|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28 The Abyss of Ignorance (1902).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hay primarily use his power as Secretary of State?
(a) Petitioning for new laws and regulations.
(b) Taking vacations overseas.
(c) Pushing for war.
(d) Creating treaties and alliances.
2. What does Henry Adams have in common with his friend, Hay?
(a) They both wrote about American history.
(b) They both lost all their money.
(c) They both ran for political office.
(d) They both fought in only one war.
3. What position does Henry Adams obtain at Harvard?
(a) Resident Advisor.
(b) Class President.
(c) Class Orator.
(d) Dean of Admissions.
4. Where is Henry Adams celebrated in "The Battle of the Rams"?
(a) Only in the United States.
(b) In Lord Russell's office.
(c) At a reception held by Milnes.
(d) At the local pub.
5. When Henry Adams returns to Boston in "Free Fight", what part of the scandal does he choose to write about?
(c) Jay Gould.
(d) President Grant.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Twilight", what country does everyone want access to?
2. When does Henry Adams say his education ended?
3. What does Henry Adams begin to think about all politicians in "Political Morality"?
4. How does Henry Adams feel about natural selection?
5. When Henry Adams travels during "Silence", what does he mostly think about?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)