|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 The Battle of the Rams (1863).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
(a) It is lost in the mail.
(b) It is turned into anti-war propaganda.
(c) It is printed by a paper and satarized.
(d) It is read by his father instead.
2. What did Henry Adams' father's political party have to do to gain power?
(a) Move into the South.
(b) Bribing people and secrets.
(c) Get enough votes in the primary.
(d) Deal making and compromises.
3. In "The Battle of the Rams", why does Lord Russell often say he can not intervene?
(a) To down play his power in the war.
(b) To get C.F. Adams on his side.
(c) To stall until the rams can be completed.
(d) To prove that he is neutral.
4. What position does Lincoln give Charles Francis Adams?
(a) Personal assistant.
(b) Secretary of State.
(c) Minister to England.
(d) Supreme Court Justice.
5. Who is the English Foreign Secretary?
(a) Charles Adams.
(b) Lord Palmerston.
(c) Lord Cambridge.
(d) Lord Russell.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Political Morality", what position is Henry Adams almost promoted to?
2. What is Henry Adams' education like in Berlin?
3. Where is Henry Adams celebrated in "The Battle of the Rams"?
4. Why do Henry Adams and his friends attend Harvard?
5. Who was NOT related to Henry Adams?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)