|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28 The Abyss of Ignorance (1902).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Trying to stop the English constructed rams is called what type of battle in "The Battle of the Rams"?
(a) The only battle.
(b) A military battle.
(c) A silent battle.
(d) A diplomatic battle.
2. Where does Henry Adams rent a room?
(c) New York City.
3. After Henry Adams meets President Grant, what does he compare the president to?
(a) A goat.
(b) A star.
(c) A homeless man.
(d) A caveman.
4. Who does Henry Adams write a few articles for?
(a) North American Review.
(b) Italian Monthly.
(c) British Isles Review.
(d) Washington Post.
5. Why do Henry Adams and his friends attend Harvard?
(a) Their fathers went there.
(b) They have free tuition.
(c) Social connections.
(d) Good education.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Henry Adams travels to Beyreuth, what has changed?
2. During Chapter 2, "Boston", what plays the biggest role in Henry Adams' education?
3. When Henry Adams travels during "Silence", what does he mostly think about?
4. What does Henry Adams say every American woman did when presented with English manners?
5. When Henry Adams returns to Boston in "Free Fight", what part of the scandal does he choose to write about?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)