|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24 The Dynamo and The Virgin (1900).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of "Eccentricity", what does Henry Adams conclude about eccentricity?
(a) That it is weakness.
(b) That it is all a lie.
(c) That it is strength.
(d) That it is a joke.
2. What happens during the Adams' trip to Italy?
(a) Lincoln is assassinated.
(b) Johnson declares war.
(c) England is invaded.
(d) The Legation ends.
3. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
(a) It is read by his father instead.
(b) It is printed by a paper and satarized.
(c) It is lost in the mail.
(d) It is turned into anti-war propaganda.
4. How does editing the North American Review impact Henry Adams?
(a) He has no time for creative work.
(b) He learns he can't edit well.
(c) He makes more money.
(d) He has no time to teach.
5. Near the end of Chapter 5, "Berlin", what does Henry Adams suddenly starts to understand?
(d) His Harvard education.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Henry Adams moves to Dresden, which two countries start a war?
2. What problem does Henry Adams try to solve with Everts?
3. What is the Fortieth Parallel Survey?
4. What does the war in "Indian Summer" make Henry Adams wonder about?
5. How do the English feel about the Civil War?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)