|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 The Battle of the Rams (1863).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Chapter 2, "Boston", what plays the biggest role in Henry Adams' education?
(a) The church.
(b) Anti-slavery groups.
(c) Yale University.
(d) His father.
2. In "Political Morality", what position is Henry Adams almost promoted to?
(a) Associate Secretary.
(b) Speaker of the Legation.
(c) Head of the Legation.
(d) Assistant Secretary.
3. How does Henry Adams feel about society in England?
(a) He thinks it is classier than American society.
(b) He sees no point in it.
(c) He worships it.
(d) He says there are too many rules.
4. After spending time in Europe, what does Henry Adams decide to do with this part of his education?
(a) Continue it for six more months.
(b) End it and return home.
(c) End it and travel to Asia.
(d) Value it above all the other parts.
5. Who is John Hay when Henry Adams first meets him?
(a) An old newspaper reporter.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A new congressman.
(d) A young, private secretary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Henry Adams obtain at Harvard?
2. How does Charles Swinbourne awe Henry Adams?
3. Why were Confederate cruisers able to escape British waters?
4. What does Henry Adams feel correlates with the winter?
5. After Henry Adams moves to Dresden, which two countries start a war?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)