|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 President Grant (1869).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry Adams feel correlates with the winter?
(a) Leaving home.
2. How does Henry Adams feel about society in England?
(a) He thinks it is classier than American society.
(b) He sees no point in it.
(c) He says there are too many rules.
(d) He worships it.
3. What does Henry Adams begin to collect in "Dilettamtism"?
(a) Ancient artifacts.
4. How long did the Adams go to Italy for?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One month.
(d) Six months.
5. What is Henry Adams plan called "Sessions"?
(a) A series of interviews with politicians.
(b) A series of articles about politics.
(c) A series of how-to articles.
(d) A series of short stories based on English society.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Washington", how does Henry Adams describe the South?
2. After spending time in Europe, what does Henry Adams decide to do with this part of his education?
3. Who is the English Foreign Secretary?
4. Who does Henry Adams re-meet in Washington in "The Press"?
5. In "President Grant", what paper does Henry Adams write finance articles for in an attempt to get on staff?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)