|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24 The Dynamo and The Virgin (1900).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did William Gladstone try to include in his support of the South?
(a) Napoleon III.
(b) Lord Russell.
(c) C.F. Adams.
(d) Henry Adams.
2. What does Henry Adams feel correlates with the winter?
(a) Leaving home.
3. Why does Henry Adams return to London in "Chaos"?
(a) To make sure his article was published.
(b) He needed to escape Grant.
(c) Because he got a new job.
(d) To go back to college.
4. After returning from Europe, how does Henry Adams see the people of Washington, DC?
(a) Everyone seems ignorant.
(b) Everyone seems changed.
(c) Everyone seems to be anti-slavery.
(d) Everyone seems confused.
5. In "Chaos", what countries go to war?
(a) France and Germany.
(b) Germany and Ireland.
(c) Russia and Italy.
(d) Italy and Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. After volunteering to present Lyell's principles to people in the United States, how does Henry Adams come to feel about Darwinsim?
2. How does Henry Adams interact with the elite society in "Foes and Friends"?
3. How do the English feel about the Civil War?
4. What does Henry Adams begin to think about all politicians in "Political Morality"?
5. What happens during the Adams' trip to Italy?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)