|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 Darwinism (1867-1868).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Henry Adams' father's political party have to do to gain power?
(a) Deal making and compromises.
(b) Get enough votes in the primary.
(c) Bribing people and secrets.
(d) Move into the South.
2. According to Henry Adams in Chapter 12, who seems to be eccentric?
(a) His new group of artist friends.
(b) Nearly everyone in England.
(c) The Lords and Ladies.
(d) The Confederates.
3. What is revealed after Russell passes away?
(a) How trustworthy he really was.
(b) His ferver for trying to break up the United States.
(c) His many mistresses.
(d) His attempts to get the South back into the Union.
4. Who did the Lairds choose to represent them?
(b) C.F. Adams.
5. After Henry Adams moves to Dresden, which two countries start a war?
(a) The United States and Japan.
(b) Russia and Germany.
(c) Germany and France.
(d) Italy and France.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Battle of the Rams", why does Lord Russell often say he can not intervene?
2. When does Henry Adams decide to join the Army?
3. Who did William Gladstone try to include in his support of the South?
4. After spending time in Europe, what does Henry Adams decide to do with this part of his education?
5. At the end of "Eccentricity", what does Henry Adams conclude about eccentricity?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)