|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Law of Acceleration", what does Henry Adams say historians now ask to be?
2. In "The Height of Knowledge", what happens to President McKinley?
(a) He is re-elected.
(b) He is assassinated.
(c) He loses the election.
(d) He resigns.
3. Henry Adams likens men and theories to what?
(a) A butterfly in a cocoon.
(b) A spider in a web.
(c) A man in danger.
(d) A mouse in a hole.
4. In "Twenty Years After", Henry Adams says the world is no longer what?
5. Henry Adams says that even though he has looked at art in Art Museums he doesn't know what?
(a) How to buy art as an investment.
(b) How to look at art exhibits in 1900.
(c) How to make his own art.
(d) How to analyze art.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry Adams feel about his voyage on the Teutonic?
2. What subject is Henry Adams going to teach?
3. Henry Adams notes that progress is unstoppable so what is necessary?
4. In "Vis Nova", when discussing the current White House, what does Henry Adams say had no place there?
5. In "Twenty Years After", when Henry Adams is ill in London, how does he describe his "old" education?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)