|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1894, where did King induce Henry Adams to visit?
2. In "The Abyss of Ignorance", Henry Adams says that philosophers have stood where for thousands of years?
(a) On a cliff above the valley.
(b) On the shore of a sunless sea.
(c) On their toes.
(d) On the highest ground in town.
3. What does Henry Adams say 19th century society measured their progress by?
(a) Coal output.
(b) Artistic creations.
(c) Housing development.
(d) Steam use.
4. What technique does Henry Adams use to teach in "Failure"?
(a) Socratic seminars.
(c) Discovery method.
(d) Historical method.
5. What did Langley teach Adams?
(a) About steam power.
(b) About motors.
(c) About art.
(d) About math.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of "The Abyss of Ignorance", how many books does Henry Adams say he will write?
2. What war breaks out in "Indian Summer"?
3. What does Henry Adams say Americans in the year 2000 would know how to do?
4. What does Henry Adams think Russia could do because of its size?
5. What is the Fortieth Parallel Survey?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)