|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scenes 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what relation are the two Mortimers?
(a) Senior is uncle to Junior.
(b) They are not related.
(c) Senior is the older brother of Junior.
(d) Senior is the father of Junior.
2. According to Isabella in Scene 4, whose country's men are not able to stay in England and fight Edward?
3. Unto whom does Pembroke entrust Gaveston at the end of Scene 4?
(c) No one.
4. Where is Isabella headed when Mortimer halts her in Scene 2?
(b) Her stables.
(c) The forest.
5. What does Warwick believe is the only mean the nobles have of challenging Gaveston?
(a) Collective bargaining.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Bishop of Coventry at the beginning of Scene 2?
2. Which of the following promises is not one that Sir John makes to Kent and Mortimer in Scene 2?
3. When Isabella entreats Lancaster for Gaveston's return, what is the only situation that Lancaster says will bring Gaveston back?
4. What does Edward III want to do at the beginning of Scene 2?
5. Which of the following is not a figure that Mortimer Senior cites in describing great men with obsessive companions?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)