|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 President Grant (1869).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Henry Adams meets President Grant, what does he compare the president to?
(a) A star.
(b) A homeless man.
(c) A goat.
(d) A caveman.
2. After spending time in Europe, what does Henry Adams decide to do with this part of his education?
(a) Continue it for six more months.
(b) Value it above all the other parts.
(c) End it and return home.
(d) End it and travel to Asia.
3. What position does Lincoln give Charles Francis Adams?
(a) Minister to England.
(b) Secretary of State.
(c) Supreme Court Justice.
(d) Personal assistant.
4. In "Washington", how does Henry Adams describe the South?
(a) Ragged and poor.
(b) Dusty and slow.
(c) Sunny and calm.
(d) Rich and glitzy.
5. How do the English feel about the Civil War?
(a) They are against the Union.
(b) They have no public opinion.
(c) They say they will form an alliance with whoever wins.
(d) They are in favor of the Union.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Political Morality", what position is Henry Adams almost promoted to?
2. In "The Battle of the Rams", why does Lord Russell often say he can not intervene?
3. How does Henry Adams describe the bankers he works with in "The Press"?
4. When Henry Adams begins his work in finance in "Darwinism", what does he suggest happen with U.S. currency?
5. In "The Battle of the Rams", how is C.F. Adams' relationship with Lord Russell described?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)