|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 Darwinism (1867-1868).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Charles Swinbourne awe Henry Adams?
(a) With his political ties.
(b) With his poetry and conversation.
(c) With his newspaper articles.
(d) With his haphazard way of dressing.
2. In "Washington", how does Henry Adams describe the South?
(a) Ragged and poor.
(b) Dusty and slow.
(c) Sunny and calm.
(d) Rich and glitzy.
3. Who did William Gladstone try to include in his support of the South?
(a) C.F. Adams.
(b) Napoleon III.
(c) Lord Russell.
(d) Henry Adams.
4. During Chapter 2, "Boston", what plays the biggest role in Henry Adams' education?
(a) The church.
(b) His father.
(c) Yale University.
(d) Anti-slavery groups.
5. What part of Lyell's principles does Henry Adam's get stuck on in "Darwinism"?
(a) Glacier Theory.
(b) Mutation Theory.
(c) Backwards evolution.
(d) Uniform evolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the English Prime Minister try to turn Parliament against the United States in "Foes and Friends"?
2. When does Henry Adams decide to join the Army?
3. In "Boston", why did Henry Adams say he hates school?
4. What happens during the Adams' trip to Italy?
5. Who is the English Foreign Secretary?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)