Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry Adams trying to discover in "The Grammar of Science"?
2. At the end of "The Abyss of Ignorance", how many books does Henry Adams say he will write?
3. When does Henry Adams say his education ended?
4. Who does Henry Adams say very few Americans envied?
5. Who does Henry Adams compare Theodore Roosevelt to?
Progress and complexity were always at the core of Henry Adams' theories. Describe Henry Adams' beliefs and feelings about progress and complexity. How did they drive the times he lived in? How did they play into his theories?
Henry Adams created the terms the Dynamo and the Virgin. What are the Dynamo and the Virgin? How do they relate to each other? What do they represent in the world? How do these ideas help Adams' create all of his theories of the world? Are these useful terms? Why/why not?
What advancements did Henry Adams witness that helped him define acceleration? How did acceleration affect his world and what predictions did Adams make for the future?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)