|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry Adams have in common with his friend, Hay?
2. How does editing the North American Review impact Henry Adams?
3. What exposition does Henry Adams attend in 1904?
4. According to Henry Adams, how should a man's force be measured?
5. What subject is Henry Adams going to teach?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What advancements did Henry Adams witness that helped him define acceleration? How did acceleration affect his world and what predictions did Adams make for the future?
Essay Topic 2
Henry Adams spends years attending institutions of formal education. How does Henry Adams feel about formal education? What shaped his opinions? What ways does he think of to fix what is wrong with formal education?
Essay Topic 3
Overall, what drove Henry Adams' education? Where did he receive the most education? How did he apply his education? What did Henry Adams see for the future of education? Explain how education existed throughout the entire novel.
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)