|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 The Battle of the Rams (1863).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Boston", why did Henry Adams say he hates school?
(a) Because he had to read alone.
(b) Because he had to do partner work.
(c) Because they were lying to him.
(d) Because he had to learn by rote.
2. Why do Henry Adams and his friends attend Harvard?
(a) They have free tuition.
(b) Their fathers went there.
(c) Social connections.
(d) Good education.
3. In "Political Morality", what position is Henry Adams almost promoted to?
(a) Head of the Legation.
(b) Speaker of the Legation.
(c) Assistant Secretary.
(d) Associate Secretary.
4. What position does Lincoln give Charles Francis Adams?
(a) Supreme Court Justice.
(b) Secretary of State.
(c) Personal assistant.
(d) Minister to England.
5. Who is John Hay when Henry Adams first meets him?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A new congressman.
(c) An old newspaper reporter.
(d) A young, private secretary.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Henry Adams decide to join the Army?
2. What does Henry Adams feel correlates with the winter?
3. What turned the Civil War in favor of the Union?
4. In "The Battle of the Rams", why does Lord Russell often say he can not intervene?
5. What did the Free Soil Party get from the Democrats when a Democrat became governor of Massachusetts?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)