|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 The Battle of the Rams (1863).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Free Soil Party get from the Democrats when a Democrat became governor of Massachusetts?
(a) A position in the Massachusetts courts.
(b) A Senate seat.
(c) They got kicked out of Massachusetts.
(d) Five hundred dollars.
2. In "Political Morality", what position is Henry Adams almost promoted to?
(a) Assistant Secretary.
(b) Associate Secretary.
(c) Head of the Legation.
(d) Speaker of the Legation.
3. What turned the Civil War in favor of the Union?
(a) Victories at Gettysburg and Vicksburg.
(b) C.F. Adams' logic.
(c) Convincing the English to sell them ironclad rams.
(d) Diplomatic victories in Canada.
4. How does Henry Adams interact with the elite society in "Foes and Friends"?
(a) He is too afraid to interact with them.
(b) His interactions convince them to side with him.
(c) His interactions are unsuccessful.
(d) He focuses too much on society and forgets about his education.
5. In "The Battle of the Rams", how is C.F. Adams' relationship with Lord Russell described?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Henry Adams and his friends attend Harvard?
2. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
3. When does Henry Adams decide to join the Army?
4. Who is the English Foreign Secretary?
5. After Henry Adams moves to Dresden, which two countries start a war?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)