|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 A Law of Acceleration (1904).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Vis Nova", when did Henry Adams return to Washington, DC?
(a) After Christmas.
(b) After the war started.
(c) Before Thanksgiving.
(d) In the spring.
2. When Henry Adams returns to Boston in "Free Fight", what part of the scandal does he choose to write about?
(a) Jay Gould.
(b) President Grant.
3. Why does Henry Adams return to London in "Chaos"?
(a) He needed to escape Grant.
(b) To go back to college.
(c) To make sure his article was published.
(d) Because he got a new job.
4. How did Henry Adams describe his response to invitations to formal dinners in "The Perfection of Human Society"?
(a) He saved them.
(b) He looked forward to them.
(c) He dreaded them.
(d) He returned them.
5. What does Henry Adams do to learn German in "Berlin"?
(a) Registers at a high school.
(b) Works alone using a book.
(c) Gets a job in Germany.
(d) Hires a tutor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What theory does Henry Adams begin to develop?
2. What does Henry Adams say Americans in the year 2000 would know how to do?
3. In "President Grant", what former president do people compare Grant to?
4. How does editing the North American Review impact Henry Adams?
5. When does Henry Adams say his education ended?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)