|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 Darwinism (1867-1868).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What political party does Henry Adams' father found?
(a) Abolitionist Party.
(b) Bostonian Party.
(c) Republican Party.
(d) Free Soil Party.
2. How do the English feel about the Civil War?
(a) They are in favor of the Union.
(b) They say they will form an alliance with whoever wins.
(c) They are against the Union.
(d) They have no public opinion.
3. How did C.F. Adams' success in the Battle of the Rams impact his and Henry Adams' lives?
(a) They were kicked out of social clubs.
(b) They were granted a higher social position.
(c) They earned titles in England.
(d) They were given money as a reward.
4. In "Eccentricity", how does Henry Adams describe Bright?
5. What turned the Civil War in favor of the Union?
(a) Diplomatic victories in Canada.
(b) Victories at Gettysburg and Vicksburg.
(c) Convincing the English to sell them ironclad rams.
(d) C.F. Adams' logic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry Adams feel that study of the Law is closed to him?
2. What is Henry Adams' education like in Berlin?
3. Where do Henry Adams and his sister travel as soon as the armistice is declared?
4. Who publishes Henry Adams' articles on U.S. finance in "Darwinism"?
5. Who was NOT related to Henry Adams?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)