|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 The Battle of the Rams (1863).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry Adams begin to think about all politicians in "Political Morality"?
(a) That they are dishonest.
(b) That they are elite.
(c) That they are uneducated.
(d) That they are too educated.
2. During Chapter 2, "Boston", what plays the biggest role in Henry Adams' education?
(a) Yale University.
(b) The church.
(c) His father.
(d) Anti-slavery groups.
3. What English company builds Ironclad rams?
(c) Russell, Inc.
4. How does Henry Adams feel about society in England?
(a) He thinks it is classier than American society.
(b) He sees no point in it.
(c) He says there are too many rules.
(d) He worships it.
5. What turned the Civil War in favor of the Union?
(a) Diplomatic victories in Canada.
(b) Victories at Gettysburg and Vicksburg.
(c) C.F. Adams' logic.
(d) Convincing the English to sell them ironclad rams.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the English Prime Minister try to turn Parliament against the United States in "Foes and Friends"?
2. What position does Lincoln give Charles Francis Adams?
3. What did Henry Adams' father's political party have to do to gain power?
4. After spending time in Europe, what does Henry Adams decide to do with this part of his education?
5. How does Henry Adams interact with the elite society in "Foes and Friends"?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)