|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28 The Abyss of Ignorance (1902).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What political party does Henry Adams' father found?
(a) Free Soil Party.
(b) Republican Party.
(c) Abolitionist Party.
(d) Bostonian Party.
2. Why were Confederate cruisers able to escape British waters?
(a) Because C.F. Adams distracted the guards.
(b) Because C.F. Adams made a mistake.
(c) Because Lord Russell told them to.
(d) Because Lord Russell delayed action.
3. In "Eccentricity", how does Henry Adams describe Bright?
4. How does Henry Adams feel about his voyage on the Teutonic?
(a) He says it was too long.
(b) He says it was a sign of the past.
(c) He says he is suprised it floats.
(d) He says it is a technological marvel.
5. What century does Henry Adams consider using to measure his own time in history?
Short Answer Questions
1. What career does Henry Adams try to return to, but can't, in "Indian Summer"?
2. In "The Abyss of Ignorance", Henry Adams says that philosophers have stood where for thousands of years?
3. What happens during the Adams' trip to Italy?
4. Who does Henry Adams re-meet in Washington in "The Press"?
5. What is Sumner trying to accomplish in regards to foreign policy in "Free Fight"?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)