|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 Foes and Friends (1862).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was NOT related to Henry Adams?
(a) Francis Adams.
(b) John Quincy Adams.
(c) Samuel Adams.
(d) John Adams.
2. Why do Henry Adams and his friends attend Harvard?
(a) Their fathers went there.
(b) Good education.
(c) Social connections.
(d) They have free tuition.
3. What position does Henry Adams obtain at Harvard?
(a) Class President.
(b) Dean of Admissions.
(c) Class Orator.
(d) Resident Advisor.
4. In "Harvard", how does Henry Adams describe his years at Harvard?
(a) The best preparation.
(b) A period of bonding.
(c) A waste of time.
(d) Very boring.
5. After Henry Adams moves to Dresden, which two countries start a war?
(a) The United States and Japan.
(b) Germany and France.
(c) Russia and Germany.
(d) Italy and France.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry Adams do to learn German in "Berlin"?
2. Near the end of Chapter 5, "Berlin", what does Henry Adams suddenly starts to understand?
3. What did the Free Soil Party get from the Democrats when a Democrat became governor of Massachusetts?
4. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
5. What almost killed Henry Adams when he was eight?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)