Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry Adams trying to discover in "The Grammar of Science"?
2. At the end of "The Abyss of Ignorance", how many books does Henry Adams say he will write?
3. When does Henry Adams say his education ended?
4. Who does Henry Adams say very few Americans envied?
5. Who does Henry Adams compare Theodore Roosevelt to?
Essay Topic 1
As an educator at Harvard, Henry Adams became part of an educational system that did not fit him as a student. How did Henry Adams adapt to teaching at Harvard? How did teaching at Harvard affect Adams' education? How did teaching at Harvard help Henry Adams develop his theories of progress?
Essay Topic 2
Henry Adams travels between the United States and Europe quite frequently. How does he describe the two places in contrast with each other? How do they compare in terms of people, politics and progress?
Essay Topic 3
How did Henry Adams' time in England as his father's secretary shape him? How does this time count as education? What did Henry Adams learn? How did his time in England impact the rest of his future?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)