|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Twenty Years After", Henry Adams says the world is no longer what?
2. Henry Adams predicts that if science keeps doubling its complexities, what will succumb?
3. Henry Adams likens men and theories to what?
(a) A butterfly in a cocoon.
(b) A mouse in a hole.
(c) A man in danger.
(d) A spider in a web.
4. What did Henry Adams see the dynamo as a symbol of?
5. What technique does Henry Adams use to teach in "Failure"?
(a) Socratic seminars.
(b) Discovery method.
(c) Historical method.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Twenty Years After", who is running for presidency?
2. What is the Fortieth Parallel Survey?
3. What exposition does Henry Adams attend in 1904?
4. In "A Dynamic Theory of History", what does Henry Adams describe as the "development and economy of forces"?
5. What countries appear poised to go to war in "Vis Nova"?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)