|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 The Battle of the Rams (1863).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry Adams begin to think about all politicians in "Political Morality"?
(a) That they are dishonest.
(b) That they are elite.
(c) That they are too educated.
(d) That they are uneducated.
2. In "Washington", how does Henry Adams describe the South?
(a) Ragged and poor.
(b) Dusty and slow.
(c) Sunny and calm.
(d) Rich and glitzy.
3. After Henry Adams moves to Dresden, which two countries start a war?
(a) Germany and France.
(b) Russia and Germany.
(c) Italy and France.
(d) The United States and Japan.
4. In "Treason", who does Henry Adams say needs an education?
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(b) John Hay.
(c) Charles Sumner.
5. Why do Henry Adams and his friends attend Harvard?
(a) Good education.
(b) Their fathers went there.
(c) Social connections.
(d) They have free tuition.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was NOT related to Henry Adams?
2. In "Political Morality", what position is Henry Adams almost promoted to?
3. Who is John Hay when Henry Adams first meets him?
4. What did Henry Adams' father's political party have to do to gain power?
5. What almost killed Henry Adams when he was eight?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)