|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 The Battle of the Rams (1863).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Chapter 2, "Boston", what plays the biggest role in Henry Adams' education?
(a) His father.
(b) The church.
(c) Yale University.
(d) Anti-slavery groups.
2. What almost killed Henry Adams when he was eight?
(a) The British.
(b) Scarlet Fever.
(c) A dog.
3. When does Henry Adams decide to join the Army?
(a) After the second battle of Bull Run.
(b) After the first battle of Bull Run.
(c) After Brooks talks him into it.
(d) After the Civil War ends.
4. Where is Henry Adams celebrated in "The Battle of the Rams"?
(a) At the local pub.
(b) At a reception held by Milnes.
(c) Only in the United States.
(d) In Lord Russell's office.
5. Who did William Gladstone try to include in his support of the South?
(a) Napoleon III.
(b) Lord Russell.
(c) Henry Adams.
(d) C.F. Adams.
Short Answer Questions
1. Trying to stop the English constructed rams is called what type of battle in "The Battle of the Rams"?
2. How does Charles Swinbourne awe Henry Adams?
3. In "Harvard", how does Henry Adams describe his years at Harvard?
4. What position does Henry Adams obtain at Harvard?
5. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)