|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 Foes and Friends (1862).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Henry Adams and his sister travel as soon as the armistice is declared?
2. How does Henry Adams feel about society in England?
(a) He worships it.
(b) He thinks it is classier than American society.
(c) He says there are too many rules.
(d) He sees no point in it.
3. Who is John Hay when Henry Adams first meets him?
(a) A teacher.
(b) An old newspaper reporter.
(c) A young, private secretary.
(d) A new congressman.
4. In "Washington", how does Henry Adams describe the South?
(a) Rich and glitzy.
(b) Ragged and poor.
(c) Sunny and calm.
(d) Dusty and slow.
5. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
(a) It is read by his father instead.
(b) It is turned into anti-war propaganda.
(c) It is printed by a paper and satarized.
(d) It is lost in the mail.
Short Answer Questions
1. After spending time in Europe, what does Henry Adams decide to do with this part of his education?
2. What position does Lincoln give Charles Francis Adams?
3. What does Henry Adams do to learn German in "Berlin"?
4. What position does Henry Adams obtain at Harvard?
5. After Henry Adams moves to Dresden, which two countries start a war?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)