|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 Darwinism (1867-1868).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Henry Adams in Chapter 12, who seems to be eccentric?
(a) The Lords and Ladies.
(b) The Confederates.
(c) Nearly everyone in England.
(d) His new group of artist friends.
2. How does the English Prime Minister try to turn Parliament against the United States in "Foes and Friends"?
(a) With blackmail.
(b) With money.
(c) With a note.
(d) With a long speech.
3. After volunteering to present Lyell's principles to people in the United States, how does Henry Adams come to feel about Darwinsim?
4. Why does Henry Adams feel that study of the Law is closed to him?
(a) Because of his lack of knowledge of law.
(b) Because his grandfather was a bad lawyer.
(c) Because he does not respect the law.
(d) Because of his time spent in diplomacy.
5. What does Henry Adams feel correlates with the winter?
(b) Leaving home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry Adams begin to think about all politicians in "Political Morality"?
2. What position does Henry Adams obtain at Harvard?
3. Who does Henry Adams write a few articles for?
4. When does Henry Adams decide to join the Army?
5. How did C.F. Adams' success in the Battle of the Rams impact his and Henry Adams' lives?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)