|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 A Law of Acceleration (1904).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the principle element Henry Adams is trying to understand in "The Grammar of Science"?
(a) The Virgin as progress.
(b) Unity among chaos.
(c) Accelerating technological progress.
(d) Inertia as a movement of matter.
2. Who did the Lairds choose to represent them?
(d) C.F. Adams.
3. Henry Adams says that even though he has looked at art in Art Museums he doesn't know what?
(a) How to buy art as an investment.
(b) How to look at art exhibits in 1900.
(c) How to analyze art.
(d) How to make his own art.
4. In "Eccentricity", what does Henry Adams say is the beginning and end of political education?
(a) Time spent in Paris.
(b) The habits of the English.
(c) Knowledge of human nature.
(d) Knowing how to properly bribe.
5. Who is John Hay when Henry Adams first meets him?
(a) A young, private secretary.
(b) A new congressman.
(c) A teacher.
(d) An old newspaper reporter.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Grammar of Science", how does Henry Adams focus his exploration into how to look at the world?
2. In "Political Morality", what position is Henry Adams almost promoted to?
3. What turned the Civil War in favor of the Union?
4. Who does Henry Adams say very few Americans envied?
5. When does Henry Adams say his education ended?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)