|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 Foes and Friends (1862).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the English Foreign Secretary?
(a) Lord Cambridge.
(b) Charles Adams.
(c) Lord Palmerston.
(d) Lord Russell.
2. Near the end of Chapter 5, "Berlin", what does Henry Adams suddenly starts to understand?
(d) His Harvard education.
3. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
(a) It is read by his father instead.
(b) It is lost in the mail.
(c) It is printed by a paper and satarized.
(d) It is turned into anti-war propaganda.
4. Where do Henry Adams and his sister travel as soon as the armistice is declared?
5. How does the English Prime Minister try to turn Parliament against the United States in "Foes and Friends"?
(a) With money.
(b) With a note.
(c) With a long speech.
(d) With blackmail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What political party does Henry Adams' father found?
2. What did the Free Soil Party get from the Democrats when a Democrat became governor of Massachusetts?
3. How does Henry Adams feel about society in England?
4. How does Henry Adams interact with the elite society in "Foes and Friends"?
5. What does Henry Adams feel correlates with the winter?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)