|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 President Grant (1869).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Near the end of Chapter 5, "Berlin", what does Henry Adams suddenly starts to understand?
(d) His Harvard education.
2. At the end of "Eccentricity", what does Henry Adams conclude about eccentricity?
(a) That it is weakness.
(b) That it is strength.
(c) That it is all a lie.
(d) That it is a joke.
3. What did Henry Adams' father's political party have to do to gain power?
(a) Get enough votes in the primary.
(b) Move into the South.
(c) Bribing people and secrets.
(d) Deal making and compromises.
4. What turned the Civil War in favor of the Union?
(a) C.F. Adams' logic.
(b) Diplomatic victories in Canada.
(c) Convincing the English to sell them ironclad rams.
(d) Victories at Gettysburg and Vicksburg.
5. After returning from Europe, how does Henry Adams see the people of Washington, DC?
(a) Everyone seems to be anti-slavery.
(b) Everyone seems changed.
(c) Everyone seems ignorant.
(d) Everyone seems confused.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
2. In "President Grant", what paper does Henry Adams write finance articles for in an attempt to get on staff?
3. How do the English feel about the Civil War?
4. What did the Free Soil Party get from the Democrats when a Democrat became governor of Massachusetts?
5. What problem does Henry Adams try to solve with Everts?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)