|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 The Battle of the Rams (1863).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the English Foreign Secretary?
(a) Charles Adams.
(b) Lord Palmerston.
(c) Lord Russell.
(d) Lord Cambridge.
2. How do the English feel about the Civil War?
(a) They have no public opinion.
(b) They are in favor of the Union.
(c) They are against the Union.
(d) They say they will form an alliance with whoever wins.
3. How does Henry Adams interact with the elite society in "Foes and Friends"?
(a) His interactions are unsuccessful.
(b) He focuses too much on society and forgets about his education.
(c) His interactions convince them to side with him.
(d) He is too afraid to interact with them.
4. During Chapter 2, "Boston", what plays the biggest role in Henry Adams' education?
(a) Yale University.
(b) The church.
(c) Anti-slavery groups.
(d) His father.
5. How does the English Prime Minister try to turn Parliament against the United States in "Foes and Friends"?
(a) With blackmail.
(b) With a long speech.
(c) With a note.
(d) With money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Trying to stop the English constructed rams is called what type of battle in "The Battle of the Rams"?
2. Who is John Hay when Henry Adams first meets him?
3. Who was NOT related to Henry Adams?
4. In "Political Morality", what position is Henry Adams almost promoted to?
5. What position does Henry Adams obtain at Harvard?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)