|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 Foes and Friends (1862).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Henry Adams and his friends attend Harvard?
(a) Their fathers went there.
(b) Social connections.
(c) They have free tuition.
(d) Good education.
2. After spending time in Europe, what does Henry Adams decide to do with this part of his education?
(a) Continue it for six more months.
(b) End it and travel to Asia.
(c) Value it above all the other parts.
(d) End it and return home.
3. In "Treason", who does Henry Adams say needs an education?
(a) Charles Sumner.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
(d) John Hay.
4. How does Charles Swinbourne awe Henry Adams?
(a) With his haphazard way of dressing.
(b) With his political ties.
(c) With his poetry and conversation.
(d) With his newspaper articles.
5. After Henry Adams moves to Dresden, which two countries start a war?
(a) Russia and Germany.
(b) Italy and France.
(c) Germany and France.
(d) The United States and Japan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Henry Adams obtain at Harvard?
2. After returning from Europe, how does Henry Adams see the people of Washington, DC?
3. What political party does Henry Adams' father found?
4. During Chapter 2, "Boston", what plays the biggest role in Henry Adams' education?
5. Who is John Hay when Henry Adams first meets him?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)