|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Henry Adams returns to New York in "Nunc Age", what has grown in the city?
2. How is "The Grammar of Science" described to Henry Adams?
3. Who does Henry Adams say very few Americans envied?
(a) The royalty.
(b) The politicians.
(c) The very poor.
(d) The very rich.
4. What is the Fortieth Parallel Survey?
(a) A geological survey.
(b) A historical survey.
(c) An opinon survey.
(d) A census.
5. What image does Henry Adams say is needed in "A Law of Acceleration"?
(a) A new centre.
(b) A new leader.
(c) A new bridge.
(d) A new history.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Henry Adams see the dynamo as a symbol of?
2. What country seems able to "roll over" Hay?
3. In "A Law of Acceleration", what does Henry Adams say is the ultimate object of science?
4. Henry Adams predicts that if science keeps doubling its complexities, what will succumb?
5. Where does Henry Adams travel to first in "Teufelsdrtzck"?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)