|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the diplomatic crisis in "Vis Inertiae"?
2. What subject is Henry Adams going to teach?
3. In Henry Adams' dynamic theory of history, what is accomplished?
4. What is Henry Adams trying to discover in "The Grammar of Science"?
5. What does Henry Adams say Russia is represented by?
Essay Topic 1
Henry Adams' Dynamic Theory of History was his most complete theory. How does the Dynamic Theory of History encompass all of Adams' ideas? What ideas in the Dynamic Theory of History seem contradictory with Adams' ideas? Trace how Adams' life experiences influenced the creation of this theory. What made the Dynamic Theory of History applicable to life and what made it unrealistic?
Essay Topic 2
Overall, what drove Henry Adams' education? Where did he receive the most education? How did he apply his education? What did Henry Adams see for the future of education? Explain how education existed throughout the entire novel.
Essay Topic 3
The search for unity permeates this novel. What does Henry Adams mean by unity? Where does he get his ideas of unity? How does he try to find it? How does unity drive the theories of Henry Adams?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)