|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24 The Dynamo and The Virgin (1900).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Henry Adams in Chapter 12, who seems to be eccentric?
(a) Nearly everyone in England.
(b) The Confederates.
(c) His new group of artist friends.
(d) The Lords and Ladies.
2. What does Edinburgh Review do with Henry Adams' article on the Jay Gould scandal?
(a) They put it on the cover.
(b) They say they'll print it in four months.
(c) They publish it reluctantly.
(d) They reject it.
3. In "President Grant", what former president do people compare Grant to?
(a) John Quincey Adams.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) John Adams.
(d) George Washington.
4. Why do Henry Adams and his friends attend Harvard?
(a) They have free tuition.
(b) Social connections.
(c) Good education.
(d) Their fathers went there.
5. What does Henry Adams begin to collect in "Dilettamtism"?
(b) Ancient artifacts.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does editing the North American Review impact Henry Adams?
2. In "Eccentricity", how does Henry Adams describe Bright?
3. How do the English feel about the Civil War?
4. What did Langley teach Adams?
5. In "Twenty Years After", Henry Adams says the world is no longer what?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)