|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What exposition does Henry Adams attend in 1904?
(a) Detroit Exposition.
(b) St. Louis Exposition.
(c) New York Exposition.
(d) Chicago Exposition.
2. What career does Henry Adams try to return to, but can't, in "Indian Summer"?
3. Why did Henry Adams go to Washington, DC in "Nunc Age"?
(a) To start a new job.
(b) To avoid wealthy people.
(c) To wait for the end.
(d) To petition Congress.
4. How is "The Grammar of Science" described to Henry Adams?
5. According to Henry Adams in "Vis Inertiae", what do all minds do?
6. In the beginning of Chapter 31, how does Henry Adams say he feels?
7. What does Henry Adams say Stockholm is pressed by?
(a) Glaciers and debt.
(b) Cold and Germans.
(c) Rocks and Russia.
(d) Northern ice and Russia.
8. Who does Henry Adams say very few Americans envied?
(a) The very poor.
(b) The politicians.
(c) The very rich.
(d) The royalty.
9. What does Hay's work as Secretary of State remind Henry Adams?
10. Where does Henry Adams rent a room?
(c) New York City.
11. Where does Henry Adams travel in "The Abyss of Ignorance"?
12. At the end of "The Abyss of Ignorance", how many books does Henry Adams say he will write?
13. In "A Law of Acceleration", what does Henry Adams say is the ultimate object of science?
14. How old is Henry Adams in "Indian Summer"?
15. How does Henry Adams feel about his voyage on the Teutonic?
(a) He says he is suprised it floats.
(b) He says it was too long.
(c) He says it was a sign of the past.
(d) He says it is a technological marvel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who replaced their minister in London in "Vis Inertiae"?
2. Who kept Henry Adams in contact with society?
3. What century does Henry Adams consider using to measure his own time in history?
4. Henry Adams says that unity is is a scientific analysis commonly called what?
5. Henry Adams says that even though he has looked at art in Art Museums he doesn't know what?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)