|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 Foes and Friends (1862).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Henry Adams and his friends attend Harvard?
(a) Their fathers went there.
(b) Good education.
(c) Social connections.
(d) They have free tuition.
2. What does Henry Adams do to learn German in "Berlin"?
(a) Hires a tutor.
(b) Works alone using a book.
(c) Registers at a high school.
(d) Gets a job in Germany.
3. Near the end of Chapter 5, "Berlin", what does Henry Adams suddenly starts to understand?
(b) His Harvard education.
4. After spending time in Europe, what does Henry Adams decide to do with this part of his education?
(a) Continue it for six more months.
(b) End it and travel to Asia.
(c) Value it above all the other parts.
(d) End it and return home.
5. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
(a) It is read by his father instead.
(b) It is printed by a paper and satarized.
(c) It is turned into anti-war propaganda.
(d) It is lost in the mail.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry Adams interact with the elite society in "Foes and Friends"?
2. What almost killed Henry Adams when he was eight?
3. What is Henry Adams' education like in Berlin?
4. In "Treason", who does Henry Adams say needs an education?
5. In "Boston", why did Henry Adams say he hates school?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)