|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 Darwinism (1867-1868).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Near the end of Chapter 5, "Berlin", what does Henry Adams suddenly starts to understand?
(d) His Harvard education.
2. What position does Henry Adams obtain at Harvard?
(a) Dean of Admissions.
(b) Class Orator.
(c) Resident Advisor.
(d) Class President.
3. What position does Lincoln give Charles Francis Adams?
(a) Supreme Court Justice.
(b) Secretary of State.
(c) Personal assistant.
(d) Minister to England.
4. What does Henry Adams feel correlates with the winter?
(c) Leaving home.
5. Why do Henry Adams and his friends attend Harvard?
(a) Good education.
(b) Social connections.
(c) They have free tuition.
(d) Their fathers went there.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Washington", how does Henry Adams describe the South?
2. According to Henry Adams in Chapter 12, who seems to be eccentric?
3. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
4. During Chapter 2, "Boston", what plays the biggest role in Henry Adams' education?
5. What does Henry Adams begin to collect in "Dilettamtism"?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)