|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 A Law of Acceleration (1904).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country seems able to "roll over" Hay?
2. Who does Henry Adams say very few Americans envied?
(a) The politicians.
(b) The very rich.
(c) The royalty.
(d) The very poor.
3. In "President Grant", what former president do people compare Grant to?
(a) John Quincey Adams.
(b) John Adams.
(c) George Washington.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
4. In Henry Adams' dynamic theory of history, what is accomplished?
(a) Inertia and movement.
(b) Revolutions and progress.
(c) Work and progress.
(d) New forces and innovations.
5. How are foreigners treated in English society?
(a) They are snubbed.
(b) They are tested.
(c) They are examined closely.
(d) They are welcomed.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Henry Adams in "Vis Inertiae", what do all minds do?
2. After spending time in Europe, what does Henry Adams decide to do with this part of his education?
3. How does Henry Adams feel about society in England?
4. In "Boston", why did Henry Adams say he hates school?
5. In "Chaos", what countries go to war?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)