|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Henry Adams, how should a man's force be measured?
(a) By motion.
(b) By his bank account.
(c) By other's opinions.
(d) By action.
2. What exposition does Henry Adams attend in 1904?
(a) Chicago Exposition.
(b) St. Louis Exposition.
(c) Detroit Exposition.
(d) New York Exposition.
3. What does the war in "Indian Summer" make Henry Adams wonder about?
(a) If unity is possible.
(b) The development of weapons.
(c) How to spend his leisure time.
(d) If Canada will be next.
4. What does Henry Adams say Americans in the year 2000 would know how to do?
(a) Unify complex thought.
(b) Control unlimited power.
(c) Read scientific theories.
(d) Fly planes.
5. Henry Adams says that even though he has looked at art in Art Museums he doesn't know what?
(a) How to analyze art.
(b) How to make his own art.
(c) How to buy art as an investment.
(d) How to look at art exhibits in 1900.
Short Answer Questions
1. The dictionary says that inertia is a property of what?
2. In "The Abyss of Ignorance", Henry Adams says that philosophers have stood where for thousands of years?
3. Henry Adams likens men and theories to what?
4. Henry Adams says that as things become more complex, they need what?
5. In "A Dynamic Theory of History", what does Henry Adams describe as the "development and economy of forces"?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)