|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 Darwinism (1867-1868).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the English feel about the Civil War?
(a) They are against the Union.
(b) They say they will form an alliance with whoever wins.
(c) They have no public opinion.
(d) They are in favor of the Union.
2. Who is the English Foreign Secretary?
(a) Charles Adams.
(b) Lord Cambridge.
(c) Lord Palmerston.
(d) Lord Russell.
3. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
(a) It is read by his father instead.
(b) It is turned into anti-war propaganda.
(c) It is lost in the mail.
(d) It is printed by a paper and satarized.
4. In "Political Morality", what position is Henry Adams almost promoted to?
(a) Head of the Legation.
(b) Associate Secretary.
(c) Assistant Secretary.
(d) Speaker of the Legation.
5. Why were Confederate cruisers able to escape British waters?
(a) Because C.F. Adams distracted the guards.
(b) Because C.F. Adams made a mistake.
(c) Because Lord Russell told them to.
(d) Because Lord Russell delayed action.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry Adams feel correlates with the winter?
2. How did C.F. Adams' success in the Battle of the Rams impact his and Henry Adams' lives?
3. How does Henry Adams interact with the elite society in "Foes and Friends"?
4. What does Henry Adams say every American woman did when presented with English manners?
5. What is revealed after Russell passes away?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)