|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Isabella resolve to do in Scene 2 rather than be the cause of unrest?
(a) Have an affair in secret.
(b) Live a melancholy life.
(c) Poison Gaveston in secret.
(d) Return to France.
2. Why does Baldock exit in Scene 1?
(a) To carouse in town.
(b) To call Lady Margaret's coach.
(c) To attend his Lord's funeral.
(d) To draft a letter to Gaveston.
3. To which of the following items does Mortimer compare the king in his jousting crest?
(a) A lion.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A flying fish.
(d) A cedar tree.
4. According to Mortimer Junior, who is aiding the Scots?
(a) The Irish.
(b) The French.
(c) The Italians.
(d) The Welsh.
5. Which of the following is net an earldom that Lancaster holds?
6. What does Isabella wish would happen to Gaveston at the end of Scene 3?
(a) He be returned to Ireland.
(b) He be shipwrecked.
(c) He be slain.
(d) He he taken prisoner.
7. How does Pembroke refer to Isabella when the nobles reenter in Scene 4?
(a) A child.
(b) A harlot.
(c) A weakling.
(d) A saint.
8. Whose death is announced in the first moment of the play?
(b) Edward III.
(c) Edward I.
(d) Edward II.
9. What does Edward swear to send Gaveston?
(b) Letters of love.
(c) Fine clothes.
(d) Reports of his revenge.
10. With what title do Spencer and Margaret refer to Gaveston throughout Scene 1?
(a) Lord of Man
(b) Royal Secretary
(c) Lord Chamberlain
11. From what does Isabella tell Moritmer are her hands sore in Scene 3?
(a) Holding her lord.
(b) Haling Edward.
(c) Beating her breast.
(d) Battling with her heart.
12. What land's ship do the nobles take to pursue Gaveston at the end of Scene 3?
13. Where is Isabella headed when Mortimer halts her in Scene 2?
(a) Her stables.
(b) The forest.
14. Where does Lady Margaret put the letter after she has read it in Scene 1?
(a) In the brook.
(b) Against her breast.
(c) In Spencer's hands.
(d) In her Bible.
15. Who exits with Gaveston guarded in Scene 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. Unto whom does Pembroke entrust Gaveston at the end of Scene 4?
2. What does Lancaster intend to do with the writ of banishment after Edward signs it?
3. Which of the following outrages is not one that his befallen the Bishop of Coventry?
4. What his happened to Mortimer Senior in Scotland?
5. What are the nobles doing with the writ of exile at the beginning of Scene 4?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)