|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Free Fight", why did the Executive Branch attack the Supreme Court?
(a) Legal Tender.
(b) Frank Waller.
(c) Gold Standard.
(d) Term Limits.
2. How are foreigners treated in English society?
(a) They are snubbed.
(b) They are tested.
(c) They are welcomed.
(d) They are examined closely.
3. At the end of "Chaos", what will Henry Adams position at North American Review be?
(c) Staff writer.
4. After spending time in Europe, what does Henry Adams decide to do with this part of his education?
(a) End it and travel to Asia.
(b) Continue it for six more months.
(c) End it and return home.
(d) Value it above all the other parts.
5. What does Henry Adams begin to collect in "Dilettamtism"?
(a) Ancient artifacts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What English company builds Ironclad rams?
2. In "Treason", who does Henry Adams say needs an education?
3. What almost killed Henry Adams when he was eight?
4. How did C.F. Adams' success in the Battle of the Rams impact his and Henry Adams' lives?
5. How does Henry Adams describe English society in "The Perfection of Human Society"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Henry Adams take an interest in statistics?
2. What makes Henry Adams feel that no art authority knows more than he does?
3. What does Henry Adams think about after learning of Hay's death?
4. Why is Charles Sumner a hero to Henry Adams?
5. What fault does Henry Adams find with Pascal's "Ennui"?
6. What disappoints Henry Adams about President Grant?
7. How does Henry Adams teach his classes at Harvard and why?
8. How does Thurlow Weed create the "best outcomes" in politics that Henry Adams looks up to?
9. What makes the building of ironclad rams in England controversial?
10. In "Twilight", what makes Henry Adams feel that his generation seems to be ending?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)