|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Edward threaten Mortimer Junior after the brawl of Scene 2?
(a) Loss of his titles and land.
(b) Drawing and quartering.
(c) Banishment from the court.
(d) Imprisonment in the Tower.
2. Which of the following nobles does not leave with King Edward in this scene?
3. What skill does the first poor man who approaches Gaveston for preferment possess?
4. What new honor does Edward give Mortimer Junior in thanks for Gaveston's return?
(a) Lord Chamberlain.
(b) Royal Secretary.
(c) Lord Marshall.
(d) Duke of Cornwall.
5. At the beginning of Scene 3, how does Edward direct his and and Gaveston's departure?
(a) Gaveston by land; Edward by sea.
(b) Gaveston by sea; Edward by land.
(c) Both by sea.
(d) Both by land.
6. Which of the following is not a figure that Mortimer Senior cites in describing great men with obsessive companions?
7. Where is Lady Margaret ordered to go in her second letter?
(a) To France.
(b) To Parliament.
(c) To court.
(d) To Ireland.
8. What noble rank has Gaveston been given by Scene 2?
9. According to the nobles in seem to, how is Gaveston normally positioned with the King in court?
(a) Kneeling by his side.
(b) Lying on his lap.
(c) Seated at his left.
(d) Leaning on his shoulder.
10. What does Edward protest he will use to sign the writ of banishment?
11. What does Baldock protest he despises about the court?
12. What does Mortimer Junior threaten to do if Gaveston return to England?
(a) Refuse to fight for Edward.
(b) Kill Gaveston.
(c) Rise up in revolt.
(d) Leave England.
13. Against what enemy has the Third Poor Man fought?
(a) The Scots.
(b) The Irish.
(c) The French.
(d) The Spanish.
14. What present role does Spencer Junior tell Baldock her must cast off to come to court?
15. What his happened to Mortimer Senior in Scotland?
(a) He has retreated fromt he field.
(b) He has been taken prisoner.
(c) He has killed the Scottish commander.
(d) He has been slain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Gaveston declare that he loves as he would Elysium?
2. What does Isabella resolve to do in Scene 2 rather than be the cause of unrest?
3. To whom is the Bishop of Canterbury writing in Scene 2?
4. According to Lancaster in Scene 4, where is the only place that Gaveston is safe?
5. Which of the nobles is a citizen of Wales?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)