|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Henry Adams rent a room?
(b) New York City.
2. Where does Henry Adams travel to first in "Teufelsdrtzck"?
3. What war breaks out in "Indian Summer"?
(a) World War I.
(b) The Spanish-American War.
(c) The War of 1812.
(d) The French-Indian War.
4. When traveling with Mrs. Lodge, what does Henry Adams decide to label himself as?
(a) A Conservative Christian Anarchist.
(b) A Liberal Christian Anarchist.
(c) A Conservate Catholic Anarchist.
(d) A Liberal Catholic Anarchist.
5. In "The Height of Knowledge", what happens to President McKinley?
(a) He resigns.
(b) He loses the election.
(c) He is re-elected.
(d) He is assassinated.
6. Who does Henry Adams meet because of his work at the North American Review?
(a) All the senators.
(b) Frank Welch.
(c) Frank Emmons.
(d) Clarence King.
7. In "Twilight", what country does everyone want access to?
8. Why did Henry Adams go to Washington, DC in "Nunc Age"?
(a) To start a new job.
(b) To avoid wealthy people.
(c) To wait for the end.
(d) To petition Congress.
9. What is Henry Adams trying to discover in "The Grammar of Science"?
(a) Something unifying.
(b) Something to end war.
(c) Something revolutionary.
(d) Something to further the complexities.
10. What does Hay's work as Secretary of State remind Henry Adams?
11. How does Henry Adams feel about his voyage on the Teutonic?
(a) He says he is suprised it floats.
(b) He says it was a sign of the past.
(c) He says it was too long.
(d) He says it is a technological marvel.
12. What is the diplomatic crisis in "Vis Inertiae"?
(a) Trade with Russia.
(b) Travel to Germany.
(c) Access to China.
(d) War with France.
13. The dictionary says that inertia is a property of what?
14. How is "The Grammar of Science" described to Henry Adams?
15. In "The Grammar of Science", how does Henry Adams focus his exploration into how to look at the world?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry Adams think Russia could do because of its size?
2. How does Henry Adams describe "The Woman" in America?
3. Henry Adams likens men and theories to what?
4. In "Silence", when does Henry Adams leave Washington, DC?
5. In "Indian Summer", what country becomes allies with the United States in the war?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)