|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Henry Adams trying to discover in "The Grammar of Science"?
(a) Something unifying.
(b) Something to further the complexities.
(c) Something revolutionary.
(d) Something to end war.
2. At the end of "The Abyss of Ignorance", how many books does Henry Adams say he will write?
3. When does Henry Adams say his education ended?
4. Who does Henry Adams say very few Americans envied?
(a) The very rich.
(b) The very poor.
(c) The royalty.
(d) The politicians.
5. Who does Henry Adams compare Theodore Roosevelt to?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry Adams say his dynamic theory of history began?
2. How does Henry Adams say America takes tragedy in "The Height of Knowledge"?
3. What does Henry Adams think Russia could do because of its size?
4. How does the Senate respond to Hay's actions in "Twilight"?
5. According to Henry Adams, how should a man's force be measured?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)