|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24 The Dynamo and The Virgin (1900).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry Adams feel correlates with the winter?
(b) Leaving home.
2. When Henry Adams returns to Boston in "Free Fight", what part of the scandal does he choose to write about?
(a) President Grant.
(d) Jay Gould.
3. Who did William Gladstone try to include in his support of the South?
(a) Lord Russell.
(b) Henry Adams.
(c) Napoleon III.
(d) C.F. Adams.
4. What does Henry Adams begin to think about all politicians in "Political Morality"?
(a) That they are elite.
(b) That they are uneducated.
(c) That they are dishonest.
(d) That they are too educated.
5. How does Henry Adams feel about natural selection?
(a) He thinks it is a good replacement for God.
(b) He thinks it needs more research.
(c) He thinks it's nothing compared to unnatural selection.
(d) He thinks it can never replace God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry Adams say very few Americans envied?
2. Why does the president of Harvard write Henry Adams a letter?
3. What technique does Henry Adams use to teach in "Failure"?
4. Why does Henry Adams feel that study of the Law is closed to him?
5. How does editing the North American Review impact Henry Adams?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)