|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28 The Abyss of Ignorance (1902).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Eccentricity", what does Henry Adams say is the beginning and end of political education?
(a) Knowledge of human nature.
(b) Knowing how to properly bribe.
(c) Time spent in Paris.
(d) The habits of the English.
2. In "Treason", who does Henry Adams say needs an education?
(a) John Hay.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) Charles Sumner.
3. What does Hay's work as Secretary of State remind Henry Adams?
4. How does Henry Adams say America takes tragedy in "The Height of Knowledge"?
(d) With a grain of salt.
5. What new age does Henry Adams find when he returns to the United States in "The Press"?
(a) An age governed by God.
(b) An age of chaos.
(c) An age ruled by scientific reason.
(d) An age powered by steam and coal.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Henry Adams returns to the United States in "Chaos", what does he discover about his articles?
2. How does Hay primarily use his power as Secretary of State?
3. Why does Henry Adams feel that study of the Law is closed to him?
4. What is Sumner trying to accomplish in regards to foreign policy in "Free Fight"?
5. Where does Henry Adams live in "President Grant"?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)