|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28 The Abyss of Ignorance (1902).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the war in "Indian Summer" make Henry Adams wonder about?
(a) The development of weapons.
(b) If Canada will be next.
(c) If unity is possible.
(d) How to spend his leisure time.
2. In "The Battle of the Rams", why does Lord Russell often say he can not intervene?
(a) To stall until the rams can be completed.
(b) To prove that he is neutral.
(c) To get C.F. Adams on his side.
(d) To down play his power in the war.
3. Henry Adams says that even though he has looked at art in Art Museums he doesn't know what?
(a) How to make his own art.
(b) How to buy art as an investment.
(c) How to analyze art.
(d) How to look at art exhibits in 1900.
4. What does Henry Adams say Stockholm is pressed by?
(a) Northern ice and Russia.
(b) Glaciers and debt.
(c) Cold and Germans.
(d) Rocks and Russia.
5. Where does Henry Adams go to find work in "The Press"?
(b) New York City.
(c) Washington, D.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Henry Adams go in "The Dynamo and The Virgin" to try to gain knowledge?
2. How does Charles Swinbourne awe Henry Adams?
3. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
4. What does Edinburgh Review do with Henry Adams' article on the Jay Gould scandal?
5. What political party does Henry Adams' father found?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)