|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28 The Abyss of Ignorance (1902).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Twenty Years After", who is running for presidency?
2. What thought does Henry Adams distrust?
3. What failure does Henry Adams attempt to analyze in "Silence"?
(a) The failure of Clarence King.
(b) The failure of McKinley.
(c) The failure of the 19th century.
(d) The failure of the Titanic.
4. After returning from Europe, how does Henry Adams see the people of Washington, DC?
(a) Everyone seems confused.
(b) Everyone seems ignorant.
(c) Everyone seems changed.
(d) Everyone seems to be anti-slavery.
5. When Henry Adams begins his work in finance in "Darwinism", what does he suggest happen with U.S. currency?
(a) That it is left alone.
(b) That is should be restrained.
(c) That it should be green.
(d) That they should release more.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Henry Adams in Chapter 12, who seems to be eccentric?
2. Who does Henry Adams compare Theodore Roosevelt to?
3. In "Twenty Years After", Henry Adams says the world is no longer what?
4. What does Henry Adams begin to collect in "Dilettamtism"?
5. Who does Henry Adams say very few Americans envied?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)