|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 The Battle of the Rams (1863).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Chapter 2, "Boston", what plays the biggest role in Henry Adams' education?
(a) Anti-slavery groups.
(b) His father.
(c) The church.
(d) Yale University.
2. In Chapter 10, who said: "The world can absorb only doses of truth. Too much would kill it"?
(a) Thurlow Weed.
(b) William M. Evarts.
(c) Henry Adams.
(d) Lord Russell.
3. What does Henry Adams do to learn German in "Berlin"?
(a) Registers at a high school.
(b) Hires a tutor.
(c) Gets a job in Germany.
(d) Works alone using a book.
4. What did the Free Soil Party get from the Democrats when a Democrat became governor of Massachusetts?
(a) A position in the Massachusetts courts.
(b) A Senate seat.
(c) They got kicked out of Massachusetts.
(d) Five hundred dollars.
5. What is Henry Adams' education like in Berlin?
(a) Nothing but reading.
(b) There is no university in Berlin.
(c) Hands-on activities.
(d) Endless lectures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry Adams begin to think about all politicians in "Political Morality"?
2. Who did William Gladstone try to include in his support of the South?
3. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
4. In "The Battle of the Rams", why does Lord Russell often say he can not intervene?
5. What position does Lincoln give Charles Francis Adams?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)