|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Henry Adams and his sister travel as soon as the armistice is declared?
2. What does Henry Adams begin to think about all politicians in "Political Morality"?
(a) That they are dishonest.
(b) That they are elite.
(c) That they are uneducated.
(d) That they are too educated.
3. What English company builds Ironclad rams?
(b) Russell, Inc.
4. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
(a) It is lost in the mail.
(b) It is printed by a paper and satarized.
(c) It is read by his father instead.
(d) It is turned into anti-war propaganda.
5. After Henry Adams moves to Dresden, which two countries start a war?
(a) Italy and France.
(b) Germany and France.
(c) Russia and Germany.
(d) The United States and Japan.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry Adams interact with the elite society in "Foes and Friends"?
2. What does Henry Adams feel correlates with the winter?
3. What position does Henry Adams obtain at Harvard?
4. In "Boston", why did Henry Adams say he hates school?
5. In "Eccentricity", what does Henry Adams say is the beginning and end of political education?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Henry Adams involved in the battle between the Supreme Court and Executive Branch in "Free Fight"?
2. What does Henry Adams say will come of his meeting with Charles and Mrs. Gaskill?
3. According to Henry Adams, what are "The Dynamo and The Virgin"?
4. In "Diplomacy", what surprised Henry Adams about they way he was welcomed to England?
5. How does C.F. Adams defeat Lord Russell?
6. How does Henry Adams define the role of the church and what it condemned in "A Dynamic Theory of History"?
7. What is Hugh McCullogh doing in "The Press" that impresses Henry Adams?
8. In "Vis Nova", how does Henry Adams describe the "new American" found in the midwest?
9. What happened to Henry Adams' political biases at Harvard?
10. How does Thurlow Weed create the "best outcomes" in politics that Henry Adams looks up to?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)