|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24 The Dynamo and The Virgin (1900).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry Adams say every American woman did when presented with English manners?
(a) They shied away from the complex rules.
(b) They fit in perfectly.
(c) They rose in rebellion against them.
(d) They blended them with American manners.
2. In "President Grant", what former president do people compare Grant to?
(a) John Adams.
(b) George Washington.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
(d) John Quincey Adams.
3. Who did William Gladstone try to include in his support of the South?
(a) C.F. Adams.
(b) Napoleon III.
(c) Lord Russell.
(d) Henry Adams.
4. What did Langley teach Adams?
(a) About math.
(b) About motors.
(c) About art.
(d) About steam power.
5. In "Harvard", how does Henry Adams describe his years at Harvard?
(a) A period of bonding.
(b) A waste of time.
(c) The best preparation.
(d) Very boring.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Washington", how does Henry Adams describe the South?
2. Where do Henry Adams and his sister travel as soon as the armistice is declared?
3. How does Henry Adams describe "The Woman" in America?
4. When Henry Adams returns to the United States in "Chaos", what does he discover about his articles?
5. How do the English feel about the Civil War?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)