|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 The Battle of the Rams (1863).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry Adams do to learn German in "Berlin"?
(a) Hires a tutor.
(b) Works alone using a book.
(c) Registers at a high school.
(d) Gets a job in Germany.
2. What did Henry Adams' father's political party have to do to gain power?
(a) Bribing people and secrets.
(b) Deal making and compromises.
(c) Move into the South.
(d) Get enough votes in the primary.
3. In "Boston", why did Henry Adams say he hates school?
(a) Because he had to do partner work.
(b) Because he had to learn by rote.
(c) Because they were lying to him.
(d) Because he had to read alone.
4. Who did William Gladstone try to include in his support of the South?
(a) C.F. Adams.
(b) Napoleon III.
(c) Henry Adams.
(d) Lord Russell.
5. How does Henry Adams interact with the elite society in "Foes and Friends"?
(a) His interactions convince them to side with him.
(b) He focuses too much on society and forgets about his education.
(c) His interactions are unsuccessful.
(d) He is too afraid to interact with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Henry Adams celebrated in "The Battle of the Rams"?
2. What does Henry Adams begin to think about all politicians in "Political Morality"?
3. Where do Henry Adams and his sister travel as soon as the armistice is declared?
4. How does Charles Swinbourne awe Henry Adams?
5. When does Henry Adams decide to join the Army?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)