|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 Darwinism (1867-1868).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Treason", who does Henry Adams say needs an education?
(a) John Hay.
(b) Charles Sumner.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
2. What is Henry Adams' education like in Berlin?
(a) Hands-on activities.
(b) Nothing but reading.
(c) There is no university in Berlin.
(d) Endless lectures.
3. After returning from Europe, how does Henry Adams see the people of Washington, DC?
(a) Everyone seems ignorant.
(b) Everyone seems confused.
(c) Everyone seems to be anti-slavery.
(d) Everyone seems changed.
4. According to Henry Adams in Chapter 12, who seems to be eccentric?
(a) His new group of artist friends.
(b) Nearly everyone in England.
(c) The Confederates.
(d) The Lords and Ladies.
5. In Chapter 10, who said: "The world can absorb only doses of truth. Too much would kill it"?
(a) Thurlow Weed.
(b) Lord Russell.
(c) William M. Evarts.
(d) Henry Adams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry Adams call "the last refuge of the educated poor"?
2. Who did William Gladstone try to include in his support of the South?
3. In "Boston", why did Henry Adams say he hates school?
4. Who does Henry Adams say the social eccentrics sympathize with?
5. Who does Henry Adams write a few articles for?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)