|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Grammar of Science", how does Henry Adams focus his exploration into how to look at the world?
2. In "A Law of Acceleration", what does Henry Adams say is the ultimate object of science?
3. In "Vis Nova", when discussing the current White House, what does Henry Adams say had no place there?
4. Where did Henry Adams go in "The Dynamo and The Virgin" to try to gain knowledge?
(a) The Great Exhibition.
(b) The Smithsonian.
(d) The Chicago Library.
5. According to Henry Adams, how should a man's force be measured?
(a) By motion.
(b) By his bank account.
(c) By other's opinions.
(d) By action.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry Adams meet because of his work at the North American Review?
2. Who kept Henry Adams in contact with society?
3. Henry Adams notes that progress is unstoppable so what is necessary?
4. In "A Law of Acceleration", what does Henry Adams say historians now ask to be?
5. When Henry Adams returns to New York in "Nunc Age", what has grown in the city?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)