|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24 The Dynamo and The Virgin (1900).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After spending time in Europe, what does Henry Adams decide to do with this part of his education?
(a) End it and return home.
(b) End it and travel to Asia.
(c) Value it above all the other parts.
(d) Continue it for six more months.
2. What theory does Henry Adams begin to develop?
(a) Theory of inerta.
(b) Theory of movement.
(c) Theory of force.
(d) Theory of gravity.
3. What position does Lincoln give Charles Francis Adams?
(a) Personal assistant.
(b) Minister to England.
(c) Supreme Court Justice.
(d) Secretary of State.
4. What does Henry Adams have in common with his friend, Hay?
(a) They both lost all their money.
(b) They both wrote about American history.
(c) They both fought in only one war.
(d) They both ran for political office.
5. After returning from Europe, how does Henry Adams see the people of Washington, DC?
(a) Everyone seems changed.
(b) Everyone seems confused.
(c) Everyone seems to be anti-slavery.
(d) Everyone seems ignorant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Free Soil Party get from the Democrats when a Democrat became governor of Massachusetts?
2. Where does Henry Adams go to find work in "The Press"?
3. What is Henry Adams plan called "Sessions"?
4. What does Henry Adams do to learn German in "Berlin"?
5. What turned the Civil War in favor of the Union?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)