Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24 The Dynamo and The Virgin (1900).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Henry Adams re-meet in Washington in "The Press"?
2. What position does Lincoln give Charles Francis Adams?
(a) Supreme Court Justice.
(b) Secretary of State.
(c) Minister to England.
(d) Personal assistant.
3. When Henry Adams travels during "Silence", what does he mostly think about?
(a) How nature is the real solution.
(b) How everything is falling apart.
(c) How improved his life is.
(d) How generous people are.
4. What happens during the Adams' trip to Italy?
(a) Johnson declares war.
(b) Lincoln is assassinated.
(c) England is invaded.
(d) The Legation ends.
5. What did Henry Adams see the dynamo as a symbol of?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Chaos", what countries go to war?
2. What did the Free Soil Party get from the Democrats when a Democrat became governor of Massachusetts?
3. How long did the Adams go to Italy for?
4. When Henry Adams begins his work in finance in "Darwinism", what does he suggest happen with U.S. currency?
5. In "Eccentricity", what does Henry Adams say is the beginning and end of political education?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)