|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 The Battle of the Rams (1863).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry Adams do to learn German in "Berlin"?
(a) Registers at a high school.
(b) Hires a tutor.
(c) Gets a job in Germany.
(d) Works alone using a book.
2. During Chapter 2, "Boston", what plays the biggest role in Henry Adams' education?
(a) His father.
(b) Anti-slavery groups.
(c) The church.
(d) Yale University.
3. Where is Henry Adams celebrated in "The Battle of the Rams"?
(a) At the local pub.
(b) In Lord Russell's office.
(c) At a reception held by Milnes.
(d) Only in the United States.
4. Who did William Gladstone try to include in his support of the South?
(a) Napoleon III.
(b) Lord Russell.
(c) Henry Adams.
(d) C.F. Adams.
5. Who is the English Foreign Secretary?
(a) Lord Palmerston.
(b) Lord Cambridge.
(c) Charles Adams.
(d) Lord Russell.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Political Morality", what position is Henry Adams almost promoted to?
2. In "Boston", why did Henry Adams say he hates school?
3. What almost killed Henry Adams when he was eight?
4. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
5. How do the English feel about the Civil War?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)