|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 A Law of Acceleration (1904).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Eccentricity", what does Henry Adams say is the beginning and end of political education?
(a) Time spent in Paris.
(b) Knowledge of human nature.
(c) Knowing how to properly bribe.
(d) The habits of the English.
2. What is the diplomatic crisis in "Vis Inertiae"?
(a) Travel to Germany.
(b) Trade with Russia.
(c) Access to China.
(d) War with France.
3. What position does Henry Adams obtain at Harvard?
(a) Class Orator.
(b) Resident Advisor.
(c) Dean of Admissions.
(d) Class President.
4. How does Henry Adams describe English society in "The Perfection of Human Society"?
(a) Forward thinking.
5. How does Henry Adams feel about natural selection?
(a) He thinks it needs more research.
(b) He thinks it's nothing compared to unnatural selection.
(c) He thinks it is a good replacement for God.
(d) He thinks it can never replace God.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Henry Adams begins his work in finance in "Darwinism", what does he suggest happen with U.S. currency?
2. What countries appear poised to go to war in "Vis Nova"?
3. In "Vis Nova", when did Henry Adams return to Washington, DC?
4. How does Charles Swinbourne awe Henry Adams?
5. How long did the Adams go to Italy for?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)