|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 A Law of Acceleration (1904).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Henry Adams in Chapter 12, who seems to be eccentric?
(a) His new group of artist friends.
(b) The Confederates.
(c) Nearly everyone in England.
(d) The Lords and Ladies.
2. What part of Lyell's principles does Henry Adam's get stuck on in "Darwinism"?
(a) Mutation Theory.
(b) Backwards evolution.
(c) Uniform evolution.
(d) Glacier Theory.
3. In "Political Morality", what position is Henry Adams almost promoted to?
(a) Head of the Legation.
(b) Assistant Secretary.
(c) Speaker of the Legation.
(d) Associate Secretary.
4. Who else is involved in Henry Adams' journalistic investigation of the Gould scandal?
(a) C.F. Adams.
(b) Brooks Adams.
(c) Frank Waller.
(d) Henry Boutwell.
5. What position does Henry Adams obtain at Harvard?
(a) Class Orator.
(b) Resident Advisor.
(c) Class President.
(d) Dean of Admissions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What exposition does Henry Adams attend in 1904?
2. What does Henry Adams think Russia could do because of its size?
3. Where does Henry Adams go to find work in "The Press"?
4. At the end of "Chaos", what will Henry Adams position at North American Review be?
5. In "The Battle of the Rams", why does Lord Russell often say he can not intervene?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)