|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28 The Abyss of Ignorance (1902).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What English company builds Ironclad rams?
(a) Russell, Inc.
2. What did the Free Soil Party get from the Democrats when a Democrat became governor of Massachusetts?
(a) Five hundred dollars.
(b) A Senate seat.
(c) They got kicked out of Massachusetts.
(d) A position in the Massachusetts courts.
3. What turned the Civil War in favor of the Union?
(a) Diplomatic victories in Canada.
(b) C.F. Adams' logic.
(c) Victories at Gettysburg and Vicksburg.
(d) Convincing the English to sell them ironclad rams.
4. Where did Henry Adams go in "The Dynamo and The Virgin" to try to gain knowledge?
(a) The Great Exhibition.
(c) The Chicago Library.
(d) The Smithsonian.
5. In "Eccentricity", what does Henry Adams say is the beginning and end of political education?
(a) The habits of the English.
(b) Time spent in Paris.
(c) Knowledge of human nature.
(d) Knowing how to properly bribe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry Adams says that as things become more complex, they need what?
2. What new age does Henry Adams find when he returns to the United States in "The Press"?
3. Where does Henry Adams live in "President Grant"?
4. Where does Henry Adams travel to first in "Teufelsdrtzck"?
5. What is revealed after Russell passes away?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)