|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 Darwinism (1867-1868).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Charles Swinbourne awe Henry Adams?
(a) With his political ties.
(b) With his haphazard way of dressing.
(c) With his newspaper articles.
(d) With his poetry and conversation.
2. What position does Lincoln give Charles Francis Adams?
(a) Personal assistant.
(b) Secretary of State.
(c) Supreme Court Justice.
(d) Minister to England.
3. How did Henry Adams describe his response to invitations to formal dinners in "The Perfection of Human Society"?
(a) He returned them.
(b) He dreaded them.
(c) He looked forward to them.
(d) He saved them.
4. Where do Henry Adams and his sister travel as soon as the armistice is declared?
5. What position does Henry Adams obtain at Harvard?
(a) Dean of Admissions.
(b) Class President.
(c) Resident Advisor.
(d) Class Orator.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of "Eccentricity", what does Henry Adams conclude about eccentricity?
2. When does Henry Adams decide to join the Army?
3. Where is Henry Adams celebrated in "The Battle of the Rams"?
4. After volunteering to present Lyell's principles to people in the United States, how does Henry Adams come to feel about Darwinsim?
5. What did the Free Soil Party get from the Democrats when a Democrat became governor of Massachusetts?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)