|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28 The Abyss of Ignorance (1902).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Fortieth Parallel Survey?
(a) An opinon survey.
(b) A geological survey.
(c) A historical survey.
(d) A census.
2. Trying to stop the English constructed rams is called what type of battle in "The Battle of the Rams"?
(a) A silent battle.
(b) The only battle.
(c) A military battle.
(d) A diplomatic battle.
3. What political party does Henry Adams' father found?
(a) Republican Party.
(b) Free Soil Party.
(c) Abolitionist Party.
(d) Bostonian Party.
4. Why does Henry Adams return to London in "Chaos"?
(a) To make sure his article was published.
(b) To go back to college.
(c) He needed to escape Grant.
(d) Because he got a new job.
5. Who publishes Henry Adams' finished piece on the Gould scandal?
(a) Edinburgh Review.
(b) New York Times.
(c) English Monthly.
(d) North American Review.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Henry Adams and his friends attend Harvard?
2. How does editing the North American Review impact Henry Adams?
3. Near the end of Chapter 5, "Berlin", what does Henry Adams suddenly starts to understand?
4. How does Hay primarily use his power as Secretary of State?
5. In "Twilight", what does Henry Adams study?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)