|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 The Battle of the Rams (1863).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What almost killed Henry Adams when he was eight?
(a) A dog.
(c) Scarlet Fever.
(d) The British.
2. How does Henry Adams feel about society in England?
(a) He thinks it is classier than American society.
(b) He says there are too many rules.
(c) He worships it.
(d) He sees no point in it.
3. What does Henry Adams do to learn German in "Berlin"?
(a) Gets a job in Germany.
(b) Registers at a high school.
(c) Works alone using a book.
(d) Hires a tutor.
4. In "The Battle of the Rams", how is C.F. Adams' relationship with Lord Russell described?
5. How does the English Prime Minister try to turn Parliament against the United States in "Foes and Friends"?
(a) With a long speech.
(b) With money.
(c) With blackmail.
(d) With a note.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did William Gladstone try to include in his support of the South?
2. Where do Henry Adams and his sister travel as soon as the armistice is declared?
3. What is Henry Adams' education like in Berlin?
4. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
5. How does Charles Swinbourne awe Henry Adams?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)