|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28 The Abyss of Ignorance (1902).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What war breaks out in "Indian Summer"?
(a) The War of 1812.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Spanish-American War.
(d) The French-Indian War.
2. How does Henry Adams say America takes tragedy in "The Height of Knowledge"?
(c) With a grain of salt.
3. Henry Adams says that as things become more complex, they need what?
(a) A wider evaluation.
(b) A simple representation.
(c) A larger synthesis.
(d) An end.
4. Where did Henry Adams go in "The Dynamo and The Virgin" to try to gain knowledge?
(a) The Great Exhibition.
(b) The Smithsonian.
(c) The Chicago Library.
5. How does Charles Swinbourne awe Henry Adams?
(a) With his poetry and conversation.
(b) With his haphazard way of dressing.
(c) With his political ties.
(d) With his newspaper articles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Henry Adams and his sister travel as soon as the armistice is declared?
2. What is revealed after Russell passes away?
3. At the end of "Chaos", what will Henry Adams position at North American Review be?
4. Who publishes Henry Adams' finished piece on the Gould scandal?
5. After volunteering to present Lyell's principles to people in the United States, how does Henry Adams come to feel about Darwinsim?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)