|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28 The Abyss of Ignorance (1902).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Henry Adams, how should a man's force be measured?
(a) By motion.
(b) By action.
(c) By his bank account.
(d) By other's opinions.
2. What part of Lyell's principles does Henry Adam's get stuck on in "Darwinism"?
(a) Backwards evolution.
(b) Glacier Theory.
(c) Mutation Theory.
(d) Uniform evolution.
3. How do the English feel about the Civil War?
(a) They have no public opinion.
(b) They are in favor of the Union.
(c) They are against the Union.
(d) They say they will form an alliance with whoever wins.
4. What seems to represent the future of the United States in "The Press"?
(a) The forest.
(b) The typewriter.
(c) The railroad.
(d) The masses of poor people.
5. Who does Henry Adams meet because of his work at the North American Review?
(a) Frank Emmons.
(b) Frank Welch.
(c) Clarence King.
(d) All the senators.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the Adams go to Italy for?
2. Who does Henry Adams compare Theodore Roosevelt to?
3. Who kept Henry Adams in contact with society?
4. When does Henry Adams say his education ended?
5. When does Henry Adams decide to join the Army?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)