|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Free Fight", why did the Executive Branch attack the Supreme Court?
(a) Legal Tender.
(b) Gold Standard.
(c) Term Limits.
(d) Frank Waller.
2. How does Henry Adams feel about society in England?
(a) He worships it.
(b) He says there are too many rules.
(c) He sees no point in it.
(d) He thinks it is classier than American society.
3. How long did the Adams go to Italy for?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Six months.
(d) One month.
4. At the end of "Chaos", what will Henry Adams position at North American Review be?
(d) Staff writer.
5. After Henry Adams meets President Grant, what does he compare the president to?
(a) A star.
(b) A homeless man.
(c) A caveman.
(d) A goat.
6. In "Eccentricity", how does Henry Adams describe Bright?
7. In "President Grant", what paper does Henry Adams write finance articles for in an attempt to get on staff?
(a) North American Review.
(b) Edinburgh Review.
(c) Washington Review.
(d) Mid-American Review.
8. In "Chaos", what countries go to war?
(a) Italy and Germany.
(b) Russia and Italy.
(c) France and Germany.
(d) Germany and Ireland.
9. What position does Henry Adams obtain at Harvard?
(a) Class President.
(b) Class Orator.
(c) Resident Advisor.
(d) Dean of Admissions.
10. Why were Confederate cruisers able to escape British waters?
(a) Because Lord Russell told them to.
(b) Because C.F. Adams made a mistake.
(c) Because Lord Russell delayed action.
(d) Because C.F. Adams distracted the guards.
11. In "The Battle of the Rams", how is C.F. Adams' relationship with Lord Russell described?
12. Who publishes Henry Adams' finished piece on the Gould scandal?
(a) English Monthly.
(b) North American Review.
(c) New York Times.
(d) Edinburgh Review.
13. Who publishes Henry Adams' articles on U.S. finance in "Darwinism"?
(a) Darwin Times.
(b) Harvard Weekly.
(c) Wall Street Journal.
(d) North American Review.
14. Who is the English Foreign Secretary?
(a) Lord Russell.
(b) Charles Adams.
(c) Lord Palmerston.
(d) Lord Cambridge.
15. After returning from Europe, how does Henry Adams see the people of Washington, DC?
(a) Everyone seems confused.
(b) Everyone seems ignorant.
(c) Everyone seems to be anti-slavery.
(d) Everyone seems changed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry Adams feel that study of the Law is closed to him?
2. What does Henry Adams begin to collect in "Dilettamtism"?
3. Who does Henry Adams write a few articles for?
4. Where does Henry Adams live in "President Grant"?
5. What do people hope Grant will do as president of the United States?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)