|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 The Battle of the Rams (1863).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Harvard", how does Henry Adams describe his years at Harvard?
(a) A waste of time.
(b) A period of bonding.
(c) Very boring.
(d) The best preparation.
2. What did the Free Soil Party get from the Democrats when a Democrat became governor of Massachusetts?
(a) Five hundred dollars.
(b) A Senate seat.
(c) A position in the Massachusetts courts.
(d) They got kicked out of Massachusetts.
3. After Henry Adams moves to Dresden, which two countries start a war?
(a) Germany and France.
(b) Italy and France.
(c) Russia and Germany.
(d) The United States and Japan.
4. Why were Confederate cruisers able to escape British waters?
(a) Because Lord Russell delayed action.
(b) Because Lord Russell told them to.
(c) Because C.F. Adams made a mistake.
(d) Because C.F. Adams distracted the guards.
5. What does Henry Adams do to learn German in "Berlin"?
(a) Hires a tutor.
(b) Works alone using a book.
(c) Gets a job in Germany.
(d) Registers at a high school.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry Adams interact with the elite society in "Foes and Friends"?
2. Who is the English Foreign Secretary?
3. In "The Battle of the Rams", how is C.F. Adams' relationship with Lord Russell described?
4. What is revealed after Russell passes away?
5. What political party does Henry Adams' father found?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)