|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What war breaks out in "Indian Summer"?
2. In "Twenty Years After", Henry Adams says the world is no longer what?
3. What is the diplomatic crisis in "Vis Inertiae"?
4. How does Henry Adams feel about his voyage on the Teutonic?
5. What technique does Henry Adams use to teach in "Failure"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Henry Adams often reflected on the influence of religion. How did religion influenced Henry Adams throughout his life? How did religion help form his ideas of life and how did religion impact the development of his theories? How does Henry Adams describe religion throughout the various centuries? How did these descriptions influence Adams' ideas?
Essay Topic 2
Select four women that played a role in Henry Adams' life. How did he describe these women? How did he feel about them? What value did Henry Adams place on women? How did women impact Adams' theories of life and history?
Essay Topic 3
Henry Adams spends years attending institutions of formal education. How does Henry Adams feel about formal education? What shaped his opinions? What ways does he think of to fix what is wrong with formal education?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)