|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 The Battle of the Rams (1863).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry Adams begin to think about all politicians in "Political Morality"?
(a) That they are elite.
(b) That they are too educated.
(c) That they are dishonest.
(d) That they are uneducated.
2. Why were Confederate cruisers able to escape British waters?
(a) Because Lord Russell delayed action.
(b) Because C.F. Adams made a mistake.
(c) Because Lord Russell told them to.
(d) Because C.F. Adams distracted the guards.
3. What English company builds Ironclad rams?
(d) Russell, Inc.
4. Near the end of Chapter 5, "Berlin", what does Henry Adams suddenly starts to understand?
(b) His Harvard education.
5. What almost killed Henry Adams when he was eight?
(a) Scarlet Fever.
(b) The British.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the English feel about the Civil War?
2. After returning from Europe, how does Henry Adams see the people of Washington, DC?
3. Trying to stop the English constructed rams is called what type of battle in "The Battle of the Rams"?
4. How does the English Prime Minister try to turn Parliament against the United States in "Foes and Friends"?
5. In Chapter 10, who said: "The world can absorb only doses of truth. Too much would kill it"?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)