|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 A Law of Acceleration (1904).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Dynamic Theory of History", Henry Adams says that in the past man was attracted to what energy and force?
2. What does Henry Adams say Stockholm is pressed by?
(a) Cold and Germans.
(b) Northern ice and Russia.
(c) Rocks and Russia.
(d) Glaciers and debt.
3. Trying to stop the English constructed rams is called what type of battle in "The Battle of the Rams"?
(a) A military battle.
(b) A silent battle.
(c) A diplomatic battle.
(d) The only battle.
4. In "A Law of Acceleration", what does Henry Adams say is the ultimate object of science?
5. How does Henry Adams feel about society in England?
(a) He worships it.
(b) He thinks it is classier than American society.
(c) He says there are too many rules.
(d) He sees no point in it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What image does Henry Adams say is needed in "A Law of Acceleration"?
2. In "Washington", how does Henry Adams describe the South?
3. In "Twenty Years After", who is running for presidency?
4. Where does Henry Adams travel to first in "Teufelsdrtzck"?
5. At the end of "Eccentricity", what does Henry Adams conclude about eccentricity?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)