|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 President Grant (1869).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After volunteering to present Lyell's principles to people in the United States, how does Henry Adams come to feel about Darwinsim?
2. At the end of "Eccentricity", what does Henry Adams conclude about eccentricity?
(a) That it is a joke.
(b) That it is weakness.
(c) That it is all a lie.
(d) That it is strength.
3. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
(a) It is turned into anti-war propaganda.
(b) It is printed by a paper and satarized.
(c) It is lost in the mail.
(d) It is read by his father instead.
4. How are foreigners treated in English society?
(a) They are examined closely.
(b) They are welcomed.
(c) They are tested.
(d) They are snubbed.
5. Who did the Lairds choose to represent them?
(c) C.F. Adams.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the Adams go to Italy for?
2. What position does Henry Adams obtain at Harvard?
3. What turned the Civil War in favor of the Union?
4. Why does Henry Adams feel that study of the Law is closed to him?
5. How does Charles Swinbourne awe Henry Adams?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)