|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mortimer Junior fear regarding Gaveston in Ireland?
(a) He will build an army there.
(b) He will incite popular unrest.
(c) He will send assassin to England for them.
(d) He will die of consumption.
2. Which noble does Isabella enlist to be her advocate among the others in Scene 4?
(c) Mortimer Junior.
3. Whom does Edward send to fight the rebellious Scots in this scene?
(d) Mortimer Senior.
4. In relinquishing his crown, what action does Edward refuse to take?
(a) Saying the words.
(d) Handing it to Winchester.
5. In Scene 1, what position does Edward beg his captors not to allow Mortimer Junior to hold?
(a) Lord Chamberlain.
(b) Husband to his widowed Queen.
(c) Protector of Edward III.
(d) King of England.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 1, what does Spencer Junior recommend Edward do with the rebellious nobles?
2. Whose entreaty finally convinces Edward to relinquish his crown?
3. Of what relation are the two Mortimers?
4. Which of the following groups of soldiers is not mentioned to be in Spencer Senior's retinue?
5. To what country does Spencer Junior order Levune to deliver large stores of English gold in Scene 3?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)