|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kept Henry Adams in contact with society?
2. What did Langley teach Adams?
3. What does Henry Adams think Russia could do because of its size?
4. How does editing the North American Review impact Henry Adams?
5. How does the Senate respond to Hay's actions in "Twilight"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Russia influence Henry Adams' development of his theory of the 20th century? Describe at least three specifics about Russia that guided Henry Adams' thoughts and explain the rationality of each.
Essay Topic 2
"The Education of Henry Adams" shows life among both American and English high society. Compare American and English high society and explain how each impacted the education of Henry Adams and the development of his ideas of the world.
Essay Topic 3
Henry Adams spent much of his life as a writer. How did Henry Adams' articles help develop his theories of the world and life? Which articles contributed most to his personal development? How did writing help/hurt his education?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)