|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Henry Adams go in "The Dynamo and The Virgin" to try to gain knowledge?
(a) The Chicago Library.
(b) The Smithsonian.
(d) The Great Exhibition.
2. Henry Adams likens men and theories to what?
(a) A butterfly in a cocoon.
(b) A man in danger.
(c) A spider in a web.
(d) A mouse in a hole.
3. In "Twenty Years After", when Henry Adams is ill in London, how does he describe his "old" education?
(a) Faulty and ill constructed.
(b) Hard to apply and worthless.
(c) Boring and slow.
(d) Poor and difficult.
4. In 1894, where did King induce Henry Adams to visit?
5. Who does Henry Adams say very few Americans envied?
(a) The royalty.
(b) The very rich.
(c) The very poor.
(d) The politicians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What theory does Henry Adams begin to develop?
2. What does Clarence King do in Arizona?
3. What is the diplomatic crisis in "Vis Inertiae"?
4. How does editing the North American Review impact Henry Adams?
5. What technique does Henry Adams use to teach in "Failure"?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)