|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over what two forms of execution do the nobles argue regarding Gaveston in Scene 4?
(a) Burning and quartering.
(b) Quartering and hanging.
(c) Hanging and beheading.
(d) Beheading and burning.
2. Which noble does Isabella enlist to be her advocate among the others in Scene 4?
(a) Mortimer Junior.
3. Which of the following nobles speaks in defense of Edward in Scene 1?
(b) Mortimer Senior.
4. What skill does the first poor man who approaches Gaveston for preferment possess?
5. Who exits with Gaveston guarded in Scene 4?
6. Who is the first noble that Edward publicly forgives after Gaveston is repealed in Scene 4?
(a) Mortimer Senior.
7. Who of Spencer's relations is Gaveston's lover?
(a) His sister.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His mother.
(d) His nephew.
8. To whom is the Bishop of Canterbury writing in Scene 2?
(a) King Edward.
(b) The King of France.
(c) The Bishop of Coventry.
(d) The Pope.
9. What land's ship do the nobles take to pursue Gaveston at the end of Scene 3?
10. What present role does Spencer Junior tell Baldock her must cast off to come to court?
11. What does Isabella wish would happen to Gaveston at the end of Scene 3?
(a) He be returned to Ireland.
(b) He he taken prisoner.
(c) He be slain.
(d) He be shipwrecked.
12. What does Isabella decide to do when Mortimer Junior leaves in Scene 3?
(a) Return to France.
(b) Stay at a nearby castle.
(c) Go to King Edward.
(d) Go with Mortimer.
13. What does Mortimer Junior threaten to do if Gaveston return to England?
(a) Refuse to fight for Edward.
(b) Kill Gaveston.
(c) Leave England.
(d) Rise up in revolt.
14. Who volunteers to shelter the nobles at the end of Scene 2?
(c) The Bishop of Canterbury.
(d) The King of France.
15. From what does Isabella tell Moritmer are her hands sore in Scene 3?
(a) Holding her lord.
(b) Battling with her heart.
(c) Haling Edward.
(d) Beating her breast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What noble rank has Gaveston been given by Scene 2?
2. Which Lord does Spencer Junior claim once much preferred him?
3. Whom does Edward send to fight the rebellious Scots in this scene?
4. What covert act must a gentleman occasionally enact, according to Spencer Junior?
5. What city does Gaveston declare that he loves as he would Elysium?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)