|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24 The Dynamo and The Virgin (1900).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Henry Adams say the social eccentrics sympathize with?
(a) American eccentrics.
(b) The political eccentrics.
(c) Members of Parliament.
(d) No one.
2. What does Henry Adams call "the last refuge of the educated poor"?
(a) Trade work.
(c) The press.
(d) The law.
3. Where does Henry Adams go to find work in "The Press"?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(d) New York City.
4. In "Free Fight", why did the Executive Branch attack the Supreme Court?
(a) Legal Tender.
(b) Frank Waller.
(c) Term Limits.
(d) Gold Standard.
5. In "Chaos", what countries go to war?
(a) Germany and Ireland.
(b) Italy and Germany.
(c) France and Germany.
(d) Russia and Italy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Eccentricity", what does Henry Adams say is the beginning and end of political education?
2. How does Henry Adams describe English society in "The Perfection of Human Society"?
3. In 1894, where did King induce Henry Adams to visit?
4. What theory does Henry Adams begin to develop?
5. When Henry Adams begins his work in finance in "Darwinism", what does he suggest happen with U.S. currency?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)