|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Henry Adams, how should a man's force be measured?
2. When does Henry Adams say he wish he could return to see the world?
3. What does Henry Adams have in common with his friend, Hay?
4. After reading "The Grammar of Science", how does Henry Adams describe the book?
5. Where does Henry Adams rent a room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Henry Adams interacted with many prominent political figures. Select three political figures from "The Education of Henry Adams" and analyze their impact on Adams' education, career and theories.
Essay Topic 2
Henry Adams admits to have a Puritan background and he often reflects on centuries that have past. How does Adams' Puritan background impact his life, education and theories? What about Puritanism and past centuries attracts Henry Adams and how does this help develop his character?
Essay Topic 3
How did Russia influence Henry Adams' development of his theory of the 20th century? Describe at least three specifics about Russia that guided Henry Adams' thoughts and explain the rationality of each.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)