|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kept Henry Adams in contact with society?
(a) Wenlock Abbey.
(b) Clarence King.
(c) Mrs. Cabot Lodge.
2. In "Twilight", what country does everyone want access to?
3. In "The Height of Knowledge", what happens to President McKinley?
(a) He resigns.
(b) He loses the election.
(c) He is re-elected.
(d) He is assassinated.
4. Henry Adams says that as things become more complex, they need what?
(a) A wider evaluation.
(b) A simple representation.
(c) An end.
(d) A larger synthesis.
5. In 1894, where did King induce Henry Adams to visit?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry Adams have in common with his friend, Hay?
2. In "Indian Summer", who is chosen to be Secretary of State?
3. Where does Henry Adams travel to first in "Teufelsdrtzck"?
4. What does Henry Adams say Americans in the year 2000 would know how to do?
5. In "A Dynamic Theory of History", what does Henry Adams describe as the "development and economy of forces"?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)