|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 Foes and Friends (1862).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the English feel about the Civil War?
(a) They are in favor of the Union.
(b) They say they will form an alliance with whoever wins.
(c) They have no public opinion.
(d) They are against the Union.
2. After returning from Europe, how does Henry Adams see the people of Washington, DC?
(a) Everyone seems ignorant.
(b) Everyone seems confused.
(c) Everyone seems changed.
(d) Everyone seems to be anti-slavery.
3. In "Harvard", how does Henry Adams describe his years at Harvard?
(a) The best preparation.
(b) A waste of time.
(c) Very boring.
(d) A period of bonding.
4. In "Treason", who does Henry Adams say needs an education?
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) John Hay.
(d) Charles Sumner.
5. How does Henry Adams interact with the elite society in "Foes and Friends"?
(a) His interactions are unsuccessful.
(b) His interactions convince them to side with him.
(c) He is too afraid to interact with them.
(d) He focuses too much on society and forgets about his education.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Chapter 2, "Boston", what plays the biggest role in Henry Adams' education?
2. What position does Henry Adams obtain at Harvard?
3. What did Henry Adams' father's political party have to do to gain power?
4. In "Washington", how does Henry Adams describe the South?
5. How does Henry Adams feel about society in England?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)