|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 A Law of Acceleration (1904).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do people hope Grant will do as president of the United States?
(a) Reform the government.
(b) Give money to the poor.
(c) Improve the infrastructure.
(d) Lower taxes.
2. What theory does Henry Adams begin to develop?
(a) Theory of gravity.
(b) Theory of movement.
(c) Theory of force.
(d) Theory of inerta.
3. In "Silence", when does Henry Adams leave Washington, DC?
(a) When McKinley becomes president.
(b) When he runs out of work.
(c) When the housing prices rise.
(d) When Clarence King fails.
4. In "The Perfection of Human Society", how does Henry Adams describe society that has no unity?
(a) It's like children running the government.
(b) It's like loose dogs in the street.
(c) It's like a maggot in cheese.
(d) It's like frogs that wandered into a pub.
5. What does Henry Adams say Stockholm is pressed by?
(a) Cold and Germans.
(b) Glaciers and debt.
(c) Rocks and Russia.
(d) Northern ice and Russia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Henry Adams rent a room?
2. What new age does Henry Adams find when he returns to the United States in "The Press"?
3. Why does Henry Adams feel that study of the Law is closed to him?
4. In "Eccentricity", what does Henry Adams say is the beginning and end of political education?
5. After Henry Adams moves to Dresden, which two countries start a war?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)