|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24 The Dynamo and The Virgin (1900).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry Adams have in common with his friend, Hay?
(a) They both lost all their money.
(b) They both wrote about American history.
(c) They both ran for political office.
(d) They both fought in only one war.
2. What did Henry Adams' father's political party have to do to gain power?
(a) Get enough votes in the primary.
(b) Bribing people and secrets.
(c) Deal making and compromises.
(d) Move into the South.
3. Why do Henry Adams and his friends attend Harvard?
(a) Social connections.
(b) They have free tuition.
(c) Their fathers went there.
(d) Good education.
4. In Chapter 10, who said: "The world can absorb only doses of truth. Too much would kill it"?
(a) Lord Russell.
(b) Henry Adams.
(c) Thurlow Weed.
(d) William M. Evarts.
5. During Chapter 2, "Boston", what plays the biggest role in Henry Adams' education?
(a) Anti-slavery groups.
(b) Yale University.
(c) His father.
(d) The church.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the English Prime Minister try to turn Parliament against the United States in "Foes and Friends"?
2. In "The Battle of the Rams", why does Lord Russell often say he can not intervene?
3. What did Henry Adams see the dynamo as a symbol of?
4. What new age does Henry Adams find when he returns to the United States in "The Press"?
5. What almost killed Henry Adams when he was eight?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)