|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 A Law of Acceleration (1904).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry Adams say America takes tragedy in "The Height of Knowledge"?
(d) With a grain of salt.
2. How does Henry Adams feel about natural selection?
(a) He thinks it is a good replacement for God.
(b) He thinks it can never replace God.
(c) He thinks it needs more research.
(d) He thinks it's nothing compared to unnatural selection.
3. What failure does Henry Adams attempt to analyze in "Silence"?
(a) The failure of the Titanic.
(b) The failure of the 19th century.
(c) The failure of McKinley.
(d) The failure of Clarence King.
4. What countries appear poised to go to war in "Vis Nova"?
(a) Germany and France.
(b) Russia and Japan.
(c) Germany and Japan.
(d) France and Russia.
5. Who kept Henry Adams in contact with society?
(b) Clarence King.
(c) Wenlock Abbey.
(d) Mrs. Cabot Lodge.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Harvard", how does Henry Adams describe his years at Harvard?
2. What does Henry Adams think Russia could do because of its size?
3. Where did Henry Adams go in "The Dynamo and The Virgin" to try to gain knowledge?
4. Who does Henry Adams write a few articles for?
5. What almost killed Henry Adams when he was eight?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)