|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24 The Dynamo and The Virgin (1900).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem does Henry Adams try to solve with Everts?
(a) The problem of Foreign Press.
(b) The problem of Legal Tender.
(c) The problem of Investor Relations.
(d) The problem of the Stock Market.
2. What is Henry Adams plan called "Sessions"?
(a) A series of interviews with politicians.
(b) A series of how-to articles.
(c) A series of articles about politics.
(d) A series of short stories based on English society.
3. Why were Confederate cruisers able to escape British waters?
(a) Because C.F. Adams made a mistake.
(b) Because C.F. Adams distracted the guards.
(c) Because Lord Russell delayed action.
(d) Because Lord Russell told them to.
4. After returning from Europe, how does Henry Adams see the people of Washington, DC?
(a) Everyone seems to be anti-slavery.
(b) Everyone seems confused.
(c) Everyone seems changed.
(d) Everyone seems ignorant.
5. How does Henry Adams feel about natural selection?
(a) He thinks it is a good replacement for God.
(b) He thinks it can never replace God.
(c) He thinks it's nothing compared to unnatural selection.
(d) He thinks it needs more research.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1894, where did King induce Henry Adams to visit?
2. In "Twenty Years After", Henry Adams says the world is no longer what?
3. Who is the English Foreign Secretary?
4. What almost killed Henry Adams when he was eight?
5. In "The Battle of the Rams", how is C.F. Adams' relationship with Lord Russell described?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)