|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 President Grant (1869).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry Adams feel that study of the Law is closed to him?
(a) Because his grandfather was a bad lawyer.
(b) Because of his time spent in diplomacy.
(c) Because he does not respect the law.
(d) Because of his lack of knowledge of law.
2. What position does Henry Adams obtain at Harvard?
(a) Class President.
(b) Class Orator.
(c) Resident Advisor.
(d) Dean of Admissions.
3. What problem does Henry Adams try to solve with Everts?
(a) The problem of the Stock Market.
(b) The problem of Investor Relations.
(c) The problem of Foreign Press.
(d) The problem of Legal Tender.
4. What happens during the Adams' trip to Italy?
(a) England is invaded.
(b) Lincoln is assassinated.
(c) The Legation ends.
(d) Johnson declares war.
5. Who was NOT related to Henry Adams?
(a) Samuel Adams.
(b) John Adams.
(c) John Quincy Adams.
(d) Francis Adams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
2. After Henry Adams meets President Grant, what does he compare the president to?
3. What is revealed after Russell passes away?
4. What does Henry Adams begin to think about all politicians in "Political Morality"?
5. How did C.F. Adams' success in the Battle of the Rams impact his and Henry Adams' lives?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)