|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pembroke refer to Isabella when the nobles reenter in Scene 4?
(a) A child.
(b) A harlot.
(c) A saint.
(d) A weakling.
2. To what animal does Edward compare himself in his response to Leicester's kind words?
(a) A lion.
(b) A hare.
(c) A serpent.
(d) A deer.
3. Who is the first noble that Edward publicly forgives after Gaveston is repealed in Scene 4?
(c) Mortimer Senior.
4. Which noble does Edward immediately banish from his presence in the beginning of Scene 3?
(c) Mortimer Junior.
5. On the field of battle in Scene 2, what does Lancaster tell Edward his flatterers will do?
(a) Betray him.
(b) Weaken him.
(c) Become dependant on him.
(d) Use him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a figure that Mortimer Senior cites in describing great men with obsessive companions?
2. Of what relation are the two Mortimers?
3. What does Edward expect the next news he receives to be?
4. What new honor does Edward give Mortimer Junior in thanks for Gaveston's return?
5. Which of the following groups of soldiers is not mentioned to be in Spencer Senior's retinue?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)