|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 A Law of Acceleration (1904).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Henry Adams describe his response to invitations to formal dinners in "The Perfection of Human Society"?
(a) He dreaded them.
(b) He saved them.
(c) He returned them.
(d) He looked forward to them.
2. How does Henry Adams say his dynamic theory of history began?
(a) With a question.
(b) With an observation.
(c) With little hope.
(d) With a dream.
3. What image does Henry Adams say is needed in "A Law of Acceleration"?
(a) A new history.
(b) A new leader.
(c) A new centre.
(d) A new bridge.
4. How does Charles Swinbourne awe Henry Adams?
(a) With his haphazard way of dressing.
(b) With his poetry and conversation.
(c) With his political ties.
(d) With his newspaper articles.
5. In "Indian Summer", who is chosen to be Secretary of State?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the war in "Indian Summer" make Henry Adams wonder about?
2. How does editing the North American Review impact Henry Adams?
3. What is Henry Adams trying to discover in "The Grammar of Science"?
4. What does Henry Adams say 19th century society measured their progress by?
5. In "Vis Nova", when did Henry Adams return to Washington, DC?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)