|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry Adams say his dynamic theory of history began?
(a) With a question.
(b) With little hope.
(c) With a dream.
(d) With an observation.
2. When does Henry Adams say he wish he could return to see the world?
3. In "A Dynamic Theory of History", what does Henry Adams describe as the "development and economy of forces"?
4. What country seems able to "roll over" Hay?
5. How old is Henry Adams in "Indian Summer"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry Adams says that as things become more complex, they need what?
2. When Henry Adams travels to Beyreuth, what has changed?
3. How does Henry Adams describe "The Woman" in America?
4. How does Hay primarily use his power as Secretary of State?
5. At the end of "The Abyss of Ignorance", how many books does Henry Adams say he will write?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)