|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24 The Dynamo and The Virgin (1900).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Political Morality", what position is Henry Adams almost promoted to?
(a) Assistant Secretary.
(b) Speaker of the Legation.
(c) Head of the Legation.
(d) Associate Secretary.
2. Near the end of Chapter 5, "Berlin", what does Henry Adams suddenly starts to understand?
(a) His Harvard education.
3. In "The Perfection of Human Society", how does Henry Adams describe society that has no unity?
(a) It's like a maggot in cheese.
(b) It's like children running the government.
(c) It's like loose dogs in the street.
(d) It's like frogs that wandered into a pub.
4. What seems to represent the future of the United States in "The Press"?
(a) The forest.
(b) The railroad.
(c) The typewriter.
(d) The masses of poor people.
5. When does Henry Adams say his education ended?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Eccentricity", what does Henry Adams say is the beginning and end of political education?
2. How does Henry Adams feel about natural selection?
3. How did C.F. Adams' success in the Battle of the Rams impact his and Henry Adams' lives?
4. What does Edinburgh Review do with Henry Adams' article on the Jay Gould scandal?
5. Who does Henry Adams say very few Americans envied?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)