|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 A Law of Acceleration (1904).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Henry Adams go in "The Dynamo and The Virgin" to try to gain knowledge?
(a) The Smithsonian.
(b) The Great Exhibition.
(d) The Chicago Library.
2. Where does Henry Adams travel to first in "Teufelsdrtzck"?
3. In Chapter 10, who said: "The world can absorb only doses of truth. Too much would kill it"?
(a) Thurlow Weed.
(b) Lord Russell.
(c) Henry Adams.
(d) William M. Evarts.
4. Henry Adams says that unity is is a scientific analysis commonly called what?
5. During Chapter 2, "Boston", what plays the biggest role in Henry Adams' education?
(a) The church.
(b) Yale University.
(c) His father.
(d) Anti-slavery groups.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were Confederate cruisers able to escape British waters?
2. What does Clarence King do in Arizona?
3. What does Henry Adams say Russia is represented by?
4. What seems to represent the future of the United States in "The Press"?
5. Who does Henry Adams say very few Americans envied?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)