|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After reading "The Grammar of Science", how does Henry Adams describe the book?
(a) Behind the times.
(c) A waste of money.
(d) Confusing and convoluted.
2. What image does Henry Adams say is needed in "A Law of Acceleration"?
(a) A new history.
(b) A new bridge.
(c) A new leader.
(d) A new centre.
3. Who does Henry Adams say very few Americans envied?
(a) The politicians.
(b) The royalty.
(c) The very rich.
(d) The very poor.
4. How does Henry Adams describe "The Woman" in America?
5. What exposition does Henry Adams attend in 1904?
(a) New York Exposition.
(b) St. Louis Exposition.
(c) Chicago Exposition.
(d) Detroit Exposition.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of "The Abyss of Ignorance", how many books does Henry Adams say he will write?
2. What century does Henry Adams consider using to measure his own time in history?
3. In "The Abyss of Ignorance", Henry Adams says that philosophers have stood where for thousands of years?
4. How does editing the North American Review impact Henry Adams?
5. When traveling with Mrs. Lodge, what does Henry Adams decide to label himself as?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)