|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 Foes and Friends (1862).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Henry Adams' father's political party have to do to gain power?
(a) Bribing people and secrets.
(b) Move into the South.
(c) Get enough votes in the primary.
(d) Deal making and compromises.
2. What position does Lincoln give Charles Francis Adams?
(a) Supreme Court Justice.
(b) Personal assistant.
(c) Secretary of State.
(d) Minister to England.
3. How does Henry Adams interact with the elite society in "Foes and Friends"?
(a) His interactions convince them to side with him.
(b) He focuses too much on society and forgets about his education.
(c) His interactions are unsuccessful.
(d) He is too afraid to interact with them.
4. Who was NOT related to Henry Adams?
(a) Francis Adams.
(b) John Quincy Adams.
(c) Samuel Adams.
(d) John Adams.
5. When does Henry Adams decide to join the Army?
(a) After the first battle of Bull Run.
(b) After the second battle of Bull Run.
(c) After the Civil War ends.
(d) After Brooks talks him into it.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Treason", who does Henry Adams say needs an education?
2. In "Boston", why did Henry Adams say he hates school?
3. After spending time in Europe, what does Henry Adams decide to do with this part of his education?
4. How does Henry Adams feel about society in England?
5. After returning from Europe, how does Henry Adams see the people of Washington, DC?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)