|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scenes 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Isabella resolve to do in Scene 2 rather than be the cause of unrest?
(a) Live a melancholy life.
(b) Have an affair in secret.
(c) Poison Gaveston in secret.
(d) Return to France.
2. Over what two forms of execution do the nobles argue regarding Gaveston in Scene 4?
(a) Beheading and burning.
(b) Quartering and hanging.
(c) Hanging and beheading.
(d) Burning and quartering.
3. What land's ship do the nobles take to pursue Gaveston at the end of Scene 3?
4. How does Mortimer Junior characterize Gaveston in Scene 4?
(a) A thief.
(b) A pander.
(c) A whore.
(d) A murderer.
5. Who of Spencer's relations is Gaveston's lover?
(a) His sister.
(b) His mother.
(c) His nephew.
(d) His cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which noble does Isabella enlist to be her advocate among the others in Scene 4?
2. Why does Mortimer interrupt Isabella in Scene 4?
3. What does Baldock protest he despises about the court?
4. To what mythical figure does Lancaster compare Gaveston in Scene 4?
5. Who does Arundel promise as ransom for Gaveston's temporary reprieve in Scene 4?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)