|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 Foes and Friends (1862).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does Henry Adams obtain at Harvard?
(a) Dean of Admissions.
(b) Class Orator.
(c) Class President.
(d) Resident Advisor.
2. What did the Free Soil Party get from the Democrats when a Democrat became governor of Massachusetts?
(a) A position in the Massachusetts courts.
(b) Five hundred dollars.
(c) They got kicked out of Massachusetts.
(d) A Senate seat.
3. After returning from Europe, how does Henry Adams see the people of Washington, DC?
(a) Everyone seems ignorant.
(b) Everyone seems changed.
(c) Everyone seems to be anti-slavery.
(d) Everyone seems confused.
4. In "Washington", how does Henry Adams describe the South?
(a) Dusty and slow.
(b) Sunny and calm.
(c) Rich and glitzy.
(d) Ragged and poor.
5. What is Henry Adams' education like in Berlin?
(a) Hands-on activities.
(b) Endless lectures.
(c) There is no university in Berlin.
(d) Nothing but reading.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Harvard", how does Henry Adams describe his years at Harvard?
2. When does Henry Adams decide to join the Army?
3. Why do Henry Adams and his friends attend Harvard?
4. After Henry Adams moves to Dresden, which two countries start a war?
5. Where do Henry Adams and his sister travel as soon as the armistice is declared?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)