|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kept Henry Adams in contact with society?
2. Why did Henry Adams go to Washington, DC in "Nunc Age"?
3. What does Henry Adams say Stockholm is pressed by?
4. What career does Henry Adams try to return to, but can't, in "Indian Summer"?
5. In "Vis Nova", when did Henry Adams return to Washington, DC?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Russia influence Henry Adams' development of his theory of the 20th century? Describe at least three specifics about Russia that guided Henry Adams' thoughts and explain the rationality of each.
Essay Topic 2
Henry Adams spent much of his life as a writer. How did Henry Adams' articles help develop his theories of the world and life? Which articles contributed most to his personal development? How did writing help/hurt his education?
Essay Topic 3
What advancements did Henry Adams witness that helped him define acceleration? How did acceleration affect his world and what predictions did Adams make for the future?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)