|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 Darwinism (1867-1868).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry Adams interact with the elite society in "Foes and Friends"?
(a) He focuses too much on society and forgets about his education.
(b) His interactions convince them to side with him.
(c) He is too afraid to interact with them.
(d) His interactions are unsuccessful.
2. In "Eccentricity", what does Henry Adams say is the beginning and end of political education?
(a) The habits of the English.
(b) Knowing how to properly bribe.
(c) Time spent in Paris.
(d) Knowledge of human nature.
3. How does Henry Adams feel about society in England?
(a) He sees no point in it.
(b) He thinks it is classier than American society.
(c) He worships it.
(d) He says there are too many rules.
4. How does Henry Adams describe English society in "The Perfection of Human Society"?
(d) Forward thinking.
5. What almost killed Henry Adams when he was eight?
(a) The British.
(c) Scarlet Fever.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the English Prime Minister try to turn Parliament against the United States in "Foes and Friends"?
2. How does Charles Swinbourne awe Henry Adams?
3. What part of Lyell's principles does Henry Adam's get stuck on in "Darwinism"?
4. Why do Henry Adams and his friends attend Harvard?
5. Who publishes Henry Adams' articles on U.S. finance in "Darwinism"?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)