|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 President Grant (1869).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Boston", why did Henry Adams say he hates school?
(a) Because they were lying to him.
(b) Because he had to learn by rote.
(c) Because he had to do partner work.
(d) Because he had to read alone.
2. Where does Henry Adams go to find work in "The Press"?
(b) Washington, D.C.
(d) New York City.
3. What part of Lyell's principles does Henry Adam's get stuck on in "Darwinism"?
(a) Backwards evolution.
(b) Glacier Theory.
(c) Uniform evolution.
(d) Mutation Theory.
4. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
(a) It is lost in the mail.
(b) It is printed by a paper and satarized.
(c) It is turned into anti-war propaganda.
(d) It is read by his father instead.
5. What did Henry Adams' father's political party have to do to gain power?
(a) Bribing people and secrets.
(b) Get enough votes in the primary.
(c) Move into the South.
(d) Deal making and compromises.
Short Answer Questions
1. After volunteering to present Lyell's principles to people in the United States, how does Henry Adams come to feel about Darwinsim?
2. Where do Henry Adams and his sister travel as soon as the armistice is declared?
3. What do people hope Grant will do as president of the United States?
4. In "The Perfection of Human Society", how does Henry Adams describe society that has no unity?
5. Why does Henry Adams feel that study of the Law is closed to him?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)