|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28 The Abyss of Ignorance (1902).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Henry Adams rent a room?
(a) New York City.
2. Who does Henry Adams say very few Americans envied?
(a) The politicians.
(b) The very rich.
(c) The very poor.
(d) The royalty.
3. In "President Grant", what paper does Henry Adams write finance articles for in an attempt to get on staff?
(a) Edinburgh Review.
(b) North American Review.
(c) Mid-American Review.
(d) Washington Review.
4. In "Silence", when does Henry Adams leave Washington, DC?
(a) When he runs out of work.
(b) When McKinley becomes president.
(c) When the housing prices rise.
(d) When Clarence King fails.
5. Henry Adams says that even though he has looked at art in Art Museums he doesn't know what?
(a) How to make his own art.
(b) How to look at art exhibits in 1900.
(c) How to analyze art.
(d) How to buy art as an investment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry Adams compare Theodore Roosevelt to?
2. Why do Henry Adams and his friends attend Harvard?
3. What does Henry Adams say Stockholm is pressed by?
4. In "Harvard", how does Henry Adams describe his years at Harvard?
5. What did Henry Adams see the dynamo as a symbol of?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)