|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 President Grant (1869).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Henry Adams plan called "Sessions"?
(a) A series of short stories based on English society.
(b) A series of articles about politics.
(c) A series of interviews with politicians.
(d) A series of how-to articles.
2. After Henry Adams meets President Grant, what does he compare the president to?
(a) A homeless man.
(b) A star.
(c) A caveman.
(d) A goat.
3. Why does Henry Adams feel that study of the Law is closed to him?
(a) Because his grandfather was a bad lawyer.
(b) Because of his time spent in diplomacy.
(c) Because of his lack of knowledge of law.
(d) Because he does not respect the law.
4. What seems to represent the future of the United States in "The Press"?
(a) The forest.
(b) The typewriter.
(c) The masses of poor people.
(d) The railroad.
5. How did Henry Adams describe his response to invitations to formal dinners in "The Perfection of Human Society"?
(a) He looked forward to them.
(b) He dreaded them.
(c) He returned them.
(d) He saved them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens during the Adams' trip to Italy?
2. When does Henry Adams decide to join the Army?
3. How does Henry Adams describe English society in "The Perfection of Human Society"?
4. What position does Lincoln give Charles Francis Adams?
5. How does Henry Adams feel about society in England?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)