|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 Foes and Friends (1862).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry Adams feel correlates with the winter?
(a) Leaving home.
2. After spending time in Europe, what does Henry Adams decide to do with this part of his education?
(a) Continue it for six more months.
(b) End it and travel to Asia.
(c) End it and return home.
(d) Value it above all the other parts.
3. How does Henry Adams interact with the elite society in "Foes and Friends"?
(a) His interactions are unsuccessful.
(b) He focuses too much on society and forgets about his education.
(c) He is too afraid to interact with them.
(d) His interactions convince them to side with him.
4. What position does Henry Adams obtain at Harvard?
(a) Dean of Admissions.
(b) Class President.
(c) Class Orator.
(d) Resident Advisor.
5. Near the end of Chapter 5, "Berlin", what does Henry Adams suddenly starts to understand?
(b) His Harvard education.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry Adams do to learn German in "Berlin"?
2. After Henry Adams moves to Dresden, which two countries start a war?
3. Who is John Hay when Henry Adams first meets him?
4. After returning from Europe, how does Henry Adams see the people of Washington, DC?
5. During Chapter 2, "Boston", what plays the biggest role in Henry Adams' education?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)