|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Isabella decide to do when Mortimer Junior leaves in Scene 3?
(a) Go to King Edward.
(b) Go with Mortimer.
(c) Stay at a nearby castle.
(d) Return to France.
2. Which of the following nobles speaks in defense of Edward in Scene 1?
(b) Mortimer Senior.
3. Where is Isabella headed when Mortimer halts her in Scene 2?
(a) The forest.
(b) Her stables.
4. Who is updating Gaveston on recent events in Scene 3?
(d) Mortimer Junior.
5. With what title do Spencer and Margaret refer to Gaveston throughout Scene 1?
(a) Royal Secretary
(b) Lord of Man
(c) Lord Chamberlain
6. Which Lord does Spencer Junior specifically say does not want to serve?
7. What does Isabella resolve to do in Scene 2 rather than be the cause of unrest?
(a) Return to France.
(b) Poison Gaveston in secret.
(c) Live a melancholy life.
(d) Have an affair in secret.
8. Before departing, what does Lancaster swear Edward will soon have for a crown?
(a) Cuckold's horns.
(b) A jester's cap.
(c) Gaveston's head.
(d) Bloody locks.
9. How does Mortimer Junior characterize Gaveston in Scene 4?
(a) A thief.
(b) A murderer.
(c) A whore.
(d) A pander.
10. Who is the first noble that Edward publicly forgives after Gaveston is repealed in Scene 4?
(a) Mortimer Senior.
11. What city does Gaveston declare that he loves as he would Elysium?
12. What land's ship do the nobles take to pursue Gaveston at the end of Scene 3?
13. What part of Edward's body does he chastise Gaveston not to kiss?
(a) His hand.
(b) His lips.
(c) His neck.
(d) His feet.
14. What does Mortimer Junior threaten to do if Gaveston return to England?
(a) Leave England.
(b) Refuse to fight for Edward.
(c) Kill Gaveston.
(d) Rise up in revolt.
15. To what mythical figure does Lancaster compare Gaveston in Scene 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who exits with Gaveston guarded in Scene 4?
2. To what bird does Edward compare the nobles after they exit in Scene 2?
3. With what does Edward threaten Mortimer Junior after the brawl of Scene 2?
4. Who of Spencer's relations is Gaveston's lover?
5. Which of the nobles wounds Gaveston in this scene?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)