|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the war in "Indian Summer" make Henry Adams wonder about?
(a) How to spend his leisure time.
(b) If Canada will be next.
(c) The development of weapons.
(d) If unity is possible.
2. Henry Adams says that as things become more complex, they need what?
(a) An end.
(b) A wider evaluation.
(c) A larger synthesis.
(d) A simple representation.
3. In "A Law of Acceleration", what does Henry Adams say historians now ask to be?
4. In "Vis Nova", when did Henry Adams return to Washington, DC?
(a) After Christmas.
(b) Before Thanksgiving.
(c) After the war started.
(d) In the spring.
5. What is Henry Adams trying to discover in "The Grammar of Science"?
(a) Something revolutionary.
(b) Something to end war.
(c) Something to further the complexities.
(d) Something unifying.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Dynamic Theory of History", what does Henry Adams describe as "anything that does, or helps to do work".
2. When Henry Adams travels during "Silence", what does he mostly think about?
3. What does Henry Adams say Stockholm is pressed by?
4. What thought does Henry Adams distrust?
5. Where does Henry Adams travel to first in "Teufelsdrtzck"?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)