Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 President Grant (1869).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Eccentricity", how does Henry Adams describe Bright?
2. What does Henry Adams do to learn German in "Berlin"?
(a) Registers at a high school.
(b) Gets a job in Germany.
(c) Hires a tutor.
(d) Works alone using a book.
3. In "Darwinism", how does Henry Adams describe the impact of seven years in England on his education?
(a) He learned the importance of science.
(b) He learned how to move in society.
(c) He learned to not care about England.
(d) He learned how to balance a budget.
4. What is revealed after Russell passes away?
(a) His many mistresses.
(b) His ferver for trying to break up the United States.
(c) His attempts to get the South back into the Union.
(d) How trustworthy he really was.
5. Who does Henry Adams say the social eccentrics sympathize with?
(a) American eccentrics.
(b) Members of Parliament.
(c) No one.
(d) The political eccentrics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry Adams call "the last refuge of the educated poor"?
2. In "Boston", why did Henry Adams say he hates school?
3. What English company builds Ironclad rams?
4. What turned the Civil War in favor of the Union?
5. Who is the English Foreign Secretary?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)