|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28 The Abyss of Ignorance (1902).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the English Prime Minister try to turn Parliament against the United States in "Foes and Friends"?
(a) With blackmail.
(b) With money.
(c) With a long speech.
(d) With a note.
2. Who does Henry Adams say the social eccentrics sympathize with?
(a) The political eccentrics.
(b) No one.
(c) American eccentrics.
(d) Members of Parliament.
3. In "Harvard", how does Henry Adams describe his years at Harvard?
(a) Very boring.
(b) A waste of time.
(c) A period of bonding.
(d) The best preparation.
4. What is the Fortieth Parallel Survey?
(a) A geological survey.
(b) A census.
(c) An opinon survey.
(d) A historical survey.
5. Where does Henry Adams travel to first in "Teufelsdrtzck"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry Adams meet because of his work at the North American Review?
2. Why does the president of Harvard write Henry Adams a letter?
3. Who publishes Henry Adams' finished piece on the Gould scandal?
4. In "Eccentricity", how does Henry Adams describe Bright?
5. In "Twenty Years After", Henry Adams says the world is no longer what?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)