|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28 The Abyss of Ignorance (1902).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry Adams says that as things become more complex, they need what?
(a) A simple representation.
(b) A larger synthesis.
(c) An end.
(d) A wider evaluation.
2. Who did William Gladstone try to include in his support of the South?
(a) Napoleon III.
(b) Lord Russell.
(c) C.F. Adams.
(d) Henry Adams.
3. Where does Henry Adams live in "President Grant"?
(a) A boarding house.
(b) With his father.
(c) A hotel room.
(d) At the White House.
4. What failure does Henry Adams attempt to analyze in "Silence"?
(a) The failure of Clarence King.
(b) The failure of the 19th century.
(c) The failure of the Titanic.
(d) The failure of McKinley.
5. How are foreigners treated in English society?
(a) They are welcomed.
(b) They are tested.
(c) They are examined closely.
(d) They are snubbed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Henry Adams go in "The Dynamo and The Virgin" to try to gain knowledge?
2. How does Henry Adams describe "The Woman" in America?
3. Who is the English Foreign Secretary?
4. In "Eccentricity", how does Henry Adams describe Bright?
5. How does Henry Adams describe the bankers he works with in "The Press"?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)