|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 A Law of Acceleration (1904).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry Adams say his dynamic theory of history began?
(a) With a dream.
(b) With little hope.
(c) With a question.
(d) With an observation.
2. What is the principle element Henry Adams is trying to understand in "The Grammar of Science"?
(a) Inertia as a movement of matter.
(b) Unity among chaos.
(c) The Virgin as progress.
(d) Accelerating technological progress.
3. Who does Henry Adams meet because of his work at the North American Review?
(a) Frank Welch.
(b) Frank Emmons.
(c) Clarence King.
(d) All the senators.
4. What does Hay's work as Secretary of State remind Henry Adams?
5. Who does Henry Adams write a few articles for?
(a) British Isles Review.
(b) Washington Post.
(c) Italian Monthly.
(d) North American Review.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry Adams says that unity is is a scientific analysis commonly called what?
2. Near the end of Chapter 5, "Berlin", what does Henry Adams suddenly starts to understand?
3. In "Treason", who does Henry Adams say needs an education?
4. What is Henry Adams plan called "Sessions"?
5. What did Henry Adams' father's political party have to do to gain power?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)