|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 Darwinism (1867-1868).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Henry Adams begins his work in finance in "Darwinism", what does he suggest happen with U.S. currency?
(a) That they should release more.
(b) That is should be restrained.
(c) That it should be green.
(d) That it is left alone.
2. After returning from Europe, how does Henry Adams see the people of Washington, DC?
(a) Everyone seems changed.
(b) Everyone seems ignorant.
(c) Everyone seems to be anti-slavery.
(d) Everyone seems confused.
3. How does Charles Swinbourne awe Henry Adams?
(a) With his political ties.
(b) With his newspaper articles.
(c) With his poetry and conversation.
(d) With his haphazard way of dressing.
4. How did C.F. Adams' success in the Battle of the Rams impact his and Henry Adams' lives?
(a) They were given money as a reward.
(b) They were kicked out of social clubs.
(c) They earned titles in England.
(d) They were granted a higher social position.
5. Who is the English Foreign Secretary?
(a) Lord Palmerston.
(b) Charles Adams.
(c) Lord Russell.
(d) Lord Cambridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are foreigners treated in English society?
2. How did Henry Adams describe his response to invitations to formal dinners in "The Perfection of Human Society"?
3. What happens during the Adams' trip to Italy?
4. What position does Lincoln give Charles Francis Adams?
5. How does Henry Adams describe English society in "The Perfection of Human Society"?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)