|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24 The Dynamo and The Virgin (1900).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Langley teach Adams?
(a) About art.
(b) About steam power.
(c) About math.
(d) About motors.
2. Why do Henry Adams and his friends attend Harvard?
(a) Their fathers went there.
(b) They have free tuition.
(c) Good education.
(d) Social connections.
3. What does the war in "Indian Summer" make Henry Adams wonder about?
(a) The development of weapons.
(b) How to spend his leisure time.
(c) If Canada will be next.
(d) If unity is possible.
4. Who does Henry Adams say very few Americans envied?
(a) The very rich.
(b) The very poor.
(c) The royalty.
(d) The politicians.
5. What new age does Henry Adams find when he returns to the United States in "The Press"?
(a) An age powered by steam and coal.
(b) An age governed by God.
(c) An age ruled by scientific reason.
(d) An age of chaos.
Short Answer Questions
1. After spending time in Europe, what does Henry Adams decide to do with this part of his education?
2. At the end of "Eccentricity", what does Henry Adams conclude about eccentricity?
3. Who does Henry Adams turn to in his investigation in the Gould scandal?
4. In "The Battle of the Rams", how is C.F. Adams' relationship with Lord Russell described?
5. In "Twenty Years After", who is running for presidency?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)