|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 Darwinism (1867-1868).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Henry Adams decide to join the Army?
(a) After the first battle of Bull Run.
(b) After Brooks talks him into it.
(c) After the second battle of Bull Run.
(d) After the Civil War ends.
2. What is revealed after Russell passes away?
(a) His ferver for trying to break up the United States.
(b) His attempts to get the South back into the Union.
(c) How trustworthy he really was.
(d) His many mistresses.
3. In "The Battle of the Rams", how is C.F. Adams' relationship with Lord Russell described?
4. After Henry Adams moves to Dresden, which two countries start a war?
(a) Germany and France.
(b) Italy and France.
(c) Russia and Germany.
(d) The United States and Japan.
5. What is Henry Adams' education like in Berlin?
(a) Endless lectures.
(b) Nothing but reading.
(c) There is no university in Berlin.
(d) Hands-on activities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were Confederate cruisers able to escape British waters?
2. What part of Lyell's principles does Henry Adam's get stuck on in "Darwinism"?
3. How are foreigners treated in English society?
4. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
5. In "Political Morality", what position is Henry Adams almost promoted to?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)