|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 A Law of Acceleration (1904).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry Adams begin to collect in "Dilettamtism"?
(a) Ancient artifacts.
2. In "Twenty Years After", who is running for presidency?
3. In "Boston", why did Henry Adams say he hates school?
(a) Because he had to do partner work.
(b) Because he had to learn by rote.
(c) Because they were lying to him.
(d) Because he had to read alone.
4. When does Henry Adams decide to join the Army?
(a) After Brooks talks him into it.
(b) After the second battle of Bull Run.
(c) After the Civil War ends.
(d) After the first battle of Bull Run.
5. When traveling with Mrs. Lodge, what does Henry Adams decide to label himself as?
(a) A Liberal Christian Anarchist.
(b) A Conservate Catholic Anarchist.
(c) A Liberal Catholic Anarchist.
(d) A Conservative Christian Anarchist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Langley teach Adams?
2. Henry Adams says that unity is is a scientific analysis commonly called what?
3. What exposition does Henry Adams attend in 1904?
4. How did Henry Adams describe his response to invitations to formal dinners in "The Perfection of Human Society"?
5. How does Henry Adams describe "The Woman" in America?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)