|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 The Battle of the Rams (1863).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Henry Adams and his friends attend Harvard?
(a) They have free tuition.
(b) Their fathers went there.
(c) Social connections.
(d) Good education.
2. Who is the English Foreign Secretary?
(a) Charles Adams.
(b) Lord Palmerston.
(c) Lord Cambridge.
(d) Lord Russell.
3. What is Henry Adams' education like in Berlin?
(a) Nothing but reading.
(b) Endless lectures.
(c) Hands-on activities.
(d) There is no university in Berlin.
4. After spending time in Europe, what does Henry Adams decide to do with this part of his education?
(a) End it and travel to Asia.
(b) Continue it for six more months.
(c) End it and return home.
(d) Value it above all the other parts.
5. What position does Henry Adams obtain at Harvard?
(a) Resident Advisor.
(b) Dean of Admissions.
(c) Class Orator.
(d) Class President.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Henry Adams and his sister travel as soon as the armistice is declared?
2. Who was NOT related to Henry Adams?
3. How does the English Prime Minister try to turn Parliament against the United States in "Foes and Friends"?
4. In "The Battle of the Rams", why does Lord Russell often say he can not intervene?
5. In "Political Morality", what position is Henry Adams almost promoted to?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)