in her second letter?
(a) To Ireland.
(b) To France.
(c) To court.
(d) To Parliament.
12. What skill does the first poor man who approaches Gaveston for preferment possess?
13. Whom does Edward send to fight the rebellious Scots in this scene?
(a) Mortimer Senior.
14. What are the nobles doing with the writ of exile at the beginning of Scene 4?
(a) Sealing it.
(b) Signing it.
(c) Burning it.
(d) Drafting it.
15. What covert act must a gentleman occasionally enact, according to Spencer Junior?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Lancaster and Mortimer say no longer inhabits the court?
2. What does Warwick believe is the only mean the nobles have of challenging Gaveston?
3. To which of the following items does Mortimer compare the king in his jousting crest?
4. After Gaveston is carried off in Scene 4, what does Edward say stops his speech?
5. When Isabella entreats Lancaster for Gaveston's return, what is the only situation that Lancaster says will bring Gaveston back?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)