1. Whose death is announced in the first moment of the play?
(a) Edward II.
(c) Edward I.
(d) Edward III.
2. What city does Gaveston declare that he loves as he would Elysium?
3. What skill does the first poor man who approaches Gaveston for preferment possess?
4. Against what enemy has the Third Poor Man fought?
(a) The Spanish.
(b) The Irish.
(c) The French.
(d) The Scots.
5. Which of the following men is not a group that Gaveston announces he wants to keep about him and the king?
6. What entreaty does Mortimer Junior make to Edward when they enter in Scene 1?
(a) Hate Gaveston.
(b) Increase pay to the troops.
(c) Spend less of the community purse on revels.
(d) Hold a full funeral for his father.
7. What does Mortimer Junior threaten to do if Gaveston return to England?
(a) Refuse to fight for Edward.
(b) Leave England.
(c) Rise up in revolt.
(d) Kill Gaveston.
This section contains 3,962 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)