|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry Adams have in common with his friend, Hay?
(a) They both wrote about American history.
(b) They both ran for political office.
(c) They both lost all their money.
(d) They both fought in only one war.
2. What war breaks out in "Indian Summer"?
(a) The Spanish-American War.
(b) The War of 1812.
(c) The French-Indian War.
(d) World War I.
3. In "A Dynamic Theory of History", Henry Adams says that in the past man was attracted to what energy and force?
4. In 1894, where did King induce Henry Adams to visit?
5. Who kept Henry Adams in contact with society?
(a) Wenlock Abbey.
(b) Mrs. Cabot Lodge.
(c) Clarence King.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clarence King do in Arizona?
2. Who is the author of "The Grammar of Science"?
3. What does Henry Adams compare the passing of centuries to in "Vis Nova"?
4. In "The Grammar of Science", how does Henry Adams focus his exploration into how to look at the world?
5. In "A Dynamic Theory of History", what does Henry Adams describe as the "development and economy of forces"?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)