|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 Darwinism (1867-1868).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the Lairds choose to represent them?
(a) C.F. Adams.
2. Who does Henry Adams say the social eccentrics sympathize with?
(a) Members of Parliament.
(b) No one.
(c) American eccentrics.
(d) The political eccentrics.
3. In "Eccentricity", what does Henry Adams say is the beginning and end of political education?
(a) The habits of the English.
(b) Knowledge of human nature.
(c) Time spent in Paris.
(d) Knowing how to properly bribe.
4. Where do Henry Adams and his sister travel as soon as the armistice is declared?
5. What happens during the Adams' trip to Italy?
(a) England is invaded.
(b) Lincoln is assassinated.
(c) Johnson declares war.
(d) The Legation ends.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, who said: "The world can absorb only doses of truth. Too much would kill it"?
2. Who is the English Foreign Secretary?
3. In "Treason", who does Henry Adams say needs an education?
4. What does Henry Adams do to learn German in "Berlin"?
5. In "Boston", why did Henry Adams say he hates school?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)