|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 President Grant (1869).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Battle of the Rams", why does Lord Russell often say he can not intervene?
(a) To get C.F. Adams on his side.
(b) To prove that he is neutral.
(c) To stall until the rams can be completed.
(d) To down play his power in the war.
2. How did C.F. Adams' success in the Battle of the Rams impact his and Henry Adams' lives?
(a) They were given money as a reward.
(b) They were kicked out of social clubs.
(c) They earned titles in England.
(d) They were granted a higher social position.
3. When Henry Adams begins his work in finance in "Darwinism", what does he suggest happen with U.S. currency?
(a) That is should be restrained.
(b) That it should be green.
(c) That they should release more.
(d) That it is left alone.
4. In "President Grant", what former president do people compare Grant to?
(a) George Washington.
(b) John Adams.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
(d) John Quincey Adams.
5. What position does Henry Adams obtain at Harvard?
(a) Resident Advisor.
(b) Dean of Admissions.
(c) Class Orator.
(d) Class President.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are foreigners treated in English society?
2. After Henry Adams moves to Dresden, which two countries start a war?
3. How does Henry Adams describe the bankers he works with in "The Press"?
4. Who is the English Foreign Secretary?
5. Why does Henry Adams feel that study of the Law is closed to him?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)