|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What covert act must a gentleman occasionally enact, according to Spencer Junior?
2. What does Mortimer threaten Edward if he do not agree to Gaveston's exile?
(a) He will leave England.
(b) He will depose him.
(c) He will suspend duty to the throne.
(d) He will kill him.
3. Where is Isabella headed when Mortimer halts her in Scene 2?
(c) Her stables.
(d) The forest.
4. What part of Edward's body does he chastise Gaveston not to kiss?
(a) His neck.
(b) His lips.
(c) His feet.
(d) His hand.
5. Which of the following is net an earldom that Lancaster holds?
6. Of what relation are the two Mortimers?
(a) Senior is the father of Junior.
(b) Senior is the older brother of Junior.
(c) They are not related.
(d) Senior is uncle to Junior.
7. With whom does Edward accuse Isabella of being too familiar?
(b) Mortimer Junior.
8. When Isabella entreats Lancaster for Gaveston's return, what is the only situation that Lancaster says will bring Gaveston back?
(a) A miracle.
(b) A new king's accession.
(c) A war.
(d) A shipwreck.
9. Whose death is announced in the first moment of the play?
(a) Edward II.
(b) Edward III.
(c) Edward I.
10. What does Mortimer Junior threaten to do if Gaveston return to England?
(a) Refuse to fight for Edward.
(b) Rise up in revolt.
(c) Leave England.
(d) Kill Gaveston.
11. Which noble resolves to murder Gaveston personally on his way to see Edward?
(b) Mortimer Junior.
12. Where does Edward send Gaveston for banishment?
13. Who is updating Gaveston on recent events in Scene 3?
(a) Mortimer Junior.
14. Before departing, what does Lancaster swear Edward will soon have for a crown?
(a) Bloody locks.
(b) A jester's cap.
(c) Gaveston's head.
(d) Cuckold's horns.
15. What does Warwick believe is the only mean the nobles have of challenging Gaveston?
(b) Collective bargaining.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Isabella wish would happen to Gaveston at the end of Scene 3?
2. Which of the nobles is a citizen of Wales?
3. With what title do Spencer and Margaret refer to Gaveston throughout Scene 1?
4. What does Edward swear to send Gaveston?
5. What does Isabella decide to do when Mortimer Junior leaves in Scene 3?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)