Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry Adams trying to discover in "The Grammar of Science"?
2. At the end of "The Abyss of Ignorance", how many books does Henry Adams say he will write?
3. When does Henry Adams say his education ended?
4. Who does Henry Adams say very few Americans envied?
5. Who does Henry Adams compare Theodore Roosevelt to?
Essay Topic 1
The search for unity permeates this novel. What does Henry Adams mean by unity? Where does he get his ideas of unity? How does he try to find it? How does unity drive the theories of Henry Adams?
Essay Topic 2
Henry Adams admits to have a Puritan background and he often reflects on centuries that have past. How does Adams' Puritan background impact his life, education and theories? What about Puritanism and past centuries attracts Henry Adams and how does this help develop his character?
Essay Topic 3
Henry Adams spent much of his life as a writer. How did Henry Adams' articles help develop his theories of the world and life? Which articles contributed most to his personal development? How did writing help/hurt his education?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)