|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 President Grant (1869).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "President Grant", what paper does Henry Adams write finance articles for in an attempt to get on staff?
(a) Washington Review.
(b) Edinburgh Review.
(c) North American Review.
(d) Mid-American Review.
2. What does Henry Adams begin to think about all politicians in "Political Morality"?
(a) That they are dishonest.
(b) That they are elite.
(c) That they are too educated.
(d) That they are uneducated.
3. In "Darwinism", how does Henry Adams describe the impact of seven years in England on his education?
(a) He learned how to move in society.
(b) He learned the importance of science.
(c) He learned how to balance a budget.
(d) He learned to not care about England.
4. What is Henry Adams plan called "Sessions"?
(a) A series of short stories based on English society.
(b) A series of articles about politics.
(c) A series of interviews with politicians.
(d) A series of how-to articles.
5. What part of Lyell's principles does Henry Adam's get stuck on in "Darwinism"?
(a) Backwards evolution.
(b) Glacier Theory.
(c) Uniform evolution.
(d) Mutation Theory.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of "Eccentricity", what does Henry Adams conclude about eccentricity?
2. In Chapter 10, who said: "The world can absorb only doses of truth. Too much would kill it"?
3. Who is the English Foreign Secretary?
4. What turned the Civil War in favor of the Union?
5. What position does Lincoln give Charles Francis Adams?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)