|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 President Grant (1869).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Henry Adams begins his work in finance in "Darwinism", what does he suggest happen with U.S. currency?
(a) That it should be green.
(b) That they should release more.
(c) That is should be restrained.
(d) That it is left alone.
2. What is revealed after Russell passes away?
(a) His many mistresses.
(b) His attempts to get the South back into the Union.
(c) His ferver for trying to break up the United States.
(d) How trustworthy he really was.
3. Who is John Hay when Henry Adams first meets him?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A young, private secretary.
(c) A new congressman.
(d) An old newspaper reporter.
4. Who is the English Foreign Secretary?
(a) Lord Palmerston.
(b) Charles Adams.
(c) Lord Russell.
(d) Lord Cambridge.
5. What did the Free Soil Party get from the Democrats when a Democrat became governor of Massachusetts?
(a) A Senate seat.
(b) Five hundred dollars.
(c) They got kicked out of Massachusetts.
(d) A position in the Massachusetts courts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Henry Adams' father's political party have to do to gain power?
2. Where is Henry Adams celebrated in "The Battle of the Rams"?
3. How does Henry Adams describe the bankers he works with in "The Press"?
4. In "President Grant", what paper does Henry Adams write finance articles for in an attempt to get on staff?
5. How does Henry Adams feel about society in England?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)