|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 The Battle of the Rams (1863).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is revealed after Russell passes away?
(a) His ferver for trying to break up the United States.
(b) How trustworthy he really was.
(c) His many mistresses.
(d) His attempts to get the South back into the Union.
2. Where is Henry Adams celebrated in "The Battle of the Rams"?
(a) In Lord Russell's office.
(b) Only in the United States.
(c) At the local pub.
(d) At a reception held by Milnes.
3. In "The Battle of the Rams", why does Lord Russell often say he can not intervene?
(a) To down play his power in the war.
(b) To prove that he is neutral.
(c) To get C.F. Adams on his side.
(d) To stall until the rams can be completed.
4. What is Henry Adams' education like in Berlin?
(a) Hands-on activities.
(b) Endless lectures.
(c) Nothing but reading.
(d) There is no university in Berlin.
5. Who is the English Foreign Secretary?
(a) Lord Russell.
(b) Lord Cambridge.
(c) Lord Palmerston.
(d) Charles Adams.
Short Answer Questions
1. Trying to stop the English constructed rams is called what type of battle in "The Battle of the Rams"?
2. What political party does Henry Adams' father found?
3. Where do Henry Adams and his sister travel as soon as the armistice is declared?
4. What does Henry Adams feel correlates with the winter?
5. What position does Henry Adams obtain at Harvard?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)