|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 A Law of Acceleration (1904).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry Adams think Russia could do because of its size?
(a) Crush other cultures and countries.
(b) Build the longest railway in the world.
(c) Run out of money to support its citizens.
(d) Manufacture all its own goods.
2. What does Henry Adams say Russia is represented by?
3. What political party does Henry Adams' father found?
(a) Free Soil Party.
(b) Bostonian Party.
(c) Republican Party.
(d) Abolitionist Party.
4. Who kept Henry Adams in contact with society?
(a) Mrs. Cabot Lodge.
(b) Clarence King.
(c) Wenlock Abbey.
5. Who publishes Henry Adams' articles on U.S. finance in "Darwinism"?
(a) Wall Street Journal.
(b) Darwin Times.
(c) Harvard Weekly.
(d) North American Review.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Henry Adams and his sister travel as soon as the armistice is declared?
2. What problem does Henry Adams try to solve with Everts?
3. During Chapter 2, "Boston", what plays the biggest role in Henry Adams' education?
4. What did Langley teach Adams?
5. In "Free Fight", why did the Executive Branch attack the Supreme Court?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)