|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 The Battle of the Rams (1863).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Henry Adams and his sister travel as soon as the armistice is declared?
2. What is Henry Adams' education like in Berlin?
(a) There is no university in Berlin.
(b) Endless lectures.
(c) Nothing but reading.
(d) Hands-on activities.
3. What position does Lincoln give Charles Francis Adams?
(a) Secretary of State.
(b) Supreme Court Justice.
(c) Minister to England.
(d) Personal assistant.
4. What did Henry Adams' father's political party have to do to gain power?
(a) Move into the South.
(b) Deal making and compromises.
(c) Bribing people and secrets.
(d) Get enough votes in the primary.
5. How do the English feel about the Civil War?
(a) They are in favor of the Union.
(b) They say they will form an alliance with whoever wins.
(c) They are against the Union.
(d) They have no public opinion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Henry Adams obtain at Harvard?
2. In Chapter 10, who said: "The world can absorb only doses of truth. Too much would kill it"?
3. What English company builds Ironclad rams?
4. Who was NOT related to Henry Adams?
5. Where is Henry Adams celebrated in "The Battle of the Rams"?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)