|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24 The Dynamo and The Virgin (1900).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who publishes Henry Adams' articles on U.S. finance in "Darwinism"?
(a) Darwin Times.
(b) Harvard Weekly.
(c) Wall Street Journal.
(d) North American Review.
2. What theory does Henry Adams begin to develop?
(a) Theory of movement.
(b) Theory of inerta.
(c) Theory of gravity.
(d) Theory of force.
3. What turned the Civil War in favor of the Union?
(a) C.F. Adams' logic.
(b) Victories at Gettysburg and Vicksburg.
(c) Convincing the English to sell them ironclad rams.
(d) Diplomatic victories in Canada.
4. What is Henry Adams plan called "Sessions"?
(a) A series of short stories based on English society.
(b) A series of articles about politics.
(c) A series of interviews with politicians.
(d) A series of how-to articles.
5. After Henry Adams meets President Grant, what does he compare the president to?
(a) A caveman.
(b) A goat.
(c) A homeless man.
(d) A star.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Washington", how does Henry Adams describe the South?
2. How does Henry Adams describe English society in "The Perfection of Human Society"?
3. In "Silence", when does Henry Adams leave Washington, DC?
4. What happens during the Adams' trip to Italy?
5. Who does Henry Adams turn to in his investigation in the Gould scandal?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)