|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which vice does Mortimer Junior say is the "venom" that Gaveston has brought to the realm (I.ii.31)?
(a) Ambitious pride.
(b) Common scorn.
(c) Luxurious indolence.
(d) Unnatural lust.
2. Who of Spencer's relations is Gaveston's lover?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His mother.
(c) His nephew.
(d) His sister.
3. What new honor does Edward give Mortimer Junior in thanks for Gaveston's return?
(a) Royal Secretary.
(b) Lord Marshall.
(c) Lord Chamberlain.
(d) Duke of Cornwall.
4. Where is Lady Margaret ordered to go in her second letter?
(a) To Ireland.
(b) To court.
(c) To Parliament.
(d) To France.
5. According to Lancaster in Scene 4, where is the only place that Gaveston is safe?
(a) At Edward's side.
(b) In Hell.
(c) In France.
(d) In the Tower.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Baldock exit in Scene 1?
2. Spencer and Baldock served what newly-deceased lord?
3. In Edward's soliloquy after the nobles leave in Scene 4, whom does he long to kill?
4. Against what enemy has the Third Poor Man fought?
5. What city does Gaveston declare that he loves as he would Elysium?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)