|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Henry Adams goes to Washington, DC in "Nunc Age", what does he note Hay needs?
2. In 1900, what was the chief interest of Washington, DC?
3. What exposition does Henry Adams attend in 1904?
4. Who does Henry Adams meet because of his work at the North American Review?
5. How does the Senate respond to Hay's actions in "Twilight"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The search for unity permeates this novel. What does Henry Adams mean by unity? Where does he get his ideas of unity? How does he try to find it? How does unity drive the theories of Henry Adams?
Essay Topic 2
Select four women that played a role in Henry Adams' life. How did he describe these women? How did he feel about them? What value did Henry Adams place on women? How did women impact Adams' theories of life and history?
Essay Topic 3
Henry Adams spent much of his life as a writer. How did Henry Adams' articles help develop his theories of the world and life? Which articles contributed most to his personal development? How did writing help/hurt his education?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)