|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 Foes and Friends (1862).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the English Prime Minister try to turn Parliament against the United States in "Foes and Friends"?
(a) With a long speech.
(b) With money.
(c) With blackmail.
(d) With a note.
2. Who is the English Foreign Secretary?
(a) Charles Adams.
(b) Lord Palmerston.
(c) Lord Cambridge.
(d) Lord Russell.
3. When does Henry Adams decide to join the Army?
(a) After Brooks talks him into it.
(b) After the first battle of Bull Run.
(c) After the second battle of Bull Run.
(d) After the Civil War ends.
4. What did Henry Adams' father's political party have to do to gain power?
(a) Bribing people and secrets.
(b) Deal making and compromises.
(c) Get enough votes in the primary.
(d) Move into the South.
5. What does Henry Adams feel correlates with the winter?
(a) Leaving home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Lincoln give Charles Francis Adams?
2. What did the Free Soil Party get from the Democrats when a Democrat became governor of Massachusetts?
3. After Henry Adams moves to Dresden, which two countries start a war?
4. What political party does Henry Adams' father found?
5. In "Harvard", how does Henry Adams describe his years at Harvard?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)