|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 The Battle of the Rams (1863).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Treason", who does Henry Adams say needs an education?
(b) John Hay.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
(d) Charles Sumner.
2. Who is the English Foreign Secretary?
(a) Lord Russell.
(b) Lord Cambridge.
(c) Lord Palmerston.
(d) Charles Adams.
3. In "Harvard", how does Henry Adams describe his years at Harvard?
(a) The best preparation.
(b) A period of bonding.
(c) Very boring.
(d) A waste of time.
4. Near the end of Chapter 5, "Berlin", what does Henry Adams suddenly starts to understand?
(d) His Harvard education.
5. What did the Free Soil Party get from the Democrats when a Democrat became governor of Massachusetts?
(a) A position in the Massachusetts courts.
(b) They got kicked out of Massachusetts.
(c) Five hundred dollars.
(d) A Senate seat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charles Swinbourne awe Henry Adams?
2. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
3. After returning from Europe, how does Henry Adams see the people of Washington, DC?
4. How do the English feel about the Civil War?
5. How does Henry Adams interact with the elite society in "Foes and Friends"?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)