|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 Darwinism (1867-1868).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the English feel about the Civil War?
(a) They have no public opinion.
(b) They say they will form an alliance with whoever wins.
(c) They are in favor of the Union.
(d) They are against the Union.
2. In "The Perfection of Human Society", how does Henry Adams describe society that has no unity?
(a) It's like frogs that wandered into a pub.
(b) It's like children running the government.
(c) It's like loose dogs in the street.
(d) It's like a maggot in cheese.
3. Who did William Gladstone try to include in his support of the South?
(a) Henry Adams.
(b) Napoleon III.
(c) Lord Russell.
(d) C.F. Adams.
4. Near the end of Chapter 5, "Berlin", what does Henry Adams suddenly starts to understand?
(b) His Harvard education.
5. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
(a) It is lost in the mail.
(b) It is turned into anti-war propaganda.
(c) It is printed by a paper and satarized.
(d) It is read by his father instead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Henry Adams celebrated in "The Battle of the Rams"?
2. How does Henry Adams describe English society in "The Perfection of Human Society"?
3. What almost killed Henry Adams when he was eight?
4. How are foreigners treated in English society?
5. In "The Battle of the Rams", why does Lord Russell often say he can not intervene?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)