|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 A Law of Acceleration (1904).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Twilight", what country does everyone want access to?
2. What is revealed after Russell passes away?
(a) His ferver for trying to break up the United States.
(b) His many mistresses.
(c) How trustworthy he really was.
(d) His attempts to get the South back into the Union.
3. In "The Battle of the Rams", why does Lord Russell often say he can not intervene?
(a) To prove that he is neutral.
(b) To stall until the rams can be completed.
(c) To down play his power in the war.
(d) To get C.F. Adams on his side.
4. What reminds Henry Adams of Darwinism in "Twilight"?
(c) His dog.
5. What does Henry Adams say Stockholm is pressed by?
(a) Glaciers and debt.
(b) Cold and Germans.
(c) Rocks and Russia.
(d) Northern ice and Russia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What turned the Civil War in favor of the Union?
2. How old is Henry Adams in "Indian Summer"?
3. What countries appear poised to go to war in "Vis Nova"?
4. How does Henry Adams describe English society in "The Perfection of Human Society"?
5. What does Henry Adams begin to collect in "Dilettamtism"?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)