Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry Adams trying to discover in "The Grammar of Science"?
2. At the end of "The Abyss of Ignorance", how many books does Henry Adams say he will write?
3. When does Henry Adams say his education ended?
4. Who does Henry Adams say very few Americans envied?
5. Who does Henry Adams compare Theodore Roosevelt to?
Essay Topic 1
Much of "The Education of Henry Adams" takes place in Washington, DC. Henry Adams often states that nothing changes in Washington, DC. How is he correct in this statement? How is he incorrect? Analyze the development of Washington, DC throughout Henry Adams' life.
Essay Topic 2
"The Education of Henry Adams" shows life among both American and English high society. Compare American and English high society and explain how each impacted the education of Henry Adams and the development of his ideas of the world.
Essay Topic 3
Overall, what drove Henry Adams' education? Where did he receive the most education? How did he apply his education? What did Henry Adams see for the future of education? Explain how education existed throughout the entire novel.
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)