|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 The Battle of the Rams (1863).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Battle of the Rams", how is C.F. Adams' relationship with Lord Russell described?
2. Who is the English Foreign Secretary?
(a) Lord Cambridge.
(b) Charles Adams.
(c) Lord Russell.
(d) Lord Palmerston.
3. Near the end of Chapter 5, "Berlin", what does Henry Adams suddenly starts to understand?
(d) His Harvard education.
4. After returning from Europe, how does Henry Adams see the people of Washington, DC?
(a) Everyone seems confused.
(b) Everyone seems changed.
(c) Everyone seems ignorant.
(d) Everyone seems to be anti-slavery.
5. What does Henry Adams begin to think about all politicians in "Political Morality"?
(a) That they are elite.
(b) That they are uneducated.
(c) That they are dishonest.
(d) That they are too educated.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry Adams feel about society in England?
2. When does Henry Adams decide to join the Army?
3. Who did William Gladstone try to include in his support of the South?
4. Trying to stop the English constructed rams is called what type of battle in "The Battle of the Rams"?
5. In "The Battle of the Rams", why does Lord Russell often say he can not intervene?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)