|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Isabella resolve to do in Scene 2 rather than be the cause of unrest?
(a) Have an affair in secret.
(b) Poison Gaveston in secret.
(c) Return to France.
(d) Live a melancholy life.
2. What new honor does Edward give Mortimer Junior in thanks for Gaveston's return?
(a) Duke of Cornwall.
(b) Lord Chamberlain.
(c) Lord Marshall.
(d) Royal Secretary.
3. What does Mortimer Junior threaten to do if Gaveston return to England?
(a) Leave England.
(b) Kill Gaveston.
(c) Refuse to fight for Edward.
(d) Rise up in revolt.
4. Of what relation are the two Mortimers?
(a) Senior is uncle to Junior.
(b) Senior is the father of Junior.
(c) Senior is the older brother of Junior.
(d) They are not related.
5. In Edward's soliloquy after the nobles leave in Scene 4, whom does he long to kill?
(a) Mortimer Junior.
(d) All nobles.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Edward threaten Mortimer Junior after the brawl of Scene 2?
2. Who of Spencer's relations is Gaveston's lover?
3. According to Mortimer Junior, what do the Mortimers never do?
4. What are the nobles doing with the writ of exile at the beginning of Scene 4?
5. What noble rank has Gaveston been given by Scene 2?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)