|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Henry Adams, how should a man's force be measured?
2. Who does Henry Adams compare Theodore Roosevelt to?
3. What failure does Henry Adams attempt to analyze in "Silence"?
4. What reminds Henry Adams of Darwinism in "Twilight"?
5. What is the diplomatic crisis in "Vis Inertiae"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Much of "The Education of Henry Adams" takes place in Washington, DC. Henry Adams often states that nothing changes in Washington, DC. How is he correct in this statement? How is he incorrect? Analyze the development of Washington, DC throughout Henry Adams' life.
Essay Topic 2
What advancements did Henry Adams witness that helped him define acceleration? How did acceleration affect his world and what predictions did Adams make for the future?
Essay Topic 3
As an educator at Harvard, Henry Adams became part of an educational system that did not fit him as a student. How did Henry Adams adapt to teaching at Harvard? How did teaching at Harvard affect Adams' education? How did teaching at Harvard help Henry Adams develop his theories of progress?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)