|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28 The Abyss of Ignorance (1902).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry Adams interact with the elite society in "Foes and Friends"?
(a) He is too afraid to interact with them.
(b) He focuses too much on society and forgets about his education.
(c) His interactions convince them to side with him.
(d) His interactions are unsuccessful.
2. In "Indian Summer", who is chosen to be Secretary of State?
3. In "Twilight", what does Henry Adams study?
4. What did Henry Adams see the dynamo as a symbol of?
5. What part of Lyell's principles does Henry Adam's get stuck on in "Darwinism"?
(a) Glacier Theory.
(b) Mutation Theory.
(c) Backwards evolution.
(d) Uniform evolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the English Foreign Secretary?
2. Where do Henry Adams and his sister travel as soon as the armistice is declared?
3. What do people hope Grant will do as president of the United States?
4. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
5. Henry Adams says that as things become more complex, they need what?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)