|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice, 5 short answer, and 0 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
Directions: Circle the correct answer.
1. What does Henry Adams call "the last refuge of the educated poor"?
a) The law.
b) Trade work.
d) The press.
2. How does the English Prime Minister try to turn Parliament against the United States in "Foes and Friends"?
a) With a long speech.
b) With blackmail.
c) With a note.
d) With money.
3. What did Langley teach Adams?
a) About math.
b) About art.
c) About steam power.
d) About motors.
4. How does Hay primarily use his power as Secretary of State?
a) Pushing for war.
b) Petitioning for new laws and regulations.
c) Creating treaties and alliances.
d) Taking vacations overseas.
5. Henry Adams predicts that if science...
This section contains 871 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)