|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24 The Dynamo and The Virgin (1900).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Harvard", how does Henry Adams describe his years at Harvard?
(a) A waste of time.
(b) Very boring.
(c) A period of bonding.
(d) The best preparation.
2. In "Indian Summer", who is chosen to be Secretary of State?
3. Who does Henry Adams turn to in his investigation in the Gould scandal?
(a) State Department.
(b) North American Review.
(c) His brother, Brooks.
(d) The Treasury.
4. When does Henry Adams decide to join the Army?
(a) After Brooks talks him into it.
(b) After the first battle of Bull Run.
(c) After the Civil War ends.
(d) After the second battle of Bull Run.
5. Who does Henry Adams say the social eccentrics sympathize with?
(a) Members of Parliament.
(b) American eccentrics.
(c) No one.
(d) The political eccentrics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What war breaks out in "Indian Summer"?
2. Who did the Lairds choose to represent them?
3. What failure does Henry Adams attempt to analyze in "Silence"?
4. What career does Henry Adams try to return to, but can't, in "Indian Summer"?
5. What English company builds Ironclad rams?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)