|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 A Law of Acceleration (1904).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Henry Adams travels during "Silence", what does he mostly think about?
(a) How improved his life is.
(b) How everything is falling apart.
(c) How nature is the real solution.
(d) How generous people are.
2. What does Henry Adams begin to think about all politicians in "Political Morality"?
(a) That they are elite.
(b) That they are dishonest.
(c) That they are uneducated.
(d) That they are too educated.
3. After reading "The Grammar of Science", how does Henry Adams describe the book?
(a) Confusing and convoluted.
(b) A waste of money.
(d) Behind the times.
4. Who does Henry Adams turn to in his investigation in the Gould scandal?
(a) His brother, Brooks.
(b) State Department.
(c) North American Review.
(d) The Treasury.
5. Who does Henry Adams say very few Americans envied?
(a) The very poor.
(b) The very rich.
(c) The politicians.
(d) The royalty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry Adams says that as things become more complex, they need what?
2. What is Henry Adams' education like in Berlin?
3. In "Chaos", what countries go to war?
4. How does editing the North American Review impact Henry Adams?
5. Who publishes Henry Adams' articles on U.S. finance in "Darwinism"?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)