|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 Darwinism (1867-1868).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is revealed after Russell passes away?
(a) How trustworthy he really was.
(b) His attempts to get the South back into the Union.
(c) His many mistresses.
(d) His ferver for trying to break up the United States.
2. In "Washington", how does Henry Adams describe the South?
(a) Dusty and slow.
(b) Rich and glitzy.
(c) Ragged and poor.
(d) Sunny and calm.
3. What did the Free Soil Party get from the Democrats when a Democrat became governor of Massachusetts?
(a) A Senate seat.
(b) A position in the Massachusetts courts.
(c) They got kicked out of Massachusetts.
(d) Five hundred dollars.
4. How did C.F. Adams' success in the Battle of the Rams impact his and Henry Adams' lives?
(a) They were granted a higher social position.
(b) They were given money as a reward.
(c) They were kicked out of social clubs.
(d) They earned titles in England.
5. What does Henry Adams feel correlates with the winter?
(d) Leaving home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Henry Adams celebrated in "The Battle of the Rams"?
2. What does Henry Adams call "the last refuge of the educated poor"?
3. What turned the Civil War in favor of the Union?
4. What part of Lyell's principles does Henry Adam's get stuck on in "Darwinism"?
5. In "Eccentricity", what does Henry Adams say is the beginning and end of political education?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)