|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 Foes and Friends (1862).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Treason", who does Henry Adams say needs an education?
(a) John Hay.
(b) Charles Sumner.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
2. Why do Henry Adams and his friends attend Harvard?
(a) Their fathers went there.
(b) Social connections.
(c) They have free tuition.
(d) Good education.
3. How does the English Prime Minister try to turn Parliament against the United States in "Foes and Friends"?
(a) With a long speech.
(b) With blackmail.
(c) With money.
(d) With a note.
4. Who was NOT related to Henry Adams?
(a) John Quincy Adams.
(b) Samuel Adams.
(c) Francis Adams.
(d) John Adams.
5. What does Henry Adams do to learn German in "Berlin"?
(a) Hires a tutor.
(b) Registers at a high school.
(c) Works alone using a book.
(d) Gets a job in Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Washington", how does Henry Adams describe the South?
2. What did the Free Soil Party get from the Democrats when a Democrat became governor of Massachusetts?
3. Who is John Hay when Henry Adams first meets him?
4. Where do Henry Adams and his sister travel as soon as the armistice is declared?
5. Who is the English Foreign Secretary?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)