|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
Directions: Circle the correct answer.
1. How does Henry Adams describe the bankers he works with in "The Press"?
a) Narrow-minded and inflexible.
b) Worldly and experienced.
c) Well-educated but dull.
d) Slow-witted but well meaning.
2. What does Henry Adams compare the passing of centuries to in "Vis Nova"?
a) Autumn leaves dropping.
b) The tide rising and falling.
c) Snow falling.
d) Flowers wilting.
3. What part of Lyell's principles does Henry Adam's get stuck on in "Darwinism"?
a) Mutation Theory.
b) Uniform evolution.
c) Backwards evolution.
d) Glacier Theory.
4. The dictionary says that inertia is a property of what?
5. In "Free Fight", why did the Executive Branch attack the Supreme Court?
This section contains 497 words|
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)