|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 President Grant (1869).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Henry Adams write a few articles for?
(a) Washington Post.
(b) Italian Monthly.
(c) British Isles Review.
(d) North American Review.
2. What does Henry Adams feel correlates with the winter?
(b) Leaving home.
3. What English company builds Ironclad rams?
(d) Russell, Inc.
4. According to Henry Adams in Chapter 12, who seems to be eccentric?
(a) Nearly everyone in England.
(b) The Lords and Ladies.
(c) The Confederates.
(d) His new group of artist friends.
5. What does Henry Adams do to learn German in "Berlin"?
(a) Hires a tutor.
(b) Works alone using a book.
(c) Registers at a high school.
(d) Gets a job in Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Lyell's principles does Henry Adam's get stuck on in "Darwinism"?
2. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
3. In "The Battle of the Rams", how is C.F. Adams' relationship with Lord Russell described?
4. Where does Henry Adams live in "President Grant"?
5. How does the English Prime Minister try to turn Parliament against the United States in "Foes and Friends"?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)