|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 President Grant (1869).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who publishes Henry Adams' articles on U.S. finance in "Darwinism"?
(a) North American Review.
(b) Darwin Times.
(c) Wall Street Journal.
(d) Harvard Weekly.
2. After Henry Adams meets President Grant, what does he compare the president to?
(a) A goat.
(b) A caveman.
(c) A star.
(d) A homeless man.
3. Trying to stop the English constructed rams is called what type of battle in "The Battle of the Rams"?
(a) The only battle.
(b) A silent battle.
(c) A diplomatic battle.
(d) A military battle.
4. What did Henry Adams' father's political party have to do to gain power?
(a) Deal making and compromises.
(b) Bribing people and secrets.
(c) Move into the South.
(d) Get enough votes in the primary.
5. Who does Henry Adams write a few articles for?
(a) British Isles Review.
(b) Italian Monthly.
(c) Washington Post.
(d) North American Review.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Free Soil Party get from the Democrats when a Democrat became governor of Massachusetts?
2. What does Henry Adams call "the last refuge of the educated poor"?
3. How did Henry Adams describe his response to invitations to formal dinners in "The Perfection of Human Society"?
4. Where does Henry Adams go to find work in "The Press"?
5. What does Henry Adams feel correlates with the winter?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)