|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 The Battle of the Rams (1863).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After returning from Europe, how does Henry Adams see the people of Washington, DC?
(a) Everyone seems ignorant.
(b) Everyone seems changed.
(c) Everyone seems confused.
(d) Everyone seems to be anti-slavery.
2. How does Henry Adams interact with the elite society in "Foes and Friends"?
(a) His interactions convince them to side with him.
(b) His interactions are unsuccessful.
(c) He focuses too much on society and forgets about his education.
(d) He is too afraid to interact with them.
3. After spending time in Europe, what does Henry Adams decide to do with this part of his education?
(a) Continue it for six more months.
(b) End it and return home.
(c) Value it above all the other parts.
(d) End it and travel to Asia.
4. Trying to stop the English constructed rams is called what type of battle in "The Battle of the Rams"?
(a) The only battle.
(b) A military battle.
(c) A silent battle.
(d) A diplomatic battle.
5. What did Henry Adams' father's political party have to do to gain power?
(a) Move into the South.
(b) Deal making and compromises.
(c) Get enough votes in the primary.
(d) Bribing people and secrets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is revealed after Russell passes away?
2. In "Harvard", how does Henry Adams describe his years at Harvard?
3. When does Henry Adams decide to join the Army?
4. What position does Lincoln give Charles Francis Adams?
5. In "Washington", how does Henry Adams describe the South?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)