|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 A Law of Acceleration (1904).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do people hope Grant will do as president of the United States?
(a) Give money to the poor.
(b) Reform the government.
(c) Lower taxes.
(d) Improve the infrastructure.
2. Near the end of Chapter 5, "Berlin", what does Henry Adams suddenly starts to understand?
(c) His Harvard education.
3. At the end of "Eccentricity", what does Henry Adams conclude about eccentricity?
(a) That it is weakness.
(b) That it is all a lie.
(c) That it is a joke.
(d) That it is strength.
4. When traveling with Mrs. Lodge, what does Henry Adams decide to label himself as?
(a) A Conservate Catholic Anarchist.
(b) A Conservative Christian Anarchist.
(c) A Liberal Christian Anarchist.
(d) A Liberal Catholic Anarchist.
5. At the end of "The Abyss of Ignorance", how many books does Henry Adams say he will write?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the diplomatic crisis in "Vis Inertiae"?
2. What English company builds Ironclad rams?
3. In "A Dynamic Theory of History", what does Henry Adams describe as the "development and economy of forces"?
4. What does Edinburgh Review do with Henry Adams' article on the Jay Gould scandal?
5. What country seems able to "roll over" Hay?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)