|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 President Grant (1869).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Eccentricity", what does Henry Adams say is the beginning and end of political education?
(a) The habits of the English.
(b) Knowing how to properly bribe.
(c) Knowledge of human nature.
(d) Time spent in Paris.
2. After spending time in Europe, what does Henry Adams decide to do with this part of his education?
(a) End it and return home.
(b) End it and travel to Asia.
(c) Continue it for six more months.
(d) Value it above all the other parts.
3. What position does Lincoln give Charles Francis Adams?
(a) Supreme Court Justice.
(b) Minister to England.
(c) Personal assistant.
(d) Secretary of State.
4. Trying to stop the English constructed rams is called what type of battle in "The Battle of the Rams"?
(a) A diplomatic battle.
(b) The only battle.
(c) A silent battle.
(d) A military battle.
5. In "The Perfection of Human Society", how does Henry Adams describe society that has no unity?
(a) It's like frogs that wandered into a pub.
(b) It's like a maggot in cheese.
(c) It's like loose dogs in the street.
(d) It's like children running the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Harvard", how does Henry Adams describe his years at Harvard?
2. In "Eccentricity", how does Henry Adams describe Bright?
3. Where does Henry Adams go to find work in "The Press"?
4. How does the English Prime Minister try to turn Parliament against the United States in "Foes and Friends"?
5. What political party does Henry Adams' father found?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)