|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 The Battle of the Rams (1863).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was NOT related to Henry Adams?
(a) John Quincy Adams.
(b) Francis Adams.
(c) Samuel Adams.
(d) John Adams.
2. In "Treason", who does Henry Adams say needs an education?
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) John Hay.
(d) Charles Sumner.
3. How does Henry Adams interact with the elite society in "Foes and Friends"?
(a) He is too afraid to interact with them.
(b) His interactions are unsuccessful.
(c) He focuses too much on society and forgets about his education.
(d) His interactions convince them to side with him.
4. During Chapter 2, "Boston", what plays the biggest role in Henry Adams' education?
(a) Anti-slavery groups.
(b) Yale University.
(c) His father.
(d) The church.
5. In "Political Morality", what position is Henry Adams almost promoted to?
(a) Head of the Legation.
(b) Assistant Secretary.
(c) Associate Secretary.
(d) Speaker of the Legation.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, who said: "The world can absorb only doses of truth. Too much would kill it"?
2. What does Henry Adams begin to think about all politicians in "Political Morality"?
3. In "Washington", how does Henry Adams describe the South?
4. What English company builds Ironclad rams?
5. What does Henry Adams feel correlates with the winter?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)