|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who replaced their minister in London in "Vis Inertiae"?
2. Where did Henry Adams go in "The Dynamo and The Virgin" to try to gain knowledge?
3. In "Indian Summer", what country becomes allies with the United States in the war?
4. How old is Henry Adams in "Indian Summer"?
5. What is the principle element Henry Adams is trying to understand in "The Grammar of Science"?
Essay Topic 1
Henry Adams admits to have a Puritan background and he often reflects on centuries that have past. How does Adams' Puritan background impact his life, education and theories? What about Puritanism and past centuries attracts Henry Adams and how does this help develop his character?
Essay Topic 2
Henry Adams' Dynamic Theory of History was his most complete theory. How does the Dynamic Theory of History encompass all of Adams' ideas? What ideas in the Dynamic Theory of History seem contradictory with Adams' ideas? Trace how Adams' life experiences influenced the creation of this theory. What made the Dynamic Theory of History applicable to life and what made it unrealistic?
Essay Topic 3
Henry Adams interacted with many prominent political figures. Select three political figures from "The Education of Henry Adams" and analyze their impact on Adams' education, career and theories.
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)