|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 Darwinism (1867-1868).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What almost killed Henry Adams when he was eight?
(a) The British.
(b) A dog.
(c) Scarlet Fever.
2. In "Harvard", how does Henry Adams describe his years at Harvard?
(a) A waste of time.
(b) A period of bonding.
(c) Very boring.
(d) The best preparation.
3. What is Henry Adams' education like in Berlin?
(a) Endless lectures.
(b) Nothing but reading.
(c) There is no university in Berlin.
(d) Hands-on activities.
4. What English company builds Ironclad rams?
(a) Russell, Inc.
5. What is revealed after Russell passes away?
(a) His many mistresses.
(b) How trustworthy he really was.
(c) His attempts to get the South back into the Union.
(d) His ferver for trying to break up the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Henry Adams obtain at Harvard?
2. Who publishes Henry Adams' articles on U.S. finance in "Darwinism"?
3. In Chapter 10, who said: "The world can absorb only doses of truth. Too much would kill it"?
4. Who did William Gladstone try to include in his support of the South?
5. Why do Henry Adams and his friends attend Harvard?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)