|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24 The Dynamo and The Virgin (1900).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry Adams feel about natural selection?
(a) He thinks it can never replace God.
(b) He thinks it's nothing compared to unnatural selection.
(c) He thinks it is a good replacement for God.
(d) He thinks it needs more research.
2. Who does Henry Adams say the social eccentrics sympathize with?
(a) American eccentrics.
(b) The political eccentrics.
(c) No one.
(d) Members of Parliament.
3. Who publishes Henry Adams' finished piece on the Gould scandal?
(a) Edinburgh Review.
(b) New York Times.
(c) North American Review.
(d) English Monthly.
4. What is the Fortieth Parallel Survey?
(a) A census.
(b) A historical survey.
(c) An opinon survey.
(d) A geological survey.
5. Who does Henry Adams re-meet in Washington in "The Press"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Indian Summer", what country becomes allies with the United States in the war?
2. What does the war in "Indian Summer" make Henry Adams wonder about?
3. What political party does Henry Adams' father found?
4. What new age does Henry Adams find when he returns to the United States in "The Press"?
5. What does Edinburgh Review do with Henry Adams' article on the Jay Gould scandal?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)