|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 The Battle of the Rams (1863).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Political Morality", what position is Henry Adams almost promoted to?
(a) Speaker of the Legation.
(b) Associate Secretary.
(c) Assistant Secretary.
(d) Head of the Legation.
2. What does Henry Adams feel correlates with the winter?
(b) Leaving home.
3. In "Boston", why did Henry Adams say he hates school?
(a) Because he had to learn by rote.
(b) Because he had to read alone.
(c) Because he had to do partner work.
(d) Because they were lying to him.
4. What almost killed Henry Adams when he was eight?
(a) A dog.
(b) The British.
(d) Scarlet Fever.
5. What is revealed after Russell passes away?
(a) His attempts to get the South back into the Union.
(b) How trustworthy he really was.
(c) His ferver for trying to break up the United States.
(d) His many mistresses.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry Adams interact with the elite society in "Foes and Friends"?
2. Who is the English Foreign Secretary?
3. Where do Henry Adams and his sister travel as soon as the armistice is declared?
4. In "The Battle of the Rams", why does Lord Russell often say he can not intervene?
5. Where is Henry Adams celebrated in "The Battle of the Rams"?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)