|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry Adams says that unity is is a scientific analysis commonly called what?
2. How does Henry Adams say his dynamic theory of history began?
3. Why did Henry Adams go to Washington, DC in "Nunc Age"?
4. How does editing the North American Review impact Henry Adams?
5. In "Twenty Years After", who is running for presidency?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Henry Adams admits to have a Puritan background and he often reflects on centuries that have past. How does Adams' Puritan background impact his life, education and theories? What about Puritanism and past centuries attracts Henry Adams and how does this help develop his character?
Essay Topic 2
Henry Adams' Dynamic Theory of History was his most complete theory. How does the Dynamic Theory of History encompass all of Adams' ideas? What ideas in the Dynamic Theory of History seem contradictory with Adams' ideas? Trace how Adams' life experiences influenced the creation of this theory. What made the Dynamic Theory of History applicable to life and what made it unrealistic?
Essay Topic 3
Henry Adams spends years attending institutions of formal education. How does Henry Adams feel about formal education? What shaped his opinions? What ways does he think of to fix what is wrong with formal education?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)