|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of "The Grammar of Science"?
2. In 1894, where did King induce Henry Adams to visit?
3. What did Langley teach Adams?
(a) About math.
(b) About steam power.
(c) About art.
(d) About motors.
4. At the end of "The Abyss of Ignorance", how many books does Henry Adams say he will write?
5. In 1900, what was the chief interest of Washington, DC?
(a) Its recent influx of money.
(b) Its diversity of people.
(c) Its consolidation of power.
(d) Its distance from New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who replaced their minister in London in "Vis Inertiae"?
2. In "Indian Summer", who is chosen to be Secretary of State?
3. What country seems able to "roll over" Hay?
4. What subject is Henry Adams going to teach?
5. Henry Adams predicts that if science keeps doubling its complexities, what will succumb?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)