|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mortimer say Gaveston will be more fearful of the nobles on his return to England?
(a) He will know they can banish him again.
(b) He will be publicly shamed.
(c) He will feel immense gratitude toward them.
(d) He will fear violent reprisal from them.
2. What does Lancaster intend to do with the writ of banishment after Edward signs it?
(a) Frame it.
(b) Publish it.
(c) Burn it.
(d) Deliver it to Gaveston personally.
3. What entreaty does Mortimer Junior make to Edward when they enter in Scene 1?
(a) Increase pay to the troops.
(b) Spend less of the community purse on revels.
(c) Hold a full funeral for his father.
(d) Hate Gaveston.
4. What new honor does Edward give Mortimer Junior in thanks for Gaveston's return?
(a) Royal Secretary.
(b) Lord Chamberlain.
(c) Duke of Cornwall.
(d) Lord Marshall.
5. What does Baldock protest he despises about the court?
6. To what mythical figure does Lancaster compare Gaveston in Scene 4?
7. Which of the following outrages is not one that his befallen the Bishop of Coventry?
(a) He has been stripped of his property.
(b) He has been sodomized.
(c) His garments have been torn.
(d) He has been manhandled.
8. Which Lord does Spencer Junior claim once much preferred him?
9. What does Mortimer threaten Edward if he do not agree to Gaveston's exile?
(a) He will kill him.
(b) He will suspend duty to the throne.
(c) He will depose him.
(d) He will leave England.
10. In Edward's soliloquy after the nobles leave in Scene 4, whom does he long to kill?
(a) Mortimer Junior.
(c) All nobles.
11. Who exits with Gaveston guarded in Scene 4?
12. Whom does Edward send to fight the rebellious Scots in this scene?
(c) Mortimer Senior.
13. Who do Lancaster and Mortimer say no longer inhabits the court?
(b) Foriegn dignitaries.
14. To whom is the Bishop of Canterbury writing in Scene 2?
(a) The King of France.
(b) The Pope.
(c) The Bishop of Coventry.
(d) King Edward.
15. At the beginning of Scene 3, how does Edward direct his and and Gaveston's departure?
(a) Gaveston by land; Edward by sea.
(b) Both by land.
(c) Gaveston by sea; Edward by land.
(d) Both by sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is net an earldom that Lancaster holds?
2. From whom is the letter that Lady Margaret carries with her in Scene 1?
3. Which noble does Isabella enlist to be her advocate among the others in Scene 4?
4. To what smith's implement does Edward compare his heart upon his return from seeing Gaveston off?
5. Which two nobles go to Newcastle to muster troops?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)