|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event does Edward plan for Gaveston's return?
(a) A military display.
(b) A joust.
(c) A masque.
(d) A May fair.
2. What covert act must a gentleman occasionally enact, according to Spencer Junior?
3. Which of the following men is not a group that Gaveston announces he wants to keep about him and the king?
4. How does Mortimer Junior characterize Gaveston in Scene 4?
(a) A pander.
(b) A murderer.
(c) A whore.
(d) A thief.
5. What land's ship do the nobles take to pursue Gaveston at the end of Scene 3?
6. What does Mortimer Junior threaten to do if Gaveston return to England?
(a) Refuse to fight for Edward.
(b) Rise up in revolt.
(c) Kill Gaveston.
(d) Leave England.
7. Who do Lancaster and Mortimer say no longer inhabits the court?
(c) Foriegn dignitaries.
8. What does Isabella resolve to do in Scene 2 rather than be the cause of unrest?
(a) Return to France.
(b) Have an affair in secret.
(c) Poison Gaveston in secret.
(d) Live a melancholy life.
9. Who finally promises to accompany Gaveston on his journey to Edward?
(c) Mortimer Junior.
10. According to Mortimer Junior, who is aiding the Scots?
(a) The French.
(b) The Welsh.
(c) The Irish.
(d) The Italians.
11. Which Lord does Spencer Junior claim once much preferred him?
12. Which noble resolves to murder Gaveston personally on his way to see Edward?
(c) Mortimer Junior.
13. Where does Lady Margaret put the letter after she has read it in Scene 1?
(a) In her Bible.
(b) Against her breast.
(c) In Spencer's hands.
(d) In the brook.
14. What does Edward protest he will use to sign the writ of banishment?
15. What does Mortimer threaten Edward if he do not agree to Gaveston's exile?
(a) He will kill him.
(b) He will depose him.
(c) He will leave England.
(d) He will suspend duty to the throne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What skill does the first poor man who approaches Gaveston for preferment possess?
2. After Gaveston is carried off in Scene 4, what does Edward say stops his speech?
3. Which Lord does Spencer Junior specifically say does not want to serve?
4. Who of Spencer's relations is Gaveston's lover?
5. Spencer and Baldock served what newly-deceased lord?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)