|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28 The Abyss of Ignorance (1902).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry Adams begin to think about all politicians in "Political Morality"?
(a) That they are dishonest.
(b) That they are elite.
(c) That they are too educated.
(d) That they are uneducated.
2. In "Darwinism", how does Henry Adams describe the impact of seven years in England on his education?
(a) He learned how to move in society.
(b) He learned how to balance a budget.
(c) He learned to not care about England.
(d) He learned the importance of science.
3. What does Clarence King do in Arizona?
(a) Write a book.
(c) Raise horses.
(d) Teach at a new college.
4. In "Indian Summer", who is chosen to be Secretary of State?
5. After Henry Adams meets President Grant, what does he compare the president to?
(a) A homeless man.
(b) A caveman.
(c) A goat.
(d) A star.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry Adams compare Theodore Roosevelt to?
2. Who publishes Henry Adams' articles on U.S. finance in "Darwinism"?
3. In "Twilight", what does Henry Adams study?
4. What does Henry Adams say Stockholm is pressed by?
5. What almost killed Henry Adams when he was eight?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)