|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Henry Adams go to find work in "The Press"?
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) New York City.
2. What does Henry Adams do to learn German in "Berlin"?
(a) Gets a job in Germany.
(b) Hires a tutor.
(c) Works alone using a book.
(d) Registers at a high school.
3. What problem does Henry Adams try to solve with Everts?
(a) The problem of Legal Tender.
(b) The problem of Investor Relations.
(c) The problem of Foreign Press.
(d) The problem of the Stock Market.
4. What part of Lyell's principles does Henry Adam's get stuck on in "Darwinism"?
(a) Glacier Theory.
(b) Uniform evolution.
(c) Backwards evolution.
(d) Mutation Theory.
5. How do the English feel about the Civil War?
(a) They say they will form an alliance with whoever wins.
(b) They have no public opinion.
(c) They are against the Union.
(d) They are in favor of the Union.
Short Answer Questions
1. What political party does Henry Adams' father found?
2. In "Boston", why did Henry Adams say he hates school?
3. When Henry Adams returns to Boston in "Free Fight", what part of the scandal does he choose to write about?
4. What does Henry Adams begin to collect in "Dilettamtism"?
5. Who publishes Henry Adams' articles on U.S. finance in "Darwinism"?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of "Political Morality", why is Henry Adams left confused about Russell and Palmerston?
2. Why does Henry Adams receive little education in "Treason"?
3. How does Henry Adams define the role of the church and what it condemned in "A Dynamic Theory of History"?
4. What happens when Henry Adams goes on the Fortieth Parallel Survey?
5. Why did Henry Adams take an interest in statistics?
6. How does Henry Adams describe Theodore Roosevelt in "The Height of Knowledge"?
7. In "Twenty Years After", how does Henry Adams describe Washington, DC?
8. What does Henry Adams say about impossibilities and his life in "A Law of Acceleration"?
9. In "Twilight", what makes Henry Adams feel that his generation seems to be ending?
10. According to Henry Adams, what are "The Dynamo and The Virgin"?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)