|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28 The Abyss of Ignorance (1902).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry Adams say every American woman did when presented with English manners?
(a) They blended them with American manners.
(b) They fit in perfectly.
(c) They rose in rebellion against them.
(d) They shied away from the complex rules.
2. Who does Henry Adams write a few articles for?
(a) North American Review.
(b) British Isles Review.
(c) Washington Post.
(d) Italian Monthly.
3. How does Henry Adams describe English society in "The Perfection of Human Society"?
(c) Forward thinking.
4. What does Henry Adams say Stockholm is pressed by?
(a) Cold and Germans.
(b) Rocks and Russia.
(c) Glaciers and debt.
(d) Northern ice and Russia.
5. In "The Battle of the Rams", why does Lord Russell often say he can not intervene?
(a) To get C.F. Adams on his side.
(b) To stall until the rams can be completed.
(c) To prove that he is neutral.
(d) To down play his power in the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry Adams says that unity is is a scientific analysis commonly called what?
2. In "Twenty Years After", Henry Adams says the world is no longer what?
3. After spending time in Europe, what does Henry Adams decide to do with this part of his education?
4. How long did the Adams go to Italy for?
5. In "Darwinism", how does Henry Adams describe the impact of seven years in England on his education?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)