|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What career does Henry Adams try to return to, but can't, in "Indian Summer"?
2. Where does Henry Adams rent a room?
(d) New York City.
3. What is the principle element Henry Adams is trying to understand in "The Grammar of Science"?
(a) Inertia as a movement of matter.
(b) The Virgin as progress.
(c) Accelerating technological progress.
(d) Unity among chaos.
4. Where does Henry Adams travel to first in "Teufelsdrtzck"?
5. In "Indian Summer", what country becomes allies with the United States in the war?
6. Henry Adams notes that progress is unstoppable so what is necessary?
(a) A new education.
(b) More electricity.
(c) A way to relax.
(d) Social programs for the poor.
7. In "A Law of Acceleration", what does Henry Adams say is the ultimate object of science?
8. What subject is Henry Adams going to teach?
(b) Literature of the Middle Ages.
(c) History of the Middle Ages.
9. What is the diplomatic crisis in "Vis Inertiae"?
(a) Trade with Russia.
(b) Access to China.
(c) War with France.
(d) Travel to Germany.
10. What did Langley teach Adams?
(a) About motors.
(b) About math.
(c) About steam power.
(d) About art.
11. What exposition does Henry Adams attend in 1904?
(a) St. Louis Exposition.
(b) New York Exposition.
(c) Detroit Exposition.
(d) Chicago Exposition.
12. In "Twenty Years After", who is running for presidency?
13. In 1894, where did King induce Henry Adams to visit?
14. What technique does Henry Adams use to teach in "Failure"?
(a) Socratic seminars.
(c) Discovery method.
(d) Historical method.
15. How old is Henry Adams in "Indian Summer"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Twilight", what country does everyone want access to?
2. In "The Height of Knowledge", what happens to President McKinley?
3. In "Twilight", what does Henry Adams study?
4. What failure does Henry Adams attempt to analyze in "Silence"?
5. In the beginning of Chapter 31, how does Henry Adams say he feels?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)