|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 President Grant (1869).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Charles Swinbourne awe Henry Adams?
(a) With his poetry and conversation.
(b) With his newspaper articles.
(c) With his political ties.
(d) With his haphazard way of dressing.
2. What happens during the Adams' trip to Italy?
(a) Lincoln is assassinated.
(b) England is invaded.
(c) Johnson declares war.
(d) The Legation ends.
3. How does Henry Adams describe English society in "The Perfection of Human Society"?
(a) Forward thinking.
4. What does Henry Adams begin to collect in "Dilettamtism"?
(c) Ancient artifacts.
5. After spending time in Europe, what does Henry Adams decide to do with this part of his education?
(a) Value it above all the other parts.
(b) Continue it for six more months.
(c) End it and return home.
(d) End it and travel to Asia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What turned the Civil War in favor of the Union?
2. In "Political Morality", what position is Henry Adams almost promoted to?
3. Trying to stop the English constructed rams is called what type of battle in "The Battle of the Rams"?
4. What does Henry Adams feel correlates with the winter?
5. How did C.F. Adams' success in the Battle of the Rams impact his and Henry Adams' lives?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)