|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 Foes and Friends (1862).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry Adams do to learn German in "Berlin"?
(a) Works alone using a book.
(b) Hires a tutor.
(c) Registers at a high school.
(d) Gets a job in Germany.
2. What did Henry Adams' father's political party have to do to gain power?
(a) Move into the South.
(b) Get enough votes in the primary.
(c) Deal making and compromises.
(d) Bribing people and secrets.
3. In "Harvard", how does Henry Adams describe his years at Harvard?
(a) A period of bonding.
(b) A waste of time.
(c) Very boring.
(d) The best preparation.
4. In "Washington", how does Henry Adams describe the South?
(a) Sunny and calm.
(b) Dusty and slow.
(c) Rich and glitzy.
(d) Ragged and poor.
5. After returning from Europe, how does Henry Adams see the people of Washington, DC?
(a) Everyone seems confused.
(b) Everyone seems changed.
(c) Everyone seems ignorant.
(d) Everyone seems to be anti-slavery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What almost killed Henry Adams when he was eight?
2. What does Henry Adams feel correlates with the winter?
3. What position does Henry Adams obtain at Harvard?
4. After spending time in Europe, what does Henry Adams decide to do with this part of his education?
5. What did the Free Soil Party get from the Democrats when a Democrat became governor of Massachusetts?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)