|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the diplomatic crisis in "Vis Inertiae"?
2. In "The Height of Knowledge", what happens to President McKinley?
3. In "A Law of Acceleration", what does Henry Adams say historians now ask to be?
4. What subject is Henry Adams going to teach?
5. In "Twilight", what does Henry Adams study?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Henry Adams spent much of his life as a writer. How did Henry Adams' articles help develop his theories of the world and life? Which articles contributed most to his personal development? How did writing help/hurt his education?
Essay Topic 2
Consider the friends Henry Adams made outside of politics. Choose three of those friends and consider the following: How did these friends impact Adams' view of the world? How did the affect the development of Adams as a character? How did the influence Adams' theories? Overall, who was most influential and why?
Essay Topic 3
Progress and complexity were always at the core of Henry Adams' theories. Describe Henry Adams' beliefs and feelings about progress and complexity. How did they drive the times he lived in? How did they play into his theories?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)