|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28 The Abyss of Ignorance (1902).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Henry Adams travels to Beyreuth, what has changed?
(a) The train.
(b) The romanticism.
(c) The languages people speak.
(d) The pollution.
2. What is revealed after Russell passes away?
(a) His attempts to get the South back into the Union.
(b) His many mistresses.
(c) How trustworthy he really was.
(d) His ferver for trying to break up the United States.
3. Where do Henry Adams and his sister travel as soon as the armistice is declared?
4. What subject is Henry Adams going to teach?
(c) Literature of the Middle Ages.
(d) History of the Middle Ages.
5. Who does Henry Adams meet because of his work at the North American Review?
(a) Frank Welch.
(b) All the senators.
(c) Clarence King.
(d) Frank Emmons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry Adams call "the last refuge of the educated poor"?
2. In "The Battle of the Rams", why does Lord Russell often say he can not intervene?
3. According to Henry Adams in Chapter 12, who seems to be eccentric?
4. In "The Height of Knowledge", what happens to President McKinley?
5. In "Boston", why did Henry Adams say he hates school?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)