|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reminds Henry Adams of Darwinism in "Twilight"?
(d) His dog.
2. In "The Height of Knowledge", what happens to President McKinley?
(a) He resigns.
(b) He is assassinated.
(c) He is re-elected.
(d) He loses the election.
3. What image does Henry Adams say is needed in "A Law of Acceleration"?
(a) A new bridge.
(b) A new leader.
(c) A new centre.
(d) A new history.
4. In 1900, what was the chief interest of Washington, DC?
(a) Its diversity of people.
(b) Its consolidation of power.
(c) Its distance from New York.
(d) Its recent influx of money.
5. In "Twenty Years After", when Henry Adams is ill in London, how does he describe his "old" education?
(a) Faulty and ill constructed.
(b) Hard to apply and worthless.
(c) Poor and difficult.
(d) Boring and slow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the principle element Henry Adams is trying to understand in "The Grammar of Science"?
2. What is the Fortieth Parallel Survey?
3. In 1894, where did King induce Henry Adams to visit?
4. What failure does Henry Adams attempt to analyze in "Silence"?
5. What subject is Henry Adams going to teach?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)