|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 Foes and Friends (1862).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Harvard", how does Henry Adams describe his years at Harvard?
(a) A period of bonding.
(b) Very boring.
(c) A waste of time.
(d) The best preparation.
2. Near the end of Chapter 5, "Berlin", what does Henry Adams suddenly starts to understand?
(c) His Harvard education.
3. What position does Henry Adams obtain at Harvard?
(a) Dean of Admissions.
(b) Class President.
(c) Resident Advisor.
(d) Class Orator.
4. In "Washington", how does Henry Adams describe the South?
(a) Dusty and slow.
(b) Sunny and calm.
(c) Ragged and poor.
(d) Rich and glitzy.
5. What position does Lincoln give Charles Francis Adams?
(a) Secretary of State.
(b) Minister to England.
(c) Personal assistant.
(d) Supreme Court Justice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry Adams' education like in Berlin?
2. How do the English feel about the Civil War?
3. How does Charles Swinbourne awe Henry Adams?
4. After returning from Europe, how does Henry Adams see the people of Washington, DC?
5. What did Henry Adams' father's political party have to do to gain power?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)