|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Twenty Years After", who is running for presidency?
2. How does the Senate respond to Hay's actions in "Twilight"?
(a) They oppose him.
(b) They ignore him.
(c) They question him.
(d) They support him.
3. How does Henry Adams say his dynamic theory of history began?
(a) With a question.
(b) With a dream.
(c) With an observation.
(d) With little hope.
4. What does Henry Adams say Americans in the year 2000 would know how to do?
(a) Read scientific theories.
(b) Control unlimited power.
(c) Unify complex thought.
(d) Fly planes.
5. In "A Law of Acceleration", what does Henry Adams say historians now ask to be?
6. In "Indian Summer", what country becomes allies with the United States in the war?
7. In Henry Adams' dynamic theory of history, what is accomplished?
(a) New forces and innovations.
(b) Inertia and movement.
(c) Revolutions and progress.
(d) Work and progress.
8. What theory does Henry Adams begin to develop?
(a) Theory of force.
(b) Theory of inerta.
(c) Theory of gravity.
(d) Theory of movement.
9. Henry Adams notes that progress is unstoppable so what is necessary?
(a) A new education.
(b) Social programs for the poor.
(c) More electricity.
(d) A way to relax.
10. At the end of "The Abyss of Ignorance", how many books does Henry Adams say he will write?
11. When does Henry Adams say he wish he could return to see the world?
12. What does Henry Adams compare the passing of centuries to in "Vis Nova"?
(a) The tide rising and falling.
(b) Flowers wilting.
(c) Autumn leaves dropping.
(d) Snow falling.
13. How is "The Grammar of Science" described to Henry Adams?
14. When Henry Adams travels during "Silence", what does he mostly think about?
(a) How nature is the real solution.
(b) How generous people are.
(c) How improved his life is.
(d) How everything is falling apart.
15. When Henry Adams returns to New York in "Nunc Age", what has grown in the city?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Grammar of Science", how does Henry Adams focus his exploration into how to look at the world?
2. Henry Adams says that unity is is a scientific analysis commonly called what?
3. How old is Henry Adams in "Indian Summer"?
4. In "A Dynamic Theory of History", Henry Adams says that in the past man was attracted to what energy and force?
5. What does Clarence King do in Arizona?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)