|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 Foes and Friends (1862).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Henry Adams and his friends attend Harvard?
(a) Their fathers went there.
(b) Social connections.
(c) They have free tuition.
(d) Good education.
2. Who was NOT related to Henry Adams?
(a) Francis Adams.
(b) John Quincy Adams.
(c) Samuel Adams.
(d) John Adams.
3. Where do Henry Adams and his sister travel as soon as the armistice is declared?
4. When does Henry Adams decide to join the Army?
(a) After the first battle of Bull Run.
(b) After the second battle of Bull Run.
(c) After Brooks talks him into it.
(d) After the Civil War ends.
5. What almost killed Henry Adams when he was eight?
(b) A dog.
(c) The British.
(d) Scarlet Fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry Adams feel about society in England?
2. How does Charles Swinbourne awe Henry Adams?
3. What position does Lincoln give Charles Francis Adams?
4. What political party does Henry Adams' father found?
5. In "Treason", who does Henry Adams say needs an education?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)