|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Lord does Spencer Junior specifically say does not want to serve?
2. To what mythical figure does Lancaster compare Gaveston in Scene 4?
3. Which of the following is not a figure that Mortimer Senior cites in describing great men with obsessive companions?
4. What covert act must a gentleman occasionally enact, according to Spencer Junior?
5. What does Warwick believe is the only mean the nobles have of challenging Gaveston?
(c) Collective bargaining.
6. What entreaty does Mortimer Junior make to Edward when they enter in Scene 1?
(a) Increase pay to the troops.
(b) Hold a full funeral for his father.
(c) Spend less of the community purse on revels.
(d) Hate Gaveston.
7. What event does Edward plan for Gaveston's return?
(a) A masque.
(b) A military display.
(c) A May fair.
(d) A joust.
8. To what bird does Edward compare the nobles after they exit in Scene 2?
9. Over what two forms of execution do the nobles argue regarding Gaveston in Scene 4?
(a) Hanging and beheading.
(b) Quartering and hanging.
(c) Burning and quartering.
(d) Beheading and burning.
10. According to Mortimer Junior, what do the Mortimers never do?
11. What does Edward protest he will use to sign the writ of banishment?
12. What does Mortimer Junior fear regarding Gaveston in Ireland?
(a) He will build an army there.
(b) He will die of consumption.
(c) He will incite popular unrest.
(d) He will send assassin to England for them.
13. Who finally promises to accompany Gaveston on his journey to Edward?
(c) Mortimer Junior.
14. What does Baldock protest he despises about the court?
15. From what does Isabella tell Moritmer are her hands sore in Scene 3?
(a) Holding her lord.
(b) Battling with her heart.
(c) Haling Edward.
(d) Beating her breast.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom is the letter that Lady Margaret carries with her in Scene 1?
2. What his happened to Mortimer Senior in Scotland?
3. Spencer and Baldock served what newly-deceased lord?
4. Who do Lancaster and Mortimer say no longer inhabits the court?
5. In Edward's soliloquy after the nobles leave in Scene 4, whom does he long to kill?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)