|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24 The Dynamo and The Virgin (1900).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Henry Adams write a few articles for?
(a) North American Review.
(b) Italian Monthly.
(c) Washington Post.
(d) British Isles Review.
2. How old is Henry Adams in "Indian Summer"?
3. What new age does Henry Adams find when he returns to the United States in "The Press"?
(a) An age governed by God.
(b) An age powered by steam and coal.
(c) An age of chaos.
(d) An age ruled by scientific reason.
4. Where does Henry Adams go to find work in "The Press"?
(a) New York City.
(b) Washington, D.C.
5. What failure does Henry Adams attempt to analyze in "Silence"?
(a) The failure of McKinley.
(b) The failure of Clarence King.
(c) The failure of the 19th century.
(d) The failure of the Titanic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Henry Adams live in "President Grant"?
2. What career does Henry Adams try to return to, but can't, in "Indian Summer"?
3. When Henry Adams travels during "Silence", what does he mostly think about?
4. Who was NOT related to Henry Adams?
5. Who does Henry Adams turn to in his investigation in the Gould scandal?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)