|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry Adams trying to discover in "The Grammar of Science"?
2. At the end of "The Abyss of Ignorance", how many books does Henry Adams say he will write?
3. When does Henry Adams say his education ended?
4. Who does Henry Adams say very few Americans envied?
5. Who does Henry Adams compare Theodore Roosevelt to?
Essay Topic 1
How did Henry Adams' time in England as his father's secretary shape him? How does this time count as education? What did Henry Adams learn? How did his time in England impact the rest of his future?
Essay Topic 2
Henry Adams interacted with many prominent political figures. Select three political figures from "The Education of Henry Adams" and analyze their impact on Adams' education, career and theories.
Essay Topic 3
Select four women that played a role in Henry Adams' life. How did he describe these women? How did he feel about them? What value did Henry Adams place on women? How did women impact Adams' theories of life and history?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)