|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 A Law of Acceleration (1904).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who replaced their minister in London in "Vis Inertiae"?
(b) The Chinese Prime Minister.
(d) The Kaiser.
2. What does Henry Adams say Stockholm is pressed by?
(a) Cold and Germans.
(b) Glaciers and debt.
(c) Rocks and Russia.
(d) Northern ice and Russia.
3. At the end of "Chaos", what will Henry Adams position at North American Review be?
(c) Staff writer.
4. Henry Adams says that unity is is a scientific analysis commonly called what?
5. What theory does Henry Adams begin to develop?
(a) Theory of inerta.
(b) Theory of force.
(c) Theory of gravity.
(d) Theory of movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What turned the Civil War in favor of the Union?
2. What position does Lincoln give Charles Francis Adams?
3. After volunteering to present Lyell's principles to people in the United States, how does Henry Adams come to feel about Darwinsim?
4. What happens during the Adams' trip to Italy?
5. Who is the author of "The Grammar of Science"?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)