|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What countries appear poised to go to war in "Vis Nova"?
2. How does Henry Adams say America takes tragedy in "The Height of Knowledge"?
3. Henry Adams says that even though he has looked at art in Art Museums he doesn't know what?
4. In "Twenty Years After", who is running for presidency?
5. When does Henry Adams say his education ended?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Henry Adams created the terms the Dynamo and the Virgin. What are the Dynamo and the Virgin? How do they relate to each other? What do they represent in the world? How do these ideas help Adams' create all of his theories of the world? Are these useful terms? Why/why not?
Essay Topic 2
Henry Adams travels between the United States and Europe quite frequently. How does he describe the two places in contrast with each other? How do they compare in terms of people, politics and progress?
Essay Topic 3
What advancements did Henry Adams witness that helped him define acceleration? How did acceleration affect his world and what predictions did Adams make for the future?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)