|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 Darwinism (1867-1868).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Darwinism", how does Henry Adams describe the impact of seven years in England on his education?
(a) He learned to not care about England.
(b) He learned how to move in society.
(c) He learned the importance of science.
(d) He learned how to balance a budget.
2. What does Henry Adams call "the last refuge of the educated poor"?
(a) The press.
(c) The law.
(d) Trade work.
3. In "The Perfection of Human Society", how does Henry Adams describe society that has no unity?
(a) It's like loose dogs in the street.
(b) It's like frogs that wandered into a pub.
(c) It's like children running the government.
(d) It's like a maggot in cheese.
4. What happens during the Adams' trip to Italy?
(a) England is invaded.
(b) Lincoln is assassinated.
(c) Johnson declares war.
(d) The Legation ends.
5. Where do Henry Adams and his sister travel as soon as the armistice is declared?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
2. What does Henry Adams begin to think about all politicians in "Political Morality"?
3. Who was NOT related to Henry Adams?
4. What political party does Henry Adams' father found?
5. Who publishes Henry Adams' articles on U.S. finance in "Darwinism"?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)