|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 Foes and Friends (1862).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry Adams do to learn German in "Berlin"?
(a) Gets a job in Germany.
(b) Registers at a high school.
(c) Hires a tutor.
(d) Works alone using a book.
2. Near the end of Chapter 5, "Berlin", what does Henry Adams suddenly starts to understand?
(b) His Harvard education.
3. What almost killed Henry Adams when he was eight?
(a) The British.
(b) Scarlet Fever.
(d) A dog.
4. What did the Free Soil Party get from the Democrats when a Democrat became governor of Massachusetts?
(a) They got kicked out of Massachusetts.
(b) A Senate seat.
(c) Five hundred dollars.
(d) A position in the Massachusetts courts.
5. What position does Henry Adams obtain at Harvard?
(a) Class President.
(b) Class Orator.
(c) Resident Advisor.
(d) Dean of Admissions.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the English feel about the Civil War?
2. After returning from Europe, how does Henry Adams see the people of Washington, DC?
3. How does Henry Adams interact with the elite society in "Foes and Friends"?
4. In "Boston", why did Henry Adams say he hates school?
5. During Chapter 2, "Boston", what plays the biggest role in Henry Adams' education?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)