|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry Adams feel about his voyage on the Teutonic?
(a) He says it is a technological marvel.
(b) He says he is suprised it floats.
(c) He says it was too long.
(d) He says it was a sign of the past.
2. What century does Henry Adams consider using to measure his own time in history?
3. Why did Henry Adams go to Washington, DC in "Nunc Age"?
(a) To avoid wealthy people.
(b) To start a new job.
(c) To petition Congress.
(d) To wait for the end.
4. What country seems able to "roll over" Hay?
5. According to Henry Adams, how should a man's force be measured?
(a) By motion.
(b) By his bank account.
(c) By action.
(d) By other's opinions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry Adams trying to discover in "The Grammar of Science"?
2. What does Henry Adams think Russia could do because of its size?
3. What reminds Henry Adams of Darwinism in "Twilight"?
4. In 1894, where did King induce Henry Adams to visit?
5. What does Henry Adams say Americans in the year 2000 would know how to do?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)