|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Langley teach Adams?
(a) About art.
(b) About motors.
(c) About math.
(d) About steam power.
2. When Henry Adams returns to New York in "Nunc Age", what has grown in the city?
3. What does Henry Adams say 19th century society measured their progress by?
(a) Artistic creations.
(b) Housing development.
(c) Steam use.
(d) Coal output.
4. In "Twenty Years After", Henry Adams says the world is no longer what?
5. What is the principle element Henry Adams is trying to understand in "The Grammar of Science"?
(a) Accelerating technological progress.
(b) Unity among chaos.
(c) The Virgin as progress.
(d) Inertia as a movement of matter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry Adams say America takes tragedy in "The Height of Knowledge"?
2. What technique does Henry Adams use to teach in "Failure"?
3. According to Henry Adams in "Vis Inertiae", what do all minds do?
4. According to Henry Adams, how should a man's force be measured?
5. What century does Henry Adams consider using to measure his own time in history?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)