Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28 The Abyss of Ignorance (1902).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edinburgh Review do with Henry Adams' article on the Jay Gould scandal?
(a) They reject it.
(b) They publish it reluctantly.
(c) They put it on the cover.
(d) They say they'll print it in four months.
2. How do the English feel about the Civil War?
(a) They are in favor of the Union.
(b) They have no public opinion.
(c) They are against the Union.
(d) They say they will form an alliance with whoever wins.
3. Henry Adams says that as things become more complex, they need what?
(a) An end.
(b) A wider evaluation.
(c) A simple representation.
(d) A larger synthesis.
4. What new age does Henry Adams find when he returns to the United States in "The Press"?
(a) An age governed by God.
(b) An age of chaos.
(c) An age ruled by scientific reason.
(d) An age powered by steam and coal.
5. In "Chaos", what countries go to war?
(a) Germany and Ireland.
(b) Italy and Germany.
(c) Russia and Italy.
(d) France and Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Henry Adams travels during "Silence", what does he mostly think about?
2. In "Harvard", how does Henry Adams describe his years at Harvard?
3. Who does Henry Adams re-meet in Washington in "The Press"?
4. Where does Henry Adams live in "President Grant"?
5. How did Henry Adams describe his response to invitations to formal dinners in "The Perfection of Human Society"?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)