|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28 The Abyss of Ignorance (1902).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry Adams interact with the elite society in "Foes and Friends"?
(a) His interactions convince them to side with him.
(b) He focuses too much on society and forgets about his education.
(c) His interactions are unsuccessful.
(d) He is too afraid to interact with them.
2. Where does Henry Adams live in "President Grant"?
(a) At the White House.
(b) A boarding house.
(c) A hotel room.
(d) With his father.
3. Who does Henry Adams meet because of his work at the North American Review?
(a) Frank Welch.
(b) Frank Emmons.
(c) Clarence King.
(d) All the senators.
4. What reminds Henry Adams of Darwinism in "Twilight"?
(c) His dog.
5. Who is the English Foreign Secretary?
(a) Lord Russell.
(b) Lord Cambridge.
(c) Charles Adams.
(d) Lord Palmerston.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry Adams feel that study of the Law is closed to him?
2. When does Henry Adams decide to join the Army?
3. What does Henry Adams say Stockholm is pressed by?
4. How does Henry Adams say America takes tragedy in "The Height of Knowledge"?
5. What does Henry Adams say Russia is represented by?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)