|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24 The Dynamo and The Virgin (1900).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry Adams feel about natural selection?
(a) He thinks it is a good replacement for God.
(b) He thinks it's nothing compared to unnatural selection.
(c) He thinks it can never replace God.
(d) He thinks it needs more research.
2. When Henry Adams returns to the United States in "Chaos", what does he discover about his articles?
(a) They were ridiculed.
(b) They were successful.
(c) They were never printed.
(d) They were full of errors.
3. Who does Henry Adams meet because of his work at the North American Review?
(a) All the senators.
(b) Clarence King.
(c) Frank Welch.
(d) Frank Emmons.
4. How old is Henry Adams in "Indian Summer"?
5. During Chapter 2, "Boston", what plays the biggest role in Henry Adams' education?
(a) His father.
(b) The church.
(c) Anti-slavery groups.
(d) Yale University.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Henry Adams' father's political party have to do to gain power?
2. At the end of "Chaos", what will Henry Adams position at North American Review be?
3. Trying to stop the English constructed rams is called what type of battle in "The Battle of the Rams"?
4. In "Free Fight", why did the Executive Branch attack the Supreme Court?
5. In "Indian Summer", what country becomes allies with the United States in the war?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)