|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Senate respond to Hay's actions in "Twilight"?
2. Henry Adams notes that progress is unstoppable so what is necessary?
3. What does Henry Adams say Stockholm is pressed by?
4. What century does Henry Adams consider using to measure his own time in history?
5. In the beginning of Chapter 31, how does Henry Adams say he feels?
Essay Topic 1
Much of "The Education of Henry Adams" takes place in Washington, DC. Henry Adams often states that nothing changes in Washington, DC. How is he correct in this statement? How is he incorrect? Analyze the development of Washington, DC throughout Henry Adams' life.
Essay Topic 2
Overall, what drove Henry Adams' education? Where did he receive the most education? How did he apply his education? What did Henry Adams see for the future of education? Explain how education existed throughout the entire novel.
Essay Topic 3
What advancements did Henry Adams witness that helped him define acceleration? How did acceleration affect his world and what predictions did Adams make for the future?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)