|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24 The Dynamo and The Virgin (1900).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Boston", why did Henry Adams say he hates school?
(a) Because he had to learn by rote.
(b) Because he had to do partner work.
(c) Because they were lying to him.
(d) Because he had to read alone.
2. What do people hope Grant will do as president of the United States?
(a) Improve the infrastructure.
(b) Reform the government.
(c) Give money to the poor.
(d) Lower taxes.
3. How does Henry Adams feel about society in England?
(a) He sees no point in it.
(b) He says there are too many rules.
(c) He worships it.
(d) He thinks it is classier than American society.
4. In "Eccentricity", what does Henry Adams say is the beginning and end of political education?
(a) Time spent in Paris.
(b) Knowing how to properly bribe.
(c) Knowledge of human nature.
(d) The habits of the English.
5. What is Sumner trying to accomplish in regards to foreign policy in "Free Fight"?
(a) To have control of Canada.
(b) To start trade with Britain.
(c) To have control of Mexico.
(d) To purchase the Virgin Islands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry Adams begin to collect in "Dilettamtism"?
2. In "Twenty Years After", Henry Adams says the world is no longer what?
3. What failure does Henry Adams attempt to analyze in "Silence"?
4. According to Henry Adams in Chapter 12, who seems to be eccentric?
5. When Henry Adams begins his work in finance in "Darwinism", what does he suggest happen with U.S. currency?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)