|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 A Law of Acceleration (1904).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the war in "Indian Summer" make Henry Adams wonder about?
(a) If unity is possible.
(b) If Canada will be next.
(c) How to spend his leisure time.
(d) The development of weapons.
2. How do the English feel about the Civil War?
(a) They are against the Union.
(b) They have no public opinion.
(c) They are in favor of the Union.
(d) They say they will form an alliance with whoever wins.
3. What countries appear poised to go to war in "Vis Nova"?
(a) France and Russia.
(b) Germany and Japan.
(c) Germany and France.
(d) Russia and Japan.
4. After Henry Adams moves to Dresden, which two countries start a war?
(a) Germany and France.
(b) Italy and France.
(c) The United States and Japan.
(d) Russia and Germany.
5. In "Harvard", how does Henry Adams describe his years at Harvard?
(a) Very boring.
(b) The best preparation.
(c) A period of bonding.
(d) A waste of time.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry Adams say his dynamic theory of history began?
2. In Chapter 10, who said: "The world can absorb only doses of truth. Too much would kill it"?
3. What does Henry Adams feel correlates with the winter?
4. How old is Henry Adams in "Indian Summer"?
5. In "Twenty Years After", who is running for presidency?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)