|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 President Grant (1869).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Eccentricity", how does Henry Adams describe Bright?
2. What does Henry Adams do to learn German in "Berlin"?
(a) Registers at a high school.
(b) Gets a job in Germany.
(c) Works alone using a book.
(d) Hires a tutor.
3. In "The Battle of the Rams", how is C.F. Adams' relationship with Lord Russell described?
4. How did C.F. Adams' success in the Battle of the Rams impact his and Henry Adams' lives?
(a) They were kicked out of social clubs.
(b) They earned titles in England.
(c) They were given money as a reward.
(d) They were granted a higher social position.
5. What happens during the Adams' trip to Italy?
(a) Johnson declares war.
(b) Lincoln is assassinated.
(c) The Legation ends.
(d) England is invaded.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is John Hay when Henry Adams first meets him?
2. In "The Perfection of Human Society", how does Henry Adams describe society that has no unity?
3. What did the Free Soil Party get from the Democrats when a Democrat became governor of Massachusetts?
4. What does Henry Adams call "the last refuge of the educated poor"?
5. In "Darwinism", how does Henry Adams describe the impact of seven years in England on his education?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)