|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who of Spencer's relations is Gaveston's lover?
(a) His nephew.
(b) His mother.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His sister.
2. Which Lord does Spencer Junior claim once much preferred him?
3. What entreaty does Mortimer Junior make to Edward when they enter in Scene 1?
(a) Spend less of the community purse on revels.
(b) Increase pay to the troops.
(c) Hate Gaveston.
(d) Hold a full funeral for his father.
4. What does Mortimer threaten Edward if he do not agree to Gaveston's exile?
(a) He will leave England.
(b) He will suspend duty to the throne.
(c) He will depose him.
(d) He will kill him.
5. According to the nobles in seem to, how is Gaveston normally positioned with the King in court?
(a) Kneeling by his side.
(b) Leaning on his shoulder.
(c) Seated at his left.
(d) Lying on his lap.
6. Why does Mortimer say Gaveston will be more fearful of the nobles on his return to England?
(a) He will be publicly shamed.
(b) He will fear violent reprisal from them.
(c) He will feel immense gratitude toward them.
(d) He will know they can banish him again.
7. What does Isabella resolve to do in Scene 2 rather than be the cause of unrest?
(a) Live a melancholy life.
(b) Return to France.
(c) Have an affair in secret.
(d) Poison Gaveston in secret.
8. What skill does the first poor man who approaches Gaveston for preferment possess?
9. What land's ship do the nobles take to pursue Gaveston at the end of Scene 3?
10. Where is the Bishop of Coventry at the beginning of Scene 2?
(a) In the Tower.
(c) In France.
(d) In Rome.
11. According to Mortimer Junior, who is aiding the Scots?
(a) The Italians.
(b) The Irish.
(c) The Welsh.
(d) The French.
12. According to Mortimer Junior, what do the Mortimers never do?
13. Before departing, what does Lancaster swear Edward will soon have for a crown?
(a) A jester's cap.
(b) Gaveston's head.
(c) Bloody locks.
(d) Cuckold's horns.
14. Whom does Edward send to fight the rebellious Scots in this scene?
(b) Mortimer Senior.
15. What present role does Spencer Junior tell Baldock her must cast off to come to court?
Short Answer Questions
1. With what title do Spencer and Margaret refer to Gaveston throughout Scene 1?
2. To what mythical figure does Lancaster compare Gaveston in Scene 4?
3. In Edward's soliloquy after the nobles leave in Scene 4, whom does he long to kill?
4. What new honor does Edward give Mortimer Junior in thanks for Gaveston's return?
5. Who finally promises to accompany Gaveston on his journey to Edward?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)