|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 A Law of Acceleration (1904).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What failure does Henry Adams attempt to analyze in "Silence"?
(a) The failure of the 19th century.
(b) The failure of the Titanic.
(c) The failure of McKinley.
(d) The failure of Clarence King.
2. What war breaks out in "Indian Summer"?
(a) World War I.
(b) The War of 1812.
(c) The Spanish-American War.
(d) The French-Indian War.
3. What does Clarence King do in Arizona?
(a) Raise horses.
(b) Write a book.
(c) Teach at a new college.
4. What did the Free Soil Party get from the Democrats when a Democrat became governor of Massachusetts?
(a) A Senate seat.
(b) A position in the Massachusetts courts.
(c) Five hundred dollars.
(d) They got kicked out of Massachusetts.
5. How does editing the North American Review impact Henry Adams?
(a) He learns he can't edit well.
(b) He has no time for creative work.
(c) He has no time to teach.
(d) He makes more money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry Adams say his dynamic theory of history began?
2. What does Henry Adams begin to collect in "Dilettamtism"?
3. In "Twilight", what country does everyone want access to?
4. Who publishes Henry Adams' articles on U.S. finance in "Darwinism"?
5. What does Henry Adams call "the last refuge of the educated poor"?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)