|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 President Grant (1869).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is revealed after Russell passes away?
(a) How trustworthy he really was.
(b) His ferver for trying to break up the United States.
(c) His attempts to get the South back into the Union.
(d) His many mistresses.
2. What English company builds Ironclad rams?
(c) Russell, Inc.
3. How do the English feel about the Civil War?
(a) They are against the Union.
(b) They say they will form an alliance with whoever wins.
(c) They are in favor of the Union.
(d) They have no public opinion.
4. In "Political Morality", what position is Henry Adams almost promoted to?
(a) Head of the Legation.
(b) Associate Secretary.
(c) Speaker of the Legation.
(d) Assistant Secretary.
5. After returning from Europe, how does Henry Adams see the people of Washington, DC?
(a) Everyone seems confused.
(b) Everyone seems changed.
(c) Everyone seems to be anti-slavery.
(d) Everyone seems ignorant.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the Adams go to Italy for?
2. Who is the English Foreign Secretary?
3. What does Henry Adams feel correlates with the winter?
4. How does Henry Adams feel about society in England?
5. In "Eccentricity", what does Henry Adams say is the beginning and end of political education?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)