|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24 The Dynamo and The Virgin (1900).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who publishes Henry Adams' finished piece on the Gould scandal?
(a) English Monthly.
(b) Edinburgh Review.
(c) New York Times.
(d) North American Review.
2. In "Indian Summer", who is chosen to be Secretary of State?
3. Where does Henry Adams go to find work in "The Press"?
(c) New York City.
(d) Washington, D.C.
4. What failure does Henry Adams attempt to analyze in "Silence"?
(a) The failure of Clarence King.
(b) The failure of the 19th century.
(c) The failure of the Titanic.
(d) The failure of McKinley.
5. Where did Henry Adams go in "The Dynamo and The Virgin" to try to gain knowledge?
(a) The Great Exhibition.
(b) The Smithsonian.
(c) The Chicago Library.
Short Answer Questions
1. Near the end of Chapter 5, "Berlin", what does Henry Adams suddenly starts to understand?
2. Who did the Lairds choose to represent them?
3. What did Langley teach Adams?
4. How does the English Prime Minister try to turn Parliament against the United States in "Foes and Friends"?
5. During Chapter 2, "Boston", what plays the biggest role in Henry Adams' education?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)