|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 The Battle of the Rams (1863).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Trying to stop the English constructed rams is called what type of battle in "The Battle of the Rams"?
(a) A military battle.
(b) A diplomatic battle.
(c) The only battle.
(d) A silent battle.
2. What turned the Civil War in favor of the Union?
(a) Victories at Gettysburg and Vicksburg.
(b) Diplomatic victories in Canada.
(c) C.F. Adams' logic.
(d) Convincing the English to sell them ironclad rams.
3. What does Henry Adams do to learn German in "Berlin"?
(a) Registers at a high school.
(b) Hires a tutor.
(c) Works alone using a book.
(d) Gets a job in Germany.
4. What did Henry Adams' father's political party have to do to gain power?
(a) Move into the South.
(b) Deal making and compromises.
(c) Bribing people and secrets.
(d) Get enough votes in the primary.
5. What English company builds Ironclad rams?
(a) Russell, Inc.
Short Answer Questions
1. After returning from Europe, how does Henry Adams see the people of Washington, DC?
2. How do the English feel about the Civil War?
3. Near the end of Chapter 5, "Berlin", what does Henry Adams suddenly starts to understand?
4. Who is John Hay when Henry Adams first meets him?
5. Where is Henry Adams celebrated in "The Battle of the Rams"?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)