|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Indian Summer", who is chosen to be Secretary of State?
2. Henry Adams says that even though he has looked at art in Art Museums he doesn't know what?
3. What theory does Henry Adams begin to develop?
4. What does Henry Adams say Americans in the year 2000 would know how to do?
5. When Henry Adams travels to Beyreuth, what has changed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Henry Adams' Dynamic Theory of History was his most complete theory. How does the Dynamic Theory of History encompass all of Adams' ideas? What ideas in the Dynamic Theory of History seem contradictory with Adams' ideas? Trace how Adams' life experiences influenced the creation of this theory. What made the Dynamic Theory of History applicable to life and what made it unrealistic?
Essay Topic 2
Overall, what drove Henry Adams' education? Where did he receive the most education? How did he apply his education? What did Henry Adams see for the future of education? Explain how education existed throughout the entire novel.
Essay Topic 3
Henry Adams often reflected on the influence of religion. How did religion influenced Henry Adams throughout his life? How did religion help form his ideas of life and how did religion impact the development of his theories? How does Henry Adams describe religion throughout the various centuries? How did these descriptions influence Adams' ideas?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)