|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 President Grant (1869).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry Adams feel about society in England?
(a) He says there are too many rules.
(b) He thinks it is classier than American society.
(c) He worships it.
(d) He sees no point in it.
2. How does Henry Adams interact with the elite society in "Foes and Friends"?
(a) His interactions convince them to side with him.
(b) He focuses too much on society and forgets about his education.
(c) He is too afraid to interact with them.
(d) His interactions are unsuccessful.
3. Why does Henry Adams feel that study of the Law is closed to him?
(a) Because he does not respect the law.
(b) Because of his lack of knowledge of law.
(c) Because his grandfather was a bad lawyer.
(d) Because of his time spent in diplomacy.
4. After volunteering to present Lyell's principles to people in the United States, how does Henry Adams come to feel about Darwinsim?
5. What do people hope Grant will do as president of the United States?
(a) Give money to the poor.
(b) Reform the government.
(c) Improve the infrastructure.
(d) Lower taxes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry Adams begin to think about all politicians in "Political Morality"?
2. Who does Henry Adams say the social eccentrics sympathize with?
3. Why do Henry Adams and his friends attend Harvard?
4. How does Henry Adams describe the bankers he works with in "The Press"?
5. What new age does Henry Adams find when he returns to the United States in "The Press"?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)