|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 Foes and Friends (1862).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was NOT related to Henry Adams?
(a) Francis Adams.
(b) John Adams.
(c) John Quincy Adams.
(d) Samuel Adams.
2. During Chapter 2, "Boston", what plays the biggest role in Henry Adams' education?
(a) Anti-slavery groups.
(b) His father.
(c) Yale University.
(d) The church.
3. What is Henry Adams' education like in Berlin?
(a) There is no university in Berlin.
(b) Endless lectures.
(c) Hands-on activities.
(d) Nothing but reading.
4. In "Washington", how does Henry Adams describe the South?
(a) Rich and glitzy.
(b) Dusty and slow.
(c) Ragged and poor.
(d) Sunny and calm.
5. Why do Henry Adams and his friends attend Harvard?
(a) Their fathers went there.
(b) Social connections.
(c) Good education.
(d) They have free tuition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
2. What did Henry Adams' father's political party have to do to gain power?
3. What almost killed Henry Adams when he was eight?
4. When does Henry Adams decide to join the Army?
5. What political party does Henry Adams' father found?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)