|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Henry Adams say he wish he could return to see the world?
2. What is the Fortieth Parallel Survey?
(a) A historical survey.
(b) An opinon survey.
(c) A geological survey.
(d) A census.
3. In "The Height of Knowledge", what happens to President McKinley?
(a) He loses the election.
(b) He resigns.
(c) He is re-elected.
(d) He is assassinated.
4. According to Henry Adams, how should a man's force be measured?
(a) By his bank account.
(b) By motion.
(c) By action.
(d) By other's opinions.
5. What reminds Henry Adams of Darwinism in "Twilight"?
(a) His dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry Adams says that unity is is a scientific analysis commonly called what?
2. Henry Adams says that as things become more complex, they need what?
3. In "The Abyss of Ignorance", Henry Adams says that philosophers have stood where for thousands of years?
4. How does Henry Adams feel about his voyage on the Teutonic?
5. The dictionary says that inertia is a property of what?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)