|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24 The Dynamo and The Virgin (1900).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Lyell's principles does Henry Adam's get stuck on in "Darwinism"?
(a) Backwards evolution.
(b) Glacier Theory.
(c) Uniform evolution.
(d) Mutation Theory.
2. In Chapter 10, who said: "The world can absorb only doses of truth. Too much would kill it"?
(a) Henry Adams.
(b) Lord Russell.
(c) Thurlow Weed.
(d) William M. Evarts.
3. Who does Henry Adams say the social eccentrics sympathize with?
(a) The political eccentrics.
(b) No one.
(c) Members of Parliament.
(d) American eccentrics.
4. What war breaks out in "Indian Summer"?
(a) The French-Indian War.
(b) The War of 1812.
(c) World War I.
(d) The Spanish-American War.
5. Where is Henry Adams celebrated in "The Battle of the Rams"?
(a) In Lord Russell's office.
(b) At a reception held by Milnes.
(c) Only in the United States.
(d) At the local pub.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Boston", why did Henry Adams say he hates school?
2. After returning from Europe, how does Henry Adams see the people of Washington, DC?
3. In "The Perfection of Human Society", how does Henry Adams describe society that has no unity?
4. What did Henry Adams' father's political party have to do to gain power?
5. In "The Battle of the Rams", how is C.F. Adams' relationship with Lord Russell described?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)