|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 A Law of Acceleration (1904).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry Adams return to London in "Chaos"?
(a) Because he got a new job.
(b) He needed to escape Grant.
(c) To go back to college.
(d) To make sure his article was published.
2. In "Twenty Years After", Henry Adams says the world is no longer what?
3. What is revealed after Russell passes away?
(a) His attempts to get the South back into the Union.
(b) His ferver for trying to break up the United States.
(c) How trustworthy he really was.
(d) His many mistresses.
4. In "President Grant", what former president do people compare Grant to?
(a) George Washington.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) John Quincey Adams.
(d) John Adams.
5. How does Henry Adams describe the bankers he works with in "The Press"?
(a) Narrow-minded and inflexible.
(b) Worldly and experienced.
(c) Slow-witted but well meaning.
(d) Well-educated but dull.
Short Answer Questions
1. What image does Henry Adams say is needed in "A Law of Acceleration"?
2. What career does Henry Adams try to return to, but can't, in "Indian Summer"?
3. When does Henry Adams decide to join the Army?
4. In "Harvard", how does Henry Adams describe his years at Harvard?
5. In "The Battle of the Rams", how is C.F. Adams' relationship with Lord Russell described?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)