|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new honor does Edward give Mortimer Junior in thanks for Gaveston's return?
(a) Lord Chamberlain.
(b) Duke of Cornwall.
(c) Royal Secretary.
(d) Lord Marshall.
2. What does Warwick believe is the only mean the nobles have of challenging Gaveston?
(c) Collective bargaining.
3. With what does Edward threaten Mortimer Junior after the brawl of Scene 2?
(a) Drawing and quartering.
(b) Banishment from the court.
(c) Loss of his titles and land.
(d) Imprisonment in the Tower.
4. Who volunteers to shelter the nobles at the end of Scene 2?
(c) The King of France.
(d) The Bishop of Canterbury.
5. Of what relation are the two Mortimers?
(a) They are not related.
(b) Senior is the older brother of Junior.
(c) Senior is uncle to Junior.
(d) Senior is the father of Junior.
6. Why does Mortimer say Gaveston will be more fearful of the nobles on his return to England?
(a) He will know they can banish him again.
(b) He will fear violent reprisal from them.
(c) He will feel immense gratitude toward them.
(d) He will be publicly shamed.
7. Why does Baldock exit in Scene 1?
(a) To carouse in town.
(b) To draft a letter to Gaveston.
(c) To attend his Lord's funeral.
(d) To call Lady Margaret's coach.
8. According to the nobles in seem to, how is Gaveston normally positioned with the King in court?
(a) Lying on his lap.
(b) Kneeling by his side.
(c) Leaning on his shoulder.
(d) Seated at his left.
9. At the beginning of Scene 3, how does Edward direct his and and Gaveston's departure?
(a) Gaveston by land; Edward by sea.
(b) Both by sea.
(c) Both by land.
(d) Gaveston by sea; Edward by land.
10. What city does Gaveston declare that he loves as he would Elysium?
11. How does Mortimer Junior characterize Gaveston in Scene 4?
(a) A thief.
(b) A whore.
(c) A pander.
(d) A murderer.
12. Which of the following men is not a group that Gaveston announces he wants to keep about him and the king?
13. Which of the following outrages is not one that his befallen the Bishop of Coventry?
(a) His garments have been torn.
(b) He has been manhandled.
(c) He has been stripped of his property.
(d) He has been sodomized.
14. To what mythical figure does Lancaster compare Gaveston in Scene 4?
15. According to Mortimer Junior, what do the Mortimers never do?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two nobles go to Newcastle to muster troops?
2. Which of the following nobles does not leave with King Edward in this scene?
3. Who exits with Gaveston guarded in Scene 4?
4. What noble rank has Gaveston been given by Scene 2?
5. With whom does Edward accuse Isabella of being too familiar?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)