|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 Foes and Friends (1862).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry Adams interact with the elite society in "Foes and Friends"?
(a) He is too afraid to interact with them.
(b) He focuses too much on society and forgets about his education.
(c) His interactions are unsuccessful.
(d) His interactions convince them to side with him.
2. After Henry Adams moves to Dresden, which two countries start a war?
(a) Russia and Germany.
(b) Germany and France.
(c) Italy and France.
(d) The United States and Japan.
3. Why do Henry Adams and his friends attend Harvard?
(a) They have free tuition.
(b) Their fathers went there.
(c) Good education.
(d) Social connections.
4. What is Henry Adams' education like in Berlin?
(a) There is no university in Berlin.
(b) Endless lectures.
(c) Nothing but reading.
(d) Hands-on activities.
5. Who was NOT related to Henry Adams?
(a) John Quincy Adams.
(b) Francis Adams.
(c) Samuel Adams.
(d) John Adams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Lincoln give Charles Francis Adams?
2. Where do Henry Adams and his sister travel as soon as the armistice is declared?
3. How does the English Prime Minister try to turn Parliament against the United States in "Foes and Friends"?
4. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
5. During Chapter 2, "Boston", what plays the biggest role in Henry Adams' education?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)