|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28 The Abyss of Ignorance (1902).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry Adams begin to think about all politicians in "Political Morality"?
(a) That they are dishonest.
(b) That they are uneducated.
(c) That they are too educated.
(d) That they are elite.
2. In "The Battle of the Rams", why does Lord Russell often say he can not intervene?
(a) To down play his power in the war.
(b) To get C.F. Adams on his side.
(c) To stall until the rams can be completed.
(d) To prove that he is neutral.
3. What does Henry Adams say Stockholm is pressed by?
(a) Northern ice and Russia.
(b) Cold and Germans.
(c) Glaciers and debt.
(d) Rocks and Russia.
4. According to Henry Adams, how should a man's force be measured?
(a) By action.
(b) By motion.
(c) By other's opinions.
(d) By his bank account.
5. When Henry Adams travels during "Silence", what does he mostly think about?
(a) How nature is the real solution.
(b) How improved his life is.
(c) How generous people are.
(d) How everything is falling apart.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Battle of the Rams", how is C.F. Adams' relationship with Lord Russell described?
2. In "Twilight", what country does everyone want access to?
3. What does Henry Adams do to learn German in "Berlin"?
4. How does Henry Adams say America takes tragedy in "The Height of Knowledge"?
5. What position does Henry Adams obtain at Harvard?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)