|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Vis Nova", when did Henry Adams return to Washington, DC?
(a) Before Thanksgiving.
(b) In the spring.
(c) After Christmas.
(d) After the war started.
2. What reminds Henry Adams of Darwinism in "Twilight"?
(c) His dog.
3. In "A Dynamic Theory of History", what does Henry Adams describe as "anything that does, or helps to do work".
4. What countries appear poised to go to war in "Vis Nova"?
(a) Germany and France.
(b) Germany and Japan.
(c) France and Russia.
(d) Russia and Japan.
5. What did Langley teach Adams?
(a) About motors.
(b) About math.
(c) About steam power.
(d) About art.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Abyss of Ignorance", Henry Adams says that philosophers have stood where for thousands of years?
2. Henry Adams says that unity is is a scientific analysis commonly called what?
3. In "Indian Summer", what country becomes allies with the United States in the war?
4. Where does Henry Adams rent a room?
5. In 1894, where did King induce Henry Adams to visit?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)