|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28 The Abyss of Ignorance (1902).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Twilight", what does Henry Adams study?
2. Who does Henry Adams compare Theodore Roosevelt to?
3. Who publishes Henry Adams' articles on U.S. finance in "Darwinism"?
(a) Wall Street Journal.
(b) Darwin Times.
(c) North American Review.
(d) Harvard Weekly.
4. During Chapter 2, "Boston", what plays the biggest role in Henry Adams' education?
(a) His father.
(b) The church.
(c) Anti-slavery groups.
(d) Yale University.
5. Henry Adams says that as things become more complex, they need what?
(a) A wider evaluation.
(b) An end.
(c) A larger synthesis.
(d) A simple representation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the Adams go to Italy for?
2. Henry Adams says that even though he has looked at art in Art Museums he doesn't know what?
3. What turned the Civil War in favor of the Union?
4. What is Sumner trying to accomplish in regards to foreign policy in "Free Fight"?
5. Henry Adams says that unity is is a scientific analysis commonly called what?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)