|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 President Grant (1869).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Henry Adams' education like in Berlin?
(a) There is no university in Berlin.
(b) Endless lectures.
(c) Hands-on activities.
(d) Nothing but reading.
2. What part of Lyell's principles does Henry Adam's get stuck on in "Darwinism"?
(a) Uniform evolution.
(b) Backwards evolution.
(c) Glacier Theory.
(d) Mutation Theory.
3. What political party does Henry Adams' father found?
(a) Free Soil Party.
(b) Bostonian Party.
(c) Republican Party.
(d) Abolitionist Party.
4. In "Treason", who does Henry Adams say needs an education?
(b) Charles Sumner.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
(d) John Hay.
5. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
(a) It is read by his father instead.
(b) It is lost in the mail.
(c) It is printed by a paper and satarized.
(d) It is turned into anti-war propaganda.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "President Grant", what paper does Henry Adams write finance articles for in an attempt to get on staff?
2. When does Henry Adams decide to join the Army?
3. How did Henry Adams describe his response to invitations to formal dinners in "The Perfection of Human Society"?
4. In "Boston", why did Henry Adams say he hates school?
5. What position does Lincoln give Charles Francis Adams?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)