|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 A Law of Acceleration (1904).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the Lairds choose to represent them?
(b) C.F. Adams.
2. Why do Henry Adams and his friends attend Harvard?
(a) They have free tuition.
(b) Social connections.
(c) Their fathers went there.
(d) Good education.
3. What subject is Henry Adams going to teach?
(b) History of the Middle Ages.
(d) Literature of the Middle Ages.
4. Who is John Hay when Henry Adams first meets him?
(a) A teacher.
(b) An old newspaper reporter.
(c) A young, private secretary.
(d) A new congressman.
5. According to Henry Adams in "Vis Inertiae", what do all minds do?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Henry Adams travels during "Silence", what does he mostly think about?
2. When Henry Adams returns to the United States in "Chaos", what does he discover about his articles?
3. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
4. What exposition does Henry Adams attend in 1904?
5. What reminds Henry Adams of Darwinism in "Twilight"?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)