|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Henry Adams travel in "The Abyss of Ignorance"?
2. How old is Henry Adams in "Indian Summer"?
3. In "The Abyss of Ignorance", Henry Adams says that philosophers have stood where for thousands of years?
(a) On their toes.
(b) On the highest ground in town.
(c) On a cliff above the valley.
(d) On the shore of a sunless sea.
4. How does Henry Adams say his dynamic theory of history began?
(a) With little hope.
(b) With a dream.
(c) With a question.
(d) With an observation.
5. What war breaks out in "Indian Summer"?
(a) World War I.
(b) The Spanish-American War.
(c) The War of 1812.
(d) The French-Indian War.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reminds Henry Adams of Darwinism in "Twilight"?
2. In "A Law of Acceleration", what does Henry Adams say is the ultimate object of science?
3. When does Henry Adams say he wish he could return to see the world?
4. Who kept Henry Adams in contact with society?
5. What does Hay's work as Secretary of State remind Henry Adams?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)