|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Isabella decide to do when Mortimer Junior leaves in Scene 3?
(a) Return to France.
(b) Go to King Edward.
(c) Stay at a nearby castle.
(d) Go with Mortimer.
2. What part of Edward's body does he chastise Gaveston not to kiss?
(a) His neck.
(b) His feet.
(c) His lips.
(d) His hand.
3. When Isabella entreats Lancaster for Gaveston's return, what is the only situation that Lancaster says will bring Gaveston back?
(a) A war.
(b) A miracle.
(c) A shipwreck.
(d) A new king's accession.
4. Why can Edward not commit Mortimer Junior to the Tower?
(a) The people love him.
(b) He has a strong retinue of men.
(c) Isabella loves him.
(d) The Tower is already full.
5. What entreaty does Mortimer Junior make to Edward when they enter in Scene 1?
(a) Hold a full funeral for his father.
(b) Spend less of the community purse on revels.
(c) Hate Gaveston.
(d) Increase pay to the troops.
6. Which of the following nobles speaks in defense of Edward in Scene 1?
(d) Mortimer Senior.
7. Who of Spencer's relations is Gaveston's lover?
(a) His mother.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His nephew.
(d) His sister.
8. What noble rank has Gaveston been given by Scene 2?
9. Where does Edward send Gaveston for banishment?
10. What new honor does Edward give Mortimer Junior in thanks for Gaveston's return?
(a) Lord Chamberlain.
(b) Royal Secretary.
(c) Lord Marshall.
(d) Duke of Cornwall.
11. What does Edward protest he will use to sign the writ of banishment?
12. Who do Lancaster and Mortimer say no longer inhabits the court?
(d) Foriegn dignitaries.
13. Which of the following nobles does not leave with King Edward in this scene?
14. What city does Gaveston declare that he loves as he would Elysium?
15. Before departing, what does Lancaster swear Edward will soon have for a crown?
(a) Bloody locks.
(b) Cuckold's horns.
(c) Gaveston's head.
(d) A jester's cap.
Short Answer Questions
1. What land's ship do the nobles take to pursue Gaveston at the end of Scene 3?
2. What skill does the first poor man who approaches Gaveston for preferment possess?
3. From whom is the letter that Lady Margaret carries with her in Scene 1?
4. To what bird does Edward compare the nobles after they exit in Scene 2?
5. At the end of Scene 1, whom does Edward depose in vengeance of his part in Gaveston's exile?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)