|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 President Grant (1869).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry Adams do to learn German in "Berlin"?
(a) Gets a job in Germany.
(b) Works alone using a book.
(c) Hires a tutor.
(d) Registers at a high school.
2. Who publishes Henry Adams' articles on U.S. finance in "Darwinism"?
(a) North American Review.
(b) Harvard Weekly.
(c) Wall Street Journal.
(d) Darwin Times.
3. How long did the Adams go to Italy for?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Six months.
(d) One month.
4. What did Henry Adams' father's political party have to do to gain power?
(a) Deal making and compromises.
(b) Get enough votes in the primary.
(c) Move into the South.
(d) Bribing people and secrets.
5. What seems to represent the future of the United States in "The Press"?
(a) The railroad.
(b) The masses of poor people.
(c) The typewriter.
(d) The forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is revealed after Russell passes away?
2. In "Eccentricity", how does Henry Adams describe Bright?
3. What position does Henry Adams obtain at Harvard?
4. After volunteering to present Lyell's principles to people in the United States, how does Henry Adams come to feel about Darwinsim?
5. What almost killed Henry Adams when he was eight?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)