|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 Darwinism (1867-1868).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
(a) It is printed by a paper and satarized.
(b) It is turned into anti-war propaganda.
(c) It is read by his father instead.
(d) It is lost in the mail.
2. What did the Free Soil Party get from the Democrats when a Democrat became governor of Massachusetts?
(a) A position in the Massachusetts courts.
(b) A Senate seat.
(c) They got kicked out of Massachusetts.
(d) Five hundred dollars.
3. Who does Henry Adams say the social eccentrics sympathize with?
(a) No one.
(b) Members of Parliament.
(c) American eccentrics.
(d) The political eccentrics.
4. Who does Henry Adams write a few articles for?
(a) British Isles Review.
(b) North American Review.
(c) Italian Monthly.
(d) Washington Post.
5. In "The Perfection of Human Society", how does Henry Adams describe society that has no unity?
(a) It's like children running the government.
(b) It's like a maggot in cheese.
(c) It's like loose dogs in the street.
(d) It's like frogs that wandered into a pub.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who publishes Henry Adams' articles on U.S. finance in "Darwinism"?
2. Why do Henry Adams and his friends attend Harvard?
3. What position does Lincoln give Charles Francis Adams?
4. After spending time in Europe, what does Henry Adams decide to do with this part of his education?
5. During Chapter 2, "Boston", what plays the biggest role in Henry Adams' education?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)