|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 The Battle of the Rams (1863).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry Adams interact with the elite society in "Foes and Friends"?
(a) His interactions convince them to side with him.
(b) He focuses too much on society and forgets about his education.
(c) His interactions are unsuccessful.
(d) He is too afraid to interact with them.
2. What English company builds Ironclad rams?
(c) Russell, Inc.
3. In "Washington", how does Henry Adams describe the South?
(a) Ragged and poor.
(b) Sunny and calm.
(c) Dusty and slow.
(d) Rich and glitzy.
4. What position does Henry Adams obtain at Harvard?
(a) Class Orator.
(b) Dean of Admissions.
(c) Class President.
(d) Resident Advisor.
5. Who is the English Foreign Secretary?
(a) Charles Adams.
(b) Lord Cambridge.
(c) Lord Russell.
(d) Lord Palmerston.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is John Hay when Henry Adams first meets him?
2. Where do Henry Adams and his sister travel as soon as the armistice is declared?
3. Why were Confederate cruisers able to escape British waters?
4. What does Henry Adams begin to think about all politicians in "Political Morality"?
5. How does Henry Adams feel about society in England?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)