|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 1, what position does Edward beg his captors not to allow Mortimer Junior to hold?
(a) Lord Chamberlain.
(b) King of England.
(c) Protector of Edward III.
(d) Husband to his widowed Queen.
2. To whom does Edward say he will complain of the malefactions of Mortimer and Isabella?
(a) To France.
(b) To his dead servants.
(c) To the gods.
(d) To the legions of hell.
3. Which noble does Edward consign to the Tower in Scene 3?
(c) Mortimer Junior.
4. To what country does Spencer Junior order Levune to deliver large stores of English gold in Scene 3?
5. Whose company do the nobles demand that Edward forsake through the Herald in Scene 1?
(a) Spencer Senior.
(d) Spencer Junior.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mortimer say Gaveston will be more fearful of the nobles on his return to England?
2. How does Pembroke refer to Isabella when the nobles reenter in Scene 4?
3. What new honor does Edward give Mortimer Junior in thanks for Gaveston's return?
4. Which king does Warwick promise Gaveston will soon meet before killing him?
5. In relinquishing his crown, what action does Edward refuse to take?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)