|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28 The Abyss of Ignorance (1902).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry Adams call "the last refuge of the educated poor"?
(a) The press.
(c) Trade work.
(d) The law.
2. What technique does Henry Adams use to teach in "Failure"?
(a) Discovery method.
(c) Socratic seminars.
(d) Historical method.
3. What position does Lincoln give Charles Francis Adams?
(a) Supreme Court Justice.
(b) Secretary of State.
(c) Minister to England.
(d) Personal assistant.
4. According to Henry Adams, how should a man's force be measured?
(a) By action.
(b) By his bank account.
(c) By other's opinions.
(d) By motion.
5. How does the Senate respond to Hay's actions in "Twilight"?
(a) They oppose him.
(b) They ignore him.
(c) They question him.
(d) They support him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What war breaks out in "Indian Summer"?
2. Near the end of Chapter 5, "Berlin", what does Henry Adams suddenly starts to understand?
3. In "President Grant", what former president do people compare Grant to?
4. How did Henry Adams describe his response to invitations to formal dinners in "The Perfection of Human Society"?
5. In "Twenty Years After", who is running for presidency?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)