|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 President Grant (1869).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Henry Adams and his friends attend Harvard?
(a) Social connections.
(b) They have free tuition.
(c) Good education.
(d) Their fathers went there.
2. Who is John Hay when Henry Adams first meets him?
(a) A young, private secretary.
(b) An old newspaper reporter.
(c) A new congressman.
(d) A teacher.
3. What political party does Henry Adams' father found?
(a) Republican Party.
(b) Bostonian Party.
(c) Free Soil Party.
(d) Abolitionist Party.
4. In Chapter 10, who said: "The world can absorb only doses of truth. Too much would kill it"?
(a) William M. Evarts.
(b) Henry Adams.
(c) Thurlow Weed.
(d) Lord Russell.
5. In "Treason", who does Henry Adams say needs an education?
(a) Charles Sumner.
(b) John Hay.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "President Grant", what former president do people compare Grant to?
2. Where do Henry Adams and his sister travel as soon as the armistice is declared?
3. What position does Henry Adams obtain at Harvard?
4. How does the English Prime Minister try to turn Parliament against the United States in "Foes and Friends"?
5. What does Henry Adams begin to collect in "Dilettamtism"?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)