|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24 The Dynamo and The Virgin (1900).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Henry Adams returns to the United States in "Chaos", what does he discover about his articles?
(a) They were full of errors.
(b) They were never printed.
(c) They were successful.
(d) They were ridiculed.
2. What problem does Henry Adams try to solve with Everts?
(a) The problem of Legal Tender.
(b) The problem of Investor Relations.
(c) The problem of the Stock Market.
(d) The problem of Foreign Press.
3. In Chapter 10, who said: "The world can absorb only doses of truth. Too much would kill it"?
(a) William M. Evarts.
(b) Lord Russell.
(c) Henry Adams.
(d) Thurlow Weed.
4. How do the English feel about the Civil War?
(a) They have no public opinion.
(b) They say they will form an alliance with whoever wins.
(c) They are against the Union.
(d) They are in favor of the Union.
5. In "Treason", who does Henry Adams say needs an education?
(a) John Hay.
(b) Charles Sumner.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Henry Adams go to find work in "The Press"?
2. In "Eccentricity", how does Henry Adams describe Bright?
3. How does Henry Adams interact with the elite society in "Foes and Friends"?
4. What position does Lincoln give Charles Francis Adams?
5. What does Henry Adams feel correlates with the winter?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)