|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28 The Abyss of Ignorance (1902).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Battle of the Rams", why does Lord Russell often say he can not intervene?
(a) To get C.F. Adams on his side.
(b) To prove that he is neutral.
(c) To down play his power in the war.
(d) To stall until the rams can be completed.
2. What is the Fortieth Parallel Survey?
(a) An opinon survey.
(b) A census.
(c) A historical survey.
(d) A geological survey.
3. What is Sumner trying to accomplish in regards to foreign policy in "Free Fight"?
(a) To have control of Canada.
(b) To start trade with Britain.
(c) To have control of Mexico.
(d) To purchase the Virgin Islands.
4. How old is Henry Adams in "Indian Summer"?
5. What century does Henry Adams consider using to measure his own time in history?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Political Morality", what position is Henry Adams almost promoted to?
2. What does Henry Adams say Russia is represented by?
3. In "The Height of Knowledge", what happens to President McKinley?
4. After Henry Adams moves to Dresden, which two countries start a war?
5. What did Henry Adams see the dynamo as a symbol of?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)