Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry Adams trying to discover in "The Grammar of Science"?
2. At the end of "The Abyss of Ignorance", how many books does Henry Adams say he will write?
3. When does Henry Adams say his education ended?
4. Who does Henry Adams say very few Americans envied?
5. Who does Henry Adams compare Theodore Roosevelt to?
Essay Topic 1
Consider the friends Henry Adams made outside of politics. Choose three of those friends and consider the following: How did these friends impact Adams' view of the world? How did the affect the development of Adams as a character? How did the influence Adams' theories? Overall, who was most influential and why?
Essay Topic 2
Henry Adams often reflected on the influence of religion. How did religion influenced Henry Adams throughout his life? How did religion help form his ideas of life and how did religion impact the development of his theories? How does Henry Adams describe religion throughout the various centuries? How did these descriptions influence Adams' ideas?
Essay Topic 3
The search for unity permeates this novel. What does Henry Adams mean by unity? Where does he get his ideas of unity? How does he try to find it? How does unity drive the theories of Henry Adams?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)