|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 Darwinism (1867-1868).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What almost killed Henry Adams when he was eight?
(a) The British.
(b) Scarlet Fever.
(c) A dog.
2. Where do Henry Adams and his sister travel as soon as the armistice is declared?
3. How did C.F. Adams' success in the Battle of the Rams impact his and Henry Adams' lives?
(a) They were granted a higher social position.
(b) They were kicked out of social clubs.
(c) They were given money as a reward.
(d) They earned titles in England.
4. How does Henry Adams interact with the elite society in "Foes and Friends"?
(a) He is too afraid to interact with them.
(b) His interactions are unsuccessful.
(c) He focuses too much on society and forgets about his education.
(d) His interactions convince them to side with him.
5. Why were Confederate cruisers able to escape British waters?
(a) Because C.F. Adams distracted the guards.
(b) Because C.F. Adams made a mistake.
(c) Because Lord Russell delayed action.
(d) Because Lord Russell told them to.
Short Answer Questions
1. After returning from Europe, how does Henry Adams see the people of Washington, DC?
2. Who does Henry Adams write a few articles for?
3. How does the English Prime Minister try to turn Parliament against the United States in "Foes and Friends"?
4. Who did the Lairds choose to represent them?
5. What does Henry Adams do to learn German in "Berlin"?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)