|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 President Grant (1869).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What political party does Henry Adams' father found?
(a) Republican Party.
(b) Bostonian Party.
(c) Free Soil Party.
(d) Abolitionist Party.
2. After returning from Europe, how does Henry Adams see the people of Washington, DC?
(a) Everyone seems ignorant.
(b) Everyone seems to be anti-slavery.
(c) Everyone seems confused.
(d) Everyone seems changed.
3. What seems to represent the future of the United States in "The Press"?
(a) The typewriter.
(b) The masses of poor people.
(c) The railroad.
(d) The forest.
4. What does Henry Adams begin to think about all politicians in "Political Morality"?
(a) That they are dishonest.
(b) That they are too educated.
(c) That they are elite.
(d) That they are uneducated.
5. How long did the Adams go to Italy for?
(a) One month.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Six months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry Adams feel that study of the Law is closed to him?
2. Who does Henry Adams say the social eccentrics sympathize with?
3. Who is John Hay when Henry Adams first meets him?
4. What is Henry Adams plan called "Sessions"?
5. In "Political Morality", what position is Henry Adams almost promoted to?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)