|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 The Battle of the Rams (1863).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What almost killed Henry Adams when he was eight?
(a) Scarlet Fever.
(c) The British.
(d) A dog.
2. What position does Henry Adams obtain at Harvard?
(a) Class Orator.
(b) Dean of Admissions.
(c) Class President.
(d) Resident Advisor.
3. In "Washington", how does Henry Adams describe the South?
(a) Dusty and slow.
(b) Ragged and poor.
(c) Rich and glitzy.
(d) Sunny and calm.
4. Who was NOT related to Henry Adams?
(a) John Quincy Adams.
(b) Samuel Adams.
(c) Francis Adams.
(d) John Adams.
5. What did the Free Soil Party get from the Democrats when a Democrat became governor of Massachusetts?
(a) Five hundred dollars.
(b) They got kicked out of Massachusetts.
(c) A position in the Massachusetts courts.
(d) A Senate seat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Henry Adams and his friends attend Harvard?
2. Who is the English Foreign Secretary?
3. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
4. In "Boston", why did Henry Adams say he hates school?
5. In "The Battle of the Rams", how is C.F. Adams' relationship with Lord Russell described?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)