|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry Adams say Stockholm is pressed by?
(a) Northern ice and Russia.
(b) Glaciers and debt.
(c) Rocks and Russia.
(d) Cold and Germans.
2. What war breaks out in "Indian Summer"?
(a) The Spanish-American War.
(b) The French-Indian War.
(c) The War of 1812.
(d) World War I.
3. What does Henry Adams have in common with his friend, Hay?
(a) They both lost all their money.
(b) They both ran for political office.
(c) They both wrote about American history.
(d) They both fought in only one war.
4. In "A Dynamic Theory of History", what does Henry Adams describe as "anything that does, or helps to do work".
5. In "Silence", when does Henry Adams leave Washington, DC?
(a) When he runs out of work.
(b) When Clarence King fails.
(c) When McKinley becomes president.
(d) When the housing prices rise.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Dynamic Theory of History", what does Henry Adams describe as the "development and economy of forces"?
2. In "The Height of Knowledge", what happens to President McKinley?
3. In "Twenty Years After", when Henry Adams is ill in London, how does he describe his "old" education?
4. In "Indian Summer", what country becomes allies with the United States in the war?
5. In Henry Adams' dynamic theory of history, what is accomplished?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)