|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24 The Dynamo and The Virgin (1900).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does Henry Adams obtain at Harvard?
(a) Class Orator.
(b) Dean of Admissions.
(c) Class President.
(d) Resident Advisor.
2. What does the war in "Indian Summer" make Henry Adams wonder about?
(a) How to spend his leisure time.
(b) If Canada will be next.
(c) If unity is possible.
(d) The development of weapons.
3. Where is Henry Adams celebrated in "The Battle of the Rams"?
(a) Only in the United States.
(b) At the local pub.
(c) In Lord Russell's office.
(d) At a reception held by Milnes.
4. Who does Henry Adams say very few Americans envied?
(a) The very poor.
(b) The royalty.
(c) The very rich.
(d) The politicians.
5. During Chapter 2, "Boston", what plays the biggest role in Henry Adams' education?
(a) Anti-slavery groups.
(b) The church.
(c) Yale University.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry Adams begin to collect in "Dilettamtism"?
2. After spending time in Europe, what does Henry Adams decide to do with this part of his education?
3. Who did William Gladstone try to include in his support of the South?
4. What do people hope Grant will do as president of the United States?
5. What problem does Henry Adams try to solve with Everts?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)