|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 A Law of Acceleration (1904).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who publishes Henry Adams' articles on U.S. finance in "Darwinism"?
(a) Darwin Times.
(b) Wall Street Journal.
(c) Harvard Weekly.
(d) North American Review.
2. What position does Lincoln give Charles Francis Adams?
(a) Personal assistant.
(b) Secretary of State.
(c) Supreme Court Justice.
(d) Minister to England.
3. Trying to stop the English constructed rams is called what type of battle in "The Battle of the Rams"?
(a) The only battle.
(b) A military battle.
(c) A silent battle.
(d) A diplomatic battle.
4. Where is Henry Adams celebrated in "The Battle of the Rams"?
(a) At a reception held by Milnes.
(b) At the local pub.
(c) Only in the United States.
(d) In Lord Russell's office.
5. In the beginning of Chapter 31, how does Henry Adams say he feels?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Dynamic Theory of History", what does Henry Adams describe as "anything that does, or helps to do work".
2. After reading "The Grammar of Science", how does Henry Adams describe the book?
3. At the end of "The Abyss of Ignorance", how many books does Henry Adams say he will write?
4. How long did the Adams go to Italy for?
5. Who did William Gladstone try to include in his support of the South?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)