|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 Foes and Friends (1862).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the English Prime Minister try to turn Parliament against the United States in "Foes and Friends"?
(a) With a long speech.
(b) With blackmail.
(c) With a note.
(d) With money.
2. What is Henry Adams' education like in Berlin?
(a) Hands-on activities.
(b) Endless lectures.
(c) Nothing but reading.
(d) There is no university in Berlin.
3. Where do Henry Adams and his sister travel as soon as the armistice is declared?
4. What does Henry Adams feel correlates with the winter?
(a) Leaving home.
5. How does Henry Adams feel about society in England?
(a) He sees no point in it.
(b) He says there are too many rules.
(c) He thinks it is classier than American society.
(d) He worships it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Henry Adams and his friends attend Harvard?
2. In "Treason", who does Henry Adams say needs an education?
3. Who was NOT related to Henry Adams?
4. What did the Free Soil Party get from the Democrats when a Democrat became governor of Massachusetts?
5. Near the end of Chapter 5, "Berlin", what does Henry Adams suddenly starts to understand?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)