|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 Foes and Friends (1862).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After spending time in Europe, what does Henry Adams decide to do with this part of his education?
(a) End it and travel to Asia.
(b) End it and return home.
(c) Value it above all the other parts.
(d) Continue it for six more months.
2. After Henry Adams moves to Dresden, which two countries start a war?
(a) Germany and France.
(b) Russia and Germany.
(c) The United States and Japan.
(d) Italy and France.
3. What does Henry Adams do to learn German in "Berlin"?
(a) Works alone using a book.
(b) Gets a job in Germany.
(c) Registers at a high school.
(d) Hires a tutor.
4. Near the end of Chapter 5, "Berlin", what does Henry Adams suddenly starts to understand?
(d) His Harvard education.
5. After returning from Europe, how does Henry Adams see the people of Washington, DC?
(a) Everyone seems confused.
(b) Everyone seems ignorant.
(c) Everyone seems to be anti-slavery.
(d) Everyone seems changed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the English Foreign Secretary?
2. Who was NOT related to Henry Adams?
3. During Chapter 2, "Boston", what plays the biggest role in Henry Adams' education?
4. What is Henry Adams' education like in Berlin?
5. In "Harvard", how does Henry Adams describe his years at Harvard?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)