|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 Darwinism (1867-1868).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Harvard", how does Henry Adams describe his years at Harvard?
(a) A period of bonding.
(b) The best preparation.
(c) Very boring.
(d) A waste of time.
2. How does Henry Adams interact with the elite society in "Foes and Friends"?
(a) He is too afraid to interact with them.
(b) His interactions are unsuccessful.
(c) He focuses too much on society and forgets about his education.
(d) His interactions convince them to side with him.
3. How does Henry Adams feel about society in England?
(a) He says there are too many rules.
(b) He worships it.
(c) He thinks it is classier than American society.
(d) He sees no point in it.
4. After returning from Europe, how does Henry Adams see the people of Washington, DC?
(a) Everyone seems confused.
(b) Everyone seems ignorant.
(c) Everyone seems to be anti-slavery.
(d) Everyone seems changed.
5. In "The Perfection of Human Society", how does Henry Adams describe society that has no unity?
(a) It's like frogs that wandered into a pub.
(b) It's like a maggot in cheese.
(c) It's like children running the government.
(d) It's like loose dogs in the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the Adams go to Italy for?
2. Where do Henry Adams and his sister travel as soon as the armistice is declared?
3. What position does Lincoln give Charles Francis Adams?
4. How does Henry Adams describe English society in "The Perfection of Human Society"?
5. What English company builds Ironclad rams?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)