|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What land's ship do the nobles take to pursue Gaveston at the end of Scene 3?
2. To what mythical figure does Lancaster compare Gaveston in Scene 4?
3. To which of the following items does Mortimer compare the king in his jousting crest?
(a) A flying fish.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A cedar tree.
(d) A lion.
4. To what bird does Edward compare the nobles after they exit in Scene 2?
5. What does Warwick believe is the only mean the nobles have of challenging Gaveston?
(a) Collective bargaining.
6. Who is updating Gaveston on recent events in Scene 3?
(b) Mortimer Junior.
7. Who of Spencer's relations is Gaveston's lover?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His nephew.
(c) His mother.
(d) His sister.
8. Whom does Edward send to fight the rebellious Scots in this scene?
(b) Mortimer Senior.
9. What event does Edward plan for Gaveston's return?
(a) A military display.
(b) A May fair.
(c) A masque.
(d) A joust.
10. What does Mortimer threaten Edward if he do not agree to Gaveston's exile?
(a) He will depose him.
(b) He will leave England.
(c) He will kill him.
(d) He will suspend duty to the throne.
11. Which of the nobles wounds Gaveston in this scene?
(c) Mortimer Junior.
12. What are the nobles doing with the writ of exile at the beginning of Scene 4?
(a) Drafting it.
(b) Burning it.
(c) Sealing it.
(d) Signing it.
13. Which two nobles go to Newcastle to muster troops?
(a) Warwick and Pembroke.
(b) Pembroke and Lancaster.
(c) Mortimer Junior and Warwick.
(d) Lancaster and Mortimer Junior.
14. Which of the following is net an earldom that Lancaster holds?
15. With whom does Edward accuse Isabella of being too familiar?
(b) Mortimer Junior.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Lord does Spencer Junior specifically say does not want to serve?
2. Which of the following men is not a group that Gaveston announces he wants to keep about him and the king?
3. At the end of Scene 1, whom does Edward depose in vengeance of his part in Gaveston's exile?
4. Unto whom does Pembroke entrust Gaveston at the end of Scene 4?
5. What his happened to Mortimer Senior in Scotland?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)