|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 A Law of Acceleration (1904).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did the Adams go to Italy for?
(a) Six months.
(b) One month.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Two weeks.
2. Where did Henry Adams go in "The Dynamo and The Virgin" to try to gain knowledge?
(a) The Great Exhibition.
(b) The Smithsonian.
(d) The Chicago Library.
3. When Henry Adams travels during "Silence", what does he mostly think about?
(a) How everything is falling apart.
(b) How nature is the real solution.
(c) How generous people are.
(d) How improved his life is.
4. Henry Adams predicts that if science keeps doubling its complexities, what will succumb?
5. What does Henry Adams say Russia is represented by?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry Adams call "the last refuge of the educated poor"?
2. What reminds Henry Adams of Darwinism in "Twilight"?
3. How does Henry Adams say his dynamic theory of history began?
4. How does Henry Adams feel about his voyage on the Teutonic?
5. What country seems able to "roll over" Hay?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)