|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 Foes and Friends (1862).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the English Prime Minister try to turn Parliament against the United States in "Foes and Friends"?
(a) With a note.
(b) With a long speech.
(c) With blackmail.
(d) With money.
2. In "Boston", why did Henry Adams say he hates school?
(a) Because he had to do partner work.
(b) Because he had to read alone.
(c) Because he had to learn by rote.
(d) Because they were lying to him.
3. What political party does Henry Adams' father found?
(a) Free Soil Party.
(b) Bostonian Party.
(c) Republican Party.
(d) Abolitionist Party.
4. What position does Lincoln give Charles Francis Adams?
(a) Secretary of State.
(b) Minister to England.
(c) Supreme Court Justice.
(d) Personal assistant.
5. How does Henry Adams feel about society in England?
(a) He worships it.
(b) He says there are too many rules.
(c) He sees no point in it.
(d) He thinks it is classier than American society.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Treason", who does Henry Adams say needs an education?
2. What position does Henry Adams obtain at Harvard?
3. How does Charles Swinbourne awe Henry Adams?
4. What is Henry Adams' education like in Berlin?
5. What did the Free Soil Party get from the Democrats when a Democrat became governor of Massachusetts?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)