|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 Darwinism (1867-1868).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did William Gladstone try to include in his support of the South?
(a) Lord Russell.
(b) C.F. Adams.
(c) Napoleon III.
(d) Henry Adams.
2. What happens during the Adams' trip to Italy?
(a) Johnson declares war.
(b) England is invaded.
(c) Lincoln is assassinated.
(d) The Legation ends.
3. What political party does Henry Adams' father found?
(a) Free Soil Party.
(b) Republican Party.
(c) Abolitionist Party.
(d) Bostonian Party.
4. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
(a) It is read by his father instead.
(b) It is lost in the mail.
(c) It is printed by a paper and satarized.
(d) It is turned into anti-war propaganda.
5. In "Treason", who does Henry Adams say needs an education?
(a) Charles Sumner.
(b) John Hay.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
Short Answer Questions
1. What turned the Civil War in favor of the Union?
2. How did C.F. Adams' success in the Battle of the Rams impact his and Henry Adams' lives?
3. Who is the English Foreign Secretary?
4. In "Washington", how does Henry Adams describe the South?
5. How does Henry Adams interact with the elite society in "Foes and Friends"?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)