|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28 The Abyss of Ignorance (1902).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subject is Henry Adams going to teach?
(b) History of the Middle Ages.
(d) Literature of the Middle Ages.
2. In "The Battle of the Rams", how is C.F. Adams' relationship with Lord Russell described?
3. Where does Henry Adams live in "President Grant"?
(a) A boarding house.
(b) A hotel room.
(c) With his father.
(d) At the White House.
4. What does Henry Adams begin to think about all politicians in "Political Morality"?
(a) That they are dishonest.
(b) That they are too educated.
(c) That they are uneducated.
(d) That they are elite.
5. Who else is involved in Henry Adams' journalistic investigation of the Gould scandal?
(a) Brooks Adams.
(b) C.F. Adams.
(c) Henry Boutwell.
(d) Frank Waller.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is revealed after Russell passes away?
2. After spending time in Europe, what does Henry Adams decide to do with this part of his education?
3. What is Henry Adams' education like in Berlin?
4. What new age does Henry Adams find when he returns to the United States in "The Press"?
5. What does Edinburgh Review do with Henry Adams' article on the Jay Gould scandal?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)