|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 The Battle of the Rams (1863).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Henry Adams and his sister travel as soon as the armistice is declared?
2. What position does Lincoln give Charles Francis Adams?
(a) Minister to England.
(b) Secretary of State.
(c) Personal assistant.
(d) Supreme Court Justice.
3. How do the English feel about the Civil War?
(a) They are in favor of the Union.
(b) They say they will form an alliance with whoever wins.
(c) They have no public opinion.
(d) They are against the Union.
4. Near the end of Chapter 5, "Berlin", what does Henry Adams suddenly starts to understand?
(a) His Harvard education.
5. After spending time in Europe, what does Henry Adams decide to do with this part of his education?
(a) End it and return home.
(b) Value it above all the other parts.
(c) End it and travel to Asia.
(d) Continue it for six more months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry Adams do to learn German in "Berlin"?
2. What does Henry Adams begin to think about all politicians in "Political Morality"?
3. How does Henry Adams interact with the elite society in "Foes and Friends"?
4. What did the Free Soil Party get from the Democrats when a Democrat became governor of Massachusetts?
5. In "Treason", who does Henry Adams say needs an education?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)