|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 A Law of Acceleration (1904).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did the Adams go to Italy for?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One month.
(d) Six months.
2. How does Henry Adams describe English society in "The Perfection of Human Society"?
(c) Forward thinking.
3. In "The Perfection of Human Society", how does Henry Adams describe society that has no unity?
(a) It's like frogs that wandered into a pub.
(b) It's like children running the government.
(c) It's like loose dogs in the street.
(d) It's like a maggot in cheese.
4. What does Hay's work as Secretary of State remind Henry Adams?
5. Where did Henry Adams go in "The Dynamo and The Virgin" to try to gain knowledge?
(b) The Chicago Library.
(c) The Smithsonian.
(d) The Great Exhibition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Langley teach Adams?
2. How does Henry Adams interact with the elite society in "Foes and Friends"?
3. In "Twenty Years After", when Henry Adams is ill in London, how does he describe his "old" education?
4. What theory does Henry Adams begin to develop?
5. What reminds Henry Adams of Darwinism in "Twilight"?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)