|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 31, how does Henry Adams say he feels?
2. When Henry Adams travels during "Silence", what does he mostly think about?
(a) How nature is the real solution.
(b) How generous people are.
(c) How improved his life is.
(d) How everything is falling apart.
3. What image does Henry Adams say is needed in "A Law of Acceleration"?
(a) A new leader.
(b) A new history.
(c) A new bridge.
(d) A new centre.
4. What does Clarence King do in Arizona?
(b) Write a book.
(c) Raise horses.
(d) Teach at a new college.
5. What does Henry Adams say Americans in the year 2000 would know how to do?
(a) Unify complex thought.
(b) Fly planes.
(c) Read scientific theories.
(d) Control unlimited power.
Short Answer Questions
1. The dictionary says that inertia is a property of what?
2. Henry Adams notes that progress is unstoppable so what is necessary?
3. In "A Law of Acceleration", what does Henry Adams say historians now ask to be?
4. When traveling with Mrs. Lodge, what does Henry Adams decide to label himself as?
5. According to Henry Adams, how should a man's force be measured?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)