|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 The Battle of the Rams (1863).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Near the end of Chapter 5, "Berlin", what does Henry Adams suddenly starts to understand?
(b) His Harvard education.
2. What political party does Henry Adams' father found?
(a) Republican Party.
(b) Abolitionist Party.
(c) Free Soil Party.
(d) Bostonian Party.
3. What does Henry Adams do to learn German in "Berlin"?
(a) Registers at a high school.
(b) Hires a tutor.
(c) Gets a job in Germany.
(d) Works alone using a book.
4. What did Henry Adams' father's political party have to do to gain power?
(a) Deal making and compromises.
(b) Bribing people and secrets.
(c) Move into the South.
(d) Get enough votes in the primary.
5. During Chapter 2, "Boston", what plays the biggest role in Henry Adams' education?
(a) Anti-slavery groups.
(b) Yale University.
(c) The church.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the English Foreign Secretary?
2. What does Henry Adams feel correlates with the winter?
3. What did the Free Soil Party get from the Democrats when a Democrat became governor of Massachusetts?
4. What almost killed Henry Adams when he was eight?
5. Who is John Hay when Henry Adams first meets him?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)