|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24 The Dynamo and The Virgin (1900).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Twenty Years After", Henry Adams says the world is no longer what?
2. What position does Lincoln give Charles Francis Adams?
(a) Secretary of State.
(b) Personal assistant.
(c) Minister to England.
(d) Supreme Court Justice.
3. How does Henry Adams feel about society in England?
(a) He says there are too many rules.
(b) He sees no point in it.
(c) He worships it.
(d) He thinks it is classier than American society.
4. When Henry Adams begins his work in finance in "Darwinism", what does he suggest happen with U.S. currency?
(a) That it should be green.
(b) That it is left alone.
(c) That they should release more.
(d) That is should be restrained.
5. In "Eccentricity", what does Henry Adams say is the beginning and end of political education?
(a) Knowledge of human nature.
(b) The habits of the English.
(c) Knowing how to properly bribe.
(d) Time spent in Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Darwinism", how does Henry Adams describe the impact of seven years in England on his education?
2. Who does Henry Adams say the social eccentrics sympathize with?
3. Where is Henry Adams celebrated in "The Battle of the Rams"?
4. When does Henry Adams say his education ended?
5. Who is John Hay when Henry Adams first meets him?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)