|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24 The Dynamo and The Virgin (1900).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "President Grant", what paper does Henry Adams write finance articles for in an attempt to get on staff?
(a) Mid-American Review.
(b) Washington Review.
(c) Edinburgh Review.
(d) North American Review.
2. How does Henry Adams feel about natural selection?
(a) He thinks it is a good replacement for God.
(b) He thinks it can never replace God.
(c) He thinks it's nothing compared to unnatural selection.
(d) He thinks it needs more research.
3. In "Harvard", how does Henry Adams describe his years at Harvard?
(a) The best preparation.
(b) A period of bonding.
(c) Very boring.
(d) A waste of time.
4. In "Washington", how does Henry Adams describe the South?
(a) Rich and glitzy.
(b) Sunny and calm.
(c) Dusty and slow.
(d) Ragged and poor.
5. Who does Henry Adams write a few articles for?
(a) British Isles Review.
(b) Washington Post.
(c) North American Review.
(d) Italian Monthly.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Perfection of Human Society", how does Henry Adams describe society that has no unity?
2. In 1894, where did King induce Henry Adams to visit?
3. What does Henry Adams begin to think about all politicians in "Political Morality"?
4. In "Twenty Years After", who is running for presidency?
5. In "Free Fight", why did the Executive Branch attack the Supreme Court?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)