|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 President Grant (1869).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Charles Swinbourne awe Henry Adams?
(a) With his poetry and conversation.
(b) With his political ties.
(c) With his haphazard way of dressing.
(d) With his newspaper articles.
2. What almost killed Henry Adams when he was eight?
(a) A dog.
(c) The British.
(d) Scarlet Fever.
3. In "The Battle of the Rams", how is C.F. Adams' relationship with Lord Russell described?
4. How does Henry Adams describe English society in "The Perfection of Human Society"?
(a) Forward thinking.
5. What does Henry Adams say every American woman did when presented with English manners?
(a) They fit in perfectly.
(b) They rose in rebellion against them.
(c) They shied away from the complex rules.
(d) They blended them with American manners.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry Adams write a few articles for?
2. What is revealed after Russell passes away?
3. According to Henry Adams in Chapter 12, who seems to be eccentric?
4. When does Henry Adams decide to join the Army?
5. What is Henry Adams plan called "Sessions"?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)