|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 The Battle of the Rams (1863).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is John Hay when Henry Adams first meets him?
(a) A teacher.
(b) An old newspaper reporter.
(c) A young, private secretary.
(d) A new congressman.
2. What position does Henry Adams obtain at Harvard?
(a) Dean of Admissions.
(b) Class Orator.
(c) Class President.
(d) Resident Advisor.
3. What English company builds Ironclad rams?
(d) Russell, Inc.
4. How does the English Prime Minister try to turn Parliament against the United States in "Foes and Friends"?
(a) With a long speech.
(b) With a note.
(c) With blackmail.
(d) With money.
5. Who is the English Foreign Secretary?
(a) Charles Adams.
(b) Lord Cambridge.
(c) Lord Russell.
(d) Lord Palmerston.
Short Answer Questions
1. What almost killed Henry Adams when he was eight?
2. After returning from Europe, how does Henry Adams see the people of Washington, DC?
3. Trying to stop the English constructed rams is called what type of battle in "The Battle of the Rams"?
4. How does Henry Adams feel about society in England?
5. What does Henry Adams begin to think about all politicians in "Political Morality"?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)