|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 Foes and Friends (1862).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry Adams do to learn German in "Berlin"?
(a) Works alone using a book.
(b) Gets a job in Germany.
(c) Registers at a high school.
(d) Hires a tutor.
2. What did the Free Soil Party get from the Democrats when a Democrat became governor of Massachusetts?
(a) A position in the Massachusetts courts.
(b) Five hundred dollars.
(c) They got kicked out of Massachusetts.
(d) A Senate seat.
3. What almost killed Henry Adams when he was eight?
(a) Scarlet Fever.
(c) A dog.
(d) The British.
4. In "Boston", why did Henry Adams say he hates school?
(a) Because he had to learn by rote.
(b) Because he had to read alone.
(c) Because he had to do partner work.
(d) Because they were lying to him.
5. What happens to a letter Henry Adams wrote to his brother in "Diplomacy"?
(a) It is lost in the mail.
(b) It is turned into anti-war propaganda.
(c) It is read by his father instead.
(d) It is printed by a paper and satarized.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Henry Adams' father's political party have to do to gain power?
2. During Chapter 2, "Boston", what plays the biggest role in Henry Adams' education?
3. How does the English Prime Minister try to turn Parliament against the United States in "Foes and Friends"?
4. How does Henry Adams feel about society in England?
5. How does Henry Adams interact with the elite society in "Foes and Friends"?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)