|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 A Law of Acceleration (1904).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry Adams says that unity is is a scientific analysis commonly called what?
2. How are foreigners treated in English society?
(a) They are examined closely.
(b) They are welcomed.
(c) They are snubbed.
(d) They are tested.
3. What does Henry Adams feel correlates with the winter?
(d) Leaving home.
4. Who publishes Henry Adams' articles on U.S. finance in "Darwinism"?
(a) Harvard Weekly.
(b) Darwin Times.
(c) North American Review.
(d) Wall Street Journal.
5. What does Henry Adams think Russia could do because of its size?
(a) Run out of money to support its citizens.
(b) Crush other cultures and countries.
(c) Manufacture all its own goods.
(d) Build the longest railway in the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the war in "Indian Summer" make Henry Adams wonder about?
2. In "The Battle of the Rams", why does Lord Russell often say he can not intervene?
3. Henry Adams says that as things become more complex, they need what?
4. In "The Grammar of Science", how does Henry Adams focus his exploration into how to look at the world?
5. After reading "The Grammar of Science", how does Henry Adams describe the book?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)